Old 03-20-2011, 01:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: S205/G145-150

Height: 5'9" **started 2/17/11**

Default Oh, how I crave pizza today...

I don't want to screw up the diet, but I so want pizza. I've already had an oatmeal this morning, which was wonderful. I can't think of any kind of substitute for that craving that would hit the spot. Any suggestions?

Also, if I do cheat (I hate even thinking about this) will I do more damage than just gaining the water weight back (which will then have to be lost again)?

Ugh, I've gone a whole month on this diet without a single cheat or even real desire to cheat (that couldn't be overcome) and all of a sudden the cravings for pizza keep coming and coming and I'm feeling so weak to fight them off.
kellibelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 294/294/150

Height: 5'3"

I am with you on this one. I took my son to Chuck E Cheese yesterday and had an intense craving for pizza. I managed to fight it off but it was the most intense craving I have had to this point. I think I am really craving the cheese more than anything else as I have never been a pizza fan in the past.
kamikazecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 164.6/138.5/135

Height: 5'7"

Hello Kellibelli,

Stay strong!! Don't cheat.. take some veggies and a lot of water!! I know.. I know .. it's not pizza.. But is it really worth it? Really? Ask yourself!

I did cheat in this diet and I really regret it.
1. The feeling isss terrible, it made my stomach hurt a lot!! I really was not feeling well.
2. Yes I did lose that week even though I cheated, so the week after I cheated again, and again.. And then I was used to small cheats and I gained weight a week and then smaller lost.. It's not worth it!! I want to finish this as soon as possible!!

Keep your goal in mind, have a restricted packet or one more packet it's better than a cheat!

Have a great IP journey!
Vanessa333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:26 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikazecat View Post
I am with you on this one. I took my son to Chuck E Cheese yesterday and had an intense craving for pizza. I managed to fight it off but it was the most intense craving I have had to this point. I think I am really craving the cheese more than anything else as I have never been a pizza fan in the past.
I've made 1 trip to Chuck E. Cheese this week and 1 to Peter Piper Pizza with my kids and sat there like a strong-willed woman...and hated every moment. I had a salad, but it was torture. So, I feel your pain.

The thing I find interesting is that I've always been more prone to chocolate cravings rather than savory ones. I'm a chocolate beast, but I like their chocolate mix protein packs and that's kind of all I need. Ugh, how I wish they had pizza protein packs! Ooh, and beer protein packs!
Old 03-20-2011, 01:28 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa333 View Post
Hello Kellibelli,

Stay strong!! Don't cheat.. take some veggies and a lot of water!! I know.. I know .. it's not pizza.. But is it really worth it? Really? Ask yourself!

I did cheat in this diet and I really regret it.
1. The feeling isss terrible, it made my stomach hurt a lot!! I really was not feeling well.
2. Yes I did lose that week even though I cheated, so the week after I cheated again, and again.. And then I was used to small cheats and I gained weight a week and then smaller lost.. It's not worth it!! I want to finish this as soon as possible!!

Keep your goal in mind, have a restricted packet or one more packet it's better than a cheat!

Have a great IP journey!
I loved this information! Thank you so much. I'm not glad that you felt icky afterwards, but knowing that bit of information is very helpful for me. I don't want to feel yucky.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

If you eat the pizza you won't just gain back the water weight, you will throw yourself out of ketosis. Then you will have to get back into ketosis, which can take a few days. Losing that much ground is not worth it.

When I was in phase 1 I would occasionally have IP friendly "pizza". Check out the recipe threads for some ideas, but basically I made a crust out of eggs, a small amount of pizza sauce I made with tomato sauce, spices and a little splenda, onions, peppers, mushrooms, a few slices of turkey pepperoni chopped up and veggie shreds cheese. I would just really watch the amount of sauce and veggie cheese to keep my overall intake on track.

It's not the same as a regular pizza, but it was close enough to tame those cravings. Just remember, you can't have that pizza right now, but that doesn't mean you will never have pizza again.
Stacey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 175/159/125

I heart pizza too. I am in week four and still have to push myself past all the cheesy goodness of it! I mentioned to my mom how good a NY style mushroom pizza looks and she said "just have a slice after your WI and you won't think about it anymore."
I didn't take that advice cause I am very black & white right now in what I can and can't have. I know me, if I do it once, it will happen again and again. Right now I am working the program and seeing results, I want that to continue. So Pizza Sisters, I hear you and feel your craving. Stay strong.

I will say I have eaten as a snack the chili and it was pretty good. I used celery and made it like a dip and it helped. No cheese though... bummer.
redbugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

FIGHT IT!! Don't do it...I know it's hard...soooo been there. In week 1, someone mentioned Doritos chips and I almost lost my mind I wanted some so bad. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done and my mind sure was playing tricks with me but I fought it and can tell you that I am SO GLAD I did! I had a tea with some splenda and an extra packet and I was good to go. You do not want to undo everything you've already accomplished and one day, that pizza will be yours again, but of course, in moderation
ontariophotogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:34 PM   #9  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

When I have pizza cravings, I make this:

http://escapefromobesity.blogspot.co...wer-pizza.html

It's SO delicious. I was eating it every night the week I discovered it It has lots of protein, too, because of the cheese.
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:58 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadiseFalls View Post

It's SO delicious. I was eating it every night the week I discovered it It has lots of protein, too, because of the cheese.
WOW!!! That looks spectacular! I've saved it to my favorites. THANKS!
Old 03-20-2011, 03:15 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadiseFalls View Post

It looks delicious however cheese isn't IP friendly
ontariophotogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:38 PM   #12  
It's about time

Ahh, sorry! I saw this on the main page and didn't realize it was in the IP section.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:04 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
It looks delicious however cheese isn't IP friendly
Might work with some tweaking. Leave out the cheese, sub in a little bit of veggie cheese, and lots of veggies, maybe. Wondering if the omelette packet could be used in the crust? Or the oatmeal?
blueandwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:59 PM   #14  
It's about time

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandwhite View Post
Might work with some tweaking. Leave out the cheese, sub in a little bit of veggie cheese, and lots of veggies, maybe. Wondering if the omelette packet could be used in the crust? Or the oatmeal?
Does IP have any soups? With Medifast, the tomato soup or the broccoli soup work fantastically as pizza crusts.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:34 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 196/188/125

Height: 5'0"

I've made this without the cheese. It's ok. My new fav pizza recipe is using the crushed cereal packet for the crust. Add egg white, Italian seasoning, 1 Pack TruVia and baking soda. Cooked it in a frying pan. Then topped it with tomato sauce (homemade with no sugar) and veggies. Was really good.
slickmouse is offline   Reply With Quote