3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Phase 3 Breakfast Ideas

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2014, 12:50 PM   #316
Senior Member
 
canadjineh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 1,899

S/C/G: 163/134/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 50 yrs old

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstrange View Post
Do you have to add bread back? I'm a little afraid to add it back....
sstrange: make yourself some hash brown potatoes, or make up a pancake or two, or have some oatmeal - it doesn't have to be toast. I like a poached/or easy over egg on top of beans with salsa. Beans will get you some starch.

Liana
__________________


At goal or below since March 5, 2014
canadjineh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:43 AM   #317
started 1/10/2014
 
bluegingham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 129

S/C/G: 220/149/135

Height: 5'5"

Default

Starting Phase 3 on Monday while I am on vacation for a few weeks. I want to be ready with a plan, so thank you for all of these great suggestions. I figure I will rotate breakfasts every few days, keeping it simple!
__________________
bluegingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 11:31 PM   #318
Evemomma
 
evemomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: St. Louis Area
Posts: 760

S/C/G: 170/125/135

Height: 5'4"

Default

I am starting P3 on Thursday....yippee! These recipes look AMAZING! I have read each and every page and tried to take notes, and I STILL feel overwhelmed at getting everything to fit. I need to look at this as a logic puzzle....I like those.

Also bumping as I know a few more of my IP peeps are going to be phasing off soon with me! The sensible (and safe and maybe lazy) part of me wants to start off with a really simple breakfast of greek yogurt, Kashi cereal, fruit and eggs. The HUNGRY part of me is tempted to start my P3 off with a bang with one of Liz's amazing recipes (maybe the peach bread pudding?).

We'll see who wins this one!
__________________


"Comparison is the thief of joy." - Theodore Roosevelt
evemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:24 PM   #319
Started IP Alt 1/29/14
 
Johnsdeere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 180

S/C/G: 234/149.9/150

Height: 5'4"

Default

Thanks for bumping even though I will soon be starting phase 2 not 3. It's a lot of reading/information so I'm taking the time to read and wrap my head around it all.
__________________


"What gets you to the next level is truly believing you deserve to be where you are". Alex Morgan
Johnsdeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:39 PM   #320
Senior Member
 
Slipfree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 1,650

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Default

Eve, I chose to start Phase 3 on a weekend and my stomach def. needed some time to adjust (bathroom) to the new foods.
__________________
Now residing in ONEDERLAND for the rest of my life!


Started maintenance: June 14, 2014
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:48 PM   #321
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 1,079

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
I am starting P3 on Thursday....yippee! These recipes look AMAZING! I have read each and every page and tried to take notes, and I STILL feel overwhelmed at getting everything to fit. I need to look at this as a logic puzzle....I like those.

Also bumping as I know a few more of my IP peeps are going to be phasing off soon with me! The sensible (and safe and maybe lazy) part of me wants to start off with a really simple breakfast of greek yogurt, Kashi cereal, fruit and eggs. The HUNGRY part of me is tempted to start my P3 off with a bang with one of Liz's amazing recipes (maybe the peach bread pudding?).

We'll see who wins this one!
I was given an excel worksheet from someone on here quite some time ago. It lays everything out in columns and calculates totals as you add foods. I made done modifications and sample menus and a page to enter all my different food products and nutrition info so I can cut and paste to build breakfasts.

I am happy to share. Email me at jlus at aol.com
__________________
Laurie

Met Goal Aug 2013
Rebooted Summer 2014

JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:19 AM   #322
Evemomma
 
evemomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: St. Louis Area
Posts: 760

S/C/G: 170/125/135

Height: 5'4"

Default

Thanks ladies!

Slipfree, lol! Before IP, I had a VERY sensitive stomach, so I will now be searching out the culprit(s). Luckily, I work afternoons/evenings, so I have a little time on my side with breakfast early in the AM before sending my son off to shool!

JLUS, I think I downloaded the excel spreadsheet that I think you may be referring to. My admission is that I don't know much about excel (just a pen/paper mental health therapist here with basic computer skills)! I got confused in adding in my own things because it seems failry arduous.

My hubby is a computer wiz, so I thought I would put him to the task to help me this weekend. If you have any other advice or if your files are different, let me know!
__________________


"Comparison is the thief of joy." - Theodore Roosevelt
evemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:19 PM   #323
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14
 
ChipnDip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 691

S/C/G: 249/154,5/160

Height: 5'4"

Default

I'm in the final stretch before phase 2 but want lots of time to plan. I even had my clinic change my videos once I was on "the best of phase 1" playlist and i am glad I did as I am learning ahead of the curve this time. In phase1 I was always wishing I had seen the message sooner.

This thread is great. I'm stuck in three days of meetings where I only listen so I brought my iPad and reading through the threads for phase 3/4. Has anyone figured out if there are take out breakfast options? I know Tim Hortons in canada has a breakfast wrap on a whole wheat tortilla with a strip of bacon and a sprinkle of cheese. They also have egg white but they don't carry the WW English muffin anymore. McDonalds just introduced a WW egg mcmufffin (skipping the process cheese, of course). I need to run the numbers. I'm in canada so our menus might be different.
__________________




WI 1: 8.5, WI 2: -6.5, WI 3: -4.5, WI 4: -2, WI 5: -2, WI 6: -3, WI 7: -3.5, WI 8: -2.5, WI 9: -2, WI 10: -4, WI 11: -1, WI 12: -3.5, WI 13: -2, WI 14: -3.5, WI 14: -2.5, WI 15: -2, WI 16:-2.5, WI 17: -2.5, WI 18: -4.5, WI 19:-2, WI 20: -.5, WI 21:-2, WI 22: -3, WI 23: -2.5, WI 23/24: -4, WI 25: -2.5, WI 26: -1, WI 27: -3, WI 28: -1.5, WI 29: -3.5, WI 30/31:-2.5, WI 32:-1
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:00 PM   #324
Senior Member
 
canadjineh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 1,899

S/C/G: 163/134/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 50 yrs old

Default

ChipNDip: A&W has eggs, bacon and toast - just bring your own piece of fruit and a yogurt cup if you wish. I ate that a couple times - bringing my own GF bread from home while DH had the breakfast sandwich. Our A&W has very good coffee too.

Liana
__________________


At goal or below since March 5, 2014
canadjineh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:24 PM   #325
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 1,079

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Thanks ladies!

Slipfree, lol! Before IP, I had a VERY sensitive stomach, so I will now be searching out the culprit(s). Luckily, I work afternoons/evenings, so I have a little time on my side with breakfast early in the AM before sending my son off to shool!

JLUS, I think I downloaded the excel spreadsheet that I think you may be referring to. My admission is that I don't know much about excel (just a pen/paper mental health therapist here with basic computer skills)! I got confused in adding in my own things because it seems failry arduous.

My hubby is a computer wiz, so I thought I would put him to the task to help me this weekend. If you have any other advice or if your files are different, let me know!
I would be happy to email mine to you... I modified it and added kits of instructions. I do not think the one you may have is the same. If your hubby is going to assist he might like this one.
__________________
Laurie

Met Goal Aug 2013
Rebooted Summer 2014

JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:59 PM   #326
Evemomma
 
evemomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: St. Louis Area
Posts: 760

S/C/G: 170/125/135

Height: 5'4"

Default

Re-posting from Daily Chat with a more info on actual menus:

So I had an epiphany last night after getting NO GUIDANCE from my coach on P# breakfast ideas. I was thinking (and still do) that Ideal Protein should make an APP that you could easily manipulate to make breakfast meals. But I am a very tactile person and like to be able to reach out and move things around when I am creating/learning/planning. SO....I decided to use notecards to help me plan my breakfast menus. It worked REALLY well, so I thought I would share it here (and I'll share it on the P3 breakfast thread since that is a more long-term thread).

I used a sharpie marker and labeled cards into separate groups: Protein, Grains, Fruit, Dairy, Fat/Other (butter, WF syrup, etc, splenda, etc). Then I listed the specific food on the card with the applicable nutrition information:

Protein
1 Medium egg = 60 calories
4 g fat
6g protein

I used MyFitnessPal or my food labeling packages to get my info. Once I had several foods in each category, I just starting building meals according to what sounded good (like French Toast) and filled accordingly. I found I could use my non-fat Greek yogurt or extra egg whites when my meals were getting too high in fat. It was fun once I got the hang of it!

Once I had a meal that I thought looked good, I took a pic of the cards on my phone and typed out a text label (using a photo app) to quickly describe them so I didn't have to read each little card (Like Peanut Butter Toast and Strawberry/Cottage Cheese or Breakfast Burrito, Banana and Cereal/Milk). You could just have a type list also, but this worked for me!

