Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 09:44 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 188/188/160

Height: 5'6"

When you return to school just make sure you have a pouch of ip for emergency in case you get stuck at school, this helps you to resist temptation. One thing I found helpful is the grocery stores when you are away from home isnstead of going to a restaurant. i just go buy some sort of vegatables and maybe some lettice or prepared salad with no dressing and est that with my IP pouch. That ussually keeps me OP.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:47 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 205/205/155

Height: 5ft 8in

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWP View Post
I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time with your coach. Telling you to make an appointment is unacceptable! You need to tell them that you have questions and that they deserve to be acknowledged and given time during the time you come in for your weigh in. They're making money off of selling you the product, you at the very least deserve to have your questions answered.
If I was in your position, I would check out the other clinic. Before you decide to switch, you may not want to tell them what is going on with your current coach, but ask them how they work with clients. How long are their appointments? Does the time allow the opportunity to have questions answered? Along with any other concerns you might want to express...

I hope it works out either way!
Thanks So much for the advice!
Old 03-12-2011, 09:48 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Thanks to everyone here yet again, for all the support. My coach is new to the IP program, she and one of the nurses, Nancy, started doing it in January. She is openly, very very concerned that she be able to keep her IP franchise. In just two months, she has taken on 100 IP clients. It also seems that the IP rep that comes to check on her is critical and demanding. I feel the need to say a few words on my coach's behalf - she did call us every day for the first week. She just seems a very cold woman, not a nurturer, not - that I've observed - even kind. She's a Cardiologist and I suppose she's accustomed to using scare tactics to get her heart patients to quit smoking and drinking and eating fatty foods. As I do none of those things, exercise daily and exercise tremendous restraint in my eating habits (diabetic) - her zero tolerance policy isn't sitting well with me. It just seems mean. She would probably define herself as pragmatic and "gets the job done'.

But I do like what's been happening for me with this program. I do like being held accountable, and while I haven't lost a ton of weight, I am getting smaller. I find most of my support, most of my information and ALL of the info I need to stay on program, here in this forum.
So again, thank you all.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:48 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 188/188/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatiN View Post
I love this plan because of the weight I've lost, but honestly I'm not loving all the flavors. I know I need to suck it up and deal, but eating it 3 times a day is a lot. I have so much respect for those who've been on it months! My coach hasn't been doing this for long and I don't think he has a lot of clients so he couldn't do sample boxes and won't let me return opened boxes of stuff I don't like or exchange packets. Is there anybody else in a similar situation that would like to trade packets? For example, I've tried the WB yogurt drink twice, it was actually the first thing I ate, but I hate it, with a passion. I still have 5 packets left, so I would love to trade, maybe sell them. I also have a hard time eating that chocolate and strawberry puddings, but I love vanilla.
Anybody have any ideas?
Where do you live, because I like the chocolate ones but might be interesting in trading and helping you out, if you live close to me.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:33 PM   #140  
Restarting IP 2/14/2014

S/C/G: 279/264/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweety bird View Post
Where do you live, because I like the chocolate ones but might be interesting in trading and helping you out, if you live close to me.
Thanks! I actually live in North Carolina.. not too close to Canada I'd be willing to pay the shipping to you, otherwise I think I may try ebay or another center nearby.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:34 PM   #141  
Restarting IP 2/14/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipityberry View Post
Sell the packets you don't like on ebay! I've done that and they sell really well!
THANK YOU for that idea! You're a genius!
Old 03-12-2011, 10:38 PM   #142  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatiN View Post
I love this plan because of the weight I've lost, but honestly I'm not loving all the flavors. I know I need to suck it up and deal, but eating it 3 times a day is a lot. I have so much respect for those who've been on it months!
Be sure to check out the thread on "hack your packets" which has all kinds of inventive things to do with the IP packs. Most of them can be easily improved with just a few quick fixes (add cardamom or cinnamon to the cereal, add some fat free chicken broth and broccoli to the soup, toss some vanilla and cayenne in the chocolate pudding; and my fave--put the vanilla pudding over steamed rhubarb with a little extra vanilla and cinnamon!). Most of the "fixes" are really easy and if you just have a few things on hand you can tweak most of them into something much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw83 View Post
My sisters wedding is next weekend, and I`m unsure about what to do! My original plan was, if I wasn`t at my goal ( about 7 more pounds to go) I`d phase off for 1 or 2 days and then go right back on phase 1 on Monday following the wedding. Any thoughts?!
I would strongly recommend against this. For one thing, to do a phase off correctly you need several weeks, so you risk really shocking your entire system and getting ill in any number of ways (which would not make for a very fun wedding!).

