3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Phase 3 Breakfast Ideas (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/228564-phase-3-breakfast-ideas.html)

Kikie 08-02-2012 02:06 PM

Here is my phase 3 breakfast for now:

Sandwich made with:

2 slices organic St-Méthode NaturoBio Kamut bread 220 cal / 2 fat / 41 carb / 8 protein
1 tbsp Nuts to You Nut Butter peanut cashew and fruit butter 80 cal / 7 fat / 4 carb / 3 protein
1/2 sliced banana 50 cal / 0 fat / 14 carb / 1 protein

3 slices Yves veggie Bacon 75 cal / 3 fat / 3 carb / 9 protein
30g Allegro skim milk 7% fat cheese 60 cal / 2 fat / 2 carb / 8 protein
Green tea

Total 485 cal / 14 fat / 64 carb / 29 protein

It is a little high in carbs due to my choice of bread, kamut bread was recommended to me over wheat or low-carb types of bread because of its nutritional value. That makes the fruit+bread carb count at 55 instead of 50. I am not overly worried about it personnally, if it causes any problems it is possible to switch to a lower-carb bread or have just one slice and make it up with berries (but I love my banana sandwich!).

New Englander 08-02-2012 02:24 PM

P3 and P4 breakfasts are the same right? (I can't believe how I eat, breathed and drank this stuff now I can't remember all the details!)

Well, if it is in P4 I have 2 slices of Sara Lee Whole Wheat Bread (Love it), 1 tbsp of All natural Peanut Butter by Smuckers, and one whole banana. It's filling and hits most of the criteria. I believe I falls short on fat and calories...I need to reeval it to get back on track! :)

Another option I would have is the Sara Lee bread with egg whites, low fat cheese slice a little mayo and I was in heaven!!! :) I would add fresh tomatoes and basil too. YUMO!!! But right now I'm stuck on the first one...

I've thought about making two mini pizzas for breakfast...using whole wheat english muffins, sauce, cheese and veggies! YUMO! (I'm not a big yogurt fan.)

Kikie 08-02-2012 02:36 PM

New englander, if you find you fall short on fat and calories, you can try finding a "fattier" nut butter (this sounds weird doesn't it!). I shopped in the organic/health section of my grocery store and found this peanut/cashew butter with dried blueberries and cranberries in it, no other ingredients which is awesome. It has more fat than regular PB because of the cashews. Otherwise, you could add a piece of cheese to your breakfast, great and delicious way to add fat, and some protein as a bonus.

And wow these breakfasts are sooo filling, I am not hungry for hours after :)

infoplease 08-02-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kikie (Post 4425113)
Here is my phase 3 breakfast for now:

Sandwich made with:

2 slices organic St-Méthode NaturoBio Kamut bread 220 cal / 2 fat / 41 carb / 8 protein
1 tbsp Nuts to You Nut Butter peanut cashew and fruit butter 80 cal / 7 fat / 4 carb / 3 protein
1/2 sliced banana 50 cal / 0 fat / 14 carb / 1 protein

3 slices Yves veggie Bacon 75 cal / 3 fat / 3 carb / 9 protein
30g Allegro skim milk 7% fat cheese 60 cal / 2 fat / 2 carb / 8 protein
Green tea

Total 485 cal / 14 fat / 64 carb / 29 protein

It is a little high in carbs due to my choice of bread, kamut bread was recommended to me over wheat or low-carb types of bread because of its nutritional value. That makes the fruit+bread carb count at 55 instead of 50. I am not overly worried about it personnally, if it causes any problems it is possible to switch to a lower-carb bread or have just one slice and make it up with berries (but I love my banana sandwich!).

Thanks for the great ideas on the veggie bacon and Kamut bread. Definitely something I'll look for in the store.

I do have a question for you. Isn't the limit on the entire breakfast 50g of carbs? My coach said for sure don't go over 30g on the grains (I had a slice and a half of bread at 31.5g carb total and she noted it right away.) Did your coach advise differently?

New Englander 08-02-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kikie (Post 4425143)
New englander, if you find you fall short on fat and calories, you can try finding a "fattier" nut butter (this sounds weird doesn't it!). I shopped in the organic/health section of my grocery store and found this peanut/cashew butter with dried blueberries and cranberries in it, no other ingredients which is awesome. It has more fat than regular PB because of the cashews. Otherwise, you could add a piece of cheese to your breakfast, great and delicious way to add fat, and some protein as a bonus.

