Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 10:41 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 250/199/170

Height: 65

* Good Morning Everyone! * Week 9 and down 30 Pounds... I am off to Florida in the morning for a week! I have packed my food and very motivated to stay focused. The flight will be SO much more comfortable without my BIG BUTT in the way! LOL.. My Coach and I texted every few days to stay in touch. Warm weather should be wonderful!
Old 03-15-2011, 10:43 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
Susie - you're describing exactly how I felt when I first started about 3 weeks ago. Everyone on the boards recommended increasing my salt and it definitely helped the headaches and dizziness. Also, those feelings passed about 4 days into the plan.

And I agree about omelettes on the weekend. I always make that a big meal and add 2 cups of veg: green pepper, green onion, asparagus, etc. and make a nice egg scramble with the omelette. Pretty delicious!

You're doing great! Good luck out there!

Thank you so much!

I had a packet of table salt (I know! I know!) and I feel like myself again!
Old 03-15-2011, 10:46 AM   #18  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
Good morning, everyone!

Day 2 for me...

I just wanted to thank you all for your the warm welcome, encouragement and great advice from yesterday (and this weekend).

Day 1 was not at all what I expected. I didn't expect my body to react so quickly! I thought that it would take at least until day 2 for my body to realize that something was up but that was not the case for me at all.

I started the morning with the omelet. It smelled good, it tasted good. When I sat to eat it, I had a hard time getting it all down. I threw some of it away. I'm not sure if it was because of the taste or I find it "heavy" that early in the morning.

I wasn't really hungry until lunch time but then I was quite hungry! I went to the gym all dressed and ready to work out. My coach told me not to work out at all this week, that I will need my energy... so I did not. I just did my initial weigh in and measurements and headed back to the office to eat.

The mushroom soup was okay. Nothing to write home about. I am so glad that I threw in some fresh mushrooms. The solid parts made it go down a lot better for me. I also had some salad (iceberg & mixed greens) with cucumber, radish, green pepper and a dressing that I made myself (olive oil, apple cider vinegar and dijon with sea salt and pepper). I enjoyed that.

By the afternoon, I started feeling dizzy. I figured it was just psychological and didn't give it too much thought.

When I got home for supper, I was hungry. I had a dill pickle while preparing supper (grilled pork chop, broccoli and asparagus). As I was preparing supper, I had to go the bathroom a lot (TMI) = LOTS of handwashing but it's okay. Then, right after that and before eating, I got an eye migraine with headache. I forced myself to eat supper because I was not longer hungry feeling like that. I added an Omega 3 to the other supplements. I took Tylenol and lay on the couch. It sort of passed. By 8 p.m. I was tired, grouchy and did not want my last packet (and supplements) but I had a ready-made chocolate milk shake, followed by some herbal tea (The Skinny by David's Tea) and wow! That was great! I felt so much better afterwards. By bedtime, I had a nice, comfortable warm and fuzzy feeling. I would have slept well except my daughter had a nose bleed in the middle of the night... ugh!

This morning, I developed a bit of a headache not long after waking up (took Tylenol) and I've been feeling "kinda funny". I guess this is working much faster than I would have thought!

I am eating the cereal at the office this morning because my coach warned me that I need to wait two hours to take the supplements after taking my Synthroid in the morning or I may rule out the effects of my Synthroid. The cereal is more "portable" but I find it a little weird. You have to constantly stir because the powder does not dissolve well. I think, for me though, it goes down better than an omelet in the morning. I am going to save the omelets for breakfast or lunch on the weekends.

Have a great day everyone!
Good morning!!!

Regarding the omlette. I make it at work in the microwave. They turn out pretty good. You need to keep an eye on them as they "grow" when they are cooking. I use a little sale and pepper and several shakes of Tabasco. They can take some getting used to, but now I look forward to them. I tried the cereal one time and just didn't like the texture or the flavor of the "milk".
Old 03-15-2011, 10:47 AM   #19  

Height: 5' 7"

Hit 30 pounds lost today!!!!!
Old 03-15-2011, 10:49 AM   #20  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
happyloser2011- Hi! you requested the pudding packets I have. I tried to send you a private message but you have it blocked. Please send me a private message where to mail the packets. Thanks!

