Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 06:38 PM   #46  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Alright....let's both committ to being good with no cheats this weekend. I have been having a cheat every weekend since the beginning of February and I just need to be done with this...12 pounds to go out of the 76 I wanted to lose. I was ready to quit and have a cheat dinner tonight about an hour ago, but I am off the ledge and prepared to be good.

I am having the same problem...I cheat one night and spend the rest of the week being perfect, but struggling to undo the damage of that night (and not to mention the pain of getting back into ketosis).

I am determined to make it through this weekend...let's check in with each other.
I will commit to no cheating this weekend as well. GOOD LUCK!!! We can do this.

Last edited by mepeterson; 03-18-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:40 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Well I just got back from WI#17 and my first one since starting phase 2. I lost -6.0 lbs and -2.0 inches that is a total of -88.4 lbs and -57.5 inches since starting IP. I love this program. Like my ticker shows I am first and goal from the 7 and looking for a touchdown. Have a great weekend all you IP Champions.
Wow!! You sir are an inspiration
Old 03-18-2011, 06:41 PM   #48  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Quote:
Well I just got back from WI#17 and my first one since starting phase 2. I lost -6.0 lbs and -2.0 inches that is a total of -88.4 lbs and -57.5 inches since starting IP. I love this program. Like my ticker shows I am first and goal from the 7 and looking for a touchdown. Have a great weekend all you IP Champions.
that is just wonderful!!! congrats to you!!!
Old 03-18-2011, 06:42 PM   #49  

Low Carb Veggie Recipes:

Try this great link which gives you all the carb counts and other nutritional information in their veggie recipes. They have a special section on low carb:

http://aveggieventuresrecipebox.blog...e-recipes.html
Old 03-18-2011, 08:03 PM   #50  

S/C/G: Weight loss goal 60 pounds

hello fellow IPers. Day three of the novi cleanse for me not sure if it is the cleanse or just a bug but I am not feeling so hot today felt like I had a fever this morning and had some D (almost went home but the joys of being a social worker wouldn't allow me....damn crisis!). I started feeling a bit better by the mid afternoon but now I have a MASSIVE headache (which might be more related to dealing with the crisis haha). on the plus side the scale is being nice to me today hopefully it doesn't become a giant jerk by next WI!
Old 03-18-2011, 08:24 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 182/182/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Hi all
I am part way through week #1. so far I am pretty happy.
Do any of you track your calories??? I do and see no possible way to get to 1000 calories and stay at around 30 g of carbs. Am I missing something??
Where do you track the calories? I use ************.com I think the highest my carbs have been is 36. Feel free to add me as a friend if yo use ************. I have my food diary open so it can be viewed by friends.

Last edited by Jewels09; 03-18-2011 at 08:26 PM. Reason: I did not realize you cannot say my fitness pal without spaces. :-) I use my same user name. Jewels09
Old 03-18-2011, 08:50 PM   #52  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewels09 View Post
Where do you track the calories? I use ************.com I think the highest my carbs have been is 36. Feel free to add me as a friend if yo use ************. I have my food diary open so it can be viewed by friends.
I use livestrong website. Highest carbs around 35. Calories between 700 and 900 daily.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:57 PM   #53  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manysizes View Post
Low Carb Veggie Recipes:

Try this great link which gives you all the carb counts and other nutritional information in their veggie recipes. They have a special section on low carb:

http://aveggieventuresrecipebox.blog...e-recipes.html
Their idea of low carbs is 32 per serving???????
Old 03-18-2011, 09:08 PM   #54  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Thanks for all the comments on my WI today it just shows that we all can do this and it works keep it up all you IP Champions.
I'm sorry I'm so late mentioning this, but I celebrated your birthday on the same day as my son's. I think you are one of the most, if not the most, successful persons on this program; and probably the most modest.

Last edited by Linden; 03-18-2011 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:10 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 208/185/150

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up Way to go Stacy!

Just wanted to return the praise for your WI.....that's great and you're just ahead of me. We should try to keep an eye out for each other as we're both at about the same stage.

Where abouts in Ontario are you? Have you had any problems finding Walden Farms products in your area?

Just wanted to send encouragement to ones just starting and say, you'll be amazed how your tastes change and you come to not even wanting some of those cravings. Just wish I could get that burst of energy everyone gets but know I need to get over these viruses that are keeping me down first.

Hugs,

Mary
Old 03-18-2011, 09:39 PM   #56  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandwhite View Post
Ok, I'm having a scale crisis. ... But, when my coach weighed me, it showed I had gained 1 lb, and I weighed TEN POUNDS more than on my scale at home.

