Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 09:56 AM   #16  
Started IP 1/3/11

S/C/G: 198.9/167.3/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning fellow IPers! I was in vacation last week and got some more motivation while I was there. My boyfriend of 4 years proposed!!! I am so excited and this was really that final push I needed to make it all the way to the end!

Question for you all. Have you tried the Nova Cleanse? My coach is really pushing it and I wondered what you all thought of in since it is more on the expensive side! Thanks!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!
Old 03-11-2011, 10:06 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 246/214/150

Height: 5'7"

I am determined to make it thru this weekend 100% op. Last night I had the big mac in a bowl. Whoever thought this up....YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am so tired of grilled chicken and steamed broccoli that I could just scream. I have a tendency to find something that I like and just keep eating it over and over. Takes the guesswork out of what to eat. Especially since we arent eating for enjoyment anymore. It's just fuel right. Tomorrow is a combination birthday party for my two youngest daughters and my oldest daughter's bf. The sad thing is that I am not worried about saying no to the birthday cake and party food, but I just cringe at what my evil MIL is going to say about my weight loss and diet plan in front of everybody. I love my DH dearly but if I had known his mother first.....never would have married him. Here's to a great weekend everybody.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:07 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach can do it View Post
Good morning fellow IPers! I was in vacation last week and got some more motivation while I was there. My boyfriend of 4 years proposed!!! I am so excited and this was really that final push I needed to make it all the way to the end!

Question for you all. Have you tried the Nova Cleanse? My coach is really pushing it and I wondered what you all thought of in since it is more on the expensive side! Thanks!

You might check beachbella's posts I think she is doing it right now
Old 03-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:

Congratulations! Talk about motivation! I was able to lose 55 lbs. on WW before my own wedding and am motivated now because of a wedding coming up that I'm a bridesmaid in...have fun planning, can't wait to see your dress!
Old 03-11-2011, 10:44 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:

In all my time on this forum I have never seen/heard anyone say anything positive about the novi cleanse. I tried it in October of last year and HATED it. I felt extremly dehydrated, and I had cramps and a pain for 2 days starting on the 2nd or 3rd day. I wasted $60.00. My opinion: Don't waste your money!
Old 03-11-2011, 10:44 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 236/222/185

Height: 5'7

Happy Friday! Today is my first official WI since starting IP last week. Last night was my first real temptation, and my first NSV. Went to dinner with the girls, I didn't get a margarita, and didn't pick up a single chip! I had a grilled chicken salad and brought my own dressing. So stupid proud of myself! Here's hoping the scale reflects it. Have a good weekend, all!
Old 03-11-2011, 10:45 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 198/198/130

Height: 5'0"

Hello! Today I finished my first day on IP. I thought I would have a hard time with the water but I didn't. I do miss my coffee and I'm getting a bit of a headache due to caffeine withdrawl. I tried having some with stevia but it wasn't the same. I had to choke down my tuna for supper. OMG, I really don't like tuna, I forgot how much. I feel good and I'm off to bed. I work night shifts a lot. If anyone has any advice on shift workers, let me know please? I work 12 hour shifts and half of them are nights. Tough going into a day from a night because you either lose or gain a day. Sleep is very disrupted too.
Well, goodnight all. Reading all these posts has really inspired me. After taking my pictures yesterday I just wanted to cry! You guys are all so determined!
Old 03-11-2011, 10:55 AM   #23  
Start IP 3/9/11

S/C/G: 215 /167.4 /130

Height: 5' 4"

Today is day three!! This diet is awesome so far! Of course I don't know if I a losing weight since I refuse to weigh more than once a week, but I am telling ya....I am not hungry all of the time like with other diets! I find that amazing!

I have two questions:
Phase 1 requires "2 cups of Select Vegetables" for lunch and dinner. Do you know if that is 'before cooking' measurements?
If I cook 1 cup of raw zuchini, it ends up being less than one cup after cooking.

Second question is about the meat for supper.
Do we weigh the meat before or after cooking. Some chicken breasts have so much liquid added to them before they are frozen and can weigh significantly less after cooking.
I just want to be sure to be getting enough protein from the meat.

Okay, now that I am thinking about this, I have a final question:My food list for Phase 1 states that I can have Tuna, but then says "Red Tuna-1 x per week. What is RED TUNA?
The ingredients on my Starkist Tuna Pouch says : "Light Tuna, Water, Vegetable Broth, Salt." I am assuming that it is NOT Red Tuna.

