Old 03-23-2011, 03:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 182(size16)/143(size 8)/132ish

Height: 5'6 started IP 2/2/11

Default Getting nervous about putting the weight back on

So I wanted to start a thread (hope that's ok, since I never have done that before) and wanted to get your thoughts on..

I'm starting my 8th week, and dumb me, I thought, ok, do this for 10 weeks, be done lose 50 lbs, easy. Well, no, that's not gonna happen. I have had amazing success, but I talked with my coach and I am still going to have to be in Phase 1 for 5 to 6 more weeks or more before I do Phase 2 for 2 weeks and Phase 3 for two weeks.

All is good, that is fine. But.. I started thinking today, what if in Phase 4, I accidently let myself gain this 50 back.

Is anyone else nervous? I have worked so hard without one cheat and I think when I get to that point (end of May or first part of June) I might go hog wild, since I have had to give up everything and anything that used to bring me joy. (well, just kidding, my kids and my husband make me happy.. sometimes :/ )

I am grateful that there are threads I can look at during those other phases.. but is anyone else afraid a little? I know I have changed so many bad habits, and I am starting to see a difference in my face, body, and how I feel.. but I really don't to put it back on and have to do Satan's diet again (well, it's only satanic in the beginning

Any thoughts anyone? I am afraid of the innocent snacking and I don't want to count carbs the rest of my life.

Thanks for letting me vent my thoughts.. I just wonder if anyone else is a little nervous, because trust me, my body really likes to gain weight.. it loves it, and it can't wait for me to be off of this diet. (it told me)
momoffive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:27 PM   #2  
IP start June 11, 2014

Actually, yes I am nervous about putting the weight back on. The last time I lost weight like this, I was taking phen-phen. That was a long time ago, but I lost so much lean body mass while I was losing, it affected my BMR. As you prob know, the more lean body mass you lose, the slower your BMR gets along with other factors contributing to decrased BMR. I gained it all back. I have a scale that gives you bodyfat%, lean body %, water% bone mass and BMI...and maybe a few other things. This past week I lost 6+ lbs. 3 lbs were fat and 3 pounds were lean mass according to my scale. Made me a little nervous so, I am worried about losing too much lean mass and slowing my BMR down, and gaining the weight back. My plans to prevent that are to lift weights and take more amino acids in a couple of weeks after watching the scale to see how much fat vs lean mass I am losing. I am going to keep an eye on it b/c I am not gaining the weight back this time.
kelligirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:31 PM   #3  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

First I have to say GREAT picture! I really CAN see the difference!

I think about this a lot, too. A few years back I had some success on WW and here I am back at the same old thing. This time, for me, something has just clicked that I think is different from the past.

I'm going to change some fundamental things that I didn't change last time. I'm going to continue to eat the salads AND the veggies. It makes sense. I like them, and they can help keep me where I am later down the road.

I'm also not going to fall into the trap of keeping a few pair of 'fat pants' hanging around. They are a license (for me) to let my weight creep up a few pounds here and there. I'm going to try to keep with the 'smaller' clothes so I know when things are starting to change and take 'corrective' action.

Am I convinced that I won't end up in the same place again in 5 years? Not 100%, but as my husband said to me this morning... 'Remember how good you feel about yourself right now when things get hard. This is doing a LOT for you!'

Hang in there. We can totally do this!
Lucky Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:46 PM   #4  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Honestly, I don't think that you will find ANYONE on here that ISN'T afraid of putting it all back on! Remember, you can never go back to your old way of eating or you will. 1 cheat day a week, still WI weekly and keep yourself in check - deal with it when you're only a lb or 2 up and not 10! Remember what you have learned here about how to lose it.
Mrs Diettrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:54 PM   #5  
Start date 12/27/2010

S/C/G: 316/226/158

Height: 5' 5"

I think Mrs. D nailed it. We are probably all afraid it will come back. Why wouldn't we be. It always has in the past. It is a part of the human condition that having the same consequence so many times, you come to expect it. The difference this time I hope is that something has clicked. To see the weight coming off so quickly is amazing. That has never happened before so perhaps that cycle is broken and I can expect different results. In the past, it always felt like an uphill battle so why bother. Or I would start a diet and then get halfway there only to give up, get distracted, plateau etc. I think that the ability to get to a truly healthy weight without torturing myself for the first time in my life is something so motivating that I will never want to be where I was again. And knowing the secret, or having the tools, to stop the weight gain in its tracks if it does start coming back on is so powerful. To know that if those 5 pounds creep back on, I know how to fix it. I am just now at the point where I truly believe I will be able to get all of the excess weight off, but I struggle with worrying about it coming back on. In fact I struggle with it daily. If I haven't weighed for a few days, I find myself thinking that I probably won't lose this week and wondering if I will actually gain. I get nervous about actually getting on the scale. This has been a lifelong battle for me and for many of us. It is deeply embedded in our psyches (sp?) and those negative thoughts, feelings, emotions, self doubts are going to be tough to get rid of. But, the scale has shown us week to week that it is possible and we can do it and it will work. The rest will come in time.
whosinthemirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 182(size16)/143(size 8)/132ish

Height: 5'6 started IP 2/2/11

Thanks you guys. I needed to read all of your wonderful posts tonight. I will never go back to my old ways, and if I keep it in check, the 50 lbs won't come back. Thanks again. (but, im really sick of veggies, just sayin)
momoffive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
First I have to say GREAT picture! I really CAN see the difference!

I think about this a lot, too. A few years back I had some success on WW and here I am back at the same old thing. This time, for me, something has just clicked that I think is different from the past.

I'm going to change some fundamental things that I didn't change last time. I'm going to continue to eat the salads AND the veggies. It makes sense. I like them, and they can help keep me where I am later down the road.

I'm also not going to fall into the trap of keeping a few pair of 'fat pants' hanging around. They are a license (for me) to let my weight creep up a few pounds here and there. I'm going to try to keep with the 'smaller' clothes so I know when things are starting to change and take 'corrective' action.

Am I convinced that I won't end up in the same place again in 5 years? Not 100%, but as my husband said to me this morning... 'Remember how good you feel about yourself right now when things get hard. This is doing a LOT for you!'

Hang in there. We can totally do this!
GOOD IDEA about not keeping any 'fat' clothes around. I did the 'cleanse' from my drawers and closet about a month ago. OMG there were so many inbetween sizes, that yes,in my mind, was kind of like an insurance there would always be something to wear if i gained a couple of pounds. So I finally decided to donate all those big girl clothes....... now, if i gain i will have to go BUY plus sizes again and I REALLY DO NOT want to do that.... that is my incentive
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:54 AM   #8  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

I do not really worry too much about putting it on. I look at it this way....

No need to worry myself sick about putting the weight back on. I have learned better eating habits, I know how to attempt to maintain it and I know how to take it off if I do put some back on. I also plan in a week or two to start lifting weights again and gain more lean muscle mass. The more lean muscle you have, the more you burn calories, carbs, fat...etc.

I would say don't stress out over the impending possibility of some weight gain, not good for any of us. We all know now how to take it off and try to keep it off. Sure we have to change our eating habits, but think about it, we already have. Stressing out about something that has not happened yet or even will happen will do us no good. Enjoy what we have done and accomplished.

Change some other things too.....join a gym, start taking daily walks, jog, bike. Get out and show off the new us, most of all get out and enjoy the new you.

We will all do great!
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote