Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 11:56 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 210/172/137

Height: 5.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatiN View Post
I love this plan because of the weight I've lost, but honestly I'm not loving all the flavors. I know I need to suck it up and deal, but eating it 3 times a day is a lot. I have so much respect for those who've been on it months! My coach hasn't been doing this for long and I don't think he has a lot of clients so he couldn't do sample boxes and won't let me return opened boxes of stuff I don't like or exchange packets. Is there anybody else in a similar situation that would like to trade packets? For example, I've tried the WB yogurt drink twice, it was actually the first thing I ate, but I hate it, with a passion. I still have 5 packets left, so I would love to trade, maybe sell them. I also have a hard time eating that chocolate and strawberry puddings, but I love vanilla.
Anybody have any ideas?
I have a hard time getting pudding and the yogurt down too. There is a thread to make your packets more interesting. Just an quick easy fix would be to get a Magic bullet type blender or there is also the cheaper Rocket blender. add double the water and blend. You can add ice too. or mint tea to choc. or vanilila. With the choc powder drink and mint iced tea it tastes like a thin mint. Its my fav! I get the puddings down best if I can drink them, Blending is great, I still haven't figured out how to get a smooth blend with a shaker. I only blend now, eggs, jello, everything. It takes 5 seconds. no clumps. and after you drink it all add a little water put the lid on and shake and drink. and no part of the packet is wasted.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:11 AM   #152  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw83 View Post
My sisters wedding is next weekend, and I`m unsure about what to do! My original plan was, if I wasn`t at my goal ( about 7 more pounds to go) I`d phase off for 1 or 2 days and then go right back on phase 1 on Monday following the wedding. Now I`m not sure....I went to phase 2 but was scared to go to phase 3 this week so stuck to phase 2 eating. What would you do? Would I break my momentum by going totally off? (I know I would, but would it be really hard to get back on track for these last 7-10 pounds? )I don`t really want to be worrying about my food over the weekend, but I`m not totally sure I`m ready to eat "regular" either! Any thoughts?!
Hope I don't sound like the little devil side of your thoughts here. But its your sisters wedding. enjoy yourself. If not, 90 percent of your thoughts that day will be about your diet. I think a lesson here would be to see if you can eat in healthy moderation. You are very close to being finished so perhaps a good skill to practice. You will be getting a cheat day soon too, so would it be horrible to have one sooner? Stay in control or your choices and don't derail. Part of an event is food and learning how to eat like a lady might be a good skill. ;-) My coach suggested if a cheat had to occur try to limit the length of time. the sooner you get back on the better.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:15 AM   #153  

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteandcute View Post
I can't help with the tuna question. I measured my vegetables raw in a measuring cup. I weighed my meat raw on a food scale. Eating the correct amount is very important.

When I started Ip I planned to stay on plan till I lost 55 or so pounds. I thought it would take about 4 or 5 months. By the third to fifth month I knew it was going to take longer than I had originally thought. I decided to stick it out till I got to my goal. I'm not going to say it was easy some days, especially as my weight slowed down more and more the last few months. It took almost 9 months. Since we are all so different, the answer will vary for each of us. Do what is best for you. Judy
Judy,

any tips to get off the last pounds. I have 36 more to go- goal weight 137. I don;t want it to slow down. more water, exercise, strict protocol. What helped you.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:22 AM   #154  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

Starting to feel like I have been on IP forever and I'm only on week 10. Don't get me wrong my weight loss has been incredible but sometimes it makes me feel like just quiting but I know I can't. I've got 10-15 pounds to go and it feels like the last bit of weight loss is now crawling off. I'm still sticking with protocol but feeling on and off discouraged and today is just one of those days. I want the 120's just gotta take it one day at at time.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:23 AM   #155  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelee10 View Post
I TOTALLY agree with you. Buying a bathing suit is the most difficult no matter what your size. I just tried on a beach cover up yesterday and that was scary. Didn't cover up nearly enough! However, it reinforced my need to keep on losing if I even want to be able to wear shorts this summer. That brings me to a question I've been meaning to ask every one - the other big C - celulite. Maybe I'll try to start a thread on that.
I feel the protein packs have helped a ton with the celulite. Its supposed to. try the jello too. It has collagen- and great for skin. I do the elliptical on low and I can see a difference on my thighs when Im not exercising. Plus you need to realize that you are the only one that really cares about your thighs. I think its better to act comfortable then to hide. People see and sense when you are self conscious.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:29 AM   #156  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentlehyena View Post
My weight loss has slowed to a crawl, in my 5th week. I don't have a coach but mentioned it at the Spa where I purchase my IP products and she thinks it is because I allow my vegetables to brown, when I saute or bake them. What do you think, anyone? I know I am not drinking all the water I should so that may be it too?? HELP. I feel discouragement creeping in..........
I guess the browning has to do with additional sugars in the veggies? They are sweeter when you cook them I believe. Stick with it. No other diet I know get this kind of constant result. Maybe try raw veggies? Measured and bagged ahead. So you planed and prepared. Also my coach suggested the meal at lunch instead of dinner. Also, try the lower carb packets. the puddings are low. I think orange drink too. Maybe also try to time your packets so they are spread cording to your day, and get that water down!!!!
Old 03-13-2011, 12:31 AM   #157  
Started IP 2/24/11

