Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 10:18 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

By the way, some of you knew I was going to a potluck yesterday. You guys gave me some great ideas for what to bring, and I ended up using one of them which turned out to be a great success, everyone loved it and I had several people ask me for the recipe. Thanks so much for your help!

I had been worried about cheating, but I ate only from the dish I brought (everything else had cheese, pasta, crackers, or something in it I couldn't eat). There were even triple chocolate brownies there, which used to be a weakness for me. I admit, my tastebuds wanted a bit of everything, but strangely, I didn't struggle too hard to say "no" to myself. I'm so glad it's getting easier! AND the only real craving I had was for some more of the food I brought. It was sooooooooo good!
Old 04-04-2011, 10:22 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 179.2/150.2/145

Height: 5'8.5"

WI #18 this morning, one pound loss. I'll take it. I'm officially starting Phase 2 this week. Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm five pounds away from goal.

Congratulations to all for the losses and welcome to all the newbies.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:30 AM   #18  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsEricaSaenz View Post
WI #18 this morning, one pound loss. I'll take it. I'm officially starting Phase 2 this week. Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm five pounds away from goal.

Congrats on starting phase 2 this week! Must feel great. You are so close to your goal. Great job!
Old 04-04-2011, 10:50 AM   #19  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Morning everyone. Hope you all have an amazing day!!!
Old 04-04-2011, 11:02 AM   #20  
Restarting IP 2/14/2014

S/C/G: 279/264/160

Height: 5'6

WI #5 this morning, I haven't had a weigh -in in 3 weeks! In those 3 weeks I lost8.5 lbs according to coach's scale. So tgats a total on 23 lbs and 8.75 inches. Should my inches be more? My coach measures neck, right arm, bust, waist, hips, and right thigh. Either way, I'm happy, I'm almost to onederland according to my scale! That will be huge for me.
Good luck to those that weigh in today, and here's to another 100% day for everybody!
Old 04-04-2011, 11:03 AM   #21  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post
By the way, some of you knew I was going to a potluck yesterday. You guys gave me some great ideas for what to bring, and I ended up using one of them which turned out to be a great success, everyone loved it and I had several people ask me for the recipe. Thanks so much for your help!

I had been worried about cheating, but I ate only from the dish I brought (everything else had cheese, pasta, crackers, or something in it I couldn't eat). There were even triple chocolate brownies there, which used to be a weakness for me. I admit, my tastebuds wanted a bit of everything, but strangely, I didn't struggle too hard to say "no" to myself. I'm so glad it's getting easier! AND the only real craving I had was for some more of the food I brought. It was sooooooooo good!
Do tell. What did you make?
Old 04-04-2011, 11:16 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Have a great Monday everyone!

I am starting week 4 today. I will have my weigh in at lunch time and I will come back and update you. I can see the inches melting but my coach only measures on a monthly basis and I am not there yet.

A colleague that I consider a friend is losing weight as well and is ahead of me (using a different method) just handed me a bunch of slacks this morning for my transition. I am so happy! I am going to get her a gift certificate so that she can get some new clothes! One pair is brand new with the tags still on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airen08 View Post
So, I'm starting IP today. I'm subbing with EAS drinks today until I get to go to my consultation at 5:30. Then, I will be doing the actual program. I'm very excited and have been lurking on these boards for several weeks now gaining as much information as possible before deciding to plunge into the deep waters. I'll report back tonight on how the consultation went. I look forward to posting more and losing this weight!
Congratulations on taking this first step and good luck to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyfer View Post
Day 2 today. Bit of a headache this morning, but no biggie. First half of yesterday was okay, but the afternoon onwards I was really 'hungry' But I know from past experience that it's not real hunger - it's hole in my stomach junk food hunger. I'm telling myself to deal with it like a headache - it's uncomfortable, but it's not an emergency. Looking forward to getting past these first few days and into a groove.
I took 2 potassium supplements (instead of 1) and had some extra salt and it really helped me to feel better in those early days! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbeliever View Post
Airen08, good luck today. I have been on IP for 3 weeks now. I was a carb junkie so this was hard in the beginning. I just started substituting EAS. Lots cheaper. I feel like this is going to take forever for me. I have lost 14lbs. BUT, have 65 left to go....ugh....
I was a carb junkie too! That stuff is so ! It may feel like forever but you will get there if you just take it one day at a time. A wise person on this board posted about regarding this as a marathon rather than a race to the finish line and that it's more about the journey than the result... such a wise post! I really took it to heart and it helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjslilmommie View Post
I have just finished my first week of IP, I feel so much better, my WI is tonight and I am honestly a bit nervous. I work till midnight every sunday and I thought I did okay until I got home and was hungry I did not know what to do I think I Might get some EAS as wel just for these instances.
I have a feeling you will come up with a plan and you will be fine! My coach suggested hard boiled eggs (preferably the whites only) and slices of cooked ham. I can see these working in the midnight hours as well! (You may want to check with your coach first).