Thanks everyome else for the good wishes. I am aiming for a 30 lb loss for the wedding, working with my new dr. As I have mentioned in previous posts I am having a problem with my bladder as the result of the amount of Protein needed daily to lose weight on this plan. It has inflammed my bladder, AGAIN, and yes I drink all my water. My new plan has me consuming a lowfat yogurt daily,( for calcium) grains for fiber, lots of assorted veggies, and lean protein. My dr's shared that Calcium supplements sit in the stomach and do not get as well absorbed into the body as if it were in the food/skim milk, we drink.
I am looking forward to better health!!
hugs and best wishes to you all!!
You have been an asset to this forum, I am going to miss you. Check in ever so often and let us hear from you. I want you to have less weight and good health. Judy
Old 03-15-2011, 10:53 AM   #21  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

ooooooohhh HIVES (itch and burn) - 2nd day - neck & under my arms & sides (except where I put my deodorant - perhaps I should put my deo everywhere HAH). I've read a few accounts with IP where 4 days is not odd. Anyone else? I began Week 7 yesterday - down 21 lbs...
Old 03-15-2011, 10:59 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 168/148.5/140; start 01/19/11

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
happyloser2011- Hi! you requested the pudding packets I have. I tried to send you a private message but you have it blocked. Please send me a private message where to mail the packets. Thanks!

Thanks everyome else for the good wishes. I am aiming for a 30 lb loss for the wedding, working with my new dr. As I have mentioned in previous posts I am having a problem with my bladder as the result of the amount of Protein needed daily to lose weight on this plan. It has inflammed my bladder, AGAIN, and yes I drink all my water. My new plan has me consuming a lowfat yogurt daily,( for calcium) grains for fiber, lots of assorted veggies, and lean protein. My dr's shared that Calcium supplements sit in the stomach and do not get as well absorbed into the body as if it were in the food/skim milk, we drink.
I am looking forward to better health!!
hugs and best wishes to you all!!

Coastalcrafter: How do I send a private message?? I don't know how to send one and didn't know mine was locked!! DUH!!
Old 03-15-2011, 11:27 AM   #23  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4life View Post
congratulations that is awesome keep up the good work.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:31 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default salt water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
Hi Mary

When you did the salt water flush did you use warm water? I did it with warm water and it did the trick. Also did you try 1000 mg Vitamin C that was another recommendation my coach had was to take one of those a day and since then I have had no "bathroom" issues. You want want to discuss the Vitamin C thing with your Coach and see what they recommend.

Iceberg Lettuce question - I was told by my coach that Iceberg is technically allowed but there is no nutritional value so he does not recommend it. He recommends the following - Romaine, Field green mix, Arugula, Fresh Spinach, and he also stated that these lettuces were unlimited for me. Again you may want to ask your coach but I have lost 47lb i n10 weeks on these lettuces without an issue but it is always good to check with your coach anyway. Good luck!
I did use warm water, it was almost too warm. 0 results. I was going to try a more drastic approach. I will also get some vitamin C today as long as I'm at the pharmacy.
I don't have a coach, I'm just listening to the very learned people on this site for advice.
I think 47 lbs in 10 weeks is insane. I am so jealous! Good for you.
How are the tomatoes this week? Again, JEALOUS!
Old 03-15-2011, 11:32 AM   #25  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyloser2011 View Post
Coastalcrafter: How do I send a private message?? I don't know how to send one and didn't know mine was locked!! DUH!!
You may not be able to send or receive PM's yet. You have to be a member for 30 days and have made 20 or so posts. When you login, look at the top right corner, it should say Welcome, XXXXX right under that you can see private messages if you have them.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:33 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
ooooooohhh HIVES (itch and burn) - 2nd day - neck & under my arms & sides (except where I put my deodorant - perhaps I should put my deo everywhere HAH). I've read a few accounts with IP where 4 days is not odd. Anyone else? I began Week 7 yesterday - down 21 lbs...
my HIVES turned out to be scabies! Have you stayed in a hotel lately? I'm on a steroid pack now to help with the itching. Better check it out.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:35 AM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
Thank you so much!

I had a packet of table salt (I know! I know!) and I feel like myself again!
Use your sea salt or mineral salt, not table salt!
Glad you're feeling better.
Mary
Old 03-15-2011, 11:51 AM   #28  
Start IP 3/9/11

S/C/G: 215 /167.4 /130

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4life View Post
Congratulations!!
Old 03-15-2011, 11:58 AM   #29  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
I did use warm water, it was almost too warm. 0 results. I was going to try a more drastic approach. I will also get some vitamin C today as long as I'm at the pharmacy.
I don't have a coach, I'm just listening to the very learned people on this site for advice.
I think 47 lbs in 10 weeks is insane. I am so jealous! Good for you.
How are the tomatoes this week? Again, JEALOUS!
Thank you for the Hives response. Smile...

I see that you don't have a coach. We live too far away from any Ideal Protein facility and so can use the online asset and ordering. It is only accessed to those who don't have a coach or can't get to one. Let me know if you might be interested in this. I did ask and they did say that they cannot sell to or deal with those already active with an Ideal Protein Coach. This is called "Ideal to Go."
Old 03-15-2011, 12:14 PM   #30  
Restarting IP 2/14/2014

S/C/G: 279/264/160

Height: 5'6

Default Inches?

How many inches do you all typically lose? I know it varies just like the pound losses, but just wondering. In general it seems like people see more of a difference with inches moreso than pounds.
Closed Thread