Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 11:11 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 226/226/160

Height: 5'8

Thanks for the advice showgirlaz and AmyonIP, I appreciate it! I will keep the tips in mind for the week of March 21st and "recommitment"!
Old 03-07-2011, 11:26 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Thanks for sharing this. I swear I saw a sheet with green pepper (cooked) floating around on the boards. Mine does not say cooked. When I asked my coach about red/yellow peppers and why they were occasional but green weren't, she said "Good question. They just changed that. You can have all colors of peppers." Keep in mind I started less than 2 weeks ago. I guess the program is always evolving.

I am going Friday and will see if she has the updated sheet. I've heard others say to stay within 25 carbs total and not look at neb carbs until Phase 4. I was worried about peppers and zucchini for that reason because the carbs can add up. Thoughts? I really like the red/yellow peppers if for no other reason than they aren't green!
Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Yes, in late 2009 the sheets were allowing raw green pepper and green cabbage. Then they went to cooked green pepper in 2010 and no green cabbage. Now you can have any "pepper, any color," any time and any color of cabbage any time too.
Hi everyone- i'm still stuck at the 159 area. have been going on 3 weeks now. i did a food diary on my fitness pal dot com and i am going to try cutting back on the red, yellow and orange bell peppers due to the carb count. i have been enjoying these about every other day since we started talking about them being added to the sheet. i'll stick with the cucumber and asparagus and mushrooms for a week and see if i can budge the scale.

oh btw..... i pierced my nose for my 30 lb "reward". why? i have no idea! i'm going to do an awesome haircut from rosemary (costalcrafter) for my next 20 but at this rate it could be awhile! my goal date is april 16 which i thought would be no problem, but now i'm wondering if i'll make it...

time to put on my "big girl panties" and get tough and keep plugging away!

ps- i love the extensive database at my fitness pal dot com, but they don't include the fiber counts on your daily totals! anyone know of a food tracking program that does? i'd rather have to add in my own foods than add and subtract fiber carbs.....
Old 03-07-2011, 11:32 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Default cleaning up the stickies

carla- it seems to me you have the most experience (that i know of from my short time on the forum) about the stickies etc. mrs. b wondered a day or so ago if we could take the chat out of the FAQ....i am wondering if it would be possible to do the recipes by veggie, meat, snack, salads etc. the recipe stickies are such a mess too...

any comments?
Old 03-07-2011, 11:39 PM   #94  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

[QUOTE=petiteandcute;3746947]I don't want to do any kicking, I don't thimk you need to be kicked. Although I was a slow looser compared to others, I knew that going off the plan would not help. I realized that going off plan could cause my body a problem. I felt like this plan is safe, but I didn't feel like going off plan was safe. Since reading your post and others like it, this thought occured to me. I wonder if a person can't stay on plan while loosing, how will that person handle maintenence. I know it is hard to stay on plan, my 8th. and 9th. months were very difficult. I hope I handle maintenence correctly, because I do not want to gain that weight back. All I can say is follow the plan and things will work out.[/QUO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
Thanks, darbs. I've been reading through the struggling chat and it's been helping to get me back on track. This is my third month, and it's longer than I've done anything else, and I've lost more than on anything else. I'm in an 18 now, and my goal is an 8 or 10...I've always felt best when I was there. You look amazing, and I love reading your successes because I identify with the struggles.

I just love you (in an internet kind of way). You remind me of a nice mom, or the cool aunt, always full of support. (Maybe because I loved reading about your grandkids' shock at how little you are!) I know what you mean about feeling like it's "safe." I'm nervous about even moving to Phase 2 when it comes time. I justify my cheats with "this is healthy, and only has ___." I'm sure you will do well with maintenance; I can't wait to read all about it.

DUDE! I totally told my friend that the other day! She was asking how my diet was going, and I was honest, told her I was struggling a bit, and couldn't get back 100%, that I needed Life Alert for IP. LOL.

Dee, I can't figure out how or when I lost mine...I think it was when my first cheat didn't affect a loss that week, and I actually lost more that week than the previous two weeks. Rough, mentally. Purging on here, rather than in the toilet, is helping me, and I hope it helps you, too.
Thank you for your very kind words. You have a great memory, you remember something I posted months ago about my grand children. I want to clarify what I meant by "safe". I think I chose the wrong words to convey what I meant. I did hesitate when it was time to phase off the diet. I did feel safe in my phase 1 comfort zone. In this post I meant the word "safe' in another way. When I used the words going off I was referring to cheating in phase 1. I felt like the plan, if done properly, would protect my health, my body; but if I chose to cheat it could harm my body. Maybe I was wrong, but maybe this thinking helped keep me on plan. I hope all this makes sense.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:50 PM   #95  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post

Carla, I want to sneak a peak in your bag. I got the "pill bags" for my salt, a lot better than pulling out my old cinnamon container with sea salt in it instead. I'm still learning! I wish veggi's would have a better shelf life so I could keep those around for emergencies!
I have kinda changed my "emergency bag" several times and it depends a bit on what I am doing and for how long.

