Old 05-21-2011, 04:30 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflow321 View Post
Hello ladies! (And gentlemen!) Question: I know we aren't allowed dairy, but is there such a thing as an allowable soy cheese or vegan cheese for Phase 1? How about soy milk? I'm going to order my miracle noodles next week, and I'm super excited about it! ^_^ Thanks in advance everybody! <3
My coach told me that Veggie Shreds in small amounts were okay. Those are vegan soy-based dairy substitutes that I find in the produce section of my grocery store. Soy milk, I'm not sure...
katiebeth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 09:38 PM   #17  
Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey

S/C/G: 181/162/145

Height: 5'7"

Thanks, KatieBeth! I looked at my local "fancy" grocery this evening but they didn't have any - I'm going to try the health food store tomorrow. ^_^
sunflow321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 01:23 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 239highest/233IP/cw219.8/gw150

Height: 5ft 2

Default Miracle Noodles

I just started IP phase 1 and I am wondering if MIRACLE NOODLES are allowed on phase 1 since its all zero carbs, sugar, fat, etc.....

I called and asked my doc office (who put me on this program) and they had never heard of it and said I shouldn't have it.
thinmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:52 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinmint View Post
I just started IP phase 1 and I am wondering if MIRACLE NOODLES are allowed on phase 1 since its all zero carbs, sugar, fat, etc.....

I called and asked my doc office (who put