Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 03:34 PM   #46  
Slowly Shrinking!

S/C/G: Size 18/Size 18/Size 12

Height: 5'8

Thanks to everyone for all the great info on the boards!

I had WI #3 this week and I am so giddy with happiness over the changes I'm seeing I can't concentrate on anything else! I spend WAY too much time on the boards, or planning my exercise, or reviewing all the great sundresses I want to buy at my first mini-goal.

What a great problem to have! Thanks again to everyone and to this amazing life change!
Old 03-16-2011, 03:36 PM   #47  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

happyloser2011- send me an email at [email protected].
I just set up this alternate account for this purpose..Thanks
Old 03-16-2011, 04:34 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 248/239/160

Height: 5'6"

I just had a weird experience. I made myself an omelet for lunch from a packet. It has always been one of my favorites (I'm on week 6). My clinic was out of the omelet for two weeks so haven't had one for awhile. I could barely get it down - thought it tasted nasty! Wow - have they been reformulated or something or have my tastes really changed that much in two weeks? I know I didn't do anything different in making it. May have to go hunt up some crystal lite or something to take the taste out of my mouth!
Old 03-16-2011, 05:26 PM   #49  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyh View Post
I've reached my goal weight! IP counselor wants me to lose an additional 5 lbs before I phase out. Right now I just don't know if I have it in me. I have so many things going on. So - I'm going to stay on program until end of march, then phase out - no matter what weight I am. I need a break!
This is common since they want us to be at our goal weight and when we start adding carbs back into our diet our glycogen stores refill and you put back on 4-5 lb. The number really doesn't matter as long as you are happy with where you are at and your body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syoung View Post
Hello Everyone, my name is Stephanie and am on the IP diet. I started in August and lost 25 pounds, then my coach decided to let me "maintain" through the holidays which was a terrible idea since I cheated badly those 2 months! Now I am back on it again and having a terrible time. When I first started the weight came off very quickly, now I can only lose 2 pounds or maybe 1 a week! It is soo frustrating because I just want to be done with dieting and I want to complete a goal of losing weight. My biggest problem is cheating!! I just can't seem to stop! I know that I am only cheating myself when I do it, and I know that I am not getting the full effect of the diet when I cheat, but I just can't seem to stop!! Does anyone have any ideas that will help me through this tough time? I have 30 more pounds to go till my goal weight.
Thanks
Stephanie
Have you tried having an extra packet (even if it is an extra restricted) if you feel hungry? It is a much better choice than cheating. I also have a rule of drinking a full glass of water and waiting 20 minutes when I'm hungry to see if I'm really hungry or dehydrated. Many times dehydration presents itself as hunger pains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
Is there a way to search the recipe threads without having to go through them one by one? I am looking for the muffin recipe made with the crispy cereal or the zucchini pancakes.
Thanks,
Mary
Go to the opening thread of any daily chat. There is a great link for the best way to search there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovione View Post
I emailed my coach and told them I want to be moved into Phase II this am...I was 160.4 on their scale (with clothes and late afternoon) when I started and am now 139.5 in the morning on mine. I have made the decision to stop this program with them when I reach my 1st goal of 136, the point where my BMI says I am no longer overweight.

I am going to continue to meet my "real" goal of 120-125 on my own using alternative foods. I have read that thread from start to finish on this site and am so glad I found it! I wish I had earlier as I would have saved myself $200 admin fee and lord knows how much else on their food. My "coach" hasn't done a thing other than weigh me and measure me and try to get me to sign up for their muscle therapy sessions in addition to IP. I'm sick of the hard sell and now that I have this site, I know I can do it on my own.

Just wanted to share.
I did strict IP for months and now use the alternative products. My mom has used the ones from Nashua Nutrition the entire time without any issues and weight loss better than I ever experienced. I think as long as you are comfortable holding yourself to it, you will do great.