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Good morning IPer's. Looks like everyone had a great weekend. Here is to another wonderful start to a great week. 100% protocol for all of us WE CAN DO IT!

I spent the weekend working out in the yard. It got above 90° yesterday in KS. Today it will only get to mid 50's, crazy. Shoveled over 10,000#'s of dirt as I am relandscaping part of our yard. Should have worn sunblock and drank more water. FRIED!

At tip for all of us. If you are going to be working outside in the heat doing a lot of physical activity, DRINK, DRINK lots of water. Definitely have more than half your body weight in oz of water. I would almost go up to 75% or even your body weight in oz if you are sweating a lot. Eat your meals on time and do not skip. I even had some extra lean protein at lunch and I felt great. I am no IP coach so do not take what I say as fact, I just know what works for me. Saturday I did not add extra protein and I felt like it was run over by a truck.

Have a great week! Take care.
That seems amazing! We still have snow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissbutterflyz View Post
Hola!

Day 3 and feeling much better this morning! Tried making the chocolate pancake for breakfast and what a disaster....there is no way that thing was able to be flipped and it turned into a big heap of yuckiness....so yucky that I tried a bite and decided it was going in the garbage.....now Im going to have cereal instead....what a waste of a packet!! There's another one off my list.

Hoping you all have a great day on plan!

Ciao

I made the chocolate pancake/muffin packet as muffins. It made 2 little muffins and I really enjoyed it!

Otherwise, I noted this from the boards here (don't know who posted it though - I just copied and pasted for future reference):

"Hi there,
Just saw your post, and thought I would share how I make my choc pancakes. I take a glass bowl, and spray it with olive oil PAM.... pour the mix into the bowl (after vigorously shaking of course) microwave for 30-45 seconds... check to see if the center is 'set'......if not, go for 15 sec intervals. and voila! it slides right out onto your plate! I have fought with cooking this item too many times in the skillet. It was so frustrating... NOW so fast hope this helps."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesley View Post
Goodmorning everyone!! I have been away from the daily chat for awhile - posting more in the "side chats" lol. I did just want to report that I have still been on plan and that I have REACHED MY GOAL!!!!!!!! To all of you just starting out - I NEVER thought I would get here! But now, it seems like only yesterday that I started. Use these threads - without it I have no doubt it would have been impossible!

Juiceman - you are a great source of information!! Hope you are hitting the aloe vera hard today
What a great inspiration! Good luck with future phases! Thank you for sharing your success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaipjourney View Post
Happy Monday all!!! So very excited I will be hitting the 120s this week. The last of the weight I have to lose is all in my butt and thighs. I'm hoping it sucks the fat right from there. :-) I went to a get together this weekend and everyone was commenting about how skinny I was and how much weight I had lost. It was wonderful but different. Sometimes I wasn't even sure what to say. Have a great day everyone!!

Welcome new IP's you will love your results!!
Yay! You can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp8275 View Post
Congrats on hitting goal...that is awesome!!
Well I made it through my birthday without cheating yesterday. I had planned on having my husband order dessert and I would have one bite but I ended up getting sick that afternoon (and evening, and this morning) so we left before dessert. We tried making the crispy cereal pancakes last night and it ended up looking/tasting like cinnamon scrambled eggs. I'll try again today and tweak with the recipe a bit. I've officially hit the 20 lb. weight loss mark 2 weeks before the goal I had set so I'm pretty happy. I hope everyone has a fantastic Monday!
I hope you had a wonderful birthday! What a great NSV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post

That is so great! I will remember you when I am at similar outings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsEricaSaenz View Post

Oooh! So close! Good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
Morning everyone. Hope you all have an amazing day!!!
Same to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatiN View Post
WI #5 this morning, I haven't had a weigh -in in 3 weeks! In those 3 weeks I lost8.5 lbs according to coach's scale. So tgats a total on 23 lbs and 8.75 inches. Should my inches be more? My coach measures neck, right arm, bust, waist, hips, and right thigh. Either way, I'm happy, I'm almost to onederland according to my scale! That will be huge for me.
Good luck to those that weigh in today, and here's to another 100% day for everybody!
That is awesome! Way to go!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 04-04-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:37 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Hola!

Day 3 and feeling much better this morning! Tried making the chocolate pancake for breakfast and what a disaster....there is no way that thing was able to be flipped and it turned into a big heap of yuckiness....so yucky that I tried a bite and decided it was going in the garbage.....now Im going to have cereal instead....what a waste of a packet!! There's another one off my list.

Ciao
So glad you're feeling better. It took me till day 4 or 5 to feel like I was turning the corner.

