Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 10:54 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 188/188/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
Just posted this in the travel thread but I am looking for a quick answer so maybe I will do better over here

Has anyone has any issues lately with packing their IP Packs in their carryon? I am away for 5 days and want to put 5 days worth in my carryon. Just want to double check...I know RTD are not allowed...just looking for an answer on packs.

Thanks
I packed mine in my suitcase at Christmas time and it was fine , on carry on I am not to sure. If you phoned the airlines they should be able to tell you.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:05 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default Of

Obsession that's what it has to be! I'm sitting in my car in a airport parking lot reading the 3fc posts! Waiting for my moms plane. I hope she notices the 29 lb loss
Old 03-16-2011, 11:23 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Now the really hard part: a crisis in the family and I have only completed day 3. I don't know if I am strong enough. I am not giving up yet... one day at at time, one foot in front of the other... Good night all!
Old 03-16-2011, 11:40 PM   #79  
Start IP 3/9/11

S/C/G: 215 /167.4 /130

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
Now the really hard part: a crisis in the family and I have only completed day 3. I don't know if I am strong enough. I am not giving up yet... one day at at time, one foot in front of the other... Good night all!
Sorry to hear! Hang in there.....you can do this!
I struggled this morning until supper time on day 8. I'm learning to "push through" the tough moments!
Old 03-16-2011, 11:45 PM   #80  
Restarting IP 2/14/2014

S/C/G: 279/264/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
My beloved dog that was a part of our very small family passed away on my day 3. We had to put her down after 14 wonderful years and I REALLY wanted comfort food to fill the void and grief. Just remember that you're doing this for YOU and you're avoiding future problems for you and your family by being healthy!! If I could, you can!!
Old 03-16-2011, 11:49 PM   #81  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettingItOff View Post
I'm new here, on day 3. I was wondering if anyone ever uses a Vitamix for their veggies. I used it all the time prior to this but always used fruit. I was wondering if there are any IP safe recipes for this since it's so much easier to drink my veggies.

Also, I had real bad gas and runs today. I am not used to using artificial sweetners,or, does this sound like detox?
What is vitamix?
Old 03-16-2011, 11:55 PM   #82  
Start IP 3/9/11

S/C/G: 215 /167.4 /130

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4life View Post
What is vitamix?
A Vitamix is a super high speed blender. I wish I had one, but I never could shell out the big bucks for one!
Old 03-17-2011, 12:00 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
Hi mamarix!

Your comments make me laugh, i needed that!. Just got back from my weight in I did not loose a pound. I am 2 days ahead of usually when I weight in and I think TOM is on its way. Ahh what are you going to do. No pounds loss and no inches loss. Hoping for better results next Friday when I am off this cleanse. I am ok with it. And you are right brown fat looks so much better than white...lol. I love that comment that is a keeper for me.

I am so ashamed of my pics when I started the program I do not know if I have the guts to put them up yet. I look at myself 3 months ago and I am like how in the h*ll did I allow myself to get like this! So everytime I have a sin full craving I take a look of my before pics and say yeah that sin is so not worth it I do not want to look like that again.

Hope you have a great weekend! I will not be posting until Monday when I get back.
bella- i so agree with you about how the h#ll did i let myself go that much!! i hid out in clothes all winter and now having lost 30# no one is really even noticing as i'm barely buttoning my "fat" jeans at this point... not that i'm not proud to have taken off the 30 but you know what i mean. i have some pics i'm holding onto myself..... shall we just buck up and post em? maybe when you get back from your vacation. i know for me, looking at the pictures of others was a great help so from that angle, i'll just suck up the shame of letting myself get such a gut and post away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovione View Post
I emailed my coach and told them I want to be moved into Phase II this am...I was 160.4 on their scale (with clothes and late afternoon) when I started and am now 139.5 in the morning on mine. I have made the decision to stop this program with them when I reach my 1st goal of 136, the point where my BMI says I am no longer overweight.

I am going to continue to meet my "real" goal of 120-125 on my own using alternative foods. I have read that thread from start to finish on this site and am so glad I found it! I wish I had earlier as I would have saved myself $200 admin fee and lord knows how much else on their food. My "coach" hasn't done a thing other than weigh me and measure me and try to get me to sign up for their muscle therapy sessions in addition to IP. I'm sick of the hard sell and now that I have this site, I know I can do it on my own.

Just wanted to share.
bon- you so can do it on your own! so many websites for products and since you are in a reading mode, have you read the dr. tran materials? that is the ideal methodology bible.... great job on your goal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
Thanks to everyone for all the great info on the boards!

I had WI #3 this week and I am so giddy with happiness over the changes I'm seeing I can't concentrate on anything else! I spend WAY too much time on the boards, or planning my exercise, or reviewing all the great sundresses I want to buy at my first mini-goal.

What a great problem to have! Thanks again to everyone and to this amazing life change!
marcus- congrats on your successes..... how's the running going? i remember you were quite spent the first few weeks. how did you end up handling it. did you cut back the running, or up the packets or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteandcute View Post
I am thinking about ordering some alternative products, especially bars. I am almost out of IP products and I don't want to continue paying the price. I know there are several sites, I just don't know which site is the best.
judy- i like nashua. they have several different brands of items in one location and free shipping. but lindora was good too. i reviewed diet direct as well, but never did place an order from there, but liked the variety.

