Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 12:42 PM   #91  

S/C/G: Restart: 233/ 214/ 170

Height: 5'1

First of all: GREAT JOB COUTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manysizes;
I was a bit disappointed with the -3 loss (but still I'm not complaining) and was wondering if it could be due to my TOM and only 2 bowel movements this past week? Anyone have any thoughts on this? Yay me!
Absolutely! Both of these issues will slow you down or cause you to stall. For the constipation, ask you coach about digestive enzymes and/or novilax. Both ip products that help in this area. You will probably have a big loss next week! Hang in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
My suggestion is using the vanilla RTDs for
your creamer. Every morning I get 4 shots of espresso, 4 pumps of SF vanilla and ice & pour my RTD over the top! I would try to stay away from the FF creamer you found at the grocery store - that is not even dairy - just oil. If I want coffee and not use a packet, then I will get an iced americano with a splash of half & half. Not a huge amount of fat, and less carbs than other kinds of milk.

If you use the pudding powders, it would probably work best to mix some up in your shaker (10-12 oz of water), shake it up and add it premixed to your coffee - I don't know that the powder will break up and that would be a little nasty).
I agree completely! The ready to drink vanilla with espresso makes a phenomenal latte! My husband is in maintenance but he still wants his coffee with the vanilla rtd every day! The dry pudding tastes like adding pancake batter to coffee to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettingItOff View Post
Today is day 6 for me and i feel like I'm still kind of detoxing. Is this normal? I still have the runs and slight gas. I started taking the enzymes yesterday. I'm on the alternative plan phase one but am using all IP products. They sure are expensive! I can't believe one packet is $4!!!!! That's ridiculous. After I lose some weight I'll probably do another program and do portion control.

Another question I have is how can I be sure I'm in Ketosis if I don't do the urine strips? Is it healthy for you to be in Ketosis for a few months?

Thanks for any help.
Having digestive issues is part of adjusting to the diet. The digestive enzymes and novilax help a lot with constipation but sometimes they work too well and I have to go off of them for a day. The gas is a bit different though. Are you eating anything with sugar alcohol in it? Like malitol? Are you not used to eating vegetables? That can cause gas and gloating when you are introducing them for the first time but it will go away.

You'll recognize ketosis by the appearance of slightly bad breath, and your deodorant might seem like it doesnt last all day all of the sudden and of course - the quick weight loss.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:45 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 188/188/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexi3520 View Post
Good Morning
Saturday morning and I am usually by now heading to Tim Horton's for a Double Cream One Sweetner coffee! During the week I relied heavily on coffee with calorie reduced Coffee mate or other powdered creamers. This is probably the number one thing I miss. I just cant get used to drinking my coffee black even though my consultant has turned me on to the Splenda vanilla flavoured sweetner. I came across a product in the dairy section called Fat Free Creamer - breakdown is for 1 tbls (15ml) 15 calories, fat 0.4g; Sugar 1 g: Protein 1 g Anyone have any experience with, advice about or found a 0 0 0 creamer type option? I know it is a texture thing for me.
I mix my coffee in the mornings with chocolate drink mix, so it also doubles as breakfast. This morning I had a IP pancake and coffee so I put WF pancake syrup and a little vanilla RTD into it and it is not bad.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:05 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 201.8/180.8/140

Height: 5'6

Default Thanks for your response

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Hi and welcome!
The first week you'll feel all kinds of things including those that you've mentioned. I promise that after week 1, you'll feel so much better
As for the $4 a packet, I look at it this way....before IP, it was nothing for me to go to Timmie's in the morning, McDonald's in the afternoon and then sometimes even take out at night. Not everyday, but quite often...I was spending WAY MORE than $4 a meal doing that so I actually know that I'm SAVING money by doing this program, along with bettering my health among other things. Really, what can you get for $4 nowadays?

You will know if/when you're in ketosis when the cravings start to go away...you may also experience bad breath, you may feel a burst of energy.. may be restless, and you may get weird metallic taste in your mouth.

I haven't found an exact answer as to how long is safe to be in ketosis but my coach and many articles I've read have said that being in ketosis is in fact safe. I've seen many people on this site who have been doing the program for MONTHS and are not only fine, but in fact, much healthier.

As for the exercise, on this program, no, it will not make you lose faster. And because you're consuming so little calories per day, it's not even advisable, at least in the beginning. You're body, while in ketosis is burning fat, not carbs and if you start to exercise you risk the body starting to look at other areas for fuel which is not what you want right now. Maybe someone else can explain better but that's what I've been told.

Do you have a coach? They can answer many of your concerns as well and they should be more than willing to explain everything to you This board is a GREAT source of support as well and has been somewhat of a lifeline for me throughout this process.

