Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 02:06 PM   #46  

S/C/G: Restart: 233/ 214/ 170

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdigrrl View Post
For those of you with >60 lbs to lose (I have 80...maybe 100), did you stay in phase 1 the whole time, or did you set intermediate stages and cycle out to phase 4 and then start up again? This is what I've planned with my coach so that I don't get overwhelmed and defeated with the big goal--20 lb chunks seem more attainable.
But I'm worried how long will this prolong my whole process? I tend to be a run/walk kind of person rather than a long slow jog. How hard is it mentally to "keep in the game" for (maybe) a year?
I have between 100 and 120 and I've lost 71. My plan was go straight through. I went off for a couple of weeks in December for vacation and it was a bit of a mistake. I lost momentum and diligence. I wasn't loosing that fast to begin with but I slowed down due to a lack of following the program perfectly. I have lots of mini goals that keep me from being overwhelmed. I just met a milestone weight and got into the 170s. My next goal is 169.5. I also write down on a cheat list everything I want to eat on my cheat day when I'm done and it helps me not feel like I've said goodbye to it forever. I did that for Christmas and found that a lot of the cravings didn't appeal to me when the time came to have them.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #47  
IP 10/28/10

S/C/G: 294.6/181.8/144 (8/3/11)

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalison View Post
WI #7 today and I lost 5.5 lbs! I guess drinking 100 oz of water a day instead of the minimum really does help!

That isn't even the most exciting news!!!! That 5.5 lbs takes me to 197.5 and into ONEDERLAND! I am beyond excited today. I will NEVER be over 200 lbs again!!!! Now to go and update my ticker.
Congratulations on ONEDERLAND! It is really exciting for me to see others have such success. Soon I hope to be in ONDERLAND, too.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:31 PM   #48  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figgypudding View Post
You're not allowed to use a straw when you have wisdom teeth out. You could pull out the clotting and get dry socket. It has nothing to do with ip.
ohhhhh here I thought that was an IP thing, had me worried cause smoothies go down so much better with a straw... Thanks
Old 03-11-2011, 03:20 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 182(size16)/143(size 8)/132ish

Height: 5'6 started IP 2/2/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastergirl411 View Post
Day 15 here and didn't have a big loss for WI #2 is this normal?
What I found, is sometimes you hit a plateau, but keep going, you will probably see a bigger number next week. Plus, TOM comes into factor. I think 10 days before mine, I am bloated and heavier... but last week, (even though it was that TOM, I had a big number, but my week 3 was so little.

It's just different for everyone, and when I first joined, I was like woah, that person lost this much and this person lost that much!!?! But it will all come off, just keep staying OP, drinking your water, eating those darn veggies, and no cheating. I promise... it works.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:21 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 271/257/185

Height: 5'11

Had my first weigh in today - down 7.5. I know the first week is mostly water, so I'm excited to start week two.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:22 PM   #51  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Good morning to all IP troopers! My little man is home from his stay in the hospital with RSV. He is still struggling, but we are watching him. Thanks for all the thoughts and kind words yesterday. Being a stay at home dad yesterday and the day before, was difficult and tempting with staying on Protocol. I did though.

Here is to another 100% day!
I am so glad your little guy is home!! I remember when my 3yr old nephew was in for respiratory issues. It was so unnerving and scary. He had to stay 2 weeks and they had to do surgery and "wash" his lungs. I am so glad your baby is home with you two. Lots of prayers and good wishes coming your way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
Morning y'all! Good luck, Vanessa, bs safe Judy, and way to stick it out Juice!. I feel ya with the stay at home making it harder, I try to get out with the girls everyday so I'm not staring at the pantry.

Today I'm going visit my aunt and uncle, bringing my packets along. So ready for some crawfish. I know the sodium is bad....but HOW bad? Could I just drink extra water to counteract?
that is an individual response so only you can answer it. It isn't good generally but, the more water you drink will help make it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
Hello everyone!

