Old 03-31-2011, 02:31 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Default Yes, I'm a little crazy :D

In the beginning of your IP journeys, have any of you ever had to imagine you were eating something different, just to get through your veggies (or some IP food if you didn't like it)?

I had an ongoing joke with my coworkers most of last week with my bag of celery I'd bring as a snack. I came up with different junk food to call it every day, like I'd hold up my bag and say, "These are mini reese's cups," or "I brought in nachos!"

I've gotten just slightly used to all the vegetables, and I'm not having to imagine as much anymore. So today my "fantasy" snack is celery, but with Skippy peanut butter made w/ honey.

I can't wait til my WF PB comes in! Lol.
Treena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:37 PM   #47  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

i think i'm finally back to (almost) normal! that was a yucky sickness. today will be WI#12 for me. i didn't have WI#11 last week because of my vacation, but i actually lost a bit of weight in Vegas (i was expecting a gain), so i'm excited to see what my coaches think.

i got a tattoo in vegas on my birthday and it's peeling more than any tattoo i have ever had (i have 5). i can't figure out if it is because vegas was so dry, or because i was so sick. i don't think it has anything to do with the diet because i already got a tattoo in february while on IP on my foot. that one didn't peel nearly as much. strange.

anyhow, it's good to be back! congratulations on all of your victories today!!!
longdivision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:55 PM   #48  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
i think i'm finally back to (almost) normal! that was a yucky sickness. today will be WI#12 for me. i didn't have WI#11 last week because of my vacation, but i actually lost a bit of weight in Vegas (i was expecting a gain), so i'm excited to see what my coaches think.

i got a tattoo in vegas on my birthday and it's peeling more than any tattoo i have ever had (i have 5). i can't figure out if it is because vegas was so dry, or because i was so sick. i don't think it has anything to do with the diet because i already got a tattoo in february while on IP on my foot. that one didn't peel nearly as much. strange.

anyhow, it's good to be back! congratulations on all of your victories today!!!
Glad you're feeling better!! What is the tat and where did you put it?
SJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:07 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 323/288/230

Height: 6' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbeliever View Post
Can we travel out of the country with the packets? I also use WF salad dressings and I don't think they will allow anything liquid! Any suggestions?
They make travel packets for some of the dressings but not all - just creamy bacon, honey mustard, ranch, italian, and one other I can't remember. For me - there are very few WF dressings that I can stand, much less like - however, i'm a huge yellow mustard fan and I put it on my salads and veggies all the time. If you like mustard then that might be a good alternative for you.

rondre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:17 PM   #50  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJackson View Post
Glad you're feeling better!! What is the tat and where did you put it?
my best friend goes to UCLA for design, so she drew up some channel island (california) foxes. the tattoo artist is a friend of mine who lives in las vegas, so we went to his shop on my birthday and he gave me the tattoo as a present. it's on my left upper arm/shoulder. here's a picture (thought it makes the tattoo look a bit distorted/crooked, but you get the idea).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo on 2011-03-29 at 00.31 #3.jpg (86.1 KB, 44 views)
longdivision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:32 PM   #51  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
my best friend goes to UCLA for design, so she drew up some channel island (california) foxes. the tattoo artist is a friend of mine who lives in las vegas, so we went to his shop on my birthday and he gave me the tattoo as a present. it's on my left upper arm/shoulder. here's a picture (thought it makes the tattoo look a bit distorted/crooked, but you get the idea).
Wow, very nice!!! I'm originally from Southern California, the Huntington Beach area. I've been thinking about a tattoo for my "reward" when I'm done with this.
SJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:40 PM   #52  

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations to everyone on your weight loss - as always, it's inspiring to hear about!

I was so nervous about my very first weigh in today, but just got back from it and I've lost 6lbs!! I'm so relieved and even more motivated than before. Plus, my body fat dropped by 1.99%. It's really way more than I was expecting and I just can't wait to be at my goal by summer...so exciting

Yay for IP!!
meowmisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:42 PM   #53  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbeliever View Post
Can we travel out of the country with the packets? I also use WF salad dressings and I don't think they will allow anything liquid! Any suggestions?
Many of us have traveled with packets with no problems in carry on. They are absolutely fine in your checked bag. Check with your airline about liquids in your checked bags. Most of the restrictions are around carry on bags, not checked baggage, so you might be OK. Good luck and have a great trip!
Lucky Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:44 PM   #54  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
That's really nice work. Great choice.