Good luck with everything!!
I see you've been on the program for a month and have a nice weight loss! Congrats! Yea, I still have cravings and some stomach issues. I do have a coach but there's only so much they can answer in a short period of time. Glad to hear you have been able to find such great support here. I was told I could exercise but not to do cardio that raises my heart rate too high. Just wondering if a little helps with the loss process. Not sure I'm in ketosis yet as I still crave things. I'd love to have a McDs right now and or some other great things! Yes, I did spend a lot eating out. Lunch could easily run $10 at my fav Viet place. Love Pho and Viet food. I'll miss it. Definitely not IP friendly.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:08 PM   #94  

Default Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figgypudding View Post
First of all: GREAT JOB COUTS!

Absolutely! Both of these issues will slow you down or cause you to stall. For the constipation, ask you coach about digestive enzymes and/or novilax. Both ip products that help in this area. You will probably have a big loss next week! Hang in there.

I agree completely! The ready to drink vanilla with espresso makes a phenomenal latte! My husband is in maintenance but he still wants his coffee with the vanilla rtd every day! The dry pudding tastes like adding pancake batter to coffee to me.

Having digestive issues is part of adjusting to the diet. The digestive enzymes and novilax help a lot with constipation but sometimes they work too well and I have to go off of them for a day. The gas is a bit different though. Are you eating anything with sugar alcohol in it? Like malitol? Are you not used to eating vegetables? That can cause gas and gloating when you are introducing them for the first time but it will go away.

You'll recognize ketosis by the appearance of slightly bad breath, and your deodorant might seem like it doesnt last all day all of the sudden and of course - the quick weight loss.
I was using my Vitamix but much more veggies than my body was used to probably. I was a major sugar and processed food addict as well. Must be detox, just taking longer for me than most. Thanks for your response.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:12 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
I see you've been on the program for a month and have a nice weight loss! Congrats! Yea, I still have cravings and some stomach issues. I do have a coach but there's only so much they can answer in a short period of time. Glad to hear you have been able to find such great support here. I was told I could exercise but not to do cardio that raises my heart rate too high. Just wondering if a little helps with the loss process. Not sure I'm in ketosis yet as I still crave things. I'd love to have a McDs right now and or some other great things! Yes, I did spend a lot eating out. Lunch could easily run $10 at my fav Viet place. Love Pho and Viet food. I'll miss it. Definitely not IP friendly.
Thank you for the compliment I'm really lucky, I never feel rushed by my coach and she answers all of my questions without making me feel like I'm a pain in the a$$. I can even text her whenever and she gets right back to me, I need to remember not everyone has it so good with their coach.

Perhaps someone else can chime in on the exercise thing because like I said, I've been told not to right now.

I too still occasionally think about and even "want" take out sometimes but it's totally different for me now than the "need" it was before. It actually blows my mind that 4 weeks in and I can so easily just say NO now. I just know that this program doesn't offer any wiggle room when it comes to that stuff which is exactly what I needed. While on WW it was far too easy for me to have a "2 point" bite of this and a "4 point" bite of that and lose track...all the while those "bites" were just making me crave that stuff more. It was a vicious circle.

Remember too that this program has a start and an end and eventually you may be able to allow yourself some of what you've been missing, but in moderation of course. I constantly remind myself of that and it really helps me to keep on going. You CAN do this and in another week or so, you'll believe me
Old 03-19-2011, 01:14 PM   #96  
Started IP Dec 4, 2010

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygal View Post
Just wanted to return the praise for your WI.....that's great and you're just ahead of me. We should try to keep an eye out for each other as we're both at about the same stage.

Where abouts in Ontario are you? Have you had any problems finding Walden Farms products in your area?

Just wanted to send encouragement to ones just starting and say, you'll be amazed how your tastes change and you come to not even wanting some of those cravings. Just wish I could get that burst of energy everyone gets but know I need to get over these viruses that are keeping me down first.

Hugs,

Mary

I'm from Northern Ontario and cannot find anything walden farms related but the following website is great. It's fast and has miracle noodles also. Only takes a few days to get the stuff. I've bought a lot of stuff for myself and friends. www.lowcarbcanada.ca

Quote:
One more question, if you exercise does the weight come off faster? I mean not intense cardio, but keeping my heart rate at about 60% to 65% or so for 15-20 min and some stretching.
I'm not sure what the official response is but a month back I was not losing anymore. After changing and trying all sorts of things, I've found that if I exercise on the weekend with my kids (skating, skiing, sliding) I lose 2-3 poundss 1-2 days later. So now I find things to do with my kids during the weekend. It's someting fun for all of us so it does not feel like exercising.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:25 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 185.6/148/145

Height: 5'9"

Happy Saturday to all......Last night was tough I was craving a drink and a snack, well I guess you could say not craving but just "wanting" I didn't do it I held tough and made a cup of hot tea with a little sf Van in it and moved on. I'm not one to cheat, I have had 2 days where I had planned off protocol days (not even days really more like evenings) and returned to 100% the next day. I don't want to make a habit of this because it truly does mess up the weight loss for the entire week.