This is my last weekend before I start the IP Plan on Monday. I will be going to the gym to buy my first "groceries" on my lunch hour today. Any suggestions for what I absolutely must have/try and what to avoid would be greatly appreciated!

I already bought the three IP vitamins (Cal-Mag, Potassion and Multi-Vita) and one package of the new IP ready-to-drink shakes even though they are kind of expensive. I have some Pure Protein bars from Costco hidden away in the pantry at home as well but I will try to hold off on those for a while since they are restricted. I am now ready for some packets. What did you start with and what are your favorites?

I plan on having a shake for breakfast on Monday morning and I have an appointment at the gym to start my file, inlcuding my official "before" WI and measurements on my lunch hour. I will eat lunch afterwards.

I will also be doing real grocery shopping, for the vegetables, on the weekend. Suggestions for this are also welcome.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Please read the FAQ and NEWBIE TIPS you will find so much information!! I can't remember which, I think Newbie tips, is where you will find a long grocery list of items many of us get.

Congratulations on all your planning. You will have a great week ahead of you!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyloser2011 View Post
I posted a few days ago about not being able to afford the IP packets this week and someone gave me some helpful tips, however, I apologize I cannot find that thread now and am unsure who gave me the tips.

My question is this, the reply said I could try doing real food proteins and protein shakes this week. Do real eggs as a meal (w/o the yolks of course), canned tunna, EAS, muscle milk... etc., etc., is this in place of my IP packets or is this my protein for the day? I am still a little confused as I have only been on Phase I and am not sure how to do it on my own and what is required for daily "counts." Is there a thread on here that outlines what exactly I am supposed to be doing if not using the IP packets?

Again, I apologize for my confusion but I have really just gone along blindly with what the coach says, eating what I am supposed to eat along with the IP packets, but don't really know what my total carb, fat, protein is actually supposed to be for a day. I have had AWESOME results on this plan and wish I could afford the packets forever but it is just not possible. I really don't want to gain back any weight I have lost so I want to do this the right way.

I found this forum to be so inspirational and motivational! It really makes me want to stick with it harder and not have any cheats! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Btw, down another 2 pounds this week! Have a great day everyone!

I made a post to this concern last week, maybe it was me?? Anyway, no, I don't recall any one place with all the details. Most people who track find there day is around 850 to 1000 (MAX) calories. They have about 30g carbs, roughly 25g fat, and about 90g protein. Try to get that.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3745659-post5.html

The above is the link of what I suggested to someone else who needed to do this on their own without IP.

You can have a protein drink or real food protein whenever you had protein before.

In general try to use egg whites and lean proteins (chicken or fish) or a protein drink to substitute for when you would have had an IP food item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinergirl View Post
I am determined to make it thru this weekend 100% op. Last night I had the big mac in a bowl. Whoever thought this up....YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am so tired of grilled chicken and steamed broccoli that I could just scream. I have a tendency to find something that I like and just keep eating it over and over. Takes the guesswork out of what to eat. Especially since we arent eating for enjoyment anymore. It's just fuel right. Tomorrow is a combination birthday party for my two youngest daughters and my oldest daughter's bf. The sad thing is that I am not worried about saying no to the birthday cake and party food, but I just cringe at what my evil MIL is going to say about my weight loss and diet plan in front of everybody. I love my DH dearly but if I had known his mother first.....never would have married him. Here's to a great weekend everybody.
That credit goes to Jordanna. She is not here right now as she had a very welcome and fortunate blessing of getting pregnant (a surprise, possibly related to changes from this diet, and very much wanted). I expect she will be back later this year after she's had her baby girl. She is still in contact with many of us who use IP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach can do it View Post
Good morning fellow IPers! I was in vacation last week and got some more motivation while I was there. My boyfriend of 4 years proposed!!! I am so excited and this was really that final push I needed to make it all the way to the end!

Question for you all. Have you tried the Nova Cleanse? My coach is really pushing it and I wondered what you all thought of in since it is more on the expensive side! Thanks!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!
I believe we just had a post this week about Novi Cleanse to FAQ or Tips for Newbies.