But more importantly, a big part of IP is about learning how to look at food differently. Sure, you won't be in phase 1 forever, but how important is eating a piece of wedding cake, when it comes right down to it? Is it worth the $100 you will lose trying to get back into ketosis, or being depressed that your weight loss stalls for 1-2 weeks? Your sister's wedding is about family, and love and celebration---and if you are going to keep the weight off once you are in Phase 4, you will be much more successful if you use this as an opportunity to learn how to lessen the connection between eating and drinking from "having fun". You can have a great time and honor your sister without going off plan...so why would you want to do otherwise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentlehyena View Post
My weight loss has slowed to a crawl, in my 5th week. I don't have a coach but mentioned it at the Spa where I purchase my IP products and she thinks it is because I allow my vegetables to brown, when I saute or bake them. What do you think, anyone? I know I am not drinking all the water I should so that may be it too?? HELP. I feel discouragement creeping in..........
Definitely water. You need to be drinking 1/2 your weight in ounces plus 10. So, if you weigh 200 then you should be drinking 110 oz per day. If you don't get enough water, all kinds of things in your body slow way down and the fat cannot get processed out. I have to say, I am not a big water drinker and when I was in Phase 1, that was one of the hardest things for me...but it made all the difference at my weigh in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esammy12 View Post
I'm sorry your coach isn't helpful. My coach yells at me, berates me, belittles me, tells me on weeks where I've lost 3 lbs. that I'm not working hard enough, blames my lack of energy on me, when I showed a 1 lb. loss of muscle mass instead of all fat loss - she yelled at me again and told me they were going to "terminate" me from the program. I'm in week 8. My losses have been 5, 4, 3, .5, .5. 2, 0. We have to turn in our journals every week and those are scrutinized by the local IP sales rep - who then has the Dr. call us at home and tell us what we're not doing right. They get confused, they forget some of my medical history and things that we've already discussed she brings up again as if we never talked about them. I'm constantly explaining myself, they make me feel like a child. I hate going there. I started to lose steam 3 weeks ago, I just felt crappy about going in to the office, I started to question the program, I ate more protein than I should - never ate foods off program, just more than I should. I started this diet (my coach is my cardiologist) because my blood pressure was 180/110. Three weeks in she checked my blood pressure again (right after picking a fight with me) and it was still 150/90. She yelled that this program probably wasn't going to help me, that I was obviously a Type A personality - told me I should get therapy - then closed the door and proceeded to tell me that she was now in therapy for the first time in her life because she was having marital problems !! - I'm not a type A, am no stranger to therapy. Anyway, I have had minimal weight loss the last 3 weeks (3 lbs. and some inches) but when they took my blood pressure yesterday it has come down to 120/80. I was euphoric, so happy. They were pleased for my BP victory, but told me that if I didn't lose 3 lbs a week from now on, they're going to "terminate" me. It's all I can do to remain positive and try to convince myself that this diet is for me - not for them. And not for them to make me feel like s***.
Truly? this person needs to be reported to IP and to their certifying board. No medical professional should act like this in any situation and if you don't report them, you are leaving all kinds of future clients to this same kind of treatment. Do your fellow-future-fat chicks a favor and blow the whistle on these people. And go to the IP website and find a new clinic. You are doing a GREAT JOB!!! Your loss is amazing and I am so happy to hear about your blood pressure!
Old 03-12-2011, 10:50 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 248/239/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
Good morning IPers! Yesterday was the first day I've been out of town (and hugely out of my element) in the 9 weeks I've been on this diet. We were working on the home study for our 2nd adoption! Very exciting stuff. Well, I'm so excited to say that I was 100% on plan. We had to sneak away to Subway for a salad for lunch and, for dinner, the waiter was nice enough to have the kitchen custom make me a salad because they had nothing on their menu that would have worked. I'm so proud of myself. There is something about this diet that just STICKS with me. Only diet to ever do that.
Have a fabulous weekend, all!!
Congratulations on stay OP. I haven't had to face an entire day away from home yet.
Congratulations on starting the homestudy too. We have adopted 4 times - seemed like each time the homestudy got easier. We were just joking the other day that we should adopt again as our house had never been cleaner than when we had our homestudies done. We are definitely done now - we have a 10 year old, two 9 year olds and an 8 year old. I am so glad that I found IP because I have alot more energy these days and with 4 kids - I really need it!!!
Old 03-12-2011, 11:06 PM   #144  
Restarting IP 2/14/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
Be sure to check out the thread on "hack your packets" which has all kinds of inventive things to do with the IP packs. Most of them can be easily improved with just a few quick fixes (add cardamom or cinnamon to the cereal, add some fat free chicken broth and broccoli to the soup, toss some vanilla and cayenne in the chocolate pudding; and my fave--put the vanilla pudding over steamed rhubarb with a little extra vanilla and cinnamon!). Most of the "fixes" are really easy and if you just have a few things on hand you can tweak most of them into something much better.

Thanks, I will look into other recipes, I have tried the chocolate pudding with mint extract and couldn't even finish it, and I tried adding WF strawberry syrup to the strawberry pudding and found it to be just as unappealing! I'll see what else I can do!

Quote:
Truly? this person needs to be reported to IP and to their certifying board. No medical professional should act like this in any situation and if you don't report them, you are leaving all kinds of future clients to this same kind of treatment. Do your fellow-future-fat chicks a favor and blow the whistle on these people. And go to the IP website and find a new clinic. You are doing a GREAT JOB!!! Your loss is amazing and I am so happy to hear about your blood pressure!
I agree 100% The thing is, she may have other clients who DO quit and give up completely, that aren't as strong and don't have this forum for support and advice. They may never change their lives and truly reap the benefits of IP because of her. That's just sad. Please do something, if not for you (which you should- this journey is about standing up for ourselves and making ourselves a priority) then do it for others who may struggle more!
Old 03-12-2011, 11:12 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 153/129/120-125

Height: 5'1"

Thankyou to those who replied to my question about what to do over my sisters wedding next wkend! I am going to stay on plan 100 %....I`ll just have to get my meals ready ahead of time, as I am the coodinator I really don`t even care about the cake, just didn`t want to worry about taking my own food! But I`m a big girl and I`m used to taking my meals everywhere so it`ll be fine!
Old 03-12-2011, 11:30 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 193/165/140

Hi, I just finished day 2 on the program. I already feel lighter and more energetic---could it be all the visits to the bathroom??? Seriously, this is a great support site.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:34 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 193/165/140

Quote:

I would strongly recommend against this. For one thing, to do a phase off correctly you need several weeks, so you risk really shocking your entire system and getting ill in any number of ways (which would not make for a very fun wedding!).

But more importantly, a big part of IP is about learning how to look at food differently. Sure, you won't be in phase 1 forever, but how important is eating a piece of wedding cake, when it comes right down to it? Is it worth the $100 you will lose trying to get back into ketosis, or being depressed that your weight loss stalls for 1-2 weeks? Your sister's wedding is about family, and love and celebration---and if you are going to keep the weight off once you are in Phase 4, you will be much more successful if you use this as an opportunity to learn how to lessen the connection between eating and drinking from "having fun". You can have a great time and honor your sister without going off plan...so why would you want to do otherwise?

Definitely water. You need to be drinking 1/2 your weight in ounces plus 10. So, if you weigh 200 then you should be drinking 110 oz per day. If you don't get enough water, all kinds of things in your body slow way down and the fat cannot get processed out. I have to say, I am not a big water drinker and when I was in Phase 1, that was one of the hardest things for me...but it made all the difference at my weigh in.

Oh my, please let this "person" know that you are paying her for a service!!!!
Old 03-12-2011, 11:35 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 248/239/160

I bought the WF Thousand Island dressing today and tried the Big Mac salad for dinner. It was WONDERFUL! I think I may even fix this for my family with regular dressing.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:41 PM   #149  
Restarting IP 2/14/2014

Default Flavored water! Just sharing a find!

After searching and searching for the illusive Crystal Light with splenda, I only found Crystal Light PURE, which has 3g of sugar, so it's sweetened with sugar and stevia. Then I researched a little and found there's a Ready To Drink version of Crystal Light (sold in bottles) that uses Splenda.

BUT I made a great discovery called True Lemon, They make "True Lemonade" and "True Raspberry Lemonade" in the little packets like Crystal Light, and they're only 5 calories and use Stevia! I've tried 2 of the raspberry lemonade packets this week and they were good! I found it at Kroger's.

I also found "Special K2O Protein Water Mix" which is interesting. It has 30 calories, uses Splenda, but had 6g of Total Carbs, 5g of Fiber, and 0g of Sugar, and 5g of protein. Maybe they count the Splenda as that extra carb? I don't know, but it's nice to see more things available. I was surprised to see Special K Protein Shakes and bars too!
Old 03-12-2011, 11:46 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 210/172/137

Height: 5.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manysizes View Post
Tried the Tomato soup last nite for the first time and it was gross. I had hoped to use it to make some kind of a sauce but I don't think it would do the job. I put garlic, spices and fresh basil in it and it still didn't help with the taste. Any ideas how to improve it? Checked the recipe boards and there wasn't much there. I loved the vanilla pudding though. Such a nice change from rasberry jello.
hated the tomato too. my coach said I can bring them back. I was bummed to bc I thought it would have been great. ;-(
Closed Thread