Old 03-07-2011, 06:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 164.6/138.5/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Where did you find out about IP?

Hey,

For me, I'm very thankful to my lovely cousin at Christmas for letting me know her beauty secret. IP!!

How did you discover this diet?
Vanessa333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 294/294/150

Height: 5'3"

One of my doctor's told me about IP. I have been struggling with back pain and he had been on IP for about three weeks and suggested that I give it a try.
kamikazecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:55 PM   #3  
IP 10/28/10

S/C/G: 294.6/181.8/144 (8/3/11)

Height: 5' 7"

I was waiting for my 3 year old grandson to finish his gym class and I saw a brochure on a table in the lobby showing this woman who lost 30 lbs in 10 weeks. What impressed me about her was that she lost her "pear" shaped figure in the process. I went online to sign up for the workshop at a local chiropractor's office and it wasn't until that night at the workshop that I found out it was Ideal Protein. I had never heard of it at all. It was reading this forum that convinced me to give it a try. Every experience described on this forum whether positive or negative is an inspiration to me to continue my IP journey to completion.
smh321pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikazecat View Post
One of my doctor's told me about IP. I have been struggling with back pain and he had been on IP for about three weeks and suggested that I give it a try.
My secretary told me about it. We both started at the same time, but she only has 1/2 a pancreas and it made her very sick so she quit. She is now VERY jealous.
mamarix1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:07 PM   #5  

I read an article in a newspaper about IP. A local doctor started on it Dec 2009 and by June 2010 had lost 90#. started researching online and found this forum. The pros here convinced me to commit to the program. Hope I have the success they have.
deve67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

I learned about it from my hairstylist.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:23 PM   #7  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

my oldest friend from Denver told me about it. she had lap band surgery 3 or so years ago and didn't really lose any weight. she went on IP an lost a bunch of weight. i had to know how she was doing it, so i asked. then i found this board, then a week or so later my nutritionist's office opened up and i was at the very first workshop. i have been beyond indebted to my friend ever since!
longdivision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:24 PM   #8  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

I heard about it from a coworker - she had lost 20 lbs in 4 weeks and I was intrigued. Sadly, she quit doing it because of the money factor...
Mrs Diettrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:06 PM   #9  

This forum!!!.. I had googled something health-related & one of the hits was a thread on 3FC's IP forum... I started reading & decided to try it... read Dr. Tran's book & website from cover to cover & almost every thread here... since there are no clinics or coaches in my area, I had to learn it all from my wonderful IP cyber-family... it's been a fabulous journey...

hugs
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:06 PM   #10  
Motivated IP-er

S/C/G: HW313(2007) 264(IP)/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I work in an shared medical office. The chiropractor started running the program, and the office staff went on it. I thought it was hooey, that even if you lost weight, you would never be able to keep it off.

So I watched them lose weight. Being "very restrictive". And still didn't ever imagine I would consider doing it.

Then my blood sugars started to rise... and my primary care doctor said to get on Metformin, see a nutritionist, get a variety of tests...

I figured if I had to make a life-style change, change my diet, and everything... I might as well try to lose weight. And ****, I knew a program that worked.

That I *didn't* want to do.

But I did. Complaining vociferously at first.

But it worked!

Now, I get asked all the time how I did it, and I tell everyone. So hopefully, I've helped someone else get healthier, too!
sgorny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:11 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgorny View Post
I work in an shared medical office. The chiropractor started running the program, and the office staff went on it. I thought it was hooey, that even if you lost weight, you would never be able to keep it off.

So I watched them lose weight. Being "very restrictive". And still didn't ever imagine I would consider doing it.

Then my blood sugars started to rise... and my primary care doctor said to get on Metformin, see a nutritionist, get a variety of tests...

I figured if I had to make a life-style change, change my diet, and everything... I might as well try to lose weight. And ****, I knew a program that worked.

That I *didn't* want to do.

But I did. Complaining vociferously at first.

But it worked!

Now, I get asked all the time how I did it, and I tell everyone. So hopefully, I've helped someone else get healthier, too!

