3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Phase 3 Breakfast Ideas

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2012, 12:07 PM   #46
Junior Member
 
michaeldmcmillin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Laurel, Montana
Posts: 4

S/C/G: 250 / 193.4 / 200

Height: 5' 11"

Unhappy Confused - P3

So, I have been reading through the threads on IP. Thank goodness for 3FC. My coach does not offer a lot of information.

Yesterday, I started Phase 3, and read the Phase 3 threads over the weekend (again, thank goodness). I was prepared with groceries after reading the P3 recipes.

After logging my meal on myfitnesspal.com this a.m. I realized I fell short. Maybe someone can offer a suggestion:

Granola - Vanilla Almond Crunch (Bear Naked Fit), 30 g (1/4c)
Calories/Carbs/Fat/Protein -- 120/22/3/4
Chobani Greek Yogurt - 0% Plain Non-Fat 32 oz, 4 oz (113.5g)
Calories/Carbs/Fat/Protein -- 70/5/0/12
Raspberries - Raw, 10 raspberries
Calories/Carbs/Fat/Protein -- 10/2/0/0
Yves - Meatless Breakfast Sausage Patties, 2 patties (57g)
Calories/Carbs/Fat/Protein -- 80/4/2/11

Totals:
Calories/Carbs/Fat/Protein -- 280/33/5/27

I know, from the threads, that we are supposed to be at 400-500 cals, <30carbs of grains, minimum of 25g of protein, <20 carbs of fruit, <15g of fat, and <15g of dairy (<120 cals).

Calories/Carbs/Fat/Protein -- 400-500/ <50 / <15 / 25 compared to:
Calories/Carbs/Fat/Protein -- 280/33/5/27

So, I need to make up my cals somewhere. Maybe if I double my fruit intake, and double my protein (without raising the fat over 15g), I can make it up? I am confused...

Last edited by michaeldmcmillin : 08-07-2012 at 12:10 PM. Reason: subscribed
michaeldmcmillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:44 PM   #47
IP: 2/28/12-9/1/12
 
LizRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 2,120

S/C/G: 214/165 (post-partum)/145

Height: 5'6"/39yo

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldmcmillin View Post
After logging my meal on myfitnesspal.com this a.m. I realized I fell short. Maybe someone can offer a suggestion:

Granola - Vanilla Almond Crunch (Bear Naked Fit), 30 g (1/4c)
Calories/Carbs/Fat/Protein -- 120/22/3/4
Chobani Greek Yogurt - 0% Plain Non-Fat 32 oz, 4 oz (113.5g)
Calories/Carbs/Fat/Protein -- 70/5/0/12
Raspberries - Raw, 10 raspberries
Calories/Carbs/Fat/Protein -- 10/2/0/0
Yves - Meatless Breakfast Sausage Patties, 2 patties (57g)
Calories/Carbs/Fat/Protein -- 80/4/2/11

Totals:
Calories/Carbs/Fat/Protein -- 280/33/5/27

I know, from the threads, that we are supposed to be at 400-500 cals, <30carbs of grains, minimum of 25g of protein, <20 carbs of fruit, <15g of fat, and <15g of dairy (<120 cals).

Calories/Carbs/Fat/Protein -- 400-500/ <50 / <15 / 25 compared to:
Calories/Carbs/Fat/Protein -- 280/33/5/27

So, I need to make up my cals somewhere. Maybe if I double my fruit intake, and double my protein (without raising the fat over 15g), I can make it up? I am confused...
Well, I am in my first week of Phase 2, but am OBSESSING over my Phase 3 breakfasts and did a mini-breakdown

Protein: Looks low in whole protein and ~1/2 a serving, even though the yogurt makes up for it
Grain: This looks like a perfect serving
Fruit: This looks like 1/6 the recommended serving
Dairy: This looks like a good serving, maybe on the low side
TOTAL: Low in calories, low in carbs (particularly simple carbs from fruit), barely make protein

If you doubled your protein and (at least) quadrupled your fruit you would be a lot closer:
Calories: 280 -> 390
Carbs: 33 -> 43
Protein: 27 -> 38
Fat: 5 -> 7
__________________