And wow these breakfasts are sooo filling, I am not hungry for hours after :)

Yum...that PB sounds delich! Sometimes I put extra PB on it...I like the idea of a piece of cheese too! I agree these breakfasts are filling. When I run out of bananas I miss my "regular" breakfast so much!!!

Kikie 08-02-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infoplease (Post 4425177)
Thanks for the great ideas on the veggie bacon and Kamut bread. Definitely something I'll look for in the store.

I do have a question for you. Isn't the limit on the entire breakfast 50g of carbs? My coach said for sure don't go over 30g on the grains (I had a slice and a half of bread at 31.5g carb total and she noted it right away.) Did your coach advise differently?

I have read somewhere that if you go over the carb count on bread, you can take it off your fruit, and vice versa, but sadly I can't reference it because I can't remember where I saw that. Fruit+grain has to be under 50g, the rest of breakfast doesn't really have any guidelines so I don't count the cheese, PB and veggie bacon carbs, they are very low anyway.

However, every coach is different. Mine doesn't have a problem with 2 slices of kamut bread. I just don't overdo the fruit (either low carb berries or only half of a banana). However, she recommends not having dairy at all, even if it's on the protocol, for the first few months, because of the mucus layer it creates in the digestive tract. I can't really listen to her on that though and have a very small serving to satisfy my need for cheese.

Edit: I found a phase 3 sheet that says no more than 15g of dairy carbs. Since I am way under that (2g), I'm not too worried about the little extras from the bread. As I said though, you can have 1 1/2 slice to make it within the recommended 30g, and add some berries or melon :) As a matter of fact, when I'm not having a banana sandwich, I'll go for 1 1/2 slice to be in the safe zone.

Kikie 08-03-2012 12:27 AM

Ah, here's another idea I had that I'm going to be trying this week. Yes I'm going to have this for breakfast, sue me :dizzy:

Mini vegetarian pepperoni pizza, made with

1 Dempster's Prebiotic Multigrain Tortilla 10" 170 cal / 5 fat / 27 carbs / 6 protein
2 tbsp Gattuso pizza sauce 35 cal / 0 fat / 7 carb / 0 protein
16 slices of Yves veggie pepperoni 80 cal / 1 fat / 5 carb / 12 protein
2 slices Compliments sliced part skim mozzarella cheese 160 cal / 9 fat / 2 carb / 18 protein

1/2 cup blueberries 40 cal / 0 fat / 10 carb / 0 protein
Green tea

Total: 485 cal / 15 fat / 58 carb / 36 protein

I count the tomato carbs as fruit.

LizRR 08-03-2012 12:30 AM

Baked Apricot French Toast

Ingredients:
French Toast:
2 slices Whole Grain Bread
2 Eggs + 4oz AllWhite Egg Whites
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
2 tbsp Sweetener

Toppings:
3 Apricots, sliced
3 oz Fat Free Cream Cheese

Directions:
1. Arrange Bread in single layer on a nonstick baking pan.
2. In a bowl, whisk Eggs, Egg Whites, Sweetener, Cinnamon, and Vanilla.
3. Pour the egg mixture over the Bread in the pan.
3. Scatter the Apricot slices evenly over the bread.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 350deg, uncover and bake until slightly puffed and the bread is golden brown ~30 minutes.
6. Mix/whip Cream Cheese with a fork.
7. Top French Toast with Cream and enjoy!

Phase 3 Nutritional Information:

Product_____________________Serving____Fat_______C arb______Protein____Cal

Protein-------------------------------------------------------------------
Large Eggs..................2 eggs... 10.0g ..... 0.0g..... 12.0g..... 140
AllWhites Egg Whites........4 oz...... 0.0g ..... 0.0g..... 13.3g...... 67

Grain------------------------------------------- <30g --------------------
Natures Own 9-Grain Bread...2 slices.. 1.5g ..... 18.0g..... 5.0g...... 80

Fruit------------------------------------------- <20g --------------------
Apricots....................3 (*35g).. 0.3g .... 11.7g ..... 1.5g...... 51

