Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 10:06 PM   #61  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinobowerRN View Post
Do you ever read a post and think I need to note where this info is and then you don't!! UGH!! A little while back someone posted a zucchini pancake recipe and for the life of me I can't find it!! I checked both the recipe threads and the daily threads from Feb 28th to current. I must be blind!! If someone can point me in the right direction I would be very appreciative!!
I keep a word document on my computer that I copy and paste recipes into, because you're right, it is a nightmare to have to find those posts again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
PIZZA??? What packet do you use to make the pizza crust? Is it the crepe/pancake or is it the cereal?
I think she is talking about using the zucchini pancake for a pizza crust - I have seen similar recipes on other Atkins friends low carb websites.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:08 PM   #62  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Weigh in 10 and down 3.5# in JEANS (a baggy 18, thank you) and 3"!
Old 03-08-2011, 10:11 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 265/244/185

Height: Started IP 12/8/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post

PIZZA??? What packet do you use to make the pizza crust? Is it the crepe/pancake or is it the cereal?
Hey Carla

I ground the Crispy cereal packet . Add 1/4 tsp of baking powder..1 egg white....add small amount of water at a time. Then pour in to cover almost a medium pan.

Last edited by 4meandbrandon; 03-08-2011 at 10:14 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:12 PM   #64  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
Woot, Woot!!!
Old 03-08-2011, 10:21 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 265/244/185

Height: Started IP 12/8/14

Quote:
Thanks great. One week at a time
Old 03-08-2011, 10:34 PM   #66  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Another maintaining day. What you learn while doing phase 1 will come in handy during maintenence. I want to go some place where it is warm!!! and be out doors all day.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:38 PM   #67  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman79 View Post
Juiceman, that was inspirational! Thanks for helping us get our focus back. I know its not always easy but its a commitment that is well worth it!!!!!
Here here to "my last fat Tuesday being fat"
Old 03-08-2011, 10:43 PM   #68  

Height: 5' 7"

Can someone please explain the novi cleanse? Thx
Old 03-08-2011, 10:54 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 186/150/130

Height: 5'3" 1/2

I had my WI today...down 5 lbs...this is my fourth week...for a total of 15 lbs. My first three weeks were slow (well, compared to a few of my friends) but hopefully it will be better. I know it's the average but I had hoped for more the first week. My husband has lost 18 lbs. I'm very proud of him....he did this diet to support me....it's been hard for him due to going out of town with the military (doesn't look real cool pulling out your shaker and packet of food in the chow hall) and he's been hungry (getting better though). He needed to lose some weight for health reasons and the military. He's lookin good!
Old 03-08-2011, 10:54 PM   #70  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4life View Post
Can someone please explain the novi cleanse? Thx
Search Beachbella's posts. I think she's been posting about it for a week or so.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:59 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 182(size16)/143(size 8)/132ish

Height: 5'6 started IP 2/2/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4meandbrandon View Post
I love the pancake too. NOW I'm hooked on PIZZA. If you know how to make the pancake just use one less egg (of course no nutmeg or cinnamon). Add a little more water and make one large pancake. Then let it dry out and then add WF marinara sauce. Some can use veggie cheese. If not, just start piling on the mushrooms peppers jalepeno peppers onions . also broke up my 4 oz of lean meat. Just 10 minutes in the oven till done. Delicious! I keep trying to figure out ways to eat OP.
Thanks so much ! Excited to try it!!!!
Old 03-08-2011, 11:13 PM   #72  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyloser2011 View Post
I am new to this site and am looking for just friendship and others doing the same as I am. I have been on IP since 01/19 and have lost a total of 15 pounds and 16 inches! I have never before had such success in a program!

This week, however, things have been somewhat different for me. Not only am I running out of "new and exciting" ways to make my meals and am growing "tired" of the same old same old but I am also running short on money. I cannot afford to go in this week and purchase the IP packets but am hoping things look up for me next week so I can go back in and purchase thosse. In the meantme, anyone have any words of encouragement, suggestions, new food ideas?

Its frustrating when you find something that truly does work but is not the cheapest to do and now I am having overwhelming cravings.

Welcome to the site you have come to a place with lots of support and information. I would suggest maybe looking in the alternative thread for information on alternative products to use that may be cheaper in price while following the IP protocal. Hang in there and keep up the good job you are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinobowerRN View Post
Back from WI #7, lost 3 more pounds!!! That puts me at a total loss of 28 pounds in 7 weeks!!! Whoo Hooo!!!
Thats awesome keep up the great job you are doing.

Quote:
That is awesome results keep up the great job you are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieA View Post
I had my WI today...down 5 lbs...this is my fourth week...for a total of 15 lbs. My first three weeks were slow (well, compared to a few of my friends) but hopefully it will be better. I know it's the average but I had hoped for more the first week. My husband has lost 18 lbs. I'm very proud of him....he did this diet to support me....it's been hard for him due to going out of town with the military (doesn't look real cool pulling out your shaker and packet of food in the chow hall) and he's been hungry (getting better though). He needed to lose some weight for health reasons and the military. He's lookin good!
Congrats to both of you those are fantastic results keep up the good work.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:16 PM   #73  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Well hello all my lost little IP friends!

Sorry, I've been MIA action lately. I bet you guys were starting to
wonder if I feel of the wagon and started consuming large amounts
of carbs. Well, just so you know, I'm still on plan and still bootcamping
this madness. Last week sucked and sucked bad. Down 1.8 pounds (I don't even think I have changed my ticker, will do that after tomorrow's WI) and down 1 1/4 week. I know it's not the end of the world, but I was mighty disappointed. My couch did explain that because I was so "little" that I would probably be one of the ones that would lose the 2 pounds per week, not the 5. WHATEVER is what I thought. Had the dreaded MIL in town for the weekend before my WI and went out to eat twice. I ordered properly and ate properly, but tho you tell the waitress your "critia" you really don't know what goes on in the kitchen.... yea, that's what it was!!!! LOL.

