Ideal Protein -FAQ part 2

You're on Page 5 of 18
Go to
  • When i take the omega 3 pill which is the fish oil, i find that it repeats on me and i can taste a real fishy taste, which i find really gross. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Also, has anyone had their periods affected by the IP diet?
  • Quote: When i take the omega 3 pill which is the fish oil, i find that it repeats on me and i can taste a real fishy taste, which i find really gross. Does anyone else have this problem?
    I have had that problem with the fishy taste, I'm going to ask if there's a flavorless or fruit flavored version. I have one that's lemon flavored I'd prefer
    to use.
  • Quote: When i take the omega 3 pill which is the fish oil, i find that it repeats on me and i can taste a real fishy taste, which i find really gross. Does anyone else have this problem?
    I had bigtime trouble with this, but it has completely stopped since going to a higher quality one...Udo's Oil 3-6-9 Blend.
  • I had the same problem tried several brands, even costly$$ ones and my doc recommended the liquid cod liver oil flavored with lemon. Well let me tell you, so much better and never repeats. I use Carlson Norweigen Cod Liver Oil natural flavored with lemon, keep it in the fridg door and take it first thing in the am. very pleased because I was going to give up on taking the fish oil. I hope this helps.
  • Quote: I bet you have a big loss this week! Are you eating enough? Don't want your body to think you are starving.

Thanks for asking, my first weigh in I lost 8 pounds, my second weigh in is tomorrow. I am doing everything perfectly, but don't feel like there is going to be a big loss.

I WI tomorrow morning so we will see what the numbers are and yes I am eating everything I am suppose to be. Good luck on your WI!
  • Quote: I WI tomorrow morning so we will see what the numbers are and yes I am eating everything I am suppose to be. Good luck on your WI!
    Good luck! Lots of positive thoughts.....
  • Thanks, i think i will try a better brand and see if that helps.
  • I start ip in 4 days. Any suggestions on preparing?
  • I have tried multiple times to add my photo and it showdown my photo, but when I comment it does not appear. Grrrr!
  • Quote: I have tried multiple times to add my photo and it showdown my photo, but when I comment it does not appear. Grrrr!
    are you putting it in your "avatar"?
  • cooked onions and the consequences?
    Hi. I'm new to IP ( 2nd wk ) lost 6# so far and very happy but i made a recipe yesterday and totally forgot about the no cooked onion thing and sauteed red onion with my asparagus and cremini mushroom. BTW it was delicious but now I need to know what are the consequences? did I set myself back? not sure. could someone give me some advice?
  • Quote: Hi. I'm new to IP ( 2nd wk ) lost 6# so far and very happy but i made a recipe yesterday and totally forgot about the no cooked onion thing and sauteed red onion with my asparagus and cremini mushroom. BTW it was delicious but now I need to know what are the consequences? did I set myself back? not sure. could someone give me some advice?
    I think you will be fine.
  • Thanks WATKAT : )
  • Soya sauce and cheese?
    Is Soya cheese and sauce phase 1 compatible? I am a huge cheese fan and would love some suggestions or ideas on some different substitutes.
  • TOM issues
    Sorry if this is offensive to some, but I have to ask...is anyone having strange thngs go on with their TOM while on this diet? I love the weight loss, but I have had spotting and very light period with cramping that kind of comes and goes. I chalked it up to premenopausal stuff, but my 18 year old daughter says she is having similar symtoms. Anyone else?
    I know there was another post I read on this somewhere in this forum, but I haven't been able to find it.