I've tried twice to make the pancake packets, and they were disasters both times, too! I've had better success with the recipe for crispy cereal pancakes, and the best part is that it's not a restricted packet. The recipe even has it's own thread!
Old 04-04-2011, 11:40 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesley View Post
Goodmorning everyone!! I have been away from the daily chat for awhile - posting more in the "side chats" lol. I did just want to report that I have still been on plan and that I have REACHED MY GOAL!!!!!!!! To all of you just starting out - I NEVER thought I would get here! But now, it seems like only yesterday that I started. Use these threads - without it I have no doubt it would have been impossible!

Juiceman - you are a great source of information!! Hope you are hitting the aloe vera hard today
Congrats on reaching your goal!! So happy for you, and I agree, I cant imagine doing this without 3FC!
Old 04-04-2011, 12:06 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Do tell. What did you make?
I made the Sesame Chicken Salad:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaya2081 View Post
I haven't tried it yet, but I got this recipe from my coach and it sounds very good! I have modified the instructions based on my experience with similar dishes.

Sesame Chicken Salad:
Serves 4

1 1/2 lb BSCB (boneless, skinless chicken breast) cut into strips
1 glove garlic, minced
2 tbsp mild pepper sauce
2 tbsp olive oil
2/3 lb bean sprouts
1/2 lb watercress
1 sweet yellow pepper-diced
1/2 lb asparagus cut in 1/2 (after removing woody stems)
2 tsp sesame seeds

Dressing:
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 c white vinegar
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 white onion-finely chopped
2 tsp sweetener
2 tsp sesame seeds

Prep:
Trim fat from chicken. In large bowl mix chicken, garlic and pepper sauce. Let sit
Wisk together all dressing ingredients in smaller bowl.
In another bowl mix bean spouts and watercress
Heat wok or large skillet with oil (when I stir fry I use med-high heat, except when browning meat, then I use med heat). Brown chicken in batches. Turn up head and add yellow pepper and asparagus fry for a few minutes-stir constantly-add chicken back in long enough to heat. Mix with watercress and bean sprouts pour dressing and sprinkle with sesame seeds.

Now what I would do is cook the veggies and chicken and bring it and the dressing in separate containers from the bean sprouts and watercress. Then when you are ready to eat mix everything together. Otherwise things will get soggy. If you need to double the recipe cook it in 2 batches-I stir-frys don't do well if the pan is overly crowded
It really was so good. And at first, I was worried because the recipe calls for pepper sauce, and I'm a wuss when it comes to spicy foods, but it was GREAT in this. In fact, it was reminiscent of one of my pre-IP favorite dishes, thai peanut noodles and chicken. Don't ask me how! But I've been so in the mood for that lately, and this dish satisfied that craving!

ALSO: I printed out ALL the recipes that were suggested to me on the potluck thread. Pxlkitty4, I know you were curious as to how those recipes you suggested would taste, and I DO plan on trying them, and will let you know as soon as I do! Unless you beat me to it, of course!
Old 04-04-2011, 12:12 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Hola!

Ciao
Sorry to hear about the choc pancake failure hahha that has happened to me too...UNTIL I tried this method> I spray a round bowl, or micro safe container with Pam. Shake up the pancake as per directions... pour into bowl, and microwave say, 30 secs at a time. Usually the center is still a bit liquid...so I take a fork and just stir up the center gently. another 30 secs and for SURE< by 1 min 15 it will be done. all depending on the size / power of your machine. it slips right out of the bowl and mmmmmmmmmm so good.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:24 PM   #27  

I was a carb junkie too! That stuff is so ! It may feel like forever but you will get there if you just take it one day at a time. A wise person on this board posted about regarding this as a marathon rather than a race to the finish line and that it's more about the journey than the result... such a wise post! I really took it to heart and it helps!

Thanks so much! I take one day at a time and know for my health I have to complete this journey~
Old 04-04-2011, 12:39 PM   #28  

I would like to thank everyone who has been so kind to me. I just started posting recently. I am on an amazing journey and reading all of the posts keeps me going. I have lots of weight to lose and I am seeing so many success stories. Thanks all of you for giving me the inspiration to go on!
Old 04-04-2011, 12:41 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 185.6/148/145

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning IP friends....I'm back from my weekend in Victoria, what a great time we had..I was not 100% IP(this was planned) but am back on this morning.

I hit my goal but I am going to adjust it by about 5 pounds and will also start toning and adding some cardio back in so I know this will affect the scale number. I'm not as concerned with the number at this point as I am about toning and getting fit.

I think my plan will be phase 1 for 2 weeks then go to phase 2.

Have a great 100% day everyone.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:48 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 174/167/135

Good morning to everyone! Great job on all the victories and success! Hope you are all having a great day so far. I'm on my 4th week right now, and hoping this week is better for me. Last week we had my daughter's birthday party, and I didn't do so well with the "one taste" while making the frosting for her cake. I'm realizing that "one" ends up being way too many for me! I only lost 1/2 pound last week, but at least it went down a bit. So far I've been perfect this week, and plan to keep it that way. We'll see what the scale says on Thursday!
Closed Thread