Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 01:17 AM   #136  

S/C/G: Weight loss goal 60 pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by calival View Post
Ouick question: With regards to the listerine use, I am curious about when to expect the side effect of "bad" breath. Is this something everyone experiences? Does it mean that you are not in ketosis if you do not suffer this side effect?
Apparently not everyone experiences bad breath hopefully you are one of them! I am not unfortunately my husband is always complaining about my breath and I am sure its stinky for other ppl as well. I use listerine strips to help, hasn't affected anything. You gotta do something! I'm sure I am quickly becoming "that girl with the bad breath!" but I will deal with it as long as I am loosing weight
Old 03-20-2011, 01:17 AM   #137  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugadiva View Post
Thank you, sounds delicious, I will see if my coach has thousand island....have a great weekend!
if your coach doesn't have any look up walden farms for calgary, I think there is one on the south side by one of the malls and one somewhere on the north.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:21 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 228/228/150

Height: 5'1"

Default Exercise

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
I have lost a quick 30 lbs, and now my skin is not fitting my body. Is anyone else having this problem? It's making me crazy, I want to start exercise so that I can possibly tone up!
Any advice?
Thanks,
Mary
Hi Mary,
I had responded to your exercise request on the challenge page, but we must be playing thread tag. I think the callenetics exercise program is FANTASTIC for toning. It is repetative gentle movements that are hard but controlled. It is the best toning out there in my opinion. Please ck it out and let me know what you think. I'm thinking there needs to be a balance between quick weight loss and exercise. I would hope as we listen to our bodies and balance exercise and weight loss they should catch up with eachother.I'll look for you on the daily thread. Yes, I would like to start next week. You said you will swim (Loved your cork comment!) and I will be walking on the treadmill or around the neighborhood. Also, once I find where I stuffed the callenetics dvd I will start that again. Have not done it for years, but it does work wonders. The book has before and after photos, hopefully a website does too, have not ck'd for a website yet as I have the book. Callen Pickney is the gal who developed callenetics, she had structure issues that pushed her into creating this form of exercise.

Last edited by thumper; 03-20-2011 at 01:23 AM.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:47 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 186/150/130

Height: 5'3" 1/2

I hope someone can give me some advice for hunger. My husband and I have been doing IP for 5 weeks now. He seems to be hungry all the time except after our main protein meal at dinner. He has 3 IP meals and 1 restricted bar (IP or an low carb Atkins). We've dicussed his problem and he feels some of it might be mental but most is physical. He doesn't feel satisfied on this plan but don't know what to do about it.

Do you think he needs to eat another IP pack? He eats the salad but he really doesn't like the WF dressing...just tolerates it. I appreciate any feedback.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:52 AM   #140  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
I think the callenetics exercise program is FANTASTIC for toning. It is repetative gentle movements that are hard but controlled. It is the best toning out there in my opinion. Please ck it out and let me know what you think. I'm thinking there needs to be a balance between quick weight loss and exercise. I would hope as we listen to our bodies and balance exercise and weight loss they should catch up with eachother.I'll look for you on the daily thread. Yes, I would like to start next week. You said you will swim (Loved your cork comment!) and I will be walking on the treadmill or around the neighborhood. Also, once I find where I stuffed the callenetics dvd I will start that again. Have not done it for years, but it does work wonders. The book has before and after photos, hopefully a website does too, have not ck'd for a website yet as I have the book. Callen Pickney is the gal who developed callenetics, she had structure issues that pushed her into creating this form of exercise.

I am so glad to hear you have had success with callenetics!! I had never heard of this type of exercise until a friend mentioned it just last week (where was I in the 80"s when this was popular I ask you - LOL)?? She has been doing them for years (was told about them from her doctor to help with back pain). She says that the results are quick and amazing!

I just ordered a DVD from Ebay yesterday!! In the meantime she has taught me a couple of exercises.... really hoping these will help with toning!!

Thanks for your post!!
Old 03-20-2011, 08:59 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 271/257/185

Height: 5'11

I'm wondering, has anyone else used Psyllium husks while on the IP diet for an additional source of fiber?
Old 03-20-2011, 09:56 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieA View Post
I hope someone can give me some advice for hunger. My husband and I have been doing IP for 5 weeks now. He seems to be hungry all the time except after our main protein meal at dinner. He has 3 IP meals and 1 restricted bar (IP or an low carb Atkins). We've dicussed his problem and he feels some of it might be mental but most is physical. He doesn't feel satisfied on this plan but don't know what to do about it.

