Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 05:51 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat - Monday, 14 March 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To see what you missed over the weekend: 11-13 March 2011
Old 03-14-2011, 08:48 AM   #2  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

GOOD MORNING ALL! I was not on the forum this weekend getting the family on the mend and working in the yard. It was 70° Friday and Saturday then Sunday, it snowed about an inch. Crazy weather we have in KS.

Again so many new faces, WELCOME! So many great NSV and SV's, congratulations to all. Here is to a great week.

It felt so good to work out in the yard with my new chainsaw and blowervac cleaning up. Was not tired, just ran out of daylight and time. It has been a long time since I have felt this good and able to work in the yard, well 2.5 acres if you call that a yard...LOL. Next weekend, I am renting a skid steer to tear out a small grove of trees and shrubs to continue the cleanup. So I may not be around next weekend.

Couts71 - great job on phasing to phase 2 and finishing your journey. Great work.

Have a wonderful week all! WE CAN DO THIS!
Old 03-14-2011, 08:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Good morning!

Day 1 for me! I am so excited to be here!

I've had my breakfast (omelet) and some of my vitamins and I've started on my water. My lunch is packed (mushroom soup and salad with vegetables). I will be doing my initial WI and measurements later today. I will update you later tonight or tomorrow.

Have a great week everyone!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 03-14-2011 at 08:50 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 164.6/138.5/135

Height: 5'7"

Good morning fellow IPers!!
Juiceman: I bet you felt great doing this clean up with 55 pounds of your body! You are such an inspiration. Thank you!

SusieB: I'm sure you are pretty excited to start this plan! I know I was .. PLEASE stick with it.. my first week was sooooo long I was not sure if I was able to do it, but Hey.. here I am in my 10th weeks and almost 20 pounds gone! Hang in there beginning is the worst it does get a lot better!

For me today I realized something.. I was having breakfast, Crispy cereals turn into pancakes and I told myself that I don't want this diet to be over because I love so much this pancake! Ohh well.. I guess I will need to buy extra packets of the cereals when I'm done with the diet.

Have a good 100% OP day!
Old 03-14-2011, 09:28 AM   #5  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
Good morning!

Day 1 for me! I am so excited to be here!

I've had my breakfast (omelet) and some of my vitamins and I've started on my water. My lunch is packed (mushroom soup and salad with vegetables). I will be doing my initial WI and measurements later today. I will update you later tonight or tomorrow.

Have a great week everyone!
Welcome and all the best!

I started my third week last Friday and I'm already 9 lbs lighter after just two weeks. It feels amazing.

Just take it one meal/day at a time. If you are hungry, have a packet or eat celery/cucumber. My coach let me have up to 5 packets per day for the first 2 weeks. The first few days were kinda rough, but I was also really sick and I found the meals really easy to prepare.

When you get the inevitable headache, I really found the 1/2 tsp sea salt in 4oz warm water to REALLY work. Your body goes through some changes as it gets over its addiction to carbs, but you will break through and feel much better after a few days. For me it was the morning of day 4. I woke up and felt like I could conquer the world (after my omelet, of course).

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 03-14-2011 at 09:29 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-14-2011, 09:38 AM   #6  
Taking my life back...

S/C/G: 269/IP-13th-244/180

Height: 5' 5"

Default My 1st day...

So nice to wake-up and read such positive messages about IP. This is my 14th attempt and this time I will reach toward these boards to seek encouragement on a meal by meal basis.

I shared last night that 8 PM was always a tough time for me. Somebody said do something different (instead of boob tube time) and sooooo YES- I will and CAN do something else...I will post on the boards.

Gonna walk to work to kick start my program...I'll check in later.

Have a great Monday and keep the folks in Japan in your thoughts and your prayers.

Pam
Old 03-14-2011, 09:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 168/148.5/140; start 01/19/11

Height: 5'6"

stayingalive: I start my day at 6:30 to get the kids ready for school and don't go to bed until midnight because of my work schedule.... which makes for a really long day. I find that if I drink lots of water (30-50 oz) after dinner or sometimes some hot tea and eat my snack around 9 it helps me out a lot. I have the same snack every night, the chocolate soy puffs, and it feels like I am really getting a treat! Good luck!

Hollybear: I would love to do a bootcamp this week!

60 more days til my wedding!