Congrats on the engagement! How exciting for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wekaba View Post
Today is day three!! This diet is awesome so far! Of course I don't know if I a losing weight since I refuse to weigh more than once a week, but I am telling ya....I am not hungry all of the time like with other diets! I find that amazing!

I have two questions:
Phase 1 requires "2 cups of Select Vegetables" for lunch and dinner. Do you know if that is 'before cooking' measurements?
If I cook 1 cup of raw zuchini, it ends up being less than one cup after cooking.

Second question is about the meat for supper.
Do we weigh the meat before or after cooking. Some chicken breasts have so much liquid added to them before they are frozen and can weigh significantly less after cooking.
I just want to be sure to be getting enough protein from the meat.

Okay, now that I am thinking about this, I have a final question:My food list for Phase 1 states that I can have Tuna, but then says "Red Tuna-1 x per week. What is RED TUNA?
The ingredients on my Starkist Tuna Pouch says : "Light Tuna, Water, Vegetable Broth, Salt." I am assuming that it is NOT Red Tuna.

Thanks in advance for your responses!
Measure veggies, ESPECIALLY leafy green items, before cooking.

Measure meats before cooking (especially for red meat and fatty dense cuts of meat or fish).

Red Tuna is something like Salmon I am told. I have never found it and it is not in canned form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
Just got back from the Dr's office. Scabies, thank you Sheraton Inn.
Off to the vets to get some shampoo for the dogs and probably my DH and myself.
OH MY!! My great aunt got that at a rehabilitation center after hip surgery. AHH..

If you want something more natural look at a health food oriented store or whole foods type store for neem oil. Mix it with a bit of jojoba oil as a carrier then, rub over your skin and scalp. It will stink but, it is not a pesticide, is less toxic to your body and if you rub it one daily it will get rid of those things. It works mixed with pet shampoo or in a water mist and rubbed into their fur too.

Neem is normally made into a paste with turmeric in the east and is a great treatment but time consuming.

You can also use neem oil and tea tree to treat pets for manage and for fleas. It works great without the harsh effect of pesticides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Lily View Post
Hello guys & gals!
Problem now is... that I'm losing weight pretty quickly... I can't imagine buying new clothes every few weeks, to wear for just a small amount of time. That's silly! So if anyone out there who is also changing rapidly, please share what you are doing! I'd really appreciate it, & I'm sure everyone will find these tips/suggestions helpful.

Down 20 lbs! yay me! & YAY EVERYONE ELSE on here!!

I wore mine til unbearable as far as looseness then, I went to consignment shops and good will. I sometimes could trade my stuff in on exchange at consignment stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
Stopping in for a quick Hello!!! Pretty crazy hectic around here so not much time to be on board. Hangin in there and doing my best.

Have a great day everyone
Glad to see you hangin' in there!! I hope today you feel much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wekaba View Post
I am on day three of IP!
Pre-IP, I was so used to having a cup of hot tea with SUGAR every morning. I have never been a fan of artificial sweetner in my tea. I bought a box of "TRUVIA" sweetener because I had a coupon for it and I thought that if I didn't like it, I wouldn't be out much $$.
I must say that I REALLY like it....surprised myself! When I had my tea this morning, I didn't even think about it having something other than sugar added.

I read some consumer reviews on TRUVIA vs. PUREVIA, both are from the Stevia plant, and most people say they like the Truvia much better and that the PureVia leave a bitter aftertaste.

I guess I got lucky when I bought that particular one. Maybe you can try it and see if you like it better.