I can't tell you what that did to my mind. I started the day so happy, and even though nothing really had changed, I was devastated, angry, and confused. The coach had nothing helpful to say, assuming I was off protocol, when it actually had been my strictest week.
Stop torturing yourself! I asked my husband to hide our scale and he did...best decision I ever made. Doing IP is hard (but worthwhile). Don't make it harder than it has to be. Keep your journal, trust the program, it works.

Quote:
When I went shopping for my IP products yesterday, the coach gave me a packet of chili which I saw was 14g of carbohydrates! I am only in week 2 and I thought it was a bit early for so many carbs in a meal. I'm going low carb shopping this weekend and in the store they have bagels that I thought I would try instead of having the chili for lunch. Here are the specs for the bagels:

Nutrition Facts: per 1/2 Bagel Calories 60 Fat 0g Saturated Fat 0g TransFat 0g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 20mg Carbohydrate 7g Fiber 7g Sugar 0g Protein 6g

I can supplement the protein with pure protein powder but I'm wondering if the Fibre should count as carbohydrate too which would bring in up to 14g of carbs. Still, I would prefer to have a 1/2 bagel which has more fibre than a IP bar so it might be worth it. I wouldn't start eating them until week 3 as my coach said not to add too many carbs until then. I know its off-protocol but as far as my body goes - it won't be able to tell the difference between an IP bar and a bagel.
Bear in mind that you are pretty early on in your program and you are now officially leaving IP protocol. While those numbers may be the same, you still need to add that other protein (which I assume adds carbs and calories) and what it might be missing are the amino acids and other nutrients that IP puts in its foods to be sure you are getting what you need. Also, the point of IP is to give your pancreas a rest, which allows it to work better when you go back on regular foods. There is no way to predict what swapping in such a different food source will do---even if it is 7 grams of fiber. If you don't want the chili, don't eat it (I never did). But as soon as you "go maverick" you are adding a measure of unknown to both your weight loss and your health on the program. If you know the program works (and has all kinds of science and research behind it) why do you want to second guess that and possibly sabotage yourself?
Old 03-18-2011, 11:23 PM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
Stop torturing yourself! I asked my husband to hide our scale and he did...best decision I ever made. Doing IP is hard (but worthwhile). Don't make it harder than it has to be. Keep your journal, trust the program, it works.

Bear in mind that you are pretty early on in your program and you are now officially leaving IP protocol. While those numbers may be the same, you still need to add that other protein (which I assume adds carbs and calories) and what it might be missing are the amino acids and other nutrients that IP puts in its foods to be sure you are getting what you need. Also, the point of IP is to give your pancreas a rest, which allows it to work better when you go back on regular foods. There is no way to predict what swapping in such a different food source will do---even if it is 7 grams of fiber. If you don't want the chili, don't eat it (I never did). But as soon as you "go maverick" you are adding a measure of unknown to both your weight loss and your health on the program. If you know the program works (and has all kinds of science and research behind it) why do you want to second guess that and possibly sabotage yourself?
Mostly I am concerned about the lack of fiber. My coach told me that the IP diet was very constipating and, for myself, I've found that to be very true. I never had the problem with constipation before I started IP. I do drink close to 100 oz of water daily, eat all the roughage in the form of vegetables and actually take fibre pills and now IP laxatives to get things moving but still it's not working out and I would prefer not to feel bloated all the time. After some thought, I think your right and I not going to have the bagels but they have peaked my interested for later phases of the program. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:27 PM   #58  
Start IP 3/9/11

S/C/G: 215 /167.4 /130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewels09 View Post
I would love to have some IP friends on
my fitness pal dot c o m.
My user name is the same there as it is here.
Jewels, I sent you an friend invite.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:28 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Their idea of low carbs is 32 per serving???????
I'm confused. I checked out the site again and in the "simple side dishes" recipes, there are many recipes whose net carbs are from 3-7 net carbs. Also there are lots of other recipes on there in the other recipes that are very low carb. You can actually search the vegetable that you want to cook with. Where did you find the recipe that said it was 32 carbs net per serving? I couldn't find it.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:37 PM   #60  
Start IP 3/9/11

S/C/G: 215 /167.4 /130

Quote:
I'm confused. I checked out the site again and in the "simple side dishes" recipes, there are many recipes whose net carbs are from 3-7 net carbs. Also there are lots of other recipes on there in the other recipes that are very low carb. You can actually search the vegetable that you want to cook with. Where did you find the recipe that said it was 32 carbs net per serving? I couldn't find it.
Can any one tell me the range of net carbs we are supposed to stay within?
I know the calories are between 800-1000. I find that my foods for the day always are in the 800-somethings or less. I'm just not sure how many NET carbs I should be shooting for.
Closed Thread