Dairy------------------------------------------- <15g --------------- <120
Fat Free Cream Cheese.......3 oz...... 0.0g ..... 6.0g..... 12.0g...... 87

TOTAL________________________________ <15.0g _____________ >25.0g___400-500
...................................... 11.8g ... 35.7g .... 43.8g..... 425

Recipe Notes:
*Any suitable fruit serving can be substituted for the apricot, although stone fruit would probably 'carmelize' the best

LizRR 08-03-2012 12:37 AM

Strawberry & Cream Stuffed French Toast

Ingredients:
French Toast:
2 slices Whole Grain Bread
2 Eggs + 4 oz AllWhites Egg Whites
2 tbsp Sweetener
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract

Stuffing:
1c Strawberries, sliced
3 oz Fat Free Cream Cheese*

Directions:
1. Whisk the Eggs & Egg Whites, add the Sweetener & Vanilla and whisk to blend.
2. Pour into a sheet pan with sides and arrange the bread slices in the pan in a single layer and let soak.
3. Mix/whip the Cream Cheese using a fork.
4. Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat and spray with Pam.
4. Arrange the soaked bread slices in the skillet. Cook until lightly brown, about 3 minutes, turn both slices over.
5. Spread the Cream Cheese on top then place the sliced Strawberries on top of that, then spread more Cream Cheese over that. Place another slice of soaked bread on top and press firmly with the back of a spatula.
6. Turn the "sandwich" over and brown on the other side, about 3 minutes more.
8. Top with remaining sliced Strawberries & Cream and enjoy!

Inspiration recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/g...ipe/index.html

Large Eggs..................2 eggs... 10.0g ..... 0.0g..... 12.0g..... 140
AllWhites Egg Whites........4 oz...... 0.0g ..... 0.0g..... 13.3g...... 67

Natures Own 9-Grain Bread...2 slices.. 1.5g ..... 18.0g..... 5.0g...... 80

Strawberries................1 cup..... 0.0g ..... 12.8g..... 1.0g...... 53

Fat Free Cream Cheese.......3 oz...... 0.0g ...... 6.0g ... 12.0g...... 87

..................................... 11.5g .... 36.8g .... 43.3g..... 427

Recipe Notes:
*The fat free cream cheese doesn't really melt like the full fat stuff, so don't worry about that, it holds up well under the skillet heat and makes a delicious 'glue' to the bread!
*You don't have to soak the bread overnight, but just ensure it gets immersed fully

http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1e4195c0.jpg

Kikie 08-03-2012 12:40 AM

That sounds really good!

LizRR 08-03-2012 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kikie (Post 4425669)
That sounds really good!

I'm drooling! I need to do more 'research' and dive into the Phase 3 threads and figure out the calculations as far as what amounts go into each portion, but OMG - I can't wait for that first Phase 3 breakfast! Also looking into some smoothie options - as I really like having a 'grab & go' option for the weekday when I head out in the mornings, although the peach french toast is something that can be left to bake while I get ready.

My coach gave me a slew of handouts with different suggested menu ideas I will scan and post here. They might be repeats of whats on the threads, I haven't gone in and read enough yet - I still have 2 weeks...but omg, I can't wait!

LizRR 08-03-2012 01:40 AM

Apple & Cinnamon Protein Pancakes

Ingredients:
Pancakes:
1/2 cup Oats, rolled, quick cooking
8 oz AllWhites Egg Whites
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tbsp Sweetener
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 Apple, grated

Topping:
3 oz Fat Free Cream Cheese
1 tbsp WF Pancake Syrup

Directions:
1. Spray skillet with oil spray and preheat over medium heat.
2. In a small bowl whip together all of the pancake ingredients. Pour the mixture onto the skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown, on each side. Tip: For a moister pancake, cover the skillet with a lid while the pancake is cooking.
3. While the pancake is cooking, mix/whip the FF Cream Cheese & WF Pancake Syrup together with a fork.
4. Serve your pancakes topped with your Maple Cream and enjoy!

