Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 12:21 PM   #31  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNinCT View Post
* Good Morning Everyone! * Week 9 and down 30 Pounds... I am off to Florida in the morning for a week! I have packed my food and very motivated to stay focused. The flight will be SO much more comfortable without my BIG BUTT in the way! LOL.. My Coach and I texted every few days to stay in touch. Warm weather should be wonderful!

Oh have a great time and enjoy that WARM weather!! I live on the RI/MA border....brrrr...so I know what you've been going thru with the weather (altho today it's a little better)!! We'll be heading down to Florida (Disney) ... but not til April. Sure hope I'm down 30lbs by then too!!! LOL!!
Have a Magical time!!
Old 03-15-2011, 12:25 PM   #32  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
Iceberg Lettuce question - I was told by my coach that Iceberg is technically allowed but there is no nutritional value so he does not recommend it. He recommends the following - Romaine, Field green mix, Arugula, Fresh Spinach, and he also stated that these lettuces were unlimited for me. Again you may want to ask your coach but I have lost 47lb i n10 weeks on these lettuces without an issue but it is always good to check with your coach anyway. Good luck!
It's my understanding the all types of lettuce are unlimited, but that spinach is considered a select veggie.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:26 PM   #33  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
I did use warm water, it was almost too warm. 0 results. I was going to try a more drastic approach. I will also get some vitamin C today as long as I'm at the pharmacy.
I don't have a coach, I'm just listening to the very learned people on this site for advice.
I think 47 lbs in 10 weeks is insane. I am so jealous! Good for you.
How are the tomatoes this week? Again, JEALOUS!
Oh ok I am sorry I must have missed somewhere you had no coach. I take 1 vitamin C 1000 mg at lunch every day and honestly I have no issues with the big C anymore that is just from my own personal experience. I do not have a doctors degree so I dont want to mess around with dosage with anyone on here. That is just what my coach recommended for me. Just be careful listening from advice from others including me...we are doing what we are told by our coaches and from being on here since January it seems every coach is different on a lot of things we put in our mouths as well as supplements....I am a big worry wort.....that is why I really dont give my opinion on here and more listen in the back ground God forbid something I said got someone sick I would feel awful.

Yes I am enjoying my tomotoes this week. I have chopped them up into a 3/4 a cup and put 1 tbs on my lunch salad every day so far this week. This Ginny girl needs her tomatoes...lol
Old 03-15-2011, 01:00 PM   #34  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
It's my understanding the all types of lettuce are unlimited, but that spinach is considered a select veggie.
Again all coaches are different. I was told by my coach that fresh baby leaf spinach that you find in those clear boxes/bags is considered a lettuce. Honestly I personally eat it 1 x a week as a spinach salad. I am not a real fan of spinach fresh. So please do what your coach tells you. You will see a lot on this forum that many coaches tell people different things.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:09 PM   #35  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Height: 5'8"

Ok I am now solo with this IP stuff. I told my "coach" this morning that I just could not afford 100.00 a week any longer. We are on a pretty tight budget and I just couldn't justify the cost when I know there are alternatives out there. Soooo I hope you all do not mind being my "coach" now. I KNOW I have gotten much more coaching from you all anyway!! Not gonna give up tho, will continue to plug away. I usually do WI on Tuesdays after work so I will do that tonight on my home scale. Thanks guys!!
Old 03-15-2011, 01:11 PM   #36  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
Again all coaches are different. I was told by my coach that fresh baby leaf spinach that you find in those clear boxes/bags is considered a lettuce. Honestly I personally eat it 1 x a week as a spinach salad. I am not a real fan of spinach fresh. So please do what your coach tells you. You will see a lot on this forum that many coaches tell people different things.
Aha. I want your coach. Just kidding. Or a coach that allows chocolate and potato chips. Again, just kidding.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:25 PM   #37  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Default inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatiN View Post
How many inches do you all typically lose? I know it varies just like the pound losses, but just wondering. In general it seems like people see more of a difference with inches moreso than pounds.
it seems that because each coach does that differently too there is different inches lost. For exam, I get measured in neck, chest, waist, hips, thighs and arm. where my friend gets measured in those as well as shoulders, sterum, calves and ankles... I thought that would be great I lost about 2 off my ankels the first week, but of course I wasn't measured so I find my measurements don't go down as fast as my friends. Her coach follows the program to the tee where you have to buy the boxes where mine you buy individual packets...
My inches are not big 9 in 4 weeks.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:27 PM   #38  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Happy Tuesday!
I have a question about ketosticks. I wasn't going to use them but picked some up yesterday when I picked up antibiotics for my 5 y.o. When I use them it seems they are in the 'pinker' area, not near purple. Is that significant?