Thanks in advance for your responses!
Old 03-11-2011, 11:19 AM   #24  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
Hello everyone!

This is my last weekend before I start the IP Plan on Monday. I will be going to the gym to buy my first "groceries" on my lunch hour today. Any suggestions for what I absolutely must have/try and what to avoid would be greatly appreciated!

I already bought the three IP vitamins (Cal-Mag, Potassion and Multi-Vita) and one package of the new IP ready-to-drink shakes even though they are kind of expensive. I have some Pure Protein bars from Costco hidden away in the pantry at home as well but I will try to hold off on those for a while since they are restricted. I am now ready for some packets. What did you start with and what are your favorites?

I plan on having a shake for breakfast on Monday morning and I have an appointment at the gym to start my file, inlcuding my official "before" WI and measurements on my lunch hour. I will eat lunch afterwards.

I will also be doing real grocery shopping, for the vegetables, on the weekend. Suggestions for this are also welcome.

Have a great weekend everyone!
When I started I got a variety pack of different things and tried most. My favorite for lunch is the omlette or tomato basil soup.
Breakfast I have tried most of the drinks and they were okay. I also like for breakfast to make a smoothie out of the drinks or with the Chocolate pudding packs I make kind of a chocolate mousse/malt drink, either add ice and cinnamon or rasp/chocolate coffee ice cubes and raspberry syrup, also love the cappachino ones with ice in a blender,for an ice cap. when it hot I think it kind of tastes like soap. and Vanilla pudding with chai tea in the evening or morning.
Have tried some restricted items, chili I liked. chips and puffs are okay, I am a peanut butter addict so I have bought a couple of the choc/peanut bars and they hit the spot. Happy shopping.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:49 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 180/136/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenchurch View Post
Hello! Today I finished my first day on IP. I thought I would have a hard time with the water but I didn't. I do miss my coffee and I'm getting a bit of a headache due to caffeine withdrawl. I tried having some with stevia but it wasn't the same. I had to choke down my tuna for supper. OMG, I really don't like tuna, I forgot how much. I feel good and I'm off to bed. I work night shifts a lot. If anyone has any advice on shift workers, let me know please? I work 12 hour shifts and half of them are nights. Tough going into a day from a night because you either lose or gain a day. Sleep is very disrupted too.
Well, goodnight all. Reading all these posts has really inspired me. After taking my pictures yesterday I just wanted to cry! You guys are all so determined!
I also work the night shift and it's hard going back and forth with the IP diet. I've been asking for advice on this subject also. I had my breakfast when I wake up in the afternoon, supper meal around 8-9pm before I go to work, then eat lunch in the middle of my shift, then have snack when I get home in the AM. It's a stuggle with weight loss--mainly I think due to sleep pattern. I'm hoping someone has advice on how to do the diet with working night shift.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:49 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 164.6/138.5/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Good morning Vanessa, I meant to ask you if you did give blood last week and how it went... I found because I am drinking more water it is so much faster.
Good morning!

No I didn't gave blood last week.. I'm kind of affraid of my body reaction, I think I will wait until phase 3 or 4! But I sure will, it's so important!!

On the other note, I just came back to my WI #9: -3,2
YEAH!! So proud of myself. This really works.. I still cannot believe it!

Also I see a lot of Newbie : WELCOME!! and this diet is the best thing you can do for yourself. We all must be proud of our victories, small or big!

NSV: Today I wore my spring jacket, WOW I will need to get an other one I'm floating in it!

I know I will have a wonderful day today!
Old 03-11-2011, 11:57 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Hello everyone..wow another day and a little more fat gone...I like it...
this weekend we are going to Dallas for the weekend..My ideal protein is packed and expecting a great trip..taking my walking shoes..I want to start moving my butt more and enjoying life...
Wake up and tell yourself lets enjoy living today...find one thing to do this weekend that you normally wouldn't do...
take a walking trail...go bowling-skating-swimming-dancing-zumba-belly dancing- rock climbing- martial arts class..judo is great for the body--anything...
just get out and move and leave your comfort zone..then Monday we'll see how many fun stories we have from the weekend...I'll be looking for fun stuff this weekend in Dallas...
Hugs to all...

:runnin g:
Hey Jodogirl, I'm heading to Dallas too! I love it there and I only live 80 miles north.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:02 PM   #28  

S/C/G: Restart: 233/ 214/ 170

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Good morning to all IP troopers! My little man is home from his stay in the hospital with RSV. He is still struggling, but we are watching him. Thanks for all the thoughts and kind words yesterday. Being a stay at home dad yesterday and the day before, was difficult and tempting with staying on Protocol. I did though.