Inspiration Recipe: http://www.joybauer.com/healthy-reci...-pancakes.aspx

AllWhites Egg Whites........8 oz...... 0.0g ..... 0.0g..... 26.6g..... 134

Quick Cooking Oats..........1/2 cup... 3.0g ..... 24.0Ng.... 6.0g..... 150

Apple.......................1 medium.. 0.0g ..... 17Ng...... 0.0g...... 77

Fat Free Cream Cheese.......3 oz...... 0.0g ...... 6.0g ... 12.0g...... 87

TOTAL________________________________ <15.0g _____________ >25.0g____400-500
....................................... 3.0g .... 47.0g.... 34.6g..... 448

*This was good, but I recommend letting the mixture set a few minutes so that the oatmeal 'soaks up' the egg whites a little as I had some runoff when I poured my batter on the griddle.
*Not bad, but I will say the Lemon Ricotta Pancakes are my favorite so far!

LizRR 08-03-2012 02:06 AM

Waffles & Ice Cream

Ingredients:
2 Whole Grain Waffles

Ice Cream:
3 oz AllWhites Egg Whites
Nonfat Yogurt, frozen
Half Medium Banana, cut into rounds & frozen
4 tbsp PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter
2 tbsp No-Calorie Sweetener, to taste (optional)

Directions:
Prepare Ice Cream:
1. Peel and slice Banana into 1" rounds, place in plastic bag and freeze at least 3 hours to overnight.
2. Add a few Banana slices at a time into blender/food processor and puree until smooth. Adding in the liquid Egg Whites at this time may help the process along.
3. Add Frozen NF Yogurt, PB2, optional Sweetener (to taste) and continue to blend through until smooth.

Assembly:
1. While blending ice cream, toast your Waffles
2. Top waffles with ice cream.
3. Eat!

Inspiration Recipe: http://www.joybauer.com/healthy-reci...breakfast.aspx

AllWhites Egg Whites........3 oz...... 0.0g ..... 0.0g..... 10.0g...... 50

Central Market Multigrain...2 waffles..4.0g ..... 20.0Ng.... 8.0g..... 150

Banana...................half medium.. 0.0g ..... 12.0Ng.... 0.5g...... 53

Krogers Carb Control Yogurt...6oz..... 1.5g ...... 3.0Ng.... 12.0g .... 80

Other---------------------------------------------------------------------
Powdered PB2 ...............4 tbsp.... 3.0g ...... 6.0Ng ... 10.0g .... 90

...................................... 8.5g ..... 39.0g .... 40.5g ... 423

Recipe Notes:
*I made the peanut butter banana 'ice cream' for my family weeks ago and they LOVED it, been waiting try it for myself!
*Modifications to make it into the Phase 3 guidelines:
-I used half a banana to cut down the carbs (otherwise would have gone over)
-Adding in egg whites for additional 'whole protein' and clean calories and the liquid helps with ice cream blending
-Adding Banana Cream Pie CC Yogurt to augment my ice cream ingredients since I only use half a banana
-Substituting PB2 in lieu of Peanut Butter, it gets blended down anyways and I really want that 'Peanut Butter and Banana' flavor!
*You can omit the PB, use a whole egg, NF greek yogurt, cream cheese, etc. - whatever 'creamy' dairy additions, flavors, substitutions to suit your taste

LizRR 08-03-2012 12:03 PM

Banana Almond Smoothie

Smoothie INGREDIENTS
•1 large banana, sliced into rounds and frozen
•almond butter (may substitute other nut butter)
•silken tofu
•1/2 tsp vanilla extract
•1 tsp Stevia/Splenda sweetener, to taste

Topping:
•granola

PREPARATION

In a blender, combine all of the smoothie ingredients and blend until smooth. Top with granola.

Inspiration Recipe: http://www.joybauer.com/healthy-reci...-smoothie.aspx

*Phase 3 nutritional worksheet information to be posted soon

MaMaZu 08-04-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chremme (Post 4424810)
Mamazu,

Thank you SO MUCH. This is really helpful.

It's hard to think of being allowed to eat this much and not be cheating, but hey - twist my arm.

Have you gained at all on Phase 3? Continued losing?

Have a great day. Thanks again. And enjoy that DVF dress ;)

Best,
Christine

Hey Christine,
Got home after over 10 days away so was able to weigh myself this morning and I was down another pound, hard to believe!
Phase 4 starts tomorrow, looking forward to it!