Last edited by EatAnts; 03-16-2011 at 05:29 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:00 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 185.6/148/145

Height: 5'9"

Back from WI#9 and I'm down 2 lbs...not great but I will take it, I have C problems. I also keep track of my weight at home each week and my scale said 154 this morning so going by that I'm almost at goal.

I haven't been able to read much lately but I read a few posts yesterday about measurements. I do my own and have from day 1, prior to my appt I took the measurements I was interested in and when I got there she had me measure myself in about 10 different places. I figured if I was going to do it myself I would just take a copy of her paper and measure those extra areas and have it done when I got there. I actually don't mind doing it myself makes me feel great to watch the number go down down down.

Major NSV...attended a formal event this past weekend, went to the GW to buy a formal dress, when I walked out of the dressing room my husbands jaw fell open and he said "WOW look at you" It felt REALLY good!!! and the really nice thing was, I thought I looked fantastic as well which is VERY unusual.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:02 PM   #51  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd447 View Post
I just had a weird experience. I made myself an omelet for lunch from a packet. It has always been one of my favorites (I'm on week 6). My clinic was out of the omelet for two weeks so haven't had one for awhile. I could barely get it down - thought it tasted nasty! Wow - have they been reformulated or something or have my tastes really changed that much in two weeks? I know I didn't do anything different in making it. May have to go hunt up some crystal lite or something to take the taste out of my mouth!
I wasn't a fan of the omelet this morning myself. I don't know if my tastes have changed or what... but I could barely eat it all and left some. I might add an egg next time to see if it's more palatable. Not sure about reformulation.

I'm pretty disillusioned today in general. Let's hope that's not catching! I have WI #3 tomorrow so maybe I'm just bored and need to spice things up.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:05 PM   #52  

S/C/G: Weight loss goal 60 pounds

gah I am such a scale slave! I don't know what it is but my scale will continue on the downward trend through the whole week (give or take a bit) and I usually don't gain much between the morning and evening (maybe a pound at that) but for WHATEVER reason I always seems to go up on my WI day which is Wednesday!! I don't GET IT!!! I stepped on my scale this morning and I was at 213.4 I got home today and it says 215.4!! arrgg!! and my clinic scale always seems to weigh heavier than my home scale I thought for sure I was going to be down over 3 lbs this week but I will be lucky if I get two now I am seriously considering changin my WI day to Tuesday but it would probably be the same thing I probably do this in my brain or something!! sorry just super frustrated I am leaving for my official WI in about an hour I'll let you all know what I "officially" lost later BOOO!
Old 03-16-2011, 06:08 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 185.6/148/145

Height: 5'9"

Day 3 for me... questionning everything.

Day 2 was better than day 1. I felt okay. However, at bedtime, I was very jittery and had a hard time sleeping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayingalive View Post
Day 3 for me too. I had trouble sleeping but hungry this moring.

Hang in there the frist few days really are the worst and after that it gets so much better. The results are SOOOOO worth it. Drink lots of water and get lots of rest.

Pam
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyh View Post
I've reached my goal weight! IP counselor wants me to lose an additional 5 lbs before I phase out. Right now I just don't know if I have it in me. I have so many things going on. So - I'm going to stay on program until end of march, then phase out - no matter what weight I am. I need a break!
WEEE WHO CONGRATULATIONS on reaching you goal weight....

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisbelle View Post
just had my weigh in today and down another 9.2lbs. i couldn't believe it when i got on the scale. only 8 more lbs to go till i hit 100lbs lost. i can't wait. i am going to do something exciting once i hit that 100 lb mark. i hope everyone is having as great of a day as i am. keep up the good work.
Your doing fantastic, 100 lbs thats a HUGE VICTORY!!!! I bet you feel wonderful!!!!
Old 03-16-2011, 06:12 PM   #54  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I wasn't a fan of the omelet this morning myself. I don't know if my tastes have changed or what... but I could barely eat it all and left some. I might add an egg next time to see if it's more palatable. Not sure about reformulation.