Started Ideal Protein - Phase 1: 2/28/2012, Phase 4: 9/1/2012
#1:-9lb,-1.19%; # 7:-3lb,-0.55%; *13:-5lb,-0.76%; #18:-2lb,-0.87%; Start Phase2! Start Phase 3!
#2:-6lb,-1.01%; # 8:-3lb,-0.60%; #14:-2lb,-0.48%; #19:-3lb,-0.53%; #1:-0,-0.00%; #1:+1.4lb,+0.82%
*4:-6lb,-0.95%; # 9:-4lb,-0.69%; #15:-.4lb,-0.1%; *21:-3lb,-1.40%; #2:-0,-1.10%; #2:-1.0lb,-0.33%
#5:-5lb,-0.79%; #10:-2lb,-0.50%; #16:-4lb,-0.98%; #22:-5lb,-1.41%
#6:-3lb,-0.57%; #11:-4lb,-0.76%; #17:-2lb,-3.70%; *on travel WI#3,12,20


Last edited by LizRR : 08-07-2012 at 02:45 PM.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #48
Junior Member
 
michaeldmcmillin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Laurel, Montana
Posts: 4

S/C/G: 250 / 193.4 / 200

Height: 5' 11"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Well, I am in my first week of Phase 2, but am OBSESSING over my Phase 3 breakfasts and did a mini-breakdown

Protein: Looks low in whole protein and ~1/2 a serving, even though the yogurt makes up for it
Grain: This looks like a perfect serving
Fruit: This looks like 1/6 the recommended serving
Dairy: This looks like a good serving, maybe on the low side
TOTAL: Low in calories, low in carbs (particularly simple carbs from fruit), barely make protein

If you doubled your protein and (at least) quadrupled your fruit you would be a lot closer:
Calories: 280 -> 390
Carbs: 33 -> 43
Protein: 27 -> 38
Fat: 5 -> 7
Awesome! Thanks for your help. I figured that doubling the protein would help, and considered a lot more fruit - it just seemed like so much to consume, I was afraid of going over in carbs. Thanks again!
michaeldmcmillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:38 PM   #49
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: above 6000'
Posts: 351

S/C/G: 124.2/117.8/120 %BF27.1/24.5/?

Height: 5'4"

Default

LizRR suggestions are awesome.
I am going to have her come cook her P3 breakfast ideas for me, even if I have to fly her family here ; )

You can also add something like peanutbutter.
1 tablespoon of the Sunland natural brand at costco is 100 calories, 3.5 carbs, 2 protein and 8g of fat.
This is what my coach suggested when I kept coming out below 400.

Here is a similar breakfast that comes out as 423 calories, 49.5 carbs, 37.3 protein and 10.5 fats. It seems HUGE and will take you a half hour to eat the first few times.

1/2 cup uncooked oatmeal (and yes, I cook it with water)
1 cup fresh strawberries
1 tablespoon peanutbutter
1 cup Fage 0% Fat yogurt

The first day I did this I added one whole egg and not the peanutbutter.

Do you make other vegetarian selections for Lunch & Dinner? That is why I dropped the egg at breakfast. Eating soy protein at both meals got to be too much.
infoplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:57 PM   #50
Junior Member
 
michaeldmcmillin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Laurel, Montana
Posts: 4

S/C/G: 250 / 193.4 / 200

Height: 5' 11"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by infoplease View Post
LizRR suggestions are awesome.
I am going to have her come cook her P3 breakfast ideas for me, even if I have to fly her family here ; )

You can also add something like peanutbutter.
1 tablespoon of the Sunland natural brand at costco is 100 calories, 3.5 carbs, 2 protein and 8g of fat.
This is what my coach suggested when I kept coming out below 400.

Here is a similar breakfast that comes out as 423 calories, 49.5 carbs, 37.3 protein and 10.5 fats. It seems HUGE and will take you a half hour to eat the first few times.

1/2 cup uncooked oatmeal (and yes, I cook it with water)
1 cup fresh strawberries
1 tablespoon peanutbutter
1 cup Fage 0% Fat yogurt

The first day I did this I added one whole egg and not the peanutbutter.

Do you make other vegetarian selections for Lunch & Dinner? That is why I dropped the egg at breakfast. Eating soy protein at both meals got to be too much.
Thanks for the PB suggestion! I have troubles with PB, after my military experience. The MRE's that we used to eat, contained a solid state, paste like peanut butter that would suck any moisture a person had left in their mouth right out. I will give it a try though. That sounds like a HUGE, but scrumptious, breakfast! I will have to give it a try when I get some oatmeal.

After my experience with Yves meatless breakfast patties this a.m., I will be staying away from vegetarian "meats". I have never tasted anything more icky in my life. I would take the IP Soy packet over that, and I almost lost my "lunch" over the IP Soy packet.

I think that I will sub turkey bacon and turkey ham in the a.m.'s.
michaeldmcmillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:24 AM   #51
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: above 6000'
Posts: 351

S/C/G: 124.2/117.8/120 %BF27.1/24.5/?

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldmcmillin View Post
Thanks for the PB suggestion! I have troubles with PB, after my military experience. The MRE's that we used to eat, contained a solid state, paste like peanut butter that would suck any moisture a person had left in their mouth right out. I will give it a try though. That sounds like a HUGE, but scrumptious, breakfast! I will have to give it a try when I get some oatmeal.

After my experience with Yves meatless breakfast patties this a.m., I will be staying away from vegetarian "meats". I have never tasted anything more icky in my life. I would take the IP Soy packet over that, and I almost lost my "lunch" over the IP Soy packet.

I think that I will sub turkey bacon and turkey ham in the a.m.'s.
You can try almond or cashew butter, too. Or even actual BUTTER!
I really like the Morningstar Hot n Spicy Sausage Patties. They are found in the freezer case. Not sure I can handle them for breakfast.

I didn't have peanutbutter or peanutbutter containing IP product for 9 months. I didn't crave it or anything. But real peanutbutter tastes just right NOW, and 1 tablespoon is plenty.

You can have actual bacon and actual ham, too. There was a sample menu I received that included ham, beans and rice as a breakfast suggestion.

I figure I have all of Phase 4 to start really mixing up the breakfasts.

Did you have any trouble with the granola? I know that one has honey and some sweeteners in it, so I didn't select it just yet.
infoplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:35 AM   #52
Junior Member
 
michaeldmcmillin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Laurel, Montana
Posts: 4

S/C/G: 250 / 193.4 / 200

Height: 5' 11"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by infoplease View Post
You can try almond or cashew butter, too. Or even actual BUTTER!
I really like the Morningstar Hot n Spicy Sausage Patties. They are found in the freezer case. Not sure I can handle them for breakfast.

I didn't have peanutbutter or peanutbutter containing IP product for 9 months. I didn't crave it or anything. But real peanutbutter tastes just right NOW, and 1 tablespoon is plenty.

You can have actual bacon and actual ham, too. There was a sample menu I received that included ham, beans and rice as a breakfast suggestion.

I figure I have all of Phase 4 to start really mixing up the breakfasts.

Did you have any trouble with the granola? I know that one has honey and some sweeteners in it, so I didn't select it just yet.
I will have to look out for the Morningstar brand. I was digging around in the forums today, and found several info sheets that others had posted. Amazing, the difference in what we all receive from our coaches. Without the forum, I would be lost. I am cautious to add actual bacon and ham just yet, as I would like to stick with low fat items for the rest of my life (not get hooked on the delicious taste of real bacon again!).

I didn't have any trouble with the granola (at least that I know of). It tastes AMAZING, and only 4g of sweeteners. I noticed the "Fit" type at a different store, after I had bought the vanilla/almond. I want to try the fit next, as I didn't really need the extra sweet in the a.m. anyhow.
michaeldmcmillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:52 AM   #53
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: above 6000'
Posts: 351

S/C/G: 124.2/117.8/120 %BF27.1/24.5/?

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldmcmillin View Post
I will have to look out for the Morningstar brand. I was digging around in the forums today, and found several info sheets that others had posted. Amazing, the difference in what we all receive from our coaches. Without the forum, I would be lost. I am cautious to add actual bacon and ham just yet, as I would like to stick with low fat items for the rest of my life (not get hooked on the delicious taste of real bacon again!).

