3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Collagen Supplement (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/228175-ip-collagen-supplement.html)

JCWilkie 03-16-2011 01:59 PM

IP Collagen Supplement

I'm looking for more information about the new Ideal Protein Collagen Supplement. My Coach sold it to me last week but didn't have any information about it other than "it's for cellulite". The bottle says its to replace one protein pack. I have a hard time getting my 3rd pack in so this is good for me, just 60ml and I'm done. But....If I'm not getting what I need nutritionally I need to know.
Anyone have any insight?
Thanks!

wyoangel 03-16-2011 04:52 PM

Is it by Ideal Protein? I haven't heard of these.

Beachbella 03-16-2011 06:24 PM

I haven't heard this either....it sounds interesting though...

Mamadancer 03-16-2011 07:32 PM

I thought this was meant to be more of an additional - like the vitamins. My understanding was this is meant to firm skin but basically has no nutritional value. (Same as the jello) What does the bottle say as far as ingredients and nutrition?

serendipityberry 03-16-2011 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCWilkie (Post 3761151)
I'm looking for more information about the new Ideal Protein Collagen Supplement. My Coach sold it to me last week but didn't have any information about it other than "it's for cellulite". The bottle says its to replace one protein pack. I have a hard time getting my 3rd pack in so this is good for me, just 60ml and I'm done. But....If I'm not getting what I need nutritionally I need to know.
Anyone have any insight?
Thanks!

She won't have any info either, cuz it is a load of bull. There is "0" scientific evidence that it works. They cannot claim that it does anything to rid your body of cellulite. They can only say that it is for your cellulite, but they leave off the "we don't know if it works, though" part. In reality all it is doing is adding collagen to your pee. Sorry, I love IP but their collagen stuff is bogus!

GettingItOff 03-16-2011 08:36 PM

My info sheet says if you have the strawberry jello or pomegranate drink each day they will provide the collagen needed for loose skin and cellulite. Is this not true?

serendipityberry 03-17-2011 12:10 AM

Here is a good article that explains the argument I think most of the "success" that gets reported is simply anecdotal and not scientifically proven. I think we might be better off doing things to stimulate our own collagen producation. But who knows?!

JCWilkie 03-17-2011 09:31 AM

The product is from Ideal Protein, but may only be available in Canada right now? The Bottle shows no nutritional value except the 19g of Protein. My coach told me last night that it should be taken in addition to the usual 3 portions of protein, but he is going to ask again because he is unsure.
I have been exercising so I think I will take the 4 tbs supplement in addition to my other protein. Does anyone see a problem with this? Will I be getting too much Protein?
Thanks for the input, as you can probably tell, my Coach isn't all the helpfull with information.

Ginger Lily 03-17-2011 01:49 PM

Quote:

The product is from Ideal Protein, but may only be available in Canada right now? The Bottle shows no nutritional value except the 19g of Protein. My coach told me last night that it should be taken in addition to the usual 3 portions of protein, but he is going to ask again because he is unsure.
I have been exercising so I think I will take the 4 tbs supplement in addition to my other protein. Does anyone see a problem with this? Will I be getting too much Protein?
Thanks for the input, as you can probably tell, my Coach isn't all the helpfull with information.

Big Ron 43 10-13-2012 01:54 PM

I'm taking it too......not sure if it does anything though...... :?:

mckw83 10-13-2012 02:02 PM

I'm taking it as well, and i'm in Canada too, I believe it's only in canada. my Coach says she uses it as well and she said it was recommended for me as well, so I'm trying it, dont know if it is really doing anything though.

i'm suppose to take it just before bed, she mentioned that. Also studies have shown that if the collagen is taken 3
hours after you have eaten, it will boost your fat burn while you are sleeping.

JenRem 10-24-2012 12:31 AM

I'm in the US, so I don't even know if we can get the collagen supplement. Of course, I don't want to waste my time or money if it doesn't really work.

Is there anyone on 3FC who has either used the collagen supplement and/or used one of the IP products (Jello or pomegranate drink) that has collagen in it and feels that it HAS made a difference? If yes, how long have you been consistently getting the collagen?

I'm a newbie and plan to have one of the collagen items (Jello) every day. I'm really hoping that over time it will help and make a difference. Even when my body is thinner, I struggle with awful cellulite and less toned skin.

Anyone else have suggestions/recommendations or input?
Thanks, Jen

scorbett1103 10-24-2012 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenRem (Post 4507153)
I'm in the US, so I don't even know if we can get the collagen supplement. Of course, I don't want to waste my time or money if it doesn't really work.

Is there anyone on 3FC who has either used the collagen supplement and/or used one of the IP products (Jello or pomegranate drink) that has collagen in it and feels that it HAS made a difference? If yes, how long have you been consistently getting the collagen?

I'm a newbie and plan to have one of the collagen items (Jello) every day. I'm really hoping that over time it will help and make a difference. Even when my body is thinner, I struggle with awful cellulite and less toned skin.

Anyone else have suggestions/recommendations or input?
Thanks, Jen

When we're in the weight loss stage, we're really only supposed to use the collagen products as an EXTRA packet every other day - the collagen is not a complete protein, while the protein bases for the other products are complete. I don't think the IP collagen supplement is available in the US. Personally, I have the jello or the collagen drink once in a while but haven't had much of an issue with sagging skin at this stage in my losses.

ChileheadKen 10-24-2012 08:40 AM

I'm on the downhill slide and will be in phase 2 in a week or two, and my coach said I could use the blueberry cran granata collagen drink 3 times a week. So I'm trying it for a few weeks, but not sure if it's enough collagen to really make a difference. I think exercise will be more beneficial, but I was getting tired of my regular drink choices and I'm doing okay, protein-wise, so I figured I'd give it a whirl.
good luck!!!! Keep it up!!
Ken :flame: