Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 10:44 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Thank you! I wish I could get my own yard work done. Seems never ending. We bought our house 2 years ago and 2.5 acres. Seems like all I do this time of year is mow, mow, trim, rake....etc. I enjoy it all and the property has really taken shape from what it was from the previous owners.

Atleast I am in KS where the weather looks like it is starting to stay spring like. CT looks like it is still cold. Hit me up when it warms up...LOL! Doing great yourself, keep at it!
A loss is a loss!! Saw this am that KS will be getting colder over the weekend. That's KS for ya. Have a great day!!
Old 03-24-2011, 10:52 AM   #17  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp8275 View Post
Good morning everyone!
I woke up to a winter wonderland...and I thought winter was over for us folks in coastal CT. Today I am off to do classroom observations (I'm getting my Master's/teaching certification) and am hoping that the kids won't be too antsy since they won't be able to have outdoor recess.
Weigh-in is tomorrow. I think I'm doing better this week than last so hopefully I'll have a good loss to report next week.
Have a happy Thursday!
where are you in CT? My aunt and several cousins live in Groton. My other aunt lives in Meridith (near City). My hubby and I go to Foxwoods and Mohegan quite a bit (too much).

BTW...glad you had fun in Burlington...love it there..grew up in Vermont...lived in Burlington for a year when I was first married (down by the lake in a condo).

Quote:
Good morning all! WI #11 for me today and it was a only 1.0 pound loss. A little be dissapointing but a loss is a loss. I thought I would see more since I had a very active week at our hosue. Tore out 20-30 trees, bunch of old shrubs and bushes, dug a hole 6 ft x 3 ft x 6.5ft deep to fix some leaking points on my foundation wall. Lots of manual labor.

I hope to have a little bit higher number next week. Take care and have a great day. We are all doing so well.

Too much activity and not enough food. When I do extra work...I have a fourth and it keeps the weight loss going.
Give it a shot next time. Keep up the good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Well -1 this week at weigh in..but i'm ok with that...I have 6 lbs left...and its so exciting...Come on Summer I'm ready for you...
Today is exciting..I have carpenters over putting in new counter tops in my bathroom and sinks/facuets...
We bought this lovely house in the Hill Country on an acre..it calm and just right for two people..the deer play in the yard but its older so slowimg i'm changing things...Today I'm going to paint while they work in the bathrooms..
I'm in the kitchen..also I bought a new run for the livingroom I lay it on the tile floor and its warm and inviting...
My nesting juices are flowing today...Have a great Day...

KEEP it going! I am right there with you. I am 8 pounds away from my original goal and I have reset it for 10 pounds lower. But my focus is on the 8 pounds for now and then I have a cheat week for my April break and then I will deal with those last 10. Hope to be on phase three by Memorial Day weekend. I love this diet. It has been wonderful gettting to goal with you. We have mirrored each other's journey so much. I am so excited for us to finish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Just wanted to thank everyone for their compliments on my progress pics. I figured the cat's out of the bag now, still can't believe I've posted pics of myself for the "world to see" (and FULL LENGTH pictures at that) LOL, but, I guess it's all part of the process and I can't wait to look at these pics a few months from now to see just how far I've come....hugely motivating.

Hope everyone has a beautiful, OP day!
Good job and keep up the good work...have fun at the spa.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:52 AM   #18  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandwhite View Post
Hi Juiceman,

My 22 year old son is wanting to do IP with alternative products, and I'm wondering if you'd give me a sample day of what you use. He's a big guy, and obviously he'll need a lot more protein than I'm getting. Also, he's getting ready for university exams, then will be working construction, so he'll need to keep his energy up. (No sitting around the house feeling weak like I did for the first week! .)

Any advice you have is much appreciated! Thanks.

Kelly

Do you mind if I send you a PM with this information later today?
Old 03-24-2011, 10:59 AM   #19  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone. I lurk more than I post and most the time...I just reply to questions.

I want to tell everyone that is in the beginning of this journey how wonderful this diet is. If you feel discouraged please keep going.