I now use a med-large cosmetic bag with a plastic liner in it (helps if something leaks) and keep everything in there.

Here is my list:

one days worth of vitamin supplements
a packet (pill pouch) of real sea salt
stevia sweetener and splenda (both dry, stevia in plain and vanilla)
a walden farms italian dressing packet or two
Soy nuts (garlic and onion usually)

a chocolate pudding or wild berry yogurt
a mango drink
a few herbal tea bags

Sometimes soy puffs or a bar (that doesn 't work well in summer heat)

Sometimes I add my English toffee liquid sweetener and carry a vanilla RTD if I am going to a coffee date with a girl friend. Starbucks has steamed my RTD and added it to a tall or grande coffee in a venti cup for me

Sometimes I make my own salad dressing, place it in a screw top container, then place in a ziploc to prevent accidental leaks. It is great to know what I am going to eat and have the right type of dressing that tastes better than WF.

(the medula breast pump style storage containers are AWESOME ) http://www.target.com/Medela-Breastm...372950-0189922

If I am going to be out a long time or out where I will be very active, I might take some cooked chicken breast, hard boiled egg whites, along with veggies.

Veggies are frequently with me but, they are so easy to walk into a grocery store and purchase. I tend to stop there now instead of convenience stores. I can get bottled water, deli sliced meats that are low sodium and 0 carb, salad (just romaine in a package or a caesar in a bowl at the deli and toss the goodies), and precut veggies. It is super easy.

I found the best way to take my cut up veggies and keep them cold was to use 2 to 3 ziplocs. I place my cut up veggies in one. Then I place that in the second bag which is holding a small blue ice container or two. That can go in a lunch bag or other bag or, I put it in a 3rd ziploc and shove it in my oversized shopping bag for when I am out and about.

http://www.fit-fresh.com/products/bags/
http://www.fit-fresh.com/products/tr...onchill2cp.php
I use the ice packs out of the above container. I do use the container frequently but, not as often as the packs!

http://www.amazon.com/Thermos-Ice-Ma...sim_dbs_hpc_21

This kind of thing can work too but isn't as small and can leak.

OH and, if you want a smoothie or shake, know you'll be out a long time, you can make it up, freeze it, take it with you and it will defrost to drinkable. I found it tastes pretty much the same.
I hope that helps in some way.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 03-07-2011 at 11:51 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:59 PM   #96  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post
carla- it seems to me you have the most experience (that i know of from my short time on the forum) about the stickies etc. mrs. b wondered a day or so ago if we could take the chat out of the FAQ....i am wondering if it would be possible to do the recipes by veggie, meat, snack, salads etc. the recipe stickies are such a mess too...

any comments?
Thank you for thinking so. Although I must admit, some ladies are more experienced than I am. Rocky is a wealth of personal experience having gone all the way to phase 4 and having maintained so well. As are Judy, Gaile, Linden, Holly, Sheeshie, and SOOO many more.

I am just one of the longest to be hanging around the board. I learned about the diet and started lurking on the boards well before I participated. I remember the people from 2009 and they taught me SO very much. I am very grateful to all of them. Some of them are still reading, lurking, now that they are in maintenance and they only pop in once in awhile. Syvlie has rejoined us and she was actually here well before I was. Carlasherea is also an old timer and has proven she got maintenance down.

This board is such a rich group of experience and longevity. We do have a rapid turnover because of the success but we also have many hidden gems in this forest of faces!

I do think it is possible to reorganize things but, it is quite an overwhelming task. And it has to be done with people still posting. I have sent a message to a moderator asking how we can clean things up. I am still waiting for a response.

Once I know what the capabilities are, maybe we can find people willing to share the tasks to make it happen?
Old 03-08-2011, 12:11 AM   #97  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
I have kinda changed my "emergency bag" several times and it depends a bit on what I am doing and for how long.

I now use a med-large cosmetic bag with a plastic liner in it (helps if something leaks) and keep everything in there.

