Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 06:52 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Tuesday, 22 March 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Daily Chat - Monday, 21 March 2011
Old 03-22-2011, 07:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning everyone...I have 7 lbs left...and I'm so ready...all you newbies..its an amazing journey...its also about self discovery..look forward to losing your weight because with this program its totallly possible and so
very exciting.
We've got to move it move it move it

Old 03-22-2011, 08:22 AM   #3  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 206/167/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Good Morning everyone...I have 7 lbs left...and I'm so ready...all you newbies..its an amazing journey...its also about self discovery..look forward to losing your weight because with this program its totallly possible and so
very exciting.

That's awesome! Keep going

I'm on Spring Break from grad school this week so I'm trying to do a little homework in between doing NOTHING I love being on break. I wanted to start weight training but am sort of afraid of any physical activity since I find myself getting tired just from walking around for long periods of time. Anyone here do any exercising with this program?
Old 03-22-2011, 08:51 AM   #4  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Hi juiceman, could you tell me exactly what alternative products you are using please? My husband is now doing this and his job is very physical and I'm thinking he could use more protein, not to mention the double hit financially w/ both of us doing this. He has lost 14 lbs in his 1st two weeks and only has 16 to go to goal, but I will be here for a long time. Anything you can share will be appreciated. Thank you
If you do not mind, I will send you a PM with the information.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:55 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Good morning everyone!

This is my first day of week 2 and I'm feeling good! So happy I toughed it out last week!

Today, I am debating about whether I should go back to the gym or not. Of course, my coach told me not to work out at for all of last week (my week 1 on IP). At my WI yesterday, she told me that I could resume exercising this week if I want to. I had been exercising at least 3 days a week prior to starting IP, which is why they say it is okay for me to go back to it. However, I feel that I am losing weight so well right now that I don't want to do anything to sabotage that. I usually do a circuit-type workout (Swann Gym, which is similar to Curves) or cardio on the treadmill (combination of running and walking, sometimes intervals).

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Do you think I should workout today or wait another week or so? ...or until the weight loss slows down?

Quote:
very exciting.

Way to go!!!

I agree about the journey... I have learned so much in just a week and I am looking forward to learning more as time goes on.

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 03-22-2011 at 09:38 AM.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I can't comment on the impact of exercising except I have been following ip for 2 weeks and see a real difference in the mirror and the scale....

I work out 6 days a week for approx. An hour-weights, spin, circuit training. Fairly high intensity.

I was not willing to give up this routine for a diet, but I have been more tired than usual!

I dont think starting a new exercise routine would be easy in phase 1. I would do what your coach says.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:35 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

I work out 6 days a week at SWANN wich is like curves, but I dont over do it. A few times I tried to stay longer to do just some bike, and they next day I had no energy at all. So just the 30 min training and not forcing to hard. I found the first two weeks I couldnt really work out hard, didnt have the reserve force.

Coach told me to exercise. She said it would help my skin and body be tonned as I loose.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:11 AM   #8  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all, it is a fine snowy day here in Edmonton, the roads are so bad, I think this is the worst I saw it all winter, 2 semis in the ditch and a bunch of cars...
Life is good so far on IP, looking forward to losing, like Judogirl says. I take each day as it comes and am happy at the end of the week when it is wi time and I have lost something, anything... Have a great day, close to year end so am busier then usual at work so off I go.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:12 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

I started the IP diet on Sunday, which would make this the 3rd day for me, and I'm just ecstatic because this diet seems to be exactly what I need. I possibly have Hashimoto's disease (at least, I have an underactive thyroid) and have been struggling in vain to lose the 50 pounds I gained in 3 months time, 2 years ago (plus the 10 I gained on top of that).

I've been having really bad headaches yesterday and today that neither Ibuprofen or Excedrin help, I'm hungry, and tired. And I shouldn't be complaining, I see how far many of you have come! Anyway, I read and have been told to make sure I'm maintaining a good amount of salt, and that these feelings are gone by the 4th day. That means tomorrow! Yay!

It's amazing: before IP, though I was counting calories, I wasn't balancing my carbs and protein as well as I thought. My doctor and his whole staff have lost over 20 pounds (up to 40 pounds) in 3 months, so I'm really positive and excited. I didn't think I'd ever be able to lose weight!
Old 03-22-2011, 10:23 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post
I started the IP diet on Sunday, which would make this the 3rd day for me, and I'm just ecstatic because this diet seems to be exactly what I need. I possibly have Hashimoto's disease (at least, I have an underactive thyroid) and have been struggling in vain to lose the 50 pounds I gained in 3 months time, 2 years ago (plus the 10 I gained on top of that).