If you have a bad day and cheat....it was one moment...don't keep that mindset...be perfect the rest of the day and wake up the next day like it will be a perfect IP day.

I have changed my mindset so much through this journey.

In the beginning I was running and charging for the finish line (sprinting actually). Since I have slowed down some...I have learned a ton about myself and how I can keep this weight off forever. I have had two week long vacations (a cruise and Vegas) and several "going out" nights in the last two months and I did not gain I actually stayed the same.

It hit me that those were not setbacks they were part of the journey. This is not a race...it is a marathon and we have to maintain these new habits forever. We need to learn to live with whatever choices we make and go forward.

With much excitement...I am on my 12th perfect day of IP and now the scale is moving again and I am down an additional 3 pounds and only 8 from my original goal (but I want to lose 10 more after that).

Do this for yourself and stay strong. I have a beautiful 21 year old daughter who sadly had 150 pounds to lose. She started January 1st with her hubby who had 80 to lose. She is down 51 and he is 5 pounds from goal. She is discouraged and I gave her the same information (marathon not race, etc) yesterday.

We are doing this to save our lives to feel better and to live life to the fullest!

Happy IP perfect to everyone!!!
Old 03-24-2011, 11:01 AM   #20  
Kevin Reboot FEB2015

S/C/G: 203/160 Restart: 209/206/155

Height: 5'5"

Just dropping by to say hello. I've been off the site for about a month and have had a few weeks of traveling and cheats. I was fortunate enough though to only maintain and not gain during those 2 weeks. But now I am back on the protocol and continuing on! Since starting IP, I am down approx 33lbs in 9 weeks, -6% Bodyfat! I have about 12 more lbs to go before I reach my goal. Thanks again for being here and offering the much needed advice and troubleshooting.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:05 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Do you mind if I send you a PM with this information later today?
I would love that! I haven't done any pm on this site. Do I need to adjust anything in my settings or will it just show up?
Old 03-24-2011, 11:09 AM   #22  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 206/167/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
where are you in CT? My aunt and several cousins live in Groton. My other aunt lives in Meridith (near City). My hubby and I go to Foxwoods and Mohegan quite a bit (too much).

BTW...glad you had fun in Burlington...love it there..grew up in Vermont...lived in Burlington for a year when I was first married (down by the lake in a condo).
I live in the same town as Mohegan Sun. My husband is in the Navy and we've been stationed here for about 3 years now. Where are you in Upstate NY? I was raised in Queensbury, in between Saratoga Springs and Lake George. Small world lol. We had a great time in Burlington. I had only been there once before so it was nice to go back. The husband and I are putting it on our list of possible forever homes once he retires from the Navy.

Last edited by sp8275; 03-24-2011 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:10 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Good morning everyone. I lurk more than I post and most the time...I just reply to questions.

I want to tell everyone that is in the beginning of this journey how wonderful this diet is. If you feel discouraged please keep going.

If you have a bad day and cheat....it was one moment...don't keep that mindset...be perfect the rest of the day and wake up the next day like it will be a perfect IP day.

I have changed my mindset so much through this journey.

In the beginning I was running and charging for the finish line (sprinting actually). Since I have slowed down some...I have learned a ton about myself and how I can keep this weight off forever. I have had two week long vacations (a cruise and Vegas) and several "going out" nights in the last two months and I did not gain I actually stayed the same.

It hit me that those were not setbacks they were part of the journey. This is not a race...it is a marathon and we have to maintain these new habits forever. We need to learn to live with whatever choices we make and go forward.

With much excitement...I am on my 12th perfect day of IP and now the scale is moving again and I am down an additional 3 pounds and only 8 from my original goal (but I want to lose 10 more after that).

Do this for yourself and stay strong. I have a beautiful 21 year old daughter who sadly had 150 pounds to lose. She started January 1st with her hubby who had 80 to lose. She is down 51 and he is 5 pounds from goal. She is discouraged and I gave her the same information (marathon not race, etc) yesterday.

We are doing this to save our lives to feel better and to live life to the fullest!

Happy IP perfect to everyone!!!
Thank you SO much for your encouragement. It's exactly what I needed to hear, and I feel that I am also "sprinting." I will keep your words in mind though, for when I finally slow down and pace myself in the marathon. In fact, I think I'm going to print your post and hang it on my refrigerator with all my IP stuff!!

Despite how discouraged your daughter feels, WOW that's awesome that she (and her husband) lost so much in less than 3 months!!

Good luck to you and your family, and thanks again!!
Old 03-24-2011, 11:11 AM   #24  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandwhite View Post
I would love that! I haven't done any pm on this site. Do I need to adjust anything in my settings or will it just show up?

It should just show up. I will have to do type it up later today and send it. For me in the top right corner of the screen it says

Welcome, juiceman11
You last visited:
Private Messages:

Just click there or a pop up usually comes up for me when I have a new one.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:17 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 185.6/148/145

Height: 5'9"

MRS D and PETITEANDCUTE....Thank you for straightening me out on the cheat day....however I LOVE breakfast so I am looking forward to that as well...YUM!!!!

Like I said yesterday your advice is always priceless!!!!! Thanks so much!!!
Old 03-24-2011, 11:26 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 152/132/120

Height: 5'2"

Good morning all! I had a friend stop me while i was walking the dogs this AM and tell me that she almost didn't recognize me! What a great feeling. I also learned a good way to sneak in veggies at lunch from my coach. Use the bags of shredded cabbage (for slaw) in your lunch salads. It makes it so crunchy and is easy to do. I don't like to do a bunch of cooking at lunch, so it has worked great for me.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:46 AM   #27  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all,
I keep waking up to more fricking snow... how can it be the end of March and we still have 3 feet of snow on our lawns? Anyway, I hope eveyone has a good day, this will be wi #6 for me and nervous (why not sure) but looking forward to it. It is at the end of my day so hope everything is good. I have set mini goals and broke my first one last week so looking for more.

NSV yesterday, a lady that has been on vacation for (5 weeks) saw me for the first time and the first thing out of her mouth was HOW much weight have you lost. So even though I don't think it is showing other people are noticing so that makes me want to charge on, even though I do know it is a marathon (just like Darbs7 states very nicely) I am finding more time to enjoy my walks with my dogs and I think people kind of wondering why I am smiling... I am happy to finally doing something. Have a great day, and I will report in later tonight.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:00 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
I have set mini goals and broke my first one last week so looking for more.

NSV yesterday, a lady that has been on vacation for (5 weeks) saw me for the first time and the first thing out of her mouth was HOW much weight have you lost. So even though I don't think it is showing other people are noticing so that makes me want to charge on, even though I do know it is a marathon (just like Darbs7 states very nicely) I am finding more time to enjoy my walks with my dogs and I think people kind of wondering why I am smiling... I am happy to finally doing something. Have a great day, and I will report in later tonight.
Congratulations on all accounts!! Very happy for you!
Old 03-24-2011, 12:01 PM   #29  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Height: 5'8"

Default Nsv!!!! The One I've Been Waiting For!!!

I got my first "You are losing weight!" today from a coworker who did not know I was dieting!!! Felt so good and it couldn't have come at a better time. For the past few days I have been feeling a defeated, no cheating or anything but just really tired of it ya know? This comment was like cold water in the face and to know that my weight loss was noticed by someone outside my normal circle was the kick in the butt I needed!! Whoo HOO!!!
Old 03-24-2011, 12:08 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 246(H)/238(IP)/(ticker)/150

I'm nervous today for my WI this evening. I was a bad girl last Sat with a few cheats and have probably allowed too much fat in some of my food choices since then (anybody do mu shu pork without the cornstarch or pancakes?). The scale has not moved down this week...or it has returned down after moving up a bit. *sigh* I was feeling so confident after last week's 5# loss, but now I'm upset for shooting myself in the foot. Funny: this morning I picked out some of my lightest/thinnest clothing to tip the scale (pun intended) in my favor.
Though I'm still resolved to stay in Phase 1 until I get to ONEderland (with no more cheating!), I am afraid of having to explain my failures to my coach tonight. send good (fat burning) thoughts my way for the next few hours.
Closed Thread