Do you think he needs to eat another IP pack? He eats the salad but he really doesn't like the WF dressing...just tolerates it. I appreciate any feedback.
I am no expert but my coach tells me not to be hungry and that I could add extra celery, an extra dill pickle, hard boiled egg (preferably only the whites) or slices of lean cooked ham or turkey (but this was only recommended for the first two weeks... however, you could maybe try and as long as he is still losing weight, I don't see the harm).

I make my own salad dressing, maybe your husband would like this better: equal parts olive oil and apple cider vinegar and add a touch of dijon mustard, sea salt, a drop of lemon, a touch of minced garlic and any other seasonings that you like (basil, oregano, parsley). Just whisk together (or use your shaker). It does not keep well, so only make small amounts at a time.

From reading on this board, I have seen that some people find that the bars make them more hungry or give them more cravings... could this be your husband's case? Maybe try a salty snack instead (salt & vinegar or BBQ ridges?) or some other packet.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:56 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 164.6/138.5/135

Height: 5'7"

Good morning fellow IP'ers!

NSV: Yesterday I went shopping, I had a HUGE problem... Everything was looking great on me!!! I used to almost cry before in the cabine, but yesterday I had a huge smile on my face and I bought some size 8 pants.. WOW that's a big thing for me, since most of my weight is in the bottom. I also bought on a very big sale (10$) very cute pants a size lower! They are now my goal pants!

I used to have goal pants, but I now fit very well in those (even a bit big hihihi!!) so I have my ultimate goal pants.

Hopefully Beginning of May I will be running around in those! Have a beautiful day to all of you! We can do this!
Old 03-20-2011, 10:04 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa333 View Post

NSV: Yesterday I went shopping, I had a HUGE problem... Everything was looking great on me!!! I used to almost cry before in the cabine, but yesterday I had a huge smile on my face and I bought some size 8 pants.. WOW that's a big thing for me, since most of my weight is in the bottom. I also bought on a very big sale (10$) very cute pants a size lower! They are now my goal pants!

I used to have goal pants, but I now fit very well in those (even a bit big hihihi!!) so I have my ultimate goal pants.

Hopefully Beginning of May I will be running around in those! Have a beautiful day to all of you! We can do this!
Congratulations on the NSV! Yay!!! How exciting for you!!! That is so amazing and such a great feeling!

I can't wait to go down a pant size! That will be so amazing!

I am just about one week into this and already my yoga pants are getting very loose around the waist... so maybe it won't be long until I go down a size! My favorite store these days is Reitmans (I don't want to spend too much because I want to outgrow them quickly). A year ago, I went from size 16-18 ("taille Plus") to the size that I am currently wearing - size 15 (could be 14-15 at other stores). Next stop: size 13! Just before starting IP, I went down a shirt size and a bra size, so I am not expecting that to go down again anytime soon but you just never know! ...this part of things is so exciting!

BTW, I think we would get along great because I am a bargain shopper too! I am looking forward to being able to shop at Dynamite! I have one dress from them and I just love it and I've seen some pretty nice stuff there recently but I resisted any urge to buy because I knew I was going to be doing this diet.

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 03-20-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:06 AM   #145  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:

Yay, yay, yay!!! I am so happy for you!!!! I have felt that feeling before....can't wait to feel it again!!
Old 03-20-2011, 10:53 AM   #146  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieA View Post

Carrie ... I did IP last summer and early fall quite successfully, I might add. I lurk occasionally on the weekends and your post had me log in!

He's probably not getting enough food, plain and simple. Some coaches are terribly under-trained and don't understand that modifications can be made -- and often need to be made -- to the program for some people. It is **lunacy** to think that a 5'2" women whose optimal weight is 110 lbs with 97 lbs lean body mass needs the same amount of protein to maintain her body mass as a 5'11" man whose optimal weight is probably around 170 and LBM = 145 lbs, almost 50 lbs more LBM than the 5'2" woman. And yet, that is probably what some IP coaches are telling men and possibly some women are suggesting for their male partners.

Putting my away. Because of my height, my lean body mass (muscle, bone, water, organs, etc.) is more than many women's goal weight. Most men are the same. I almost never had fewer than 4 IP packets + meat/fish/poultry meal daily + 1 egg + additional oil. Some days I had 5 packets.