I didn't have any trouble with the granola (at least that I know of). It tastes AMAZING, and only 4g of sweeteners. I noticed the "Fit" type at a different store, after I had bought the vanilla/almond. I want to try the fit next, as I didn't really need the extra sweet in the a.m. anyhow.
The stuff we have around the house is one of the "peak" ones. It has extra protein in it (from soy) and 6g of sugar so I was hesitant, but it was really because I didn't want even more soy. I saw the many different permutations of the Bare Naked brand but all had honey so I just wasn't sure. Looked like most of the granolas I found had honey or organic cane sugar. I suspect at 1/4 cup it won't hurt.

I also tried some Udi's superseeded bread. It also had that sweet taste, so I hope the family finishes off the TWO loaves I bought at Costco. I'm going to find a bread without so much sweet; the oatmeal feels better than bread for now (hope I remember that in Phase 4 when I go to restaurants).

Do you plan to repeat the foods from today on Wednesday or are you going to switch it up each day?
infoplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:43 AM   #54
Senior Member
 
NOVAScents's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 324

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Default

I'll give you some of my favorite breakfasts: carb/protein/fat/calories
1 Costco Round Flats (They are the sandwich rounds) 15/4/1.5/100
1/2C Egg Whites (Also Costco Brand) 1.5/12/0/60
1 Jimmy Dean Sausage Patty 0/6.5/3.5/60
The Above made into an egg Sandwhich
1/2C Canned Peaches (Costco) 16/0/0/70
1 C Sliced Strawberries 8.7/1/.5/49
1/2C Cottage Cheese

TOTAL 46.2/33.5/9/429 (and its so much food I'm STUFFED!)

Sometimes I switch the meat for:
Canadian Bacon (Costco), which for 4 slices is 1/10/1/60
Bacon, Smithfield, 2 slices, 0/5/6/80

Instead of cottage cheese I will also use:
Dannon Light and Fit, 1C 21/7/0/110
Greek Yogurt (Costco), 1/2 C, 5/12/0/70

Fruit:
1C Blueberries 21.4/1.1/0/84.4
1 Orange 12.9/1.4/.1/64
1 C Raspberries 6/1.2/.6/60

You can also make it into a Burrito with:
Costco's Whole Grain High Fiber Tortillas, 1 Tortilla, 6/8/3.5/100

Planning is the key. I spent HOURS making different menus, but have found its easier to just wake up and decide what I want. I've been eating lots of the breakfast sandwiches because its just so simple- toast the bread and make the eggs! I per-slice all my fruit so I just have to measure it.
__________________
NOVAScents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #55
Senior Member
 
Stefany1769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: North Pole, Alaska
Posts: 257

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Default

Here is my Phase 3 breakfast that I have been using. I didnt want to overwhelm myself with a lot of different breakfasts in Phase 3, I figure I will have a LOT of time in maintenance to expirement.

The only variation I have done is with the fruit, sometimes I have apple and others cantalope.

Oroweat Healthful 10 grain bread: 2slices, 22carb, 10 g protien, 2 g fat, 160cal
Apple: 1 cup, 14 carb, 0 protien, 0 fat, 65 cal
Egg: 1 lrg, 0 carb, 6 protien, 1.5 fat, 50cal
Lite string cheese: 1oz, 1carb, 8 protien, 2.5 fat, 60 cal
Fred Meyer Carbmaster Yogurt: 6oz, 4carb, 8protien, 1.5fat, 60 cal
I.C.B.I.N.B. 1.5Tbsp, 0carb, 0 protien, 7.5 fat, 67.5 cal

Totals: 40 carbs, 32 protien, 15 fat, 462.5 cal

The values for the cantalope are:
Cantalope 1cup, 14 carb, 1 protien, 0 fat, 60 cal
Totals w/cantalope: 41 carb, 33 protien, 15 fat, 457.5 cal

I was pretty surprised that I have lost weight on Phase 3 and not gained.