Be careful with Truvia. Erythritol, a component of truvia, is not preferred by many at IP as it has inconsistent impact on insulin reactions. Some feel it and others do not. ALSO, it is a sugar alcohol and each carb counts as 1/2 the value. So, 1 packet adds 1.5 carbs to your day. It can quickly add up and takes some people out of ketosis without their knowing why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdigrrl View Post
For those of you with >60 lbs to lose (I have 80...maybe 100), did you stay in phase 1 the whole time, or did you set intermediate stages and cycle out to phase 4 and then start up again? This is what I've planned with my coach so that I don't get overwhelmed and defeated with the big goal--20 lb chunks seem more attainable.
But I'm worried how long will this prolong my whole process? I tend to be a run/walk kind of person rather than a long slow jog. How hard is it mentally to "keep in the game" for (maybe) a year?
I had/have 112 to 124 total to lose. I lost the first 80 plus in one go but, my body was loudly screaming stop. I have had a bit of a time getting back on plan to drop the last 35 to 45. (I may lower my goal if my measurements/size get where I want to be before the weight I imagined.)

It is individual by person and sometimes you don't know the answer till your body is giving indications of what you need.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:26 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 164.6/138.5/135

Height: 5'7"

I just realize today that I'm at the weight I used to lied about.. I always told people when they ask, I was around 145-150 lbs.. pheww.. haha!
Old 03-11-2011, 03:26 PM   #53  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
i've been on plan for only 9 weeks and i have lost almost 40 lbs. my goal is 75 lbs and i'm already half way there! i estimate that i should be done by june. it's really not that bad if you think about how long it actually took you to put the weight on. for me it took 29 years to get as heavy as i was, but only 6 months to get thin. not a bad trade-off.
It'll be interesting to see the difference in your weight loss. Were you starting around the same point? You are doing phenomenally, and you look amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy View Post
Hi nerdigrrl,

I decided to stay right through, it will be a year for me in May. My goal is to reach 150 or 1 year then phase off. If I haven't reached my goal, I plan to go back after a few months. I know if I had done the phase on/phase off I wouldn't have phased back on.
In the end, you have to do what is right for you.
Addy, wow. I agree about not being able to phase back on. I'm so excited for you, you have less than 30 to go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figgypudding View Post
I have between 100 and 120 and I've lost 71. My plan was go straight through. I went off for a couple of weeks in December for vacation and it was a bit of a mistake. I lost momentum and diligence. I wasn't loosing that fast to begin with but I slowed down due to a lack of following the program perfectly. I have lots of mini goals that keep me from being overwhelmed. I just met a milestone weight and got into the 170s. My next goal is 169.5. I also write down on a cheat list everything I want to eat on my cheat day when I'm done and it helps me not feel like I've said goodbye to it forever. I did that for Christmas and found that a lot of the cravings didn't appeal to me when the time came to have them.
Thanks, Figgy for this. I love the cheat list. I need to get back to following perfectly. I started in December, have lost 40, and hope to lose about 75 more. I'll re-evaluate when I get there, and see if I want to lose more, but I've always been very muscular in the legs and bigger up top. I kinda like the girls, so I'll be keeping them! Maybe. Mrs. D is an inspiration to me!

For now, I'm taking it 10 at a time. I can do that. I can't do 120 pounds.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:26 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 182(size16)/143(size 8)/132ish

Height: 5'6 started IP 2/2/11

Carla...
I had/have 112 to 124 total to lose. I lost the first 80 plus in one go but, my body was loudly screaming stop. I have had a bit of a time getting back on plan to drop the last 35 to 45. (I may lower my goal if my measurements/size get where I want to be before the weight I imagined.)

WOW! You look so amazing. No wonder you are so helpful and know so much about IP and on this site. Good for you. What an inspiration!

Last edited by momoffive; 03-11-2011 at 03:27 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:01 PM   #55  

So today is day 9. I had my first weigh-in yesterday and lost 6 lbs and 4 inches. I was also suffering from constipation and hadn't had a decent BM for about 5 days. I only lost 3/4" on my waist and 3/4" on my hips. I got some of the laxative supplements from IP and dropped another pound or two this morning. Do we have to have IP supplements? A good quality supplement is much the same as any other and $23 for a laxative (made from Senna) is a bit expensive. I think in my intial visit my IP supplements came to over $70. I can get the same from the health food store for less than 1/2 the cost.