Work is crazy busy, laid off my service dispatcher/assistance because after 27 years, she's worthless. The Casey Anthony case that I have followed each and every step for 3 long years has had a boatload of hearings, so I've been busy streaming those, trying to keep up to speed.

I have been thinking of all of you and hoping that everyone is high on weight loss, and NSV's! For all of those who are OWNING this protocol, this is for you ~~~~~~>

Together we can!!! (tho we go MIA)

Best of luck everyone... Dump that fat!!!!
Old 03-08-2011, 11:16 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 182(size16)/143(size 8)/132ish

Height: 5'6 started IP 2/2/11

Woo Hoo I hit 20 posts! Anyway, I will see about getting the ticker thing. But I have a question.. I tried to add pictures and am having a tough time figuring it out. I have read others people instructions to go to the mini goals, but I wanted to post some starting pictures and since I am almost half way, I wanted to post those as well.. Anyone still awake to help me out? I can ask tomorrow, or maybe on a different forum?

And, I decided to add my real face. Did I have you all fooled that I was a good looking 14 month old boy? LOL My little Jack was just dang cute in that Valentines picture!! and you can call me Summer, that's my name, I mean I am a mom of five, but my real name is Summer, since we are getting so real here. If I can tell people my weight and periods and constipation.. and all that, I guess my face and name aren't such a big deal. LOL...Thanks in advance.

BTW, this picture was taken in December our xmas card we sent out to everybody.. but I hopefully don't look like that now! (21 pounds less... you know, changes your face. Hopefully!!

Lastly, thanks again for all the congrats!! I am going to have a good week!
Old 03-09-2011, 12:11 AM   #75  

S/C/G: Restart: 233/ 214/ 170

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickmouse View Post
I haven't read all the posting for the day - but wanted to respond to yours when I saw it.

I think framing success depends on each individual and giving my history I'm ecstatic about a 1.4lb loss - even doing boot camp. I usually don't have restricted items (maybe 1-2/wk) and I avg about that. i haven't lost anything in 3 weeks - but i was able to frame that with understanding of where I was in the journey and knowing my body. So while disappointing - I understood why.

I am overcoming a severe hormonal imbalance caused by a long under and non-treated thyroid condition. Peri menopause started for me at age 29 and I'm still in it 12 years later. I still have night sweats, hot flashes, bloating, etc - and everything that goes with it. Granted it's 150% better than it was - but still there. I'm only 41.

I've been trying for 10 years - i mean 10 YEARS! to lose weight. Often wished I had a problem with yo-yo diets because that implies you yo-yo down. I NEVER lost. In those 10 years on every diet imaginable and exercising like a crazy women i gained 50lbs. My weight would fluctuate 5-7lbs in a week. It was crazy.

I had a personal trainer train me for free then finally quit on me b/c he couldn't understand why I wasn't loosing weight. When I was laid off work I decided to spend my time doing my own Biggest Loser - and i exercised 2-3 hrs a day; measured all my food; counted every calorie and charted calories in vs calories out. I gained weight! So to finally be able to see the scale consistently move down with IP - how ever slow - is exciting for me. I'm the lowest weight I've been in almost 12 years!!!!

Don't compare yourself and the speed of your losses to anyone else. It's all in God's time. I've realized that these past 10 years have prepared me to be able to actually do this. When I made the decision to find a Dr to help me and get healthy I wasn't eating like I do now. It's taken me 10 years to develop these eating habits so that i could even stick with a program like this. But this is truly the only diet that has ever worked for me.

So it might be harder and slower for you because of menopause - but it IS doable! Keep it up and finish!!! You'll be so proud you did. I'm proud of you for starting!
Slick mouse, your history sounds just like mine! I've never met anyone else who did very low calorie and extreme exercise and gained weight before. I also didn't lose weight on Atkins after two years of 20 carbs a day. I had a couple of holistic doctors discover that I had just about burned out my adrenal gland and my weight was coming from stress. the body doesn't know the difference between stress from the flu or being chased by a lion. It just knows fight-or flight - release adrenaline. The more stress = the more insulin = the more weight gain. And what is extreme dieting and exercise to a worn down sick body? Yep, stress. The less I ate and the more I worked out the heavier I got. People with-adrenal problems have trouble sleeping at night, retain a lot of water, crave cheesy salty foods, can't tolerate caffeine, and have a low tolerance for stressful situations. Oh, and they can't lose weight.

The IP diet is the first time in my life that weight has come off and I've been trying to lose for over 30 years. I lose slow compared to others. But one pound a week is more than I've ever lost doing anything else.

There are three factors that I have to keep a watch on for my success. 1. Small cheats. I must be very sensitive to carbs so if I try to get creative and add a low carb off protocol food to my day it stalls my weight loss for the week. 2. Stress. Since my body can't handle stress and makes fat when it's gets stimulated I can't work out but yoga is usually very helpful. 3. Sleep. So important! Your body burns most of it's fat in your sleep. No sleep = no fat loss.

Finally, low carb diets are notorious for causing you to shrink for weeks without the scale cooperating. In 6weeks I only lost 7 lbs of fat. But I gained 2lbs of muscle, and lost 7 and a half inches. If I had given up because the scale wasn't moving I would have missed out on all the shrinkage.
Closed Thread