Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 07:48 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 190.4/136/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
Hello hello IPers!! Sounds like there are some good weigh ins being reported!

Can I just confess my love for the peanut butter balls? They are de-licious!!!

The nose piercing celebration for ONEderland was great!! It hardly hurt at all and I love love love it!! I'll try to attach a pic.

Have a fabulous on point week, y'all.

http://flickr.com/gp/thehustadfam/tjMv42

Okay, so I can't figure out how to post the pic, but here's a link.
Very nice, I rewarded myself about a month ago with a nose piercing. I agree, it didnt' hurt at all and I love it!
Old 04-04-2011, 08:01 PM   #62  
I have HOPE!

S/C/G: 290/254.5/170

Height: 5'8

HI all - hope you all had a successful day on IP! I'm doing really well staying on protocol since I had a big cheat last week and I'm feeling great! Keep up the hardwork! We can all do this, no matter what we have to lose, it's about making this decision for ourselves ONCE and FOR ALL
Old 04-04-2011, 08:04 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 460/411/150 24" lost!

Height: 5'9"

Hi all! This is my second day on IP. It is a bit difficult because the weather is icky and normally this would be a "hunny can you bring dinner home?" days. But I know this is worth it and I am worth it!

I do have a question. I'm a Southern gal and it's getting close to tomato season. Us Southern gals love our fried green tomatoes! I was thinking about just cooking some sliced green tomatoes in the skillet with a drop or two of olive oil and a dash of real sea salt. Does anyone know if green tomatoes would have the same restriction as ripe tomatoes? Also, does it matter what kind of olive oil you use? For years we have been using extra light olive oil rather than EVOO.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:27 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone! I had a couple of NSV's over the weekend that I would like to share.

I had a very stressful Saturday, and was ready to go have several beers. We went out, but I drank water! About halfway through the night, I was talking to friend that I don't see all the time, and didn't know I was dieting, and he asked if I had lost some weight. It reinforced that I had made the right decision.

Sunday I had a coupon for a department store, so I thought I would go and see what I could find. I tried on a ton of clothes, it was so fun. I can comfortably wear a large instead of XL shirt. I was able to wear size 11 and 12 pants! The first pair I got into, I thought it was maybe just the brand. That maybe they just ran big. So I got a couple different brands, and still 11 or 12, and they fit! WooHoo! I did end up buying a pair of pants, a shirt, and a jean jacket. I am really trying not to buy too many clothes, because I am not done, but it is hard!

Here's to another OP week!
Old 04-04-2011, 08:34 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 256/223/155

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post

I'm right with ya sista'! Those little bits of peanut buttery goodness are to die for! They sooooo feel like a cheat!

Was a great day for me NSV wise...have had lots of compliments from people who knew I was doing IP but today I got compliments from 2 separate people who didn't have any idea I was on a "diet". I even got "wow, you look skinny!"...which I know was an exaggeration but hey, I'll take it! I also went out to buy a new bra today as like most, I've lost the most inches in my chest and found that in 6 weeks, I've gone from a 44DDD to a 38DD....craziness! The girls at the store all know me and even they were floored I bought some new undies too, from a 3X to an X and a tshirt and a pair of sunglasses....boy, I can see myself getting into some serious trouble now that clothes shopping is pretty fun again and will only get better LOL.

Anyway, just had my dinner of eggs and cucumber and am looking forward to the next 3 days of the "big mac in a bowl" (I pre-cook enough meat for 3 meals). It's my fave meal to make now and even my husband likes it!

Hope everyone has a great night
Hey twin That is amazing!!!! I would have to agree that this shopping thing could become dangerous! lol can't wait to try peanut butter balls and the bic mac in a bowl. sounds delish! I tried kale chips tonight and was so happy to get a crunch! yummy!
Old 04-04-2011, 08:38 PM   #66  
Start IP 3/9/11

S/C/G: 215 /167.4 /130

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
To the whole group.....
Would there be an interest to starting a new "Alternative Products" thread? The previous one is very long and we could start a fresh one.

Thoughts or concerns?
I think that's a great idea.
I also use alternative products and found that thread to be most helpful. Would like to help others with what I have learned.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:39 PM   #67  

S/C/G: HW255/IP223/ticker/GW160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannyOgg View Post
Hi all! This is my second day on IP. It is a bit difficult because the weather is icky and normally this would be a "hunny can you bring dinner home?" days. But I know this is worth it and I am worth it!