I'm pretty disillusioned today in general. Let's hope that's not catching! I have WI #3 tomorrow so maybe I'm just bored and need to spice things up.
Lighten up (hee hee hee)!! 9 lbs in 2 weeks! Keep that in mind no matter what happens tomorrow. (And feel free to remind me tomorrow when I post that I'm not happy with my # after my WI.)
Old 03-16-2011, 06:26 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 248/239/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post

Maybe it was just a bad omelet day!!

You are doing great! 9 lbs already and making it to onderland too!! Whenever I get down about staying OP, I think about where I would be if I hadn't even started. I physically feel so much better than I have in years that I don't dare cheat! I'm wearing clothes that I couldn't even get into a month ago and my knees don't hurt when I walk up stairs anymore. I have sort of a mental list that I run through whenever I get discouraged.

Hope you have a great WI & everything starts looking brighter!
Old 03-16-2011, 06:34 PM   #56  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
Lighten up (hee hee hee)!! 9 lbs in 2 weeks! Keep that in mind no matter what happens tomorrow. (And feel free to remind me tomorrow when I post that I'm not happy with my # after my WI.)
You've got a deal. I just ate my dinner. Nice filet mignon with grilled mushrooms, peppers, and asparagus. For now, I'm back and happy... earlier, I could have eaten my house!
Old 03-16-2011, 06:59 PM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
Good luck Vanessa!

Day 3 for me... questionning everything.

Day 2 was better than day 1. I felt okay. However, at bedtime, I was very jittery and had a hard time sleeping.

Today, I am jittery, nervous, tired and somewhat nauseous. I really don't feel like eating anything at all (I haven't had breakfast or supplements yet - it's 8:35 a.m. here). The packets are starting to taste like medecine to me. Cursing sugar and carbs for making me feel this way! I am having obsessive thoughts about what I am eating (chemicals, powders, dehydrated stuff) and what I am not eating (fresh, whole foods from nature including fruits and all vegetables). I tell myself that the better I stick to it, the sooner I will lose the weight and the sooner I can move onto healthy eating.

I am a sugar/carb addict.
This sounds like it could have been my post last week. My first week was brutal and I really didn't think I could do it. This week is alot easier. I agree with eating whole foods too and am not crazy about the processed IP food but it's not forever. The veggies were the worst for me but I've found a few that I can rotate and they are going down easier. I wish you luck - it certainly is an adjustment.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:05 PM   #58  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd447 View Post
I ate a lot of omelets on PH 1, and at one time one of the packets was bad. I couldn't eat it. I called my coach, who gave me credit for the packet. We are still not sure what happened, but every other time I had an IP omelet, it was fine. I finally switched to egg whites in PH 2, stopped using the IP omelet altogether. Not because they were bad, but because of the cost.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:17 PM   #59  

I made a meal yesterday which was the first real meal I've really enjoyed since starting IP 2 weeks ago. I chopped up 1/2 large tomato, 2 shallots, 3 cloves of garlic and sauteed them on med heat in 2 tsp. olive oil for about 5 minutes. Then I added in a daily portion of shrimp and sauteed them covered with the sauce until the shrimp were cooked through. It was delicious.

I also found that the IP Tomato Basil soup tastes a whole lot better with 1 tsp of tomato paste (1 carb), some spices and about 8 ozs of water. I put about 1 cup of veggies in it yesterday and had if for lunch. I didn't have the extra veggies because of the 1 carb in the tomato past.

Tomorrow is WI #2. At WI #1, I lost 6 pounds. Wish me luck!
Old 03-16-2011, 07:45 PM   #60  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Just posted this in the travel thread but I am looking for a quick answer so maybe I will do better over here

Has anyone has any issues lately with packing their IP Packs in their carryon? I am away for 5 days and want to put 5 days worth in my carryon. Just want to double check...I know RTD are not allowed...just looking for an answer on packs.

Thanks

Last edited by Beachbella; 03-16-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Closed Thread