Here is to another 100% day!
So glad the little guy is home. Good job yesterday sticking to protocol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camio87 View Post
I am due for weigh-in number six? today. I don`t feel like I have lost much at all this week. Especially since having my wisdom teeth out a couple of days ago - eating is a huge challenge - I don`t have much for an appetite, my mouth is sore, and all I want is a mcd shake to make my mouth less sore. Even eating the crispy cereal is a challenge! I
haven`t had all my water most days, and am just getting stressed out. I know it is a temporary hiccup, but I don`t want to slow my progress.
I hope everybody has a great OP weekend.
Why not make your own milkshakes out of the puddings in the blender with ice. Or make a frozen pin a colada. Make sure not to use a straw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
Hello everyone!

This is my last weekend before I start the IP Plan on Monday. I will be going
to the gym to buy my first "groceries" on my lunch hour today. Any suggestions for what I absolutely must have/try and what to avoid would be greatly appreciated!

I already bought the three IP vitamins (Cal-Mag, Potassion and Multi-Vita) and one package of the new IP ready-to-drink shakes even though they are kind of expensive. I have some Pure Protein bars from Costco hidden away in the pantry at home as well but I will try to hold off on those for a while since they are restricted. I am now ready for some packets. What did you start with and what are your favorites?

I plan on having a shake for breakfast on Monday morning and I have an appointment at the gym to start my file, inlcuding my official "before" WI and measurements on my lunch hour. I will eat lunch afterwards.

I will also be doing real grocery shopping, for the vegetables, on the weekend. Suggestions for this are also welcome.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Get every vegetable that is allowed that you can have. You can get creative on week 2. Just know that if you have your before weight today, and then carbo load over the weekend before starting the diet on Monday like a lot of people do, your first weigh in will not be as dramatic. You'll throw the numbers off. Make sure to get a new weight Monday morning before you actually start if you want to see the big drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly0618 View Post
Hi
I am done with the diet and have lots of IP packets left. Would anyone want to buy them? I will sell them for a cheaper price than regular. Let me know if anyone is interested.
What do you have?

Quote:

How exciting! You're not supposed to say congratulations to the bride so I'll say YAY!! Instead.

I did the novi cleanse because my weight loss was stalled and I was having a lot of problems with C. The cleanse worked like a laxative. I had no problems with it but once I was finished it the C was back. Then the nurse put me on a daily regimen of 1 digestive enzyme plus 2 novilax plus 1 vitamin c 500mg at breakfast and dinner. I haven't had a problem with C since. If the cleanse is because you are having digestive issues, you may want to try just the novilax first to save the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wekaba View Post
Today is day three!! This diet is awesome so far! Of course I don't know if I a losing weight since I refuse to weigh more than once a week, but I am telling ya....I am not hungry all of the time like with other diets! I find that amazing!

I have two questions:
Phase 1 requires "2 cups of Select Vegetables" for lunch and dinner. Do you know if that is 'before cooking' measurements?
If I cook 1 cup of raw zuchini, it ends up being less than one cup after cooking.

Second question is about the meat for supper.
Do we weigh the meat before or after cooking. Some chicken breasts have so much liquid added to them before they are frozen and can weigh significantly less after cooking.
I just want to be sure to be getting enough protein from the meat.

Okay, now that I am thinking about this, I have a final question:My food list for Phase 1 states that I can have Tuna, but then says "Red Tuna-1 x per week. What is RED TUNA?
The ingredients on my Starkist Tuna Pouch says : "Light Tuna, Water, Vegetable Broth, Salt." I am assuming that it is NOT Red Tuna.

Thanks in advance for your responses!
I was told measure the veggies BEFORE cooking, the meat AFTER cooking, and only fresh tuna is allowed because of the sodium.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:13 PM   #29  

Default Boot Camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4meandbrandon View Post
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Here is the main thread for ideal protein. So just scroll down and find the alternative products and also helpful threads
Hey Teresa, what happened to Boot camp this week? Are you on for next week?
Mary
Old 03-11-2011, 12:14 PM   #30  

Default Dr.

Just got back from the Dr's office. Scabies, thank you Sheraton Inn.
Off to the vets to get some shampoo for the dogs and probably my DH and myself.
Closed Thread