I am looking forward to trying some of the yummy breakfast combinations I have see on here!!!
I want to find a good recipe for Phase 3 pancakes.
__________________

The first 22lbs were on my own, no IP, just will power.
IP Start date 4/20/12
Phase 2 Start date 7/14/12
Phase 3 Start date 7/29/12
Stefany1769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:14 PM   #56
IP: 2/28/12-9/1/12
 
LizRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 2,120

S/C/G: 214/165 (post-partum)/145

Height: 5'6"/39yo

Default Peachy Bread Pudding

Ingredients:
2 slices Bread, cubed
1 Peach, chopped
2 Whole Eggs
4oz AllWhites Egg Whites
1/2 cup Nonfat Evaporated Milk
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
2 packets Sweetener (Splenda/Stevia)

Directions:
1. Whisk together the Eggs, Egg Whites, Cinnamon, Vanilla, Sweeteners, and Evaporated Milk until everything is incorporated.
2. Spread out the Bread in a casserole dish, toss with chopped Peach evenly, then pour the custard mixture on top.
3. Soak for at least 30 minutes-overnight (for shorter soaking, periodically mix to ensure the bread gets evenly soaked).
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
5. Bake for ~45 minutes or until puffy and golden on top.

Phase 3 Nutritional Information:

Product_____________________Serving____Fat_______C arb______Protein____Cal

Protein-------------------------------------------------------------------
Large Eggs..................2 eggs... 10.0g ..... 0.0g..... 12.0g..... 140
AllWhites Egg Whites........4 oz...... 0.0g ..... 0.0g..... 13.3g...... 67

Grain------------------------------------------- <30g --------------------
Natures Own 9-Grain Bread...2 slices.. 1.5g ..... 18.0g..... 5.0g...... 80

Fruit------------------------------------------- <20g --------------------
Peach.......................1 large... 0.4g ..... 12.6g..... 1.4g...... 61

Dairy------------------------------------------- <15g --------------- <120
Nonfat Evaporated Milk......4oz....... 0.2g ..... 14.5g..... 9.6g..... 100

TOTAL________________________________ <15.0g _____________ >25.0g___400-500
...................................... 12.1g .... 45.1g.... 41.3g .... 448


Recipe Notes:
*This turned out AWESOME! I take about 45 minutes to get ready in the morning, so it was great to have this ready to eat before I left for work. It is also a good 'make ahead' if you want to make a large 2x-5x batch for the week.
*You can bake this in a water bath if you choose to prevent the edges from getting 'crusty', I didn't and it still turned out great,
__________________

Started Ideal Protein - Phase 1: 2/28/2012, Phase 4: 9/1/2012
#1:-9lb,-1.19%; # 7:-3lb,-0.55%; *13:-5lb,-0.76%; #18:-2lb,-0.87%; Start Phase2! Start Phase 3!
#2:-6lb,-1.01%; # 8:-3lb,-0.60%; #14:-2lb,-0.48%; #19:-3lb,-0.53%; #1:-0,-0.00%; #1:+1.4lb,+0.82%
*4:-6lb,-0.95%; # 9:-4lb,-0.69%; #15:-.4lb,-0.1%; *21:-3lb,-1.40%; #2:-0,-1.10%; #2:-1.0lb,-0.33%
#5:-5lb,-0.79%; #10:-2lb,-0.50%; #16:-4lb,-0.98%; #22:-5lb,-1.41%
#6:-3lb,-0.57%; #11:-4lb,-0.76%; #17:-2lb,-3.70%; *on travel WI#3,12,20


Last edited by LizRR : 08-24-2012 at 06:55 PM.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:30 AM   #57
IP: 2/28/12-9/1/12
 
LizRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 2,120

S/C/G: 214/165 (post-partum)/145

Height: 5'6"/39yo

Default Pumpkin Pie

Ingredients
Crust:
2 Sheets Graham Crackers
1oz Nonfat Yogurt

Filling:
1 Egg
4 oz AllWhites Egg Whites
1/4 packet Knox Unflavored Gelatin
6 oz canned Pumpkin
1/3 cup Lowfat Ricotta Cheese
1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
3 tbsp Brown Sugar No-Calorie Sweetener

Directions:
Make Crust:
1. In mixing bowl, add Egg Whites only
2. In pie pan, crush Graham Cracker sheets into crumbs and mix with 1 oz Nonfat Yogurt.
3. Press evenly in the bottom of the pan. Tip: use the back of a wet spoon to assist in spreading the crust
3. Bake crust at 350 degrees ~7 minutes
4. Brush inside of crust lightly with Egg White.
5. Bake crust at 350 degrees an additional ~7 minutes. This creates a 'waterproof' coating to keep your crust from getting too soggy.

