3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

can't find the recipe for crispy cereal pancakes

Old 08-29-2011, 01:19 PM   #31

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettingItOff View Post
So we are allowed to add other items like egg whites to our food? I didn't think we could. That pancake sounds delish and if it's on program, I'd like to try that!
It depends on what you add. Most coaches allow for an extra egg white. Some recommend taking it away from your dinner meal so instead of having 8 ounces of meat you could have 6 ounces. If you normally are only doing 5 ounces of meat a day then you would not normally have a problem adding a single egg white to your day. (remember we are allowed up to 8 ounces of meat protein a day)

Quote:
I went to my WI yesterday and my coach said no. She reiterated that the program is scientifically based and when we keep adding or subtracting things we compromise our results, which, makes sense.
The coach is right in many respects and, I think I do agree with her that to guarantee the similar results of the program you must do the program as it is written. However, each person also has a different response to the diet and it is possible some people would be fine adding the egg and have the same kind of results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megabismom View Post
I asked my coach about these and she said NO! She said the vanilla extract has sugar. I was so sad. She said if its NOT on the sheet we gave you then you can't have it.
Just be cautious on what you use but, You can find vanilla that is appropriate with this protocol.

My Progress Photos

Taking this 10 pounds at a time!

You have to choose - eat how you want to look, or look how you want to eat...
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:32 PM   #32

S/C/G: 312/274/180

Height: 5'9"

Here's some real life pix! Just made them yesterday after reading Jordanna's rave about them... couldnt wait to try them and they were delicious, thick, american style pancakes (ie, not crepes).

"NON-RESTRICTED" PANCAKES:
Sit down to a hot, sweet, short stack of thick American Pancakes....and still be able to choose a restricted IP food later in the day!

Ideal Protein has 2 pancake packages (Choc chip & Orange), but both are considered restricted products. Meaning that if you have it, you cant have one of the bars or chili or oatmeal as well in the same day.

One clever way to "have your cake and eat it too" is to make pancakes from another non-restricted IP product... The Crispy Cereal!

IDEAL PROTEIN NON-RESTRICTED PANCAKES:
Ingredients:
1 pkg IP Crispy Cereal, crunched up (I roll with a rolling pin while still in the package)
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla
Cinnamon & Nutmeg, to taste

Directions:
Beat together in small bowl the following:
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp vanilla

Add in to cereal pkg the following:
1/4 tsp baking powder
Cinnamon
Nutmeg

Pour dry mix in to egg white mixture and combine.
Cook in pan as you would pancakes. (Non-stick pan or spray with PAM or other cooking spray)

I spray the pancakes with a squirt of the zero calorie/ zero carb / zero fat "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" (Ordered from ebay since they dont have it in my country) for that hot buttered taste of real pancakes.

Makes 3 - 4 small, but thick American-style pancakes. Sweet enough to eat without any other topping, but if you have the Ideal Protein Maple Syrup, use that.

Really good.

Would also recommend playing around with the various Stevia flavors like Chocolate Raspberry, Valencia Orange, English Toffee, Apricot Nectar, or Berry.
FinnSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:06 PM   #33

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnSteven View Post

Would also recommend playing around with the various Stevia flavors like Chocolate Raspberry, Valencia Orange, English Toffee, Apricot Nectar, or Berry.
I think the lemon stevia or lemon extract would be very tasty in this batter.

I wonder if you added shredded zucchini to this batter if you could make a crispy zucchini cake?

My Progress Photos

Taking this 10 pounds at a time!

You have to choose - eat how you want to look, or look how you want to eat...
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:12 PM   #34

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by locks View Post
I take the whole silver package, and roll a hard glass back and forth, shake it up, roll again untill I hear no more cracking. Then mix the backing power and some splenda. The egg white I mix with some water, and almond extract then mix with the dry part. If it looks too thick I had more water. It makes one big pancake for me. Some make three smaller ones. I use the whole package it’s a powered mix when I am done.
I always make things difficult for myself, I pour mine in a Ziploc to pound it. I don't know why it never occurred to me to do it in the silver package! thanks.

I just loooove these, I gave the recipe to my coach and the clinic owner and they love it and printed it out for clients.
adding water definitely helps with the rubber problem. and I found Vanilla extract made with no corn syrup! woohoo. I use 2 egg whites and I make these pancakes on Saturday morning and on Sunday mornings. egg whites are allowed says my coach. I have 4 a week. weight and inches has been coming off great.