Quote:
susie- this may sound like a lecture but i am hard pressed to put down words correctly sometimes so please bear with me..... please do not give yourself another excuse to not lose the weight. if you are like me, it was always something, but i have to admit now looking back, i was always looking for an excuse to fail, to not put in the work, to take the easy road. i have learned from this that every moment of every day, i have a choice to make. i wasn't doing myself any favors choosing to eat because i got in a fight with DH or one of my kids got in trouble, conflict at work.... you name it, i ate because of it. it wasn't anyones fault i was fat. only mine. i couldn't blame it on any one crisis because everyday i had one. and everyday i reacted to it the same way by overeating crappy foods. then it happened...my ahh moment. I chose to look at it from the other side of the fence. one day a few weeks into IP, my DH and son, brought home a pizza... i went into a complete rage! how childish of me, right? and that was it, the cycle was broken.... after i stopped crying and came out of the bedroom i haven't been the same and hope to never be the old me again. Now I feel strengthened by staying OP. It makes me proud of myself instead of ashamed that i binged and then binging again to make myself "feel" better. The emotional handcuffs were unlocked that kept me a prisoner of food. I"m not saying it wasn't hard. it was very hard, but when i broke free that day it was the most incredible, liberating and powerful thing and I've been able to use that strength for the betterment of my health.

it's so worth it, i promise you. spend a few minutes each day in preparation to set yourself up for success and enjoy the positive energy that grows every time you choose to stay OP.

Ronda

Last edited by rondar; 03-17-2011 at 12:18 AM.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:17 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatiN View Post
My beloved dog that was a part of our very small family passed away on my day 3. We had to put her down after 14 wonderful years and I REALLY wanted comfort food to fill the void and grief. Just remember that you're doing this for YOU and you're avoiding future problems for you and your family by being healthy!! If I could, you can!!
tati- so sorry about your beloved! what a great NSV for you staying OP and kind encouraging words for susie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettingItOff View Post
I'm new here, on day 3. I was wondering if anyone ever uses a Vitamix for their veggies. I used it all the time prior to this but always used fruit. I was wondering if there are any IP safe recipes for this since it's so much easier to drink my veggies.
getting it off- did everyone hear that!!!!!!! she wants to drink her veggies! I LOVE this girl!!! i blend my spinach or lettuce with a vanilla protein powder and drink it down. i get sick of chewing all the blahzay greens without my blue cheese dressing and other unmentionable toppings! most of the first of the year bunch gags over it everytime i suggest it to someone having problems getting in their greens! they can't even imagine it!!! blend away i say and pour me a cup!
Old 03-17-2011, 12:22 AM   #85  
Taking my life back...

S/C/G: 269/IP-13th-244/180

Height: 5' 5"

It is sooooo worth it. Make yourself, your health a priority. It does get easier each day. I ate in a restaurant today at lunch and an OP salad.

At dinner I was in a chinese buffet and I did NOT go off program...and this is day 3. I am SO PROUD OF MYSELF!

But I am also keenly aware that is it the IP protocol that makes my will power possible because my blood sugar is stable.

Keep the tips and the support coming...I need to hear from you to keep my strength....thanks.

Pam
Old 03-17-2011, 12:28 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayingalive View Post
It is sooooo worth it. Make yourself, your health a priority. It does get easier each day. I ate in a restaurant today at lunch and an OP salad.

At dinner I was in a chinese buffet and I did NOT go off program...and this is day 3. I am SO PROUD OF MYSELF!

But I am also keenly aware that is it the IP protocol that makes my will power possible because my blood sugar is stable.

Keep the tips and the support coming...I need to hear from you to keep my strength....thanks.

Pam
Wow! On day 3 you were able to do that??!! Kudos to you! I know I could (and have) done that recently but in the first week, that must have been torture...after week 1 it only seems to get better so good for you and keep on doing what you're doing...soon you'll notice the inches and weight melting away!!
Old 03-17-2011, 12:32 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 220/220/120

Height: 5'3"

Ok, today just got done with week one. lost 8 pounds! My jeans are all baggy.Size 16 I keep on they fall off. Even my really tight size 14 are getting to lose, but what is really cool is that they are even baggy in the legs!

I just have to say a BIG Thank you to all of you. Your posts have really helped to figure out what I needed to be eating and doing. Especially the posts in the Alt. Plan sticky.

You ladies and gentlemen are the best!!!

Best Wishes
Jackie
Old 03-17-2011, 12:50 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 142/130/125

Height: 5'2''

Congratulations!!!! I am doing the same thing....I've had about enough and I want to be done by my birthday on the 5th of April so that I can enjoy an icy cold martini and celebrate. I'm going to phase 3 next week and have stopped purchasing IP food after this weeks supply. Reality here I come!!!:
Old 03-17-2011, 12:57 AM   #89  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

my oldest friend from denver was in town today on business and she met up with me for dinner. she is on phase 4 of IP, so she understands my eating restrictions. we went to a vietnamese place downtown that has a special IP menu that they created with my coach. i had a salad with an awesome IP approved dressing that they made, and a lemongrass tofu dish that was really spicy and delicious. this was the first real time that i have been out to eat since december. i'm so glad that my coaches got a few restaurants around the city to make special IP menus. i really do have amazing coaches. anyhow, dinner was fabulous and i'm so happy that i now have great options for eating out!

hope everyone's day was fantastic!!
Old 03-17-2011, 01:11 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 246(H)/238(IP)/(ticker)/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
we went to a vietnamese place downtown that has a special IP menu that they created with my coach. i had a salad with an awesome IP approved dressing that they made, and a lemongrass tofu dish that was really spicy and delicious. this was the first real time that i have been out to eat since december. i'm so glad that my coaches got a few restaurants around the city to make special IP menus. i really do have amazing coaches. anyhow, dinner was fabulous and i'm so happy that i now have great options for eating out!

hope everyone's day was fantastic!!
which place did you go to? in SOMA? I've been so afraid of Southeast Asian restaurants because of the prevalence of sugar in their sauces and pickles.
Closed Thread