So, here was my first Phase 3 breakfast:

2 Fit & Active (Aldi) Whole-Grain Waffles
1 tsp Butter
1/4 cup Safeway Breakfast Syrup (made Splenda)
4 oz. Friendly Farms No Fat Greek Yogurt (added vanilla and a little splenda to make dip for....)
1 cup Green Seedless Grapes
3 slice of Oscar Meyer Fully Cooked Bacon

= 422 calories, 45g carbs, 13g fat, 25g protein
(I would normally use WF syrup....but darn it we were out!)

I'll post a few more of my menu ideas....those with experience, please let me know if something looks "off" with my numbers!
__________________


"Comparison is the thief of joy." - Theodore Roosevelt
evemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:29 PM   #327
Evemomma
 
evemomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: St. Louis Area
Posts: 760

S/C/G: 170/125/135

Height: 5'4"

Default

OK:

Breakfast Sandwich, Strawberries & Milk

2 slice Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread (80 cal, 11 net carbs, 5g protein)
1 med egg + 2 liquid egg whites (110 cal, 4g fat, 11g protein)
1 slice Mild Cheddar Aldi Happy Farms (80 cal, 7g fat, 5g protein)
2 slices OM fully cooked Bacon (53.2 cal, 4g fat, 4.6g protein)
1 cup fresh whole strawberries (50 cal, 9g carbs, 1g protein)
1/2 cup skim milk (45 cal, 13g carbs, 8g protein)

= 418.2 calories, 15g fat, 33 carbs, 34.6 protein (maybe a little high in fat, could cut my cheese in half)

Breakfast Burrito, Banana in Cereal and Milk -

1 slice Fit&Active 100% Whole Grain Flatbread (100 cal, 2.5g fat, 9 carb, 9g protein)
3 slices Oscar M Fully Cooked Bacon (80 cal, 6g fat, 7g protein)
1 slice Happy Farms Mild Cheddar (80 cal, 76 fat, 5g protein)
2 Fit&Active egg whites (50 cal, 10g protein)
1/2 cup Skim Milk (45 cal, 13g carb, 8g protein)
1 cup Millville Multi-Grain Oats (like Multi-Grain Cheerios) - (110 cal, 1g fat, 19 carb, 2 g protein)
1/2 Banana (52 cal, 13.5 carb, .6 protein)
= 517 calories, 14.5 g fat, 35.5 carb, 34.6 protein
...calories and fat a little high, might cut the cheese in half for an easy adjustment

OK, typing these out takes a lot of time! Need to clean my house before the nanny get here!!!!!
__________________


"Comparison is the thief of joy." - Theodore Roosevelt

Last edited by evemomma : 08-28-2014 at 01:36 PM.
evemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:46 PM   #328
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14
 
ChipnDip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 691

S/C/G: 249/154,5/160

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
ChipNDip: A&W has eggs, bacon and toast - just bring your own piece of fruit and a yogurt cup if you wish. I ate that a couple times - bringing my own GF bread from home while DH had the breakfast sandwich. Our A&W has very good coffee too.

Liana
How about a White Spot breakfast sandwich?.. Oh how I miss those! If my DH gets transferred back to BC I'll have some fun day meals already planned out. No white spot or red robin here in Ontario.

Evemomma - what a great idea with the cards. So much easier to mix and match. You are rockin it old school.
__________________




WI 1: 8.5, WI 2: -6.5, WI 3: -4.5, WI 4: -2, WI 5: -2, WI 6: -3, WI 7: -3.5, WI 8: -2.5, WI 9: -2, WI 10: -4, WI 11: -1, WI 12: -3.5, WI 13: -2, WI 14: -3.5, WI 14: -2.5, WI 15: -2, WI 16:-2.5, WI 17: -2.5, WI 18: -4.5, WI 19:-2, WI 20: -.5, WI 21:-2, WI 22: -3, WI 23: -2.5, WI 23/24: -4, WI 25: -2.5, WI 26: -1, WI 27: -3, WI 28: -1.5, WI 29: -3.5, WI 30/31:-2.5, WI 32:-1
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 01:36 PM   #329
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,873

S/C/G: 257/132/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
OK:

Breakfast Sandwich, Strawberries & Milk

2 slice Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread (80 cal, 11 net carbs, 5g protein)
1 med egg + 2 liquid egg whites (110 cal, 4g fat, 11g protein)
1 slice Mild Cheddar Aldi Happy Farms (80 cal, 7g fat, 5g protein)
2 slices OM fully cooked Bacon (53.2 cal, 4g fat, 4.6g protein)
1 cup fresh whole strawberries (50 cal, 9g carbs, 1g protein)
1/2 cup skim milk (45 cal, 13g carbs, 8g protein)

= 418.2 calories, 15g fat, 33 carbs, 34.6 protein (maybe a little high in fat, could cut my cheese in half)

Breakfast Burrito, Banana in Cereal and Milk -

1 slice Fit&Active 100% Whole Grain Flatbread (100 cal, 2.5g fat, 9 carb, 9g protein)
3 slices Oscar M Fully Cooked Bacon (80 cal, 6g fat, 7g protein)
1 slice Happy Farms Mild Cheddar (80 cal, 76 fat, 5g protein)
2 Fit&Active egg whites (50 cal, 10g protein)
1/2 cup Skim Milk (45 cal, 13g carb, 8g protein)
1 cup Millville Multi-Grain Oats (like Multi-Grain Cheerios) - (110 cal, 1g fat, 19 carb, 2 g protein)
1/2 Banana (52 cal, 13.5 carb, .6 protein)
= 517 calories, 14.5 g fat, 35.5 carb, 34.6 protein
...calories and fat a little high, might cut the cheese in half for an easy adjustment

OK, typing these out takes a lot of time! Need to clean my house before the nanny get here!!!!!
Evemomma: I did P3 a little differently - I added in grain one week, fruit the next and dairy the next but I looked at the P3 sheet and I think:

The sheet calls for one fat, one carb and one protein - looks like you may be exceeding that (i.e. toast and cereal for example). There was an explanation sheet at one time but I don't see it in the stickies any more and I don't have it here at work (I think I saved it to my home computer). I'll look tonight.

Not sure how much protein you're aiming for, but it looks like you may be a little high.

During the week I generally stick to what I ended up with in P3 for breakfast (because I'm boring) which generally ends up being full fat greek yogurt, fruit, cereal or toast & peanut butter, and a hard boiled egg. I try to stick to 400-500 calories (depending on what your calorie goal ends up that may or may not work for you) and I try to get around 20 gr of protein for breakfast.

Hope this helps and I'm sure others will chime in.
__________________


Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:04 PM   #330
Evemomma
 
evemomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: St. Louis Area
Posts: 760

S/C/G: 170/125/135

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Evemomma: I did P3 a little differently - I added in grain one week, fruit the next and dairy the next but I looked at the P3 sheet and I think:

The sheet calls for one fat, one carb and one protein - looks like you may be exceeding that (i.e. toast and cereal for example). There was an explanation sheet at one time but I don't see it in the stickies any more and I don't have it here at work (I think I saved it to my home computer). I'll look tonight.

Not sure how much protein you're aiming for, but it looks like you may be a little high.

During the week I generally stick to what I ended up with in P3 for breakfast (because I'm boring) which generally ends up being full fat greek yogurt, fruit, cereal or toast & peanut butter, and a hard boiled egg. I try to stick to 400-500 calories (depending on what your calorie goal ends up that may or may not work for you) and I try to get around 20 gr of protein for breakfast.

Hope this helps and I'm sure others will chime in.
Thanks Ruth Ann!

I was working with the idea that a grain should contain no more than 30g of carbs. My waffles were 22g for two. I also read that my fruit should not exceed 20g of carbs, and that I should have no more than 50g of carbs altogether. Additionally, I should be staying under 15g of fat total, my dairy should be less than 120 calories total, protein 25g +, AND between 400-500 calories. So I was combining food to make the totals match up. So, maybe I am misinterpreting this?

How did you get your calorie totals up if eating less food?

No advice from my coach was NOT helpful!
__________________


"Comparison is the thief of joy." - Theodore Roosevelt

Last edited by evemomma : 08-29-2014 at 02:06 PM.
evemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Phase I Beachers - Week beginning May 28 Ruthxxx South Beach Diet 23 06-01-2007 09:24 PM
Starting Phase 1 - March 13 scrappinRN South Beach Diet 67 04-04-2006 02:05 PM
Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 11/3-11/9 Debelli Sugar Shakers 174 11-09-2003 10:35 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:13 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2