Old 06-03-2013, 06:10 PM   #286  

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
The newest p3 explanation sheet[/URL] says no more than 15 g from dairy but it has to be found in a separate section (p 4, toward the bottom). This sheet does not say 50 g carbs max.
Thank you thank you thank you for posting this! I only had the one sheet!

I saw lf cream cheese on there and bought some Ezekiel bread and even some bacon today.. very scary, but Phase 3 here we go!! Can't wait to see your new recipe plus all these others. This forum is the best!
dukeofllano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #287  

S/C/G: 197/177/160

Height: 5.6

Bump
heritagesoftail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:18 AM   #288  

Do you have to have carbs with your dinner on maintenance or can you continue with a lean protein and vegetables? We eat out often and worry about finding good carbs aside from toting my own whole weat pasta
Joco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:20 AM   #289  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joco View Post
Do you have to have carbs with your dinner on maintenance or can you continue with a lean protein and vegetables? We eat out often and worry about finding good carbs aside from toting my own whole weat pasta
You can swap your carb between lunch and dinner. A baked potato/sweet potato would be a good option when eating out though.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:24 AM   #290  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
You can swap your carb between lunch and dinner. A baked potato/sweet potato would be a good option when eating out though.
So I do need to get the carbs in somewhere? Thanks so much!
Old 06-14-2013, 10:28 AM   #291  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joco View Post
So I do need to get the carbs in somewhere? Thanks so much!
Different people do different things in maintenance, but if you are trying to follow the plan then yes. It's really up to you how you want to maintain. Skipping the carbs isn't going to hurt you.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:32 AM   #292  

Height: 5'7

Hi All, I just wanted to add yet another thank you for these recipes! I startedd with LizRR's apricot cake, stuffed french toast and I'll be trying Scorbett's pumpkin oatmeal for breakfast tomorrow morning! I'm so excited to make my own yogurt this weekend! HUGE thanks for this thread and all of you wonderful people! I would have been in the dark without you!
ZOMBIEDAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:34 AM   #293  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Different people do different things in maintenance, but if you are trying to follow the plan then yes. It's really up to you how you want to maintain. Skipping the carbs isn't going to hurt you.
Thank you again ragdoll. Just trying to prepare!
Old 07-07-2013, 09:23 AM   #294  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Day 1 of P3!

Tried one of the recipes from the IP app available on ITunes.

Apple Cinnamon Steel Cut Oats - slow cooker

3 apples, cored and cut into pieces
1.5 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1.5 cups water
1 cup uncooked steel-cut oats
2 tbsp. agave syrup
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1.5 tbsp. coconut oil
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp. ground flax seed
1/4 tsp sea salt

Grease crockpot with coconut oil
Add all ingredients to pot and stir
Cook on low for 6-7 hours
Makes 8 servings

The one thing I don't like about this app is it doesn't give you any nutritional information so I tried calculating as best I could and it appears to have:

Cal - 155
Fat - 3.75g
Carb- 21g
Prot- 4g

We added 2 eggs and a strip of bacon to round out the meal. The oatmeal was FABULOUS!

Last edited by M35A2; 07-07-2013 at 09:25 AM.
M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:20 AM   #295  

This info came up on the daily thread but I thought I'd copy it here so it could be found again, if needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petchef
I also posted this question on an older phase 3 thread.

Background: I've been on IP almost one full year. I've been hovering at the same weight for about two months, so like a few others here, I decided to cycle off for a couple of months, maintain where I am and then come back to phase 1 to see if I can drop the last 15 lbs. I've lost 72 lbs and over 100 inches. I'm off all high blood pressure, cholesterol, acid reflux and diabetes medications -- that happened in the first 3 months of IP. Other than the headache/flu symptoms of the first few days, I've felt terrific on IP.

I had my first phase 3 breakfast this morning. Within 30 minutes I had severe heartburn/acid reflux. Prior to IP I was on Prilosec full time. Three weeks into the program I was able to stop using it. I was so uncomfortable today that I couldn't eat lunch and ended up taking a Pepcid Complete. My coach/Dr's office had no input for me other than to omit the fruit tomorrow.