I like to warn WF syrup and mix it with Can't believe it's not butter spray, the melted butter taste combine with syrup reminds me of childhood. makes me look forward to weekends!

“In order to change we must be sick and tired of being sick and tired.”

“Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.”

"Don't sacrifice your future for a momentary pleasure"

“Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.”

Got to get the Broccoli Boys back (one for each 5lbs!):
leganegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:39 PM   #35
Started IP July 21, 2011

S/C/G: 168/143.8/140

Height: 5'4.5"

Wow! I'm going to get some crispy cereal this week, those pancakes look delicious! I've stayed away from it because I tried to eat it as cereal once with water added and gagged!! But the pancake I could do and would love. Thanks for the idea! I love that it's nonrestricted!

Last edited by soccermom9799 : 08-29-2011 at 03:40 PM.
soccermom9799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:15 PM   #36

S/C/G: 312/274/180

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post

I wonder if you added shredded zucchini to this batter if you could make a crispy zucchini cake?
I bet the shredded zucchini with the lemon would be fantastic. Wondering if more water should be added though? Probably?
FinnSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:22 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post

I've done it with the crepe package but never with the crispy cereal....might try that tomorrow and report back!

or you can check me out on facebook: Memoirs of a Fat Kid

20 lbs to Christmas Challenge!

jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:27 PM   #38

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Height: 5'5"

I have tried all kinds of extracts/stevia combinations with these.

So far my favorite one has coconut extract and cinnamon + stevia(I just like this combination )

Also I tried it with raspberry extract and raspberry-chocolate stevia and it's one of my faves as well.

The way I do it is I just put it all into a small blender (a "bullet" kind of thing) for a few secs and then into the pan.

IP WI#1 -7 WI#2 -2 WI #3 -3.5 WI#4 -1.5 WI#5 -1.0
WI #6 -2.5 WI #7 & #8 (combined) -6 WI#9 -1.5 WI#10 -2.0 WI#11 -1.5 WI #12 -1.5 WI# 13 -2.0
WI#14 -0 WI#15 -3.0 WI#16 -1.5 WI#17 -1.5 WI#18 & 19 (combined) -3.0 WI#20 -1.0 WI#21 -1 WI#22 -1.5 WI#23 -1.0 WI#24 (phase 3) -1.5 WI#25 -1.0
Gika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:10 AM   #39

If you are worried about adding the egg whites then just eat less meat at your meals! I tried this and it is very good!
TriciaIowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:30 PM   #40

S/C/G: 179.5/161.5/135

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Just made the pancakes. Yummy! Had some WF raspberry spread with it.

Oh happy days!!

Weight at Home

Official Weekly Weight with my IP Coach

5 lbs lost for every shown!!

W1 - 5.1 lbs + 3.75 in W2 - 3.1 lbs + 2 in W3 - 0.4 lbs + 2.5 in W4 - 2.5 lbs + 1.25 in W5 - 1.8 lbs +1.75 in
W6 -1 lb + 3 in
Luba123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #41

Height: 5'6"

I made these for the first time yesterday, after seeing the recipe here. They are fantastic and will definitely make it into the weekly rotation!
Old 08-18-2012, 03:37 PM   #42
IP start 7/30/2012

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Works with the maple oatmeal or with banana pudding too (& I've heard w/ blueberry yogurt). I add a cup of shredded zucchini to make it "bulkier". Made one big ol pancake!
Old 10-07-2012, 08:50 AM   #43

S/C/G: 282 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'11"

This was really good. I might have to buy some more cereal packets now
nobylspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:26 AM   #44

S/C/G: 215/178/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
I went to my WI yesterday and my coach said no. She reiterated that the program is scientifically based and when we keep adding or subtracting things we compromise our results, which, makes sense.
My IP coach has suggested that I add a little protein, so I have been doing 2 hard boiled egg whites with my breakfast every day. She is fine with it -- my original paperwork says we can have up to 4 whole eggs and 2 egg whites per day. She told me that I shouldn't be adding them at every meal, but the extra at breakfast has helped keep my lean muscle up.
AnneE2509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.