That's one idea -- more IP packets. Another would be to try a phase 2 approach for a few weeks --food (not packet) protein at lunch and dinner. He should also be trying to find the amount of food protein that satisfies him -- is it 6 oz? 8 oz? (probably not 4 or 5, )

Wishing him a speedy solution to his hunger!
Old 03-20-2011, 12:09 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:

Congrats on your "problem"! Isn't it an amazing feeling to go into a clothing store and actually ENJOY it? Besides the scale going down for me, this part of it has been the BEST. I can't wait to continue coming down in size and keep going in to experiment to see what size I am next Before, I was terrified to buy anything new because I always knew there was a chance I was going UP a size...not now

Took my kids to Disney on Ice last night and noticed 2 amazing things....I fit into the arena seats better than I normally would have AND the size 18 pants I bought (for 10.00 as I'm a bargain shopper too) were falling down on me! My daughter thought it was hilarious and kept telling me how proud she is of me and she's only 11. What a great feeling Oh, and I have to tell you, holding onto my son's popcorn and cotton candy while he took off his coat wasn't necessarily easy but I'm still shocked at how much will power I suddenly have 4 weeks into this....NEVER thought that would happen.

Have a beautiful Sunday everyone!
Old 03-20-2011, 12:35 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 201.8/180.8/140

Height: 5'6

Default One Week Today!!!!!!

Yippee!!! I made it this far! Eight pounds lighter and most of the sugar cravings are gone. Took communion at church, hopefully it won't affect anything. The wafers are super small and the juice wasn't even 1/2 ounce. So I cut out one piece of fruit this morning, just had one small kiwi. Starting to feel better. I was taking my last calcium supplement too late at night and moved it up because I take medicine for hypothyroidism (Levothyroxine) at night and you're not supposed to take it within 4 hours of any calcium supplement. I used to take it in the morning first thing, but studies have shown it's more effective to take it at night. Before the program, I was having more energy. I think part of my being tired was taking calcium too close to bedtime.

Thanks for all the support here! Tomorrow I get to start my second week!!!!
Old 03-20-2011, 12:57 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Hope everyone is enjoying the nice sun, even here in Canada spring is on the way

Was wondering if anyone was having trouble with turnip/rutabega.
Most grocery stores here sell them as the same item, its rare I find the smaller turnip. I notice when I peel them, the turnip feels like an apple, a little more wet, and the turnip is more dry less crispy. I asked the man at the grocery section why they didnt have any turnip. He told rutabega was the same thing. I didnt want to explain to him the for dieters there is a difference. lol
Old 03-20-2011, 01:02 PM   #150  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default Well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteandcute View Post
I just finished reading todays post. I don't want to quote anyone today. It was good to see old friends on here today. Welcome to all the new people. I liked the beautiful photos some have posted. If any of the comments I make help or encourage you, fine; if they don't leave them be, maybe they are for someone else. I am on phase 4, so I have been here for a while. I don't know everything, but I have learned a few things. This journey is unique. A lot of things change in your life other than your weight, I have found those changes to be for the good. I have enjoyed this journey, the easy days and the difficult ones. I would not take anything for this experience and it is far from over. You may be thinking will it get easier, will my body ever look great, will I have to eat like this forever, wow what is this costing me, the questions go on and on almost every day. Yes, there are even more questions and thoughts; too many to list. Well, let me tell you, at the end of the day it all works out. I know everyone has difficult situations to deal with, but remember we are all in the same boat. Just think there will come a day when you get to the shore and step out of the boat in a beautiful slender body. I realize that others don't always seem to notice the change in our body or seem to care. Consider the rough days as a learning experience. Dwell on the days that you are amazed at yourself and the changes that are taking place right in front of your eyes. I am sooooo happy to be rid of all that fat that was on my body. I may not be cute, I may not be beautiful, I may not be young, but I am not fat. I am very happy. Judy

Well said. Thank you for the perspective. I think one of the great things about this site is that there are so many people at all different stages of the diet. I can remember my first visit to my coach... I was terrified I would hate the food. I was scared about the prospect of ketosis. I really didn't know if the diet was "for me". Even now, after three weigh ins, I wonder about certain things. Here, I can gain wisdom from the many kind people who have dealt with all the things that I am dealing with now. I have a small amount of wisdom to share with those just starting. I can also learn from them, as everyone has a slightly different experience and bodies react differently to the diet. Most of all, I am not struggling alone. And I am not celebrating alone when things go right. For this, I am very grateful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
I asked my coach and YES we can now have 8oz of protein (meats). That is sooooo exciting; but is that for all of the above or just the beef/chicken/pork and the fish is even higher? Fish was 7oz before. Any input?
Check out Phases thread. The most up to date protocol is posted there. Fish and seafood are now same as meat. Some changes to veggies.

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 03-20-2011 at 01:05 PM.
Closed Thread