I do have a question. I'm a Southern gal and it's getting close to tomato season. Us Southern gals love our fried green tomatoes! I was thinking about just cooking some sliced green tomatoes in the skillet with a drop or two of olive oil and a dash of real sea salt. Does anyone know if green tomatoes would have the same restriction as ripe tomatoes? Also, does it matter what kind of olive oil you use? For years we have been using extra light olive oil rather than EVOO.
i would think they'd have the same restrictions as red tomatoes. maybe someone else here would know for sure?? also maybe u could "bread" them with the southwest cheese curls and bake them in the oven???
Old 04-04-2011, 09:31 PM   #68  

My coach has us eating 8 oz of protein for supper...why the discrepancy?
Old 04-04-2011, 09:36 PM   #69  
I have HOPE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Orchid View Post
My coach has us eating 8 oz of protein for supper...why the discrepancy?
Hi there

On the older 'regime' they got 5 ounces of protein. I guess they re-evaluated the program and said that 5-8 ounces would be acceptable. I thank GOD for 8 ounces!!
Old 04-04-2011, 09:37 PM   #70  
I have HOPE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannyOgg View Post
You are worth it!! Keep up the great work and push through the next few days, they could be tough but you can do this!! You will feel so much better....I'm only week 2 (and a half) but I am feeling awesome already and loving my results...keep going
Old 04-04-2011, 09:42 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleBell77 View Post
Hey twin That is amazing!!!! I would have to agree that this shopping thing could become dangerous! lol can't wait to try peanut butter balls and the bic mac in a bowl. sounds delish! I tried kale chips tonight and was so happy to get a crunch! yummy!
Thanks!! So the kale chips are a "go" huh? I just can't seem to wrap my head around them being so good but then again, 6 weeks ago, I barely knew what a turnip actually was and now love them done up as "fries" LOL. So yep, gonna have to try that too!
Old 04-04-2011, 10:16 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 182(size16)/143(size 8)/132ish

Height: 5'6 started IP 2/2/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelmalou72 View Post
OK,
So here's my first official question after starting. The Phase 1 sheet I was given by my coach today lists 2 whole eggs as an option for my protein. Can I have these daily, or am I limited? I love scrambled eggs, and could work in some of my veggies for an omelette.

What they mean, (or at least this is how my coach explained to me) is that you can have 2 whole eggs instead of your meat for you 5-7 oz of lean meat or seafood.. (the new protocol says 8, but I haven't changed, I probably get more than 5 or 7 oz anyway..)

Some people eat a hard boiled egg if they need more protein, or work out or something, but you would need to discuss that with your coach, because just like anything on these boards, some say yes, some say no..

Clear as mud?
I love eggs, but am not willing to sacrifice my only meal for them. LOL
Old 04-04-2011, 10:20 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesley View Post
Goodmorning everyone!! I have been away from the daily chat for awhile - posting more in the "side chats" lol. I did just want to report that I have still been on plan and that I have REACHED MY GOAL!!!!!!!! To all of you just starting out - I NEVER thought I would get here! But now, it seems like only yesterday that I started. Use these threads - without it I have no doubt it would have been impossible!

Juiceman - you are a great source of information!! Hope you are hitting the aloe vera hard today
I needed to hear that someone reached their goal..I am 6 lbs away and having a bit of a tuff time...but I will dig in and I will reach my goal...
I will I will....
Old 04-04-2011, 10:23 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugadiva View Post
Hi there

On the older 'regime' they got 5 ounces of protein. I guess they re-evaluated the program and said that 5-8 ounces would be acceptable. I thank GOD for 8 ounces!!
Wow I am on the old system and I get 5 oz and I am 6 lbs to goal...Ocassionally I have added a few more ounces because I wasn't satisfied but that made the difference...
Its a great trip...I really have enjoyed this program and can't wait to say I've done it..I've reached my goal...

Old 04-04-2011, 10:23 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 182(size16)/143(size 8)/132ish

Height: 5'6 started IP 2/2/11

So I was so excited to see the scale move on Sat, but of course, Sunday and Monday it stayed exactly the same. Grr.. shouldn't weigh everyday. Anyway, I have WI #9 tomorrow.. I am hoping for more than the flipping
-1.2 lb loss last week. I got a medi/pedi today and everytime I look at my toes or fingers I am going to remember how hard I have worked to get here and to keep going this week with 100% perfect IP .
A NSV, my sister (lovely size 2/4 tall, DD top (she paid for ) sent me some size 12's a few years ago, and I didn't fit into them then, but always kept them in my closet with the tags... Everytime I would clean my closet (usually to take away non fitting clothes, darn dryer, and add bigger clothes.. am I right guys and gals?) I would try them on, eventually I couldn't even get them past my hips.. especially when I was a tight 16.. well anyway, I tried them on, and they were too big today, I still took off the tags and wore them, as a victory to myself, but I dare say if I were to buy those today, I might have to try a size 10, (which I haven't been since 1995, when I was 20...) Hello?? What the??
So I will report tomorrow... Hope I can pee away a couple of more pounds before my WI. LOL
Closed Thread