Here is my list:

a mango drink
a few herbal tea bags

Sometimes I add my English toffee liquid sweetener and carry a vanilla RTD if I am going to a coffee date with a girl friend. Starbucks has steamed my RTD and added it to a tall or grande coffee in a venti cup for me

Sometimes I make my own salad dressing, place it in a screw top container, then place in a ziploc to prevent accidental leaks. It is great to know what I am going to eat and have the right type of dressing that tastes better than WF.

(the medula breast pump style storage containers are AWESOME ) http://www.target.com/Medela-Breastm...372950-0189922

If I am going to be out a long time or out where I will be very active, I might take some cooked chicken breast, hard boiled egg whites, along with veggies.

Veggies are frequently with me but, they are so easy to walk into a grocery store and purchase. I tend to stop there now instead of convenience stores. I can get bottled water, deli sliced meats that are low sodium and 0 carb, salad (just romaine in a package or a caesar in a bowl at the deli and toss the goodies), and precut veggies. It is super easy.

I found the best way to take my cut up veggies and keep them cold was to use 2 to 3 ziplocs. I place my cut up veggies in one. Then I place that in the second bag which is holding a small blue ice container or two. That can go in a lunch bag or other bag or, I put it in a 3rd ziploc and shove it in my oversized shopping bag for when I am out and about.

I use the ice packs out of the above container. I do use the container frequently but, not as often as the packs!

OH and, if you want a smoothie or shake, know you'll be out a long time, you can make it up, freeze it, take it with you and it will defrost to drinkable. I found it tastes pretty much the same.
This whole POST should go in tips for newbies!
Old 03-08-2011, 12:16 AM   #98  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

Rondar, so very jealous of the nose piercing! That's what I'm doing for goal (which is pretty far off). I'm trying to decide what to do for onederland. Maybe I should bump up this reward.

Speaking of onederland, I've been reading some recent onderlanders and I'm dying to join y'all. I haven't been under 200 since 1999. That's a long time!!!
Old 03-08-2011, 12:50 AM   #99  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

What a cool day of posts... joy and angst. NSVs and fantastic WIs.

What a group of cool men and women!
Old 03-08-2011, 01:23 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 182/182/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanmly View Post
Just got back from WI#2 and I lost another 5lbs For a 2 week total of 16 lbs!
Fantastic job!!
Old 03-08-2011, 01:25 AM   #101  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
Quote:

Here is my list:

a mango drink
a few herbal tea bags

Thanks for posting that AGAIN! I have read it before and I didn't mean for you to post it again (you work too much! )
My 4 year old was at the fishing pole store with dad and he found a package of containers for traveling, so he went and got it and said, "mom wants this" or something like that. He is observant when he goes to the stores with me as I have found those types of bottles are handy (from reading your posts) When I was very new to IP and I took a my first trip (and met Jess) I had my coffee flavorings in a sippy cup. There were no kids on the trip so that looked silly. I have containers, zip locks, and pouches for all sorts of stuff now. I agree, this should go in with the handout new to all IP'ers.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:56 AM   #102  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
Thanks for posting that AGAIN! I have read it before and I didn't mean for you to post it again (you work too much! )
My 4 year old was at the fishing pole store with dad and he found a package of containers for traveling, so he went and got it and said, "mom wants this" or something like that. He is observant when he goes to the stores with me as I have found those types of bottles are handy (from reading your posts) When I was very new to IP and I took a my first trip (and met Jess) I had my coffee flavorings in a sippy cup. There were no kids on the trip so that looked silly. I have containers, zip locks, and pouches for all sorts of stuff now. I agree, this should go in with the handout new to all IP'ers.
Thanks you two!

I think it is still in tips for newbies but, as I said, I change it up a bit to fit my needs. I find better methods and containers so, I can post it again.

Amy, that story about the sippy cups is so cute!! I do still remember the cinnamon container too.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:57 AM   #103  

I am missing ColoradoDiveGirl. Have I missed a post somewhere or has anyone heard from her?
Old 03-08-2011, 06:12 AM   #104  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Default This thread is now closed

Let's move this party over to today's chat: Tuesday, 8 March 2011
Old 03-08-2011, 08:13 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post
ps- i love the extensive database at my fitness pal dot com, but they don't include the fiber counts on your daily totals! anyone know of a food tracking program that does? i'd rather have to add in my own foods than add and subtract fiber carbs.....
Rondar go to your settings and you can add fiber to your list of food counts.
Closed Thread