S/C/G: 189/185/150

Height: 5'4

Lost 4.4 the first wi and only .3 the second. The average is good. I wore the same thing, it was at the same time. Early morn before eating. It could have been due to the big c. Hoping the next wi is better. Thanks!
Old 03-13-2011, 12:34 AM   #158  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manysizes View Post
In my opinion, this is nothing but out and out abuse. They are working for YOU - not the other way around. I would personally tell them to stuff it and order my stuff online or go to another clinic. I would also report the cardiologist to the governing body for physicians in your area. I am a patient advocate and know that it is clearly and unequivocally unacceptable to berate and abuse a patient. Many people I know that have weight struggles are struggling with other issues too, not the least of which is self-esteem. Who needs some ***hole yelling at you when clearly you are not gaining weight. Don't take that kind of nonsense. Too bad I'm not in your area, I'd go in and give them a piece of my mind for you!
how do they expect you to lose weight with all that stress! Crazy! report them. Google your dr's name and find the review sites and add your objective anonymous review, with examples. find another location and another doctor. make sure to tell ideal protein about them too.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:00 AM   #159  
Started IP 2/24/11

S/C/G: 189/185/150

Height: 5'4

TatiN.... I will trade you my vanilla puddings for you chocolates! I couldn't stand the vanilla! I add some wf chocolate syrup to the chocolate pudding and it gives it a little more flavor.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:23 AM   #160  

Quote:
Originally Posted by condanchri View Post
I have been doing the IP program for the past few weeks, but have really battled with staying on the plan without cheating. I have read numerous threads and done the research, and I know that the key is to NOT cheat. I know that it works, and I'm trying to battle the reasons why I set myself up for failure via therapy (this is not the first time I've done a program and then ended up in failure). I recognize that my failures have everything to do with me and my approach, not the plan itself. I'm wondering if I can switch from my coach (who has not done the program herself, and who I don't really 'gel' with) to the Ideal Protein To Go program from the website. Does anyone know if it's possible to switch from a coach format to purchase of the product online? Does the IP company allow this? Do they keep records of each participant and what coach they are with? I just feel that, at this time, I would rather be accoutable to myself, than to a coach - also, I will be returning to nursing school in two weeks, and my schedule will be insane, and I'm worried about fiting weekly meetings in. I appreciate all opinions and advice.
I believe you can work with whoever. This program is about you. Find a different coach or just stick with the one you have. Your coach keeps you accountable and is a necessary part of the program. I think you will be much more successful with a coach.
Maybe try to prepare some bags of measured veggies, drink your water. and tell yourself each day that you can and will do this. You are human, you will make mistakes, and if you do, you face the consequences, the diet will take longer, cost more, and getting back on plan is harder then staying on plan. Just keep going with the diet, you will get there. Stay away from the sugar and carbs that will knock you right out of Ketosis.
Maybe you just feel the need to cheat?
Try chopping up the bars into 3rds-4ths, freeze and have a little piece, when you need something "cheat like"- but that bar would be your restricted packet-you can have up to 4 packets total per day. Maybe try to put a teaspoon of Parmesan cheese on your food. Its really not permitted- but if it keeps you on plan with little impact. Even a bar for my evening snack keeps me in line. Make the diet work for you, while you are adjusting. The worst thing you could do is stop trying.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:30 AM   #161  

S/C/G: 182(size16)/143(size 8)/132ish

Height: 5'6 started IP 2/2/11

Wow.. What a lot of great posts..
I had 2 good things happen today..
First I was in the 150's... (Barely) this morning!!
(Woo hoo 5 1/2 weeks on IP lost 23)
Second, going through all my clothes ..none of my bigger jeans fit(they were super tight when I started IP) one pair of 14's fit, so that was good news considering I was a tight 16 over 5 weeks ago. But I went to kohls to try on and get one more pair of jeans and the 14's were a little big , so I bought some 12's. I can't believe it! The 12's fit, but will be super comfy in a few pounds. This really works.. It gets easier as time goes on...
Old 03-13-2011, 03:16 AM   #162  

S/C/G: 188/188/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatiN View Post
Thanks! I actually live in North Carolina.. not too close to Canada I'd be willing to pay the shipping to you, otherwise I think I may try ebay or another center nearby.
probaly just try e-bay by the time shipping is paid and exchange made probably cost you more anyway. Thought if you were a little closer it would work. Sorry.

Last edited by Tweety bird; 03-13-2011 at 03:29 AM.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:20 AM   #163  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw83 View Post
Thankyou to those who replied to my question about what to do over my sisters wedding next wkend! I am going to stay on plan 100 %....I`ll just have to get my meals ready ahead of time, as I am the coodinator I really don`t even care about the cake, just didn`t want to worry about taking my own food! But I`m a big girl and I`m used to taking my meals everywhere so it`ll be fine!
GREAT! Sounds like you are in charge of your life. You will do great. Have a wonderful time.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:52 AM   #164  
Started IP May 25,2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollybear1 View Post
Judy,

any tips to get off the last pounds. I have 36 more to go- goal weight 137. I don;t want it to slow down. more water, exercise, strict protocol. What helped you.
Please don't get discouraged by my post. Last summer and early fall my average weekly loss was about 2 pounds. In the fall my average was about 11/2 pounds weekly. Dec. and Jan. it really slowed down for my last 6 to 8 pounds. As you can see my weekly weight lost was never big compared to other women. Your pattern may be different from mine, don't compare yourself with anyone. I stuck with the protocol, even though it got hard. The only thing I can think to tell you is to review the protocol often to make sure you are doing every facet correctly. Hang in there it is worth the wait. Judy
Old 03-13-2011, 09:55 AM   #165  
Started IP May 25,2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaipjourney View Post
Starting to feel like I have been on IP forever and I'm only on week 10. Don't get me wrong my weight loss has been incredible but sometimes it makes me feel like just quiting but I know I can't. I've got 10-15 pounds to go and it feels like the last bit of weight loss is now crawling off. I'm still sticking with protocol but feeling on and off discouraged and today is just one of those days. I want the 120's just gotta take it one day at at time.
I know how you feel. May to Feb. was a long time, but worth it. Judy
Closed Thread