I've been having really bad headaches yesterday and today that neither Ibuprofen or Excedrin help, I'm hungry, and tired. And I shouldn't be complaining, I see how far many of you have come! Anyway, I read and have been told to make sure I'm maintaining a good amount of salt, and that these feelings are gone by the 4th day. That means tomorrow! Yay!

It's amazing: before IP, though I was counting calories, I wasn't balancing my carbs and protein as well as I thought. My doctor and his whole staff have lost over 20 pounds (up to 40 pounds) in 3 months, so I'm really positive and excited. I didn't think I'd ever be able to lose weight!
Yay for you for getting this far! Hang in there... I am on day 8 and doing great! The first three days were the worst for me and then it got much much better. I have been taking an extra potassium (total of 2 potassium) and it helped me a lot! I also used the extra salt in the beginning and extra strength Tylenol. They also say to make sure that you are getting all of your water so that you don't get dehydrated. I also love different types of tea and herbal teas.

I know what you mean about the Thyroid issues and not losing weight. I have an underactive Thyroid as well and have been on Synthroid for years. After struggling for years (exercising, counting calories, working with a Dietician/Nutritionist), I had convinced myself that I would never reach a healthy weight again and now, I am so excited that it seems possible that I might do it by summer (or even sooner) if I can keep at it!

Talk to your coach about the hunger, if you can. He/She may have some solutions to offer. My coach told me not to be hungry and advised me on what to have if I felt hungry (hard boiled egg whites, sliced cooked ham, dill pickles, extra celery and veggies) but it is different depending on your coach.

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 03-22-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:39 AM   #11  

S/C/G: Weight loss goal 60 pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post

Welcome! you are right it is worth it and you will see results. Just keep in mind not everyone feels better on the 4th day. Its different for everyone (its roughly the 4th day for most people). I didn't feel better until almost day 7 but I was also suffering from some serious candida overgrowth (yeast which feeds off sugar!) and a major carb addiction. But don't be upset if it takes you longer to feel better but it will happen!
Old 03-22-2011, 11:09 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Adrean: Thanks so much for the heads up! And sorry to hear that you had to fight other things as well!

And speaking of carb addiction, I had the funniest craving last night when I went to bed: pizza crust. Who craves pizza crust?! I think my taste buds were saying, "Give me bread! Anything, even pizza crust!" But my brain just heard "pizza crust." Haha.

SusieB: I've been adding soy sauce to some of my meals in the hopes that the salt will curb my headaches. I think it has to do more with the hunger, as I've always gotten headaches when I was hungry (I think I was on the brink of being insulin-resistant). It's not as bad today though, which is a good sign! I'll take your advice, and talk to my coach about it when I see her on Saturday.

On another note, I can't wait for my first weigh-in!! If it's down even 2 pounds, I'll be so happy. I'm kind of afraid that I'm getting my hopes up too much!

Everyone's so supportive and friendly on here, I can't believe how much help I've already gotten just from joining yesterday. I should've joined 2 years ago!!
Old 03-22-2011, 12:41 PM   #13  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

I dreamt about cheese last night... all kinds of cheese... That is the part of the dream I was focusing on, but the rest of the dream was about being in Paris. That part was nice. Have a great day everyone! Keep up the great work.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:42 PM   #14  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
very exciting.

So excited for you.....I broke my plateau (7 week plateau) and I am officially down 67 pounds so I have 9 more to go until my original goal, but I am thinking I will go five below that for a cushion. I am taking this weekend off (because I thought I would be done by now) going to the Finger Lakes for a wine weekend. Then back on for 3 weeks until New Hope, PA and Atlantic City and then I am going straight through until goal. I hope to be starting phase 3 by the end of May....wheewwww I am ready to be done. But as you said, I have learned a ton about myself and my body during this journey and taking it slower here on the back end has made it more realistic for my whole life. I will admit the first 50 that flew off in a couple months was a great motivator. Keep up the good work. WE GOT THIS!!!!
Old 03-22-2011, 12:49 PM   #15  
started IP: Jan 24th 2011

S/C/G: 195/173/125

Height: 5'2"

Bonjour! / Hello!

Hope your Tuesday is going well.

I am so happy to come on here and read about everyone's experience through the IP journey. It is always so encouraging.
Some of us are just starting out, some of us are mid-point, and others are almost or past goal!
I just want to thank you all and congratulate you all, no matter where you find yourself in this journey.

WE CAN DO THIS!!

Quote:
And speaking of carb addiction, I had the funniest craving last night when I went to bed: pizza crust. Who craves pizza crust?! I think my taste buds were saying, "Give me bread! Anything, even pizza crust!" But my brain just heard "pizza crust." Haha.
Treena - BREAD drives me insane!!! I miss it so much!
I can't even to do my grocery shopping where I used to, cause it smells like fresh baked bread! lol
mmmmm pizza crust seems pretty yummy as well...
I feel your pain, it is my cross to bear, as well...
Closed Thread