Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 06:49 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

DUDE! I totally told my friend that the other day! She was asking how my diet was going, and I was honest, told her I was struggling a bit, and couldn't get back 100%, that I needed Life Alert for IP. LOL.

Dee, I can't figure out how or when I lost mine...I think it was when my first cheat didn't affect a loss that week, and I actually lost more that week than the previous two weeks. Rough, mentally. Purging on here, rather than in the toilet, is helping me, and I hope it helps you, too.[/QUOTE]

This is helping me. When I read your post earlier I thought "Exactly!" And you're right about having that little cheat that didn't affect weight loss - it's a slippery slope. I just read another post saying - you can lose a lot of weight by next Wednesday - that can be us too! But I'm going to have to weigh my protein tonight. I feel a little sad about it but I'll just have to bite the bullet. Like it's the very first day. We know it really works. I REALLY needed this personal feedback too. We can do it. Good luck to everyone who is struggling right now.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:03 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
My drivers license says I'm 10 pounds BIGGER than I am now! And how I wished for so long I would be that small! I need to go in and get it re-done but hate waiting in those lines for so long!

I'll get a chance later on to catch up on the posts that I've missed, but for now, I'm off to a nice walk.
Hmmm. I've never heard of such a thing -lol! This is a perfect example of why you should put down the weight you wish you were on your license...I am normally a very truthful person, seriously.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:11 PM   #63  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Anyone know how to count the black soybeans on the IP plan? I bought some today but not sure how they measure in.

Thanks!
Old 03-07-2011, 07:43 PM   #64  

Height: 5' 7"

Thanks to u all for being here!
Old 03-07-2011, 07:49 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 248/239/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
Anyone know how to count the black soybeans on the IP plan? I bought some today but not sure how they measure in.

Thanks!
I also would like to know. I bought some and then realized that I didn't know how to figure them in as they aren't listed on the plan sheet that I have. Are they used as occasional veggies, regular veggies, protein???
Thanks!
Old 03-07-2011, 08:06 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 178/178/135

Height: Started IP 3/2/2011

Hello fellow Iper's (Yay I Have a Home)

It is so frustrating with all the negativity, people close to me cannot understand why "I am starving myself" (pretty full if you ask me) Oh well enough of them!

So I am on wrapping up day 5 of my first time on IP, I have my first weigh in tomorrow and am kind of nervous and refuse to step on a scale until I am there. So I do have a question my coach (if you can call him that) took my money and handed me a whole lot of papers to read on my own and a bag full of products to try....now as I have been reading the threads I realize most of the products that i actually liked and have been eating are restricted (go figure). It just so happens that I have only ended up having one restricted item per day thank goodness but now I am kind of hooked and worried because you all say not to eat those my first few weeks. Why would they be in my sample bag then? grrr quite upset!

Since tomorrow is when I have to go in and pick up packets should i just not get any of those restricted ones so no temptation or have I already messed up by eating them so early into program. Has anyone had good success on IP eating one restricted a day? if yes it may be worth it for me to keep it up as it feels like my little treat and helps me stray away from cheating!

Sorry for such a long post and rant but trying to get started the right way.
I do have a small victory as today is the first time I went the whole day without feeling sick, I actually have a lot of energy! Yayyyyy
Old 03-07-2011, 08:20 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
You can lose a lot by next Wednesday! Go for it! I can relate... my Mom is coming to visit on 3/30. I have more than 3 weeks to rock it. She'll still have something critical to say, but it might not be about my butt this time. LOL
Oh Lucky, you are too funny! Thanks for the laugh.
Mary
Old 03-07-2011, 08:30 PM   #68  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisterstep16 View Post

It is so frustrating with all the negativity, people close to me cannot understand why "I am starving myself" (pretty full if you ask me) Oh well enough of them!

So I am on wrapping up day 5 of my first time on IP, I have my first weigh in tomorrow and am kind of nervous and refuse to step on a scale until I am there. So I do have a question my coach (if you can call him that) took my money and handed me a whole lot of papers to read on my own and a bag full of products to try....now as I have been reading the threads I realize most of the products that i actually liked and have been eating are restricted (go figure). It just so happens that I have only ended up having one restricted item per day thank goodness but now I am kind of hooked and worried because you all say not to eat those my first few weeks. Why would they be in my sample bag then? grrr quite upset!