Make Filling:
1. In mixing bowl, sprinkle in Gelatin to the Egg Whites and allow to dissolve/stir with fork ~1 minute. You want to make sure the gelatin gets correctly incorporated into the rest of the ingredients by dissolving in liquid first.
2. To the Gelatin & Egg Whites - add remaining ingredients (Pumpkin, Ricotta, Egg, Sweetener, Pumpkin Pie Spice, and Vanilla) and blend thoroughly together. I used my immersion blender - but a food processor or blender works just as well - just make sure to pulverize out the Ricotta curds into your custard and get ingredients mixed well.
3. Pour filling into crust and bake at 350 degrees for ~45 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
4. Allow to chill/set in the fridge before serving.

Phase 3 Nutritional Information:

Product_____________________Serving____Fat_______C arb______Protein____Cal

Protein-------------------------------------------------------------------
Egg Whites..................4 oz....... 0g ....... 0g ..... 13.3g ..... 67
Whole Eggs..................1 large.... 5g ....... 0g ...... 6g ....... 70
Knox Gelatin powder.........1 packet... 0g ....... 0g ...... 6g ....... 20

Grain------------------------------------------- <30g --------------------
Honey Maid Graham Crackers..2 sheets... 3.5g .... 23.0Ng ... 2.0g .... 130

Fruit------------------------------------------- <20g --------------------
Canned Pumpkin..............6 oz....... 0.0g .... 13.3g .... 3g ....... 60

Dairy------------------------------------------- <15g --------------- <120
Lowfat Ricotta Cheese.......1/3 cup.... 3.3g ..... 4.0g .... 6.7g ..... 80
Nonfat Greek Yogurt.........1 oz....... 0.0g ..... 2.0g .... 1.3g ..... 15

TOTAL________________________________ <15.0g _____________ >25.0g___400-500
...................................... 11.8g .... 42.3g ... 38.3g .... 442


Recipe Notes:
*I made 3 servings for me, dad, & hubs and it was ENORMOUS and was in danger of overspill, it made a very full pie pan and 3 small ramekin custards worth.
*A double batch would be enough to fill a pie pan generously.
__________________

Started Ideal Protein - Phase 1: 2/28/2012, Phase 4: 9/1/2012
#1:-9lb,-1.19%; # 7:-3lb,-0.55%; *13:-5lb,-0.76%; #18:-2lb,-0.87%; Start Phase2! Start Phase 3!
#2:-6lb,-1.01%; # 8:-3lb,-0.60%; #14:-2lb,-0.48%; #19:-3lb,-0.53%; #1:-0,-0.00%; #1:+1.4lb,+0.82%
*4:-6lb,-0.95%; # 9:-4lb,-0.69%; #15:-.4lb,-0.1%; *21:-3lb,-1.40%; #2:-0,-1.10%; #2:-1.0lb,-0.33%
#5:-5lb,-0.79%; #10:-2lb,-0.50%; #16:-4lb,-0.98%; #22:-5lb,-1.41%
#6:-3lb,-0.57%; #11:-4lb,-0.76%; #17:-2lb,-3.70%; *on travel WI#3,12,20


Last edited by LizRR : 01-07-2013 at 11:43 AM.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:50 AM   #58
Started IPD Dec 1, 2011
 
Tmg1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 143

S/C/G: 211/141/125

Height: 5' 1 1/2"

Default

Great recipies! One more week of phase 3!
__________________
Tmg1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:20 AM   #59
Maile
 
Maile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NW
Posts: 1,504

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Default

Thanks to everyone here for the recipes and menus. They look wonderful.
__________________
Maintenance 3 years!
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:02 AM   #60
IP: 2/28/12-9/1/12
 
LizRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 2,120

S/C/G: 214/165 (post-partum)/145

Height: 5'6"/39yo

Default Strawberry Cheesecake

Ingredients:
Crust:
2 Graham Cracker Sheets
1 oz Nonfat Yogurt

Filling:
1 Egg
4oz AllWhites Egg Whites
1/4 packet Knox Unflavored Gelatin
1/3 cup Lowfat Ricotta Cheese
1 cup Strawberries
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
3 tbsp No-Calorie Sweetener

Directions:
Make Crust:
1. In mixing bowl, add Egg Whites only
2. In pie pan, crush 2 Graham Cracker Sheets into crumbs and mix with 1 oz Nonfat Yogurt, coating bottom of ramekin/pie pan/etc with the mixture. Tip: use the back of a wet spoon to assist in spreading the crust.
3. Bake crust at 350 degrees for ~5-7 minutes
4. Brush inside of crust with egg whites
5. Bake crust an additional 7 minutes at 350 degrees. This creates a 'waterproof' coating to keep your crust from getting soggy.