Hey lady!! How are you??? I've missed you and thought of you often! It is so nice to see you here!
Old 03-07-2011, 11:42 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

I saw IP advertized at the female gym I joined in Jan. I started to check online what it was about, and did a check on the 3fat chick forum. Read here for about a week 7/24 lol then decided to try it out for at least a month.

Well here I am still and now my sister started last week. We both have grown closer and seem to be alot happier. When your not happy with your body it seems to radiate outwards. We are both more outgoing now it really has been a good life change for us. I am sure my mother in heaven is so happy as well, she always wanted both of us to lose weight!
locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:13 AM   #13  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

I found out through my best friend's hair dresser. My best friend told me she dropped weight fast and looked fabulous so I tracked her down on Facebook and emailed her about what she did. A little forward, no? The next day I made an appointment with the chiro office doing the program and the rest is history....
ash825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:15 AM   #14  
Motivated IP-er

S/C/G: HW313(2007) 264(IP)/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Hey, Carla! I'm doing fine. Went off IP (well, modified IP after 6 months strict IP, since I used Syntrax a lot then), held my own for a while, and then started having late night carb binges...

Regained from my low (157) & my lowest stable (164) to (the scale said) 176 on March 3rd. Started back hard on strict IP that day, and (somehow) lost to 162.4 this AM. Methinks there was a lot of water retention from sodium happening, too.

But I'm back on it (Phase 1) until I hit 157, then Phase 2 for 2 weeks, then Phase 3 for 2 weeks, then off (per my counselor, the chiropractor). He swears that if I don't do the "2 weeks each Phase 2 & 3" that the weight always comes back.

And while I don't necessarily believe that doing that will keep it off (it was the carb binges, dang it!), I would hate to be wrong. And gradually reintroducing stuff, and proving to myself that I can keep the weight off even with extra items (or little indulgences here or there) will only be a good thing for my long-term success.

How has it been going with you?

Last edited by sgorny; 03-08-2011 at 12:16 AM.
sgorny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:47 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgorny View Post
Hey, Carla! I'm doing fine. Went off IP (well, modified IP after 6 months strict IP, since I used Syntrax a lot then), held my own for a while, and then started having late night carb binges...

Regained from my low (157) & my lowest stable (164) to (the scale said) 176 on March 3rd. Started back hard on strict IP that day, and (somehow) lost to 162.4 this AM. Methinks there was a lot of water retention from sodium happening, too.

But I'm back on it (Phase 1) until I hit 157, then Phase 2 for 2 weeks, then Phase 3 for 2 weeks, then off (per my counselor, the chiropractor). He swears that if I don't do the "2 weeks each Phase 2 & 3" that the weight always comes back.

And while I don't necessarily believe that doing that will keep it off (it was the carb binges, dang it!), I would hate to be wrong. And gradually reintroducing stuff, and proving to myself that I can keep the weight off even with extra items (or little indulgences here or there) will only be a good thing for my long-term success.

How has it been going with you?
WOW!! That was a great loss and getting back on track!! 5 days and nearly 15 pounds!! You're my hero! And, Yes, I'd guess you were retaining fluids

I am ok. I took that break I planned on having. I wish I hadn't done it. The only good thing is I am still smaller today than I was one year ago today. I am not at my lowest. I am retaining a large amount of fluids. My stress levels have been crazy and my doctor told me the water retention is probably from that. I was working out like crazy which helped the stress but aggravated the low blood sugar and, thus, the carb cravings came back. I have been doing better in recent weeks but, I still have about 15 pounds to drop to get back on track completely and down to my lowest. Funny thing is I am pretty much the same size! I haven't had to buy a single new thing and, I got rid of ALL my clothes that were even 1 size too large. I don't have anything I feel uncomfortable in so, maybe, I am carrying a bit more muscle too?

In any case, my goal is to stay on track this time til it is done. I am not setting a date. I am not worrying about how many pounds I lose per week. I am just getting back to what I should have been doing and I am going to finish what I started.

I am so glad you are here. Stick around. There are so many people who can benefit from your experience and wisdom.