Since tomorrow is when I have to go in and pick up packets should i just not get any of those restricted ones so no temptation or have I already messed up by eating them so early into program. Has anyone had good success on IP eating one restricted a day? if yes it may be worth it for me to keep it up as it feels like my little treat and helps me stray away from cheating!

I do have a small victory as today is the first time I went the whole day without feeling sick, I actually have a lot of energy! Yayyyyy

Now some coaches are letting you have 1 restricted a day as it helps with cravings and hunger. I didn't have them for 2 weeks, then added 1 a day. Others have them from the beginning and do great. Sounds like a good day and lots of energy! Stick with it and you'll do just fine.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:36 PM   #69  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisterstep16 View Post

I realize that if we are not eating the foods and the amounts that they are currently eating they think we are starving ourselves. Oh well, that's the way the world turns.
You should have received a paper that list all of the IP foods, what is in each food and listed which ones are restricted and nonrestricted. Some coaches allow one restricted daily from the beginning, some do not. I have eaten one restricted daily from day one. You don't have to do it that way. Return to those papers at times and reread them, you may find some thing you missed in the beginning or have forgotten or most importantly have gotten a little slack on. I am speaking from experience.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:44 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

Default Eden black soybeans

http://www.edenfoods.com/store/image...lea/103050.gif

click on the above and you will get that stats for these beans. Net carb of 1 for 1/2 cup serving.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:47 PM   #71  
IP 10/28/10

S/C/G: 294.6/181.8/144 (8/3/11)

Quote:

Thanks!
I use a measuring cup and consider them part of my 2 cup per meal limit. I only use 1/2 cup of them in the vegetarian chili. I can get three 1/2 cup servings out of a can of black soybeans so I put the other 2 servings in the freezer to use another time. I only have the chili once per week.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:50 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 178/178/135

Height: Started IP 3/2/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteandcute View Post
I realize that if we are not eating the foods and the amounts that they are currently eating they think we are starving ourselves. Oh well, that's the way the world turns.
You should have received a paper that list all of the IP foods, what is in each food and listed which ones are restricted and nonrestricted. Some coaches allow one restricted daily from the beginning, some do not. I have eaten one restricted daily from day one. You don't have to do it that way. Return to those papers at times and reread them, you may find some thing you missed in the beginning or have forgotten or most importantly have gotten a little slack on. I am speaking from experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
Now some coaches are letting you have 1 restricted a day as it helps with cravings and hunger. I didn't have them for 2 weeks, then added 1 a day. Others have them from the beginning and do great. Sounds like a good day and lots of energy! Stick with it and you'll do just fine.
Thanks guys I feel a lot better now I did not want it to mess up my weigh In i will be sure to post how it goes!
Old 03-07-2011, 08:52 PM   #73  
Started IP May 25,2010

Quote:

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd447 View Post
I also would like to know. I bought some and then realized that I didn't know how to figure them in as they aren't listed on the plan sheet that I have. Are they used as occasional veggies, regular veggies, protein???
Thanks!
The answer is simple: You can't or shouldn't try to count a food in to the protocol that is not listed on the protocol. Black soybeans are not a select veg., not an occasional veg. and not a protein. Believe me, if any bean other green beans had been on the protocol I would have eaten them over the last 9 months. The first time I ate pinto beans on phase 4 I treasured every bite. Didn't mean to burst your bubble. You are welcome to do what you want.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:14 PM   #74  
IP 10/28/10

S/C/G: 294.6/181.8/144 (8/3/11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteandcute View Post
The answer is simple: You can't or shouldn't try to count a food in to the protocol that is not listed on the protocol. Black soybeans are not a select veg., not an occasional veg. and not a protein. Believe me, if any bean other green beans had been on the protocol I would have eaten them over the last 9 months. The first time I ate pinto beans on phase 4 I treasured every bite. Didn't mean to burst your bubble. You are welcome to do what you want.
My plan sheet lists "Soya" as a select vegetable. When I google "Soya" I get whole lists of soybeans. It was from this forum that I read about the black soybeans as I had never heard of them.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:31 PM   #75  
Started IP May 25,2010

Lettuce is unlimited, but I am not aware that you have to eat a certain amount each day. The lettuce serves several purposes. I ate lettuce, but I was not concerned with a certain amount. I did eat 4 cups of veg. daily.
Closed Thread