Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 02:15 PM   #46  
IP START: March 20th 2011

Height: 5'5''

I am on day 4 and I feel AMAZING. I have never liked mornings. Since I can remember, My parents (when I lived at home) and now my fiance had to drag me out of bed. It's not that I stay up late, it was just my unhealthy eating made me have ZERO energy in the mornings. Today I woke up before my fiance and our daughter (this never happens!!!) I would wake up to nurse her (when she was getting up in the night )and then go back to bed, but to get up at 6am on my own is AMAZING. (fiance has literally had to roll the mattress with me in it to get me out of bed before. )

I haven't had this energy in probably 20 years (and I am only 25!) I am now waiting for my daughter to wake up from her nap so I can play! Usually I am napping when she naps.

Hope you are all doing great today!
Old 03-24-2011, 02:33 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 185.6/176.3/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Newbie

Hello Everyone - I am new to the IP Diet (Day 1 today - yeah!), and new to this forum. Very excited to be starting the plan, all of your posts are encouraging. As a self-proclaimed carb addict, I am not looking forward to this initial period of adjustment (I've gone through it before on South Beach), but am confident that I can stick to the plan. Will keep you posted!
Old 03-24-2011, 02:41 PM   #48  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchic View Post
That's where I started - at his Saratoga office. It's a fantastic program and I had wonderful success, as did my husband (I think he holds the record for the most weight lost in 1 week = 12lb!). I'm doing alternative as well after going off for a few months to finish up where I left off!
I started with him in September in Glens Falls....lost 58 pounds by beginning of January and then I just got discouraged and have been using alternative since. Keep up the good work.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:53 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 212/175/140

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp8275 View Post
I live in the same town as Mohegan Sun. My husband is in the Navy and we've been stationed here for about 3 years now. Where are you in Upstate NY? I was raised in Queensbury, in between Saratoga Springs and Lake George. Small world lol. We had a great time in Burlington. I had only been there once before so it was nice to go back. The husband and I are putting it on our list of possible forever homes once he retires from the Navy.
Hi! What boat is he assigned to, or is he on shore duty? My FH is currently on shore duty, as a Sub School instructor. He's due to retire in 2016 (ish) so he will probably go back to a Sub one last time before he gets out.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:06 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I had to "come out" to my cooking club today via email. I am hosting Saturday and I wanted them to know why I won't be eating a lot of the things they bring. Don't get me wrong... we formed using Cooking Light and nothing is heavy or bad. But, it's just not for me right now.

It's good I'm hosting since I cook the main meal. My plan 1) green salad while they have apps, 2) main course is IP friendly and I am making veggies as well. I will skip the sides they bring, 3) pudding for dessert and then coffee.

I am strong. This is not forever.
Good for you for your self-reassurance. It's true, "it's not forever." It's one night, and you're in charge of the food. IP-friendly meals can be very tasty, I'm sure your guests will enjoy what you make (and they'll be eating healthy at the same time!).

Good luck, and have fun!
Old 03-24-2011, 03:11 PM   #51  
Sharon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelbug View Post
First, thank you all for the warm welcome

darbs7 - before you went on vacation, did you slowly go off the program so your body could adjust to eating different foods before you went or what did you do? I ask because I have a 3 week Italy/Greece trip coming up in June where I won't be able to take IP food with me. I'm worried first of all about gaining a lot back over this trip but also, how while my body adjust to suddenly eating foods I haven't eaten in a long time? The latter part of the trip is a cruise, which is easier to control by focussing on proteins and veggies, but the first week is a bus tour and they feed us! Being in Italy...it's guaranteed to be a lot of pasta and wine. I tell myself, it's a trip of a lifetime and I don't want to focus too much on food, I can lose it again when i get home....but at the same time, if there are any tips that would make the transition easier before I go and hopefully maintain rather than gain while I'm gone, they'd be greatly appreciated

Cathy
Hi there.

I am having a similar problem. I am 1-2 weeks away from my goal weight and am starting to think about phasing off. However, I have a birthday in the middle of April and I am going away May 1-30. I would like to go out with my friends one night for a few drinks, as well as have a nice dinner and small piece of cake. I had followed phase 1 almost 100% (a few tiny cheats - example: 3 french fries or a tiny piece of granola bar). If I was on phase 1, I would enjoy my birthday, and then go back to phase 1, but I will be on phase 2 and on phase 3 when I will be away. Is it okay to have a small treat while on phase 2 or 3, or will that put my body in chaos. If it is okay, then do I go on phase 1 the following day and then back to phase 2 or 3?

What to do?

I appreciate any help I can get.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:29 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 301/239/190

Height: 5'9"

Cool week 4

Hi everyone!
This is the most awesome sight and so helpful! I have a question. I have started week 4 and I am really sluggish, almost as bad as the first few days. Has anyone else had this happen? Just wondering if it is normal.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:42 PM   #53  
Started IP 2/15/11

S/C/G: 328/265/180

Height: 5' 9.5"

Good Afternoon. Had a fun day yesterday when i discovered the Asian Market. Where I live there are several nearby. What a fun selection of veggies, and the fish is a lot cheaper than the regular supermarkets. Found Persian Cucumbers, which are the small ones Costco sells in packages. They are so easy to throw in a baggie for take along. Also found Shiritaki Noodles (limited to 2x per week) and Kelp Noodles. Kelp Noodles are crunchy?!?!