I have been at 153.5 all week and this morning 152.5 .....I'm so excited it's almost time for phase 2 but more then that....could I actually see the 140's I haven't seen them in almost 20 years. Every Time I have dieted in the past I have never gotten below 153....HOLLY MOLLY this is such a motivator, I will probably break out in tears the day it goes below the 50's....

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and sticks to the program.

RONDAR....where r u??? I thought we were doing the 150's together??? I hope everything is ok!!!!!
Old 03-19-2011, 01:42 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandwhite View Post
Good morning, everyone!

Yesterday someone posted a link to a site that lists nutritional info of veggies, and most are for 1/4 lb. Would that be roughly the same as 1/2 cup or am I really mixed up here? If it is about the same, then according to that my veggies are adding up to close to 25 grams of carbs per day. I have seen in a few places on the threads that IP protocol is to keep carbs under 30 ( I haven't seen anything official saying this, just in peoples posts). If both of these things are accurate, there's no way I'm staying under 30, even if I used no restricted packets, and I usually do.

As I've never counted carbs before this diet, I really don't have a frame of reference for this. Anyone have some wisdom to share about all of this?
I searched & found other sites that measure the carbs in 1/2 cup amounts and the numbers are much lower. Thank goodness!
Old 03-19-2011, 02:09 PM   #99  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephine216 View Post
I'm from Northern Ontario and cannot find anything walden farms related but the following website is great. It's fast and has miracle noodles also. Only takes a few days to get the stuff. I've bought a lot of stuff for myself and friends. www.lowcarbcanada.ca

I'm not sure what the official response is but a month back I was not losing anymore. After changing and trying all sorts of things, I've found that if I exercise on the weekend with my kids (skating, skiing, sliding) I lose 2-3 poundss 1-2 days later. So now I find things to do with my kids during the weekend. It's someting fun for all of us so it does not feel like exercising.
Thanks for your response. I have physical therapy exercises and bicycling since I have really bad arthritic knees. I just want to continue using my bike.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:57 PM   #100  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandwhite View Post
Good morning, everyone!

Yesterday someone posted a link to a site that lists nutritional info of veggies, and most are for 1/4 lb. Would that be roughly the same as 1/2 cup or am I really mixed up here? If it is about the same, then according to that my veggies are adding up to close to 25 grams of carbs per day. I have seen in a few places on the threads that IP protocol is to keep carbs under 30 ( I haven't seen anything official saying this, just in peoples posts). If both of these things are accurate, there's no way I'm staying under 30, even if I used no restricted packets, and I usually do.

As I've never counted carbs before this diet, I really don't have a frame of reference for this. Anyone have some wisdom to share about all of this?
DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE CARBS FOLLOW THE PROGRAM! IT'S THAT SIMPLE!
Old 03-19-2011, 04:05 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 208/185/150

Thumbs up Pudding Powders

You asked about how I mixed the puddings to go in coffee.....I always mix the pudding in the shaker first with extra water.....the amount is dependent on how thick (rich) you want the taste or if you're satisfied with more to go in coffee, using more water in the mix. I can say, though, that I've never mixed it with 10-12 oz. of water.....usually less......but that's me.

I have done a bit of experimenting with it and have found it works best if I warm the pudding mix in the microwave for about 20 sec. (after pouring into my cup) and then adding my coffee. This seems to enable the pudding mix to better stir into the coffee.

There are numerous ways to give yourself a real treat using different mixes and coffee.....they're listed in some of the posts and some are in the recipe section. Play with the products, try some of the recipes of others who have come before us and enjoy the ride. Believe me, it's well worth it!

Hugs,

Mary
Old 03-19-2011, 04:13 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 208/185/150

Red face Hey Stacy

How kewl that we're so close to each other. It should be fun watching out for each other.

I actually go to my chiropractor's office in Grimsby for the program and they have a good coach there as well. He just started offering it in Jan. and I started in Feb. Where, on Ontario St. is it offered here? I saw it was there but don't remembering seeing what type of facility it was. I'm curious because I have a couple of friends at work that are interested and they'd be better served here in St. Catharines. I really don't care where they go, just want them to experience the results.

Does Walmart have a better selection than Metro? They seem a little limited in their selection of dressings and a few other things. That's where I've been getting mine so far, though. And, do you go to Buffalo or Niagara Falls? I'm going over fairly soon and it will help to know where to look.

Great to make your acquaintance and I'd love to see more of your photography.....do you ever show it?