I did a search of the site and it seems that some have said that as long as they measure some ketones, that's fine, but I'm wondering if it is better if it is darker... (and how would it get darker???)

This was before significant water intake and I have been 100% on plan. Has anyone used ketosticks and consistently lost and only had them appear 'pink'?

Thanks! NSV today-- the brown cords I bought a couple months ago and couldn't even ZIP not only fit, they are a little loose. WOO HOO!
Old 03-15-2011, 01:29 PM   #39  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
it seems that because each coach does that differently too there is different inches lost. For exam, I get measured in neck, chest, waist, hips, thighs and arm. where my friend gets measured in those as well as shoulders, sterum, calves and ankles... I thought that would be great I lost about 2 off my ankels the first week, but of course I wasn't measured so I find my measurements don't go down as fast as my friends. Her coach follows the program to the tee where you have to buy the boxes where mine you buy individual packets...
My inches are not big 9 in 4 weeks.
And my coach hasn't measured me since my initial meeting with her. I'm going to ask her to do this on Friday...
Old 03-15-2011, 01:34 PM   #40  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyloser2011 View Post
Coastalcrafter: How do I send a private message?? I don't know how to send one and didn't know mine was locked!! DUH!!
look up to the left corner of the page where it says
WELCOME HAPPYLOSER2001
under that there are the words in blue font Private Message// click on that...

then in the colum to the left, half way down page click on SEND MESSAGE
put my name, CoastalCrafter in the recipient box, write me in the bigger box below, then click SEND at bottom of page..
Old 03-15-2011, 01:44 PM   #41  
IP with alternatives

S/C/G: 202/Ticker/140

Height: 5.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
Happy Tuesday!
I have a question about ketosticks. I wasn't going to use them but picked some up yesterday when I picked up antibiotics for my 5 y.o. When I use them it seems they are in the 'pinker' area, not near purple. Is that significant?

I did a search of the site and it seems that some have said that as long as they measure some ketones, that's fine, but I'm wondering if it is better if it is darker... (and how would it get darker???)

This was before significant water intake and I have been 100% on plan. Has anyone used ketosticks and consistently lost and only had them appear 'pink'?

Thanks! NSV today-- the brown cords I bought a couple months ago and couldn't even ZIP not only fit, they are a little loose. WOO HOO!
As long as they show some ketones you are good.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:45 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 186/150/130

Height: 5'3" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
Good morning, everyone!

Day 2 for me...

I just wanted to thank you all for your the warm welcome, encouragement and great advice from yesterday (and this weekend).

Day 1 was not at all what I expected. I didn't expect my body to react so quickly! I thought that it would take at least until day 2 for my body to realize that something was up but that was not the case for me at all.

I started the morning with the omelet. It smelled good, it tasted good. When I sat to eat it, I had a hard time getting it all down. I threw some of it away. I'm not sure if it was because of the taste or I find it "heavy" that early in the morning.

I wasn't really hungry until lunch time but then I was quite hungry! I went to the gym all dressed and ready to work out. My coach told me not to work out at all this week, that I will need my energy... so I did not. I just did my initial weigh in and measurements and headed back to the office to eat.

The mushroom soup was okay. Nothing to write home about. I am so glad that I threw in some fresh mushrooms. The solid parts made it go down a lot better for me. I also had some salad (iceberg & mixed greens) with cucumber, radish, green pepper and a dressing that I made myself (olive oil, apple cider vinegar and dijon with sea salt and pepper). I enjoyed that.

By the afternoon, I started feeling dizzy. I figured it was just psychological and didn't give it too much thought.