Weigh in tomorrow, so wish me luck. I'm down 26 lb/ 23 inches in 4 weeks. I hope to cross a "threshold" number tomorrow.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:09 PM   #54  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 206/167/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddleduck View Post
Hi! What boat is he assigned to, or is he on shore duty? My FH is currently on shore duty, as a Sub School instructor. He's due to retire in 2016 (ish) so he will probably go back to a Sub one last time before he gets out.
He's on the Alex, which is currently being worked on which means that he is actually home for a decent amount of time. Mine will hit 20 years in 2019..I am counting down lol.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:10 PM   #55  

Height: 5'5"

Hi All,

Today is my second day on IP and I'm feeling good about it!...particularly after reading such great, motivating entries.

I was wondering if anyone knows whether you're meant to lose any weight for the first 3 days before ketosis begins?

Probably, I should just avoid my scale altogether and wait for my weigh in, but it's so tempting to keep checking if there's any change (although disconcerting when there's not).
Old 03-24-2011, 04:14 PM   #56  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabearone View Post
Hi everyone!
This is the most awesome sight and so helpful! I have a question. I have started week 4 and I am really sluggish, almost as bad as the first few days. Has anyone else had this happen? Just wondering if it is normal.
Hello and welcome!!! If you start reading all of the posts from today and yesterday, I think you will find your answers. Everyone has been talking about feeling sluggish lately. Must be the weather!!!

I got some of those peanut butter puffs and I tried them last night. They are AMAZING!!!!! I wish the bag was bigger. I was trying to lick the bottom of the bag when I was done.... I saw a post from one of you today (sorry, can't remember who ) and you were hoping the bag will be as big as the Cheese Curls. Sadly, they are not.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:24 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 186/150/130

Height: 5'3" 1/2

I decided to change things up a bit and make a couple of recipes I found on the recipe thread. I made Big Mac in a Bowl and it was awsome. The dill pickle chips really made it taste like a hamburger. My husband even like it. I also made the turnip fries and we (my husband and son included) really liked them. They taste like potatoes...well kinda like potatoes. I bought some new ketchup with low suger (1 carb) for my son and I tasted it and it was really good with the fries...just tried not switching from WF. But I didn't use anything on them because I flavored them with MD table blend and salt so they were pretty flavorful. I also made the turnips with bell pepper and celery. I had the rest of those for lunch today and they tasted better today then last night. I think the next time I will cook some onion seperatly to control the cooking process so I don't cook them to much and add them to the mixture. The turnips are worth a try if you have never had before. I also made some soup....I was on this turnip roll...I don't know if it is on protocol but I used Emirl's natural chicken stock and cooked a chicken breast in it...added greans, cabbage, celery and turnips. It tasted good. I just had a taste but made it for my son who is trying to lose a little weight for baseball.

Mix things up a bit and try a new recipe a couple times a week. It helps with the monotony.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:32 PM   #58  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 206/167/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieA View Post
I decided to change things up a bit and make a couple of recipes I found on the recipe thread. I made Big Mac in a Bowl and it was awsome. The dill pickle chips really made it taste like a hamburger. My husband even like it. I also made the turnip fries and we (my husband and son included) really liked them. They taste like potatoes...well kinda like potatoes. I bought some new ketchup with low suger (1 carb) for my son and I tasted it and it was really good with the fries...just tried not switching from WF. But I didn't use anything on them because I flavored them with MD table blend and salt so they were pretty flavorful. I also made the turnips with bell pepper and celery. I had the rest of those for lunch today and they tasted better today then last night. I think the next time I will cook some onion seperatly to control the cooking process so I don't cook them to much and add them to the mixture. The turnips are worth a try if you have never had before. I also made some soup....I was on this turnip roll...I don't know if it is on protocol but I used Emirl's natural chicken stock and cooked a chicken breast in it...added greans, cabbage, celery and turnips. It tasted good. I just had a taste but made it for my son who is trying to lose a little weight for baseball.

Mix things up a bit and try a new recipe a couple times a week. It helps with the monotony.
Oh my goodness I made turnip fries for the first time the other day and have decided that they are probably my new favorite thing to eat! If you get them to where they are really crispy, and you season them well, they taste like fries with some kick. Loveeeee them!
Old 03-24-2011, 04:37 PM   #59  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp8275 View Post
Oh my goodness I made turnip fries for the first time the other day and have decided that they are probably my new favorite thing to eat! If you get them to where they are really crispy, and you season them well, they taste like fries with some kick. Loveeeee them!
I have tried to get my turnip fries crispy, but failed. How do you get them crispy?
Old 03-24-2011, 04:39 PM   #60  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmisan View Post
Hi All,

Today is my second day on IP and I'm feeling good about it!...particularly after reading such great, motivating entries.

I was wondering if anyone knows whether you're meant to lose any weight for the first 3 days before ketosis begins?

Probably, I should just avoid my scale altogether and wait for my weigh in, but it's so tempting to keep checking if there's any change (although disconcerting when there's not).
Hi-- Welcome! I took my coach's advice and had my husband hide my scale my first week of IP. It is hard at times, but it helps me to focus on the changes in my body, my energy, etc. instead of becoming a 'scale whore'. I don't have anything against scale whores... some of my best (virtual) friends classify themselves as such. I'm just trying to cut down on the 'noise' around this diet. I use my coach's scale as my reference and my body as the real indicator.

Lots of people lose in the first 3 days, lots of people don't. You will find that people's bodies respond very differently to this diet.

Keep with the program. You'll do great!
Closed Thread