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by happyloser2011; 03-14-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:06 AM   #8  

Good Morning, Just wanted to let all of you know how in awe I am of all you. I just finished week 1 with a loss of 6#. It was a struggle. I know you have all said it gets easier but it is so hard to stay committed. Don't want to be a downer on a beautiful monday. Hope everyone has a great week.You people really are amazing.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:06 AM   #9  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! Here's to another 100% IP week!!

stayingalive: That first week is brutal. No way around it. Our bodies are addicted to carbs and sugar, etc so an adjustment period is inevitable. Stick with it no matter what. This is your time!! Think of how fabulous you'll feel if you push through those hard days! I'm 9 weeks in: no cravings, no headaches, lots of energy, 34 lbs down and loving it.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:34 AM   #10  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

So many positive remarks and happy encouragement! Thanks to all!

YAY!!! I just made it to 20 pounds loss today. The lowest I've been in 20 years! I am so excited. I am not done! 60+ to go but I know now that I can do it! 7 Weeks begins TODAY! Did I mention that I'm excited? LOL!

(funny that this is a carrot since I can't have them yet but this is one happy carrot and so well expresses what I am feeling... Smile)
Old 03-14-2011, 10:41 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deve67 View Post
Good Morning, Just wanted to let all of you know how in awe I am of all you. I just finished week 1 with a loss of 6#. It was a struggle. I know you have all said it gets easier but it is so hard to stay committed. Don't want to be a downer on a beautiful monday. Hope everyone has a great week.You people really are amazing.
Hi, I'm in the middle of week 2. Week 1 was really hard. I was starving and had a mild headache most of the time. I was craving food so much I felt like chewing off my right arm. But in week 2 those things go away. I still very much feel like eating like a normal person would (a good variety of foods) but it's do-able. I guess it depends on whether you are more motivated to lose or to enjoy your meals whether this diet is for you. I sincerely applaud all the IP'ers on Phase 1-2 that have found a way to enjoy what they have been given to eat. It's not easy. I was a healthy eater (except for snacks) when I got to IP. I am quite small and have a small frame (4'11") and have 30 lbs to lose. So even though I knew how to eat and ate a fairly healthy diet, even a gain of 10lbs on me makes a huge difference. Over the years, through the occassional dessert or 2nd helping, I gained it and have a heck of time taking it off. Also I do not exercise at all and I'm sure that has alot to do with it. I came to IP because of health concerns more than anything. On the up-side, I can tell you that IP has made a very positive change in my skin. It is now softer and smoother all over. Also, cravings disappear. My plan is to give it another month, with hopefully a loss of 15 lbs and then switch to a lifestyle that includes more water, more exercise and more balance in my meals. I do not want to do diets like South Beach or Atkins - it's just more of the same.

I think in the long run, I have to learn to portion control. IP has taught me that though my meals were healthy, they were larger than what I needed and included too many carbohydrates. For those of us that are carb sensitive, IP certainly does seem to take care of the cravings.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:02 AM   #12  
IP with alternatives

S/C/G: 202/Ticker/140

Height: 5.4

Hello All, I hope everyone is having a great IP day after a great OP weekend. For me not so much. For the past two weeks I've been having a hard time staying OP during the weekend. I know it's because I don't have a schedule and there is always something to be done or places to be. I try to be prepared with cut up veggies and shakes ready to go, but the old habits of snacking (off protocol foods) and eating what everyone else is eating just keeps happening. And my Finance isn't helping. He is very proud of the progress that I have made but doesn't understand that a weekend off protocol screws up the whole week. I know it's all on me, I just need a helping hand every once and a while.

On another note, Has anyone tried the IP Collagen Supplement? I just got it, haven't tried it yet but I'm interested to know of it is really supposed to replace a protein pack which it says on the bottle. My coach isn't all that informative, he just sells me the products and encourages me. I get most of the important info here!

Thanks!
Old 03-14-2011, 11:18 AM   #13  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Hello everyone, I hope you all have an amazing day. Not OP today for my b day but back 100% tomorrow!!!
Old 03-14-2011, 11:29 AM   #14  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
Hello everyone, I hope you all have an amazing day. Not OP today for my b day but back 100% tomorrow!!!
Happy Birthday! Hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy. Come back strong and finish your journey. I will be doing the same thing in a few weeks. I want to finish my journey after my BDAY. You can do this!
Old 03-14-2011, 11:48 AM   #15  
Slowly Shrinking!

S/C/G: Size 18/Size 18/Size 12

Height: 5'8

Good Morning! WI #3 today, and my unofficial results are leading me to believe this will not be a big loss. BUT! That is A-OK as I had 2 NSV this weekend.

I had my first ever "Runner's High" on Saturday after an amazing trail run. I felt like I could do anything and I know being 11 pounds lighter is what helped me get there!

Secondly, the beautiful weather inspired me to get out my old Spring clothes from last year and I could see a real change. The inches lost make all the difference! Even my shoes felt bigger.

So here's to a great day for everyone - Spring is on it's way! Let's lose some weight and enjoy it.
Closed Thread