Good luck on your WI today... we share the same day. I'm glad you had a 'successful' trip despite your illness. I'm glad you are on the mend.
Lucky Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:52 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondre View Post
Thanks for the advice - funny how expensive the diet is and how I forget about it. I have another question for everyone too - I've seen lots of posts in different IP forums where people talk about exercising - which I've been told is forbidden but I don't know why exactly. I've got all this energy now but can't use it - does anyone know why exercise is not allowed?

I think this is a personal choice. I am half way through week 4 and am down 12 pounds. I have 13 more to go to hit 140 at 5'8".

I have continued my usual high intensity exercise the whole time, occasionally adding an egg or packet if I was starving.

I am just so happy to finally find a way to get the scale moving!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:57 PM   #56  
Reema

S/C/G: 155/131/115

Height: 4"10'

Unhappy First Week Evaluation....

I had my first week evaluation today. So lost only 2.8 pounds. and 2 inches in hips, thighs and 1/3 inch waist.

I never realized that dinner time I was eating double protein...I was so pissed...I ate 2 eggs and IP product for dinner. I can't believe I was doing that. I would have lost more weight. I hope I loose more next week. I am happy that I lost inches but you know sometimes you wanna see the weight loss too....Sorry...I guess I am venting!!!!!!!!!!:devi l:
Reema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:04 PM   #57  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post
In the beginning of your IP journeys, have any of you ever had to imagine you were eating something different, just to get through your veggies (or some IP food if you didn't like it)?

I had an ongoing joke with my coworkers most of last week with my bag of celery I'd bring as a snack. I came up with different junk food to call it every day, like I'd hold up my bag and say, "These are mini reese's cups," or "I brought in nachos!"

I've gotten just slightly used to all the vegetables, and I'm not having to imagine as much anymore. So today my "fantasy" snack is celery, but with Skippy peanut butter made w/ honey.

Hate to tell you it isn't no peanut butter I ever ate, the only way I can eat it is in a peanut satay sauce. The peanut butter puffs are good though... and divinci peanut butter syrup I hear is really good.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:15 PM   #58  
Sharon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJackson View Post
Hello!!! This post is said with hugs!!!! Ideal Protein is far from a liquid diet. With all of the veggies and chicken that I've eaten since last October, I'm waiting to sprout feathers, lay eggs and have the Agricultural Dept come out to check my crops!!! If you are not eating any solid foods, other than the omelette, then you need to go back and talk to your coach.

The water is something that our bodies need anyway, and most of us don't drink enough of it. the decaf tea is to help with the hunger pains though.
Thank you for clarifying this, as I think I did not explain myself that well. This diet is very limited in solid foods, which may be the reason her coach did not want her to have the egg in the morning. I did not mean that it is a diet based only on liquid foods. Dinner and 4 cups of vegetables are the only solid foods we eat, which is quite limited. This may be the reason our coaches dont want us snacking on other protein foods (such as eggs), as they want to minimize any stress on the digestive system. Only my theory, and I can be totally wrong.

Good luck with the rest of your journey!!!
sharonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:28 PM   #59  
Start date 12/27/2010

S/C/G: 316/226/158

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:

That is hilarious! I am bringing cheetos tomorrow!!!
whosinthemirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:46 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 283/241/133

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:

ROFL!! I love it! I think I'll start having 'chocolate chip cookies' and 'cheetos' for my veggies....

I think it's so funny how different people's tastes are. I really like the WF dressings (except ranch - still can't take that one), and the PB is okay with some salt to cut the sweet. Actually spread some on celery the other night, and it wasn't too bad. I can't stand vinegar/EVOO dressings - which lots of people really love - but then I've never been much into savory dressings; I really prefer the sweet. I'm just really glad that there are WF products, because without them I'd be having a MUCH harder time!! I really despise plain yellow mustard, so I can't imagine that on salad, but I think it's great that it works for other people!! That's what I love about IP!! And the support, encouragement, and ideas that are shared here really keep me going.

Congrats to all the NSVs and SVs today!

Sherilyn, SWA Charter Member
Shetaz is offline   Reply With Quote