Here's what I ate:
2 slices of Udi's gluten free whole grain bread (20 g carbs)
1 whole egg
1 slice low fat cheese
1 slice fat free ham
1 cup mixed strawberries & blueberries (about 15 carbs)
3 T. FF Greek yogurt

Anyone else have heartburn in phase 3? What the heck?? Maybe I can't eat fruit or even GF bread. I have to say that while I was eating it, this breakfast was amazing. The fruit alone was to die for -- after having had zero for a year. Then 30 minutes later I felt like I was, lol! Thanks for any suggestions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I experienced this problem too, in May and June (it is coming back again this week, too). Went to read some natural health and some other low carb sites b/c MDs just don't know squat about natural health and nutrition. I was looking for solutions, rather than the symptom-reduction given by meds. I posted the info in the 100% thread

Here are my posts about it http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4778000-post87.html.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4777911-post125.html
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4778008-post127.html
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:18 PM   #296  

Default Excel Spreadsheet

Pocohantas, Could you possibly message me (I can't message you b/c I'm so new) and I'll send you my email address so you can send the excel spreadsheet to me? I opened it once with no problem (but didn't save it) but now it won't open...Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas812 View Post
Will be starting P3 this coming weekend and am very excited about breakfast! I took the P3 pdf worksheet made/provided by Liz (I think) and made in into an excel file. Added some formulas so that when you enter a food and its nutritional info, the total fat, carbs, protein, and calories will add up automatically. Also, as it's electronic it can be used repeatedly. No need to print it out. If anyone wants to use it, the link is below. You should be able to view it and download it to your computer.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Byvt...it?usp=sharing
postalmarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:51 PM   #297  

S/C/G: me:153/129/130 him:243/203/185

Height: me 5'5" him 5'9"

Bumping this because it's so AWESOME!
EasierWithTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:45 PM   #298  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

I have been looking at this thread off and on for the last three months, just dreaming of the day. Anyway I have mostly been doing a breakfast of oat bran cereal, plain greek yogurt, mixed berries and a strip of bacon. It's been so yummy.. well the yogurt is almost bitter. Any suggestions?

I have put a lot of thought into how to keep wheat out of my diet, at least as much as possible since it just seams to trigger cravings in me. Also I LOVE potatoes, mostly hash browns and its one of the few things I have missed. So I have been searching for a way to make them fit and pretty sure I have found it. Had a breakfast this morning with the recipe I found to bake them (I didn't use the onions because I wasn't sure I should add them yet, but I will in the near future) http://www.wickedyummy.com/2012/03/b...ashbrowns.html
also had three Jimmy Dean turkey sausage links and three quarters cup of blueberries along with the 2 hash brown patties. It was pure heaven!

The nutrition info as best as I could figure on MyFitnessPal:
380 calories, 36g. carbs, 5g. from fiber, 26g. protein and 15g. fat A little bit under calorie wise but I think the rest is right in the correct ranges.
MntRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:57 AM   #299  

MntRose
In the P3 explanation document, it says the numbers are ranges & not to get too caught up with calories, if you're in the ballpark. I figure if I'm 25 over one day and 30 under another day it all comes out in the wash

I make my yogurt & strain for very thick Greek. Not bitter at all. I also mash my berries (DH gets peaches right now while I'm on P1 for 12 more weeks), add a drop of vanilla extract and some stevia. Yum!

For maintenance, I'll be paleo/primal mostly. Wheat gives me both cravings and bloating. Sugar = cravings. I'll use some limited gluten-free grains at breakfast and have an occasional indulgence when we go out but for the most part, it'll be grain- free living & sweetener w/b stevia. I just feel better that way.

I'm glad I had my P3/4 experiment over the summer. I'm in my 12-week P1 cycle now. Probably my last (for this length anyway). I'll be phasing back off by Halloween, if not before, depending on the scale.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:13 AM   #300  

S/C/G: 155/130/120

Height: 5'2"

I am starting phase 3 and need some advice. I will be joining a gym in September and plan to roll out of bed, go to the gym and then to work. I was hoping to eat breakfast once at work but my coach said to eat before i workout. Sadly that is impossible as I would have to wake at 4 am just to eat... plus I would be way to hungry by 9 am... any suggestions? Can I split my breakfast up and if so what do you suggest? In the past I always just had water and a coffee before working out... it was fine for me back then. Any suggestions for what and when to eat would be so gratly appreciated. Thanks so much all
retirementgirl is offline   Reply With Quote