When I got home for supper, I was hungry. I had a dill pickle while preparing supper (grilled pork chop, broccoli and asparagus). As I was preparing supper, I had to go the bathroom a lot (TMI) = LOTS of handwashing but it's okay. Then, right after that and before eating, I got an eye migraine with headache. I forced myself to eat supper because I was no longer hungry feeling like that. I added an Omega 3 to the other supplements. I took Tylenol and lay on the couch. It sort of passed. By 8 p.m. I was tired, grouchy and did not want my last packet (and supplements) but I had a ready-made chocolate milk shake, followed by some herbal tea (The Skinny by David's Tea) and wow! That was great! I felt so much better afterwards. By bedtime, I had a nice, comfortable warm and fuzzy feeling. I would have slept well except my daughter had a nose bleed in the middle of the night... ugh!

This morning, I developed a bit of a headache not long after waking up (took Tylenol) and I've been feeling "kinda funny". I guess this is working much faster than I would have thought!

I am eating the cereal at the office this morning because my coach warned me that I need to wait two hours to take the supplements after taking my Synthroid in the morning or I may rule out the effects of my Synthroid. The cereal is more "portable" but I find it a little weird. You have to constantly stir because the powder does not dissolve well. I think, for me though, it goes down better than an omelet in the morning. I am going to save the omelets for breakfast or lunch on the weekends.

Have a great day everyone!
I didn't like the eggs either when I made them into an omelet. Then I started mixing in mushrooms and green bell pepper...salt and pepper..and turned into a scrambled egg mix. So much better. Now I have them for lunch almost everyday so I add in about 2 cups of the veggis to get all my veggis for lunch. You could try cooking them ahead of time and reheating for lunch...don't know how they would taste. I also keep mushrooms and bell pepper cooked in the refrigerator for fast fixes such as the omelet. When I saute chicken breast in a little olive oil I will add some of my cooked mushrooms and fresh spinch into the pan when it's almost done...add some orgianal Ms Dash or salt and garlic powder for flavor...put lid on pan to wilt spinach. It is yummy. I also do this when I cook a streak I just use portabella mushrooms instead. It's a great way to get some of your veggis in.

The mushroom soup I will also add in my cooked mushrooms, Ms Dash and just a little more water then the recommend...I think it taste better with a ting more water. To me there is no hope for the Leek soup or Tomato soup..YUCK!
Old 03-15-2011, 01:46 PM   #43  
Start date 12/27/2010

S/C/G: 316/226/158

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
Happy Tuesday!

Congrats on the NSV! Feels good doesn't it? As for the ketostix, I use the every once in a while just to remind myself everything is going well. As if the scale and bad breath aren't enough. As long as the stick turns some shade of pink, you are in ketosis. The darker shade can indicate that you aren't getting enough water, so you might increase your intake. But it could also vary depending on the time of day. First thing in the morning it might be really dark. The main thing is that you see some shade of pink. Keep up the good work!
Old 03-15-2011, 01:54 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 186/150/130

Height: 5'3" 1/2

Today was WI #5...I only lost 1 lb but considering I did a cheat on Saturday I'm glad I didn't gain. I'm aggravated that I decided to do a cheat on Saturday because I could feel my body was finally in a groove. I weighed myself on Saturday a.m. and I was down 4 lbs. I felt good. Unforturnatly, I still have that mind set of the food reward system in my head. I was down four pounds so I must reward myself by eating...ugh! I've learned my lesson though...I don't want any more setbacks...I'm moving forward.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 03-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
Thank you for the Hives response. Smile...

I see that you don't have a coach. We live too far away from any Ideal Protein facility and so can use the online asset and ordering. It is only accessed to those who don't have a coach or can't get to one. Let me know if you might be interested in this. I did ask and they did say that they cannot sell to or deal with those already active with an Ideal Protein Coach. This is called "Ideal to Go."
I asked at the clinic where I purchase my food about a coach and they just gave me a blank look. The nurses measure my blood pressure and measurements and send me on my way. they are all telling me I'm doing great, very positive, but I rely on 3FC to answer my questions. I wade through the answers and choose the answer I like the best.
Thanks though.
Mary
Closed Thread