Filling & Assembly:
1. In mixing bowl, sprinkle in Gelatin to the Egg Whites and allow to dissolve/stir with fork ~1 minute. You want to make sure the gelatin gets correctly incorporated into the rest of the ingredients by dissolving in liquid first. In the meantime, thinly slice your Strawberries lengthwise.
2. To the Gelatin & Egg Whites - add Ricotta, Egg, Vanilla, Sweetener and blend together. I used my immersion blender in a mixing bowl, a blender or food processor would work too, you want to pulverize out the cottage cheese curds into your custard.
3. Pour custard mixture inside crust.
4. Top your cheesecake with sliced Strawberries.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for ~45 minutes
6. Allow to chill/set in the fridge

Phase 3 Nutritional Information:

Product_____________________Serving____Fat_______C arb______Protein____Cal

Protein-------------------------------------------------------------------
Large Eggs..................1 egg..... 5.0g ...... 0.0g .... 6.0g ..... 70
AllWhites Egg Whites........4 oz...... 0.0g ...... 0.0g ... 13.3g ..... 67
Knox Gelatin powder.........1 packet.. 0g ........ 0g ...... 6g ....... 20

Grain------------------------------------------- <30g --------------------
Honey Maid Graham Crackers..2 sheets.. 3.5g ..... 23.0Ng ... 2.0g .... 130

Fruit------------------------------------------- <20g --------------------
Strawberries................1 cup..... 0.0g ..... 12.8g .... 1.0g...... 53

Dairy------------------------------------------- <15g --------------- <120
Lowfat Ricotta Cheese.......1/3 cup... 3.3g ...... 4.0g .... 6.7g ..... 80
Greek Gods Nonfat Yogurt....1 oz...... 0.0g ...... 2.0g .... 1.3g ..... 15

TOTAL_______________________________ <15.0g ______________ >25.0g___400-500
..................................... 11.8g ..... 41.8g.... 36.3g .... 435


Recipe Notes:
*I didn't know how far my "crust" would go with 1 serving, so I did it in small ramekins and it covered all 4. I think a larger ramekin would probably be covered just fine (and less dishes!).
*I made a double serving using apricots sliced on top - delicious! A double serving is "just right" for 1 pie pan. Enough crust to cover a pie pan, and enough custard to generously fill. Slicing and baking the fruit on top 'carmelizes' them further for a nice sweet bite.
__________________

Started Ideal Protein - Phase 1: 2/28/2012, Phase 4: 9/1/2012
#1:-9lb,-1.19%; # 7:-3lb,-0.55%; *13:-5lb,-0.76%; #18:-2lb,-0.87%; Start Phase2! Start Phase 3!
#2:-6lb,-1.01%; # 8:-3lb,-0.60%; #14:-2lb,-0.48%; #19:-3lb,-0.53%; #1:-0,-0.00%; #1:+1.4lb,+0.82%
*4:-6lb,-0.95%; # 9:-4lb,-0.69%; #15:-.4lb,-0.1%; *21:-3lb,-1.40%; #2:-0,-1.10%; #2:-1.0lb,-0.33%
#5:-5lb,-0.79%; #10:-2lb,-0.50%; #16:-4lb,-0.98%; #22:-5lb,-1.41%
#6:-3lb,-0.57%; #11:-4lb,-0.76%; #17:-2lb,-3.70%; *on travel WI#3,12,20


Last edited by LizRR : 01-07-2013 at 11:43 AM.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Phase I Beachers - Week beginning May 28 Ruthxxx South Beach Diet 23 06-01-2007 09:24 PM
Starting Phase 1 - March 13 scrappinRN South Beach Diet 67 04-04-2006 02:05 PM
Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 11/3-11/9 Debelli Sugar Shakers 174 11-09-2003 10:35 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:40 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2