Hugs,

Mary
Old 03-19-2011, 04:17 PM   #103  

I found these fact sheets in an old post from last year.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Nutritional Fact Sheet[1].pdf (16.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: pdf IP Ingredients[1].pdf (503.1 KB, 13 views)
Old 03-19-2011, 04:30 PM   #104  
I have HOPE!

S/C/G: 290/254.5/170

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Morning everyone

After reading the numerous posts about calorie/carb counting lately, I couldn't agree with the above more. Trust the program! There's no need to count anything, IP has already done all of that for us, you're just creating more stress and work for yourselves. I know part of the reason I personally chose this program was because of the convenience of not having to count anything (except making sure my meat and veggies were weighed correctly). If you stay on protocol and follow the program as designed, it will work. I'm only just over 4 weeks into this and I can already truly say that. There are all kinds of ways to break the program down, going to other websites, trying to figure things out but really, why would you want to? My solution for variety that sometimes, feels like I'm "cheating" is to go to the recipe thread and seek out new ways to stay OP while trying new ways to incorporate the standards IP sets. I can tell you I've had the big mac in a bowl 3 days in a row now and it DOES feel like I'm cheating BUT I know I'm not and that feels great

Once again too, I'll share what my coach told me and it has helped me immensely....get rid of the home scale. Trust the program and yourself and you WILL see results on that one scale, rather than worrying about why you're finding a difference between scales. Again, you're just creating more worry and work for yourselves, but believe me, I know where you're coming from in wanting to see daily movement downward. It's a tough habit to break but I've done it and now I pay attention to how my clothes are feeling, rather than a daily # on my home scale

NSV for me today...my dad has been on me for a long time about my weight. In a "tough love" kind of way, but nonetheless, I always told him I would do it when I was ready. I haven't seen him since starting IP and made my daughter and brother promise not to tell him anything. I saw him this morning for the first time since starting and I was thrilled that he noticed IMMEDIATELY. He patted me on the back and kissed me on the forehead and told me he was proud of me. Exactly the reaction I was hoping for

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend, I'm off to take the kiddies to Disney on Ice and I'll be bringing along my cheese puffs to keep me busy
Thanks for the encouragement! I am staying on protocol and though I'm still hungry (4 days in now) I think my body will adjust soon and I too am grateful I don't have to count or measure aside from my meat and veggies. That's so helpful to me! Quick question (and I'd know if I was more versed in this website): where can I find the recipe for the Big Mac in a bowl? Have a great weekend!!!
Old 03-19-2011, 05:06 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygal View Post
How kewl that we're so close to each other. It should be fun watching out for each other.

I actually go to my chiropractor's office in Grimsby for the program and they have a good coach there as well. He just started offering it in Jan. and I started in Feb. Where, on Ontario St. is it offered here? I saw it was there but don't remembering seeing what type of facility it was. I'm curious because I have a couple of friends at work that are interested and they'd be better served here in St. Catharines. I really don't care where they go, just want them to experience the results.

Does Walmart have a better selection than Metro? They seem a little limited in their selection of dressings and a few other things. That's where I've been getting mine so far, though. And, do you go to Buffalo or Niagara Falls? I'm going over fairly soon and it will help to know where to look.

Great to make your acquaintance and I'd love to see more of your photography.....do you ever show it?

Hugs,

Mary
For sure! The coach in St. Catharines works out of a studio on St. Paul, not on Ontario. If you want, you or your friends can email me at haybag22 at hotmail.com and I can give out the number to contact.

I did find that Walmart did have a better selection than Metro and it was cheaper too. I go to Buffalo once every couple of weeks.

If you look in my signature, there's a link to my photography website or feel free to add me to facebook as that's where you'll find my most recent work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugadiva View Post
Thanks for the encouragement! I am staying on protocol and though I'm still hungry (4 days in now) I think my body will adjust soon and I too am grateful I don't have to count or measure aside from my meat and veggies. That's so helpful to me! Quick question (and I'd know if I was more versed in this website): where can I find the recipe for the Big Mac in a bowl? Have a great weekend!!!
You're welcome!. Here's the recipe for the big mac in a bowl...only thing I do is substitute spinach for the lettuce so it counts as my veg

* 1/2 pound raw ground beef, about 5 1/2 ounces cooked weight or 153 grams cooked *
* Salt and pepper, to taste
* 1 teaspoon minced dry onions
* 46 grams dill pickle slices or 2 dill spears, chopped, about 1 5/8 ounces
* 2 tablespoons WF Thousand Island Dressing
* 1 1/2 ounces iceberg lettuce, shredded

Brown the ground beef, drain off any fat, season with salt and pepper.. Meanwhile, soak the dry onions in a little water to rehydrate them. Put the meat in a large salad bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Toss and eat at once.
Closed Thread