Anyway, I picked up the tomato soup for the first time. I would like to make a vegetable casserole. Has anyone used the tomato soup for cooking other things? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Have a good weekend.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:12 PM   #56  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Weigh in number two today. Down another 2.5 lbs for a total of 9 in two weeks. Fighting a sinus infection after having an ear infection two weeks ago. Am hoping that probiotics helps me get back to healthy before too long. Oh, and the boatloads of antibiotics should help. Ugh. Staying on plan despite all the challenges.

Thank you to all for your inspiring posts. It's nice to know I'm not going it alone.

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 03-11-2011 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 03-11-2011, 05:03 PM   #57  
IP 10/28/10

S/C/G: 294.6/181.8/144 (8/3/11)

Height: 5' 7"

Default Thank You Juiceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Good morning all. Here is to another 100% IP day.

.............. I want to offer some words of encouragement to all of those who may fall in these situations. I know first hand this protocol works, I have seen it work wonders for my mother and father in law. My 2 sister in laws are doing this as well with great results.

This program really is no miracle. It does not work overnight as many of us did not get where we are overnight. This protocol takes dedication and the want from ourselves to change our ways and physical appearance. ...........................................

Together we can finish. Have a great day and here is to 100% protocol!
I just read this today on the "Tips for Newbies" thread and wanted to thank Juiceman for taking the time to write it down. It is quite a lengthy post but well worth the time to read it through.

Juiceman, you should be a writer.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:08 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 288/268.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Not impressed with coach

I had my weigh-in today...first of all my coach was over half an hour late. Then, when I had a loss (yes a LOSS) of two pounds, she seemed incredibly disappointed in me. Over the last week and a half I have been battling stomach issues and recently dental surgery, thus making it a challenge to consume my 3 packets, plus my real protein and veggies, plus my water. To be honest, I wasn`t expecting a loss at all!
I figured a loss is a loss, I have lost 10% of my initial starting weight (29lbs) in six weeks. I don`t see how that is problematic. Sure I would like it to be more, but it`s better than none! I am starting to consider going with Ideal2Go because of the frustrations I am having with my coach. I expected her to be more encouraging given the things I Have been through the last couple weeks.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:17 PM   #59  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camio87 View Post
I had my weigh-in today...first of all my coach was over half an hour late. Then, when I had a loss (yes a LOSS) of two pounds, she seemed incredibly disappointed in me. Over the last week and a half I have been battling stomach issues and recently dental surgery, thus making it a challenge to consume my 3 packets, plus my real protein and veggies, plus my water. To be honest, I wasn`t expecting a loss at all!
I figured a loss is a loss, I have lost 10% of my initial starting weight (29lbs) in six weeks. I don`t see how that is problematic. Sure I would like it to be more, but it`s better than none! I am starting to consider going with Ideal2Go because of the frustrations I am having with my coach. I expected her to be more encouraging given the things I Have been through the last couple weeks.
Try not to dwell on it. You have done a GREAT job so far. Seriously. 29 pounds in 6 weeks?! Fantastic!!!

It is incredible how IP coaches differ in their styles and personalities (or lack thereof). Are there multiple coaches at your clinic? Maybe you could switch?

Keep rocking it. I hope your mouth is starting to feel better!
Old 03-11-2011, 05:25 PM   #60  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Everyone:

I just came back from WI and I am down another -3 lbs this week and 3 inch loss this week. Hey I will take it. I found out some interesting news today. I am not the only one on this cleanse at my clinic that is complaining about it. It seems everyone that is on this cleanse at my coach's office is complaining how their weight loss slowed since they were put on it. It makes you wonder??? My coach was not in but his receptionist is going to ask him about it and when I am in next week I am going to ask him to check the Corporate office about their findings. It def makes me curious and also relieved that I am not the only one going through this. I do not want to bad mouth the cleanse since IP has done a lot for me so far it is just in my personal findings I am not very fond of it and I will leave it at that. I am not a quitter like I said a few days ago so I am going to ride it out for my last week.

I hope everyone has a great night. Off to the "out laws" for dinner. They are great they keep it IP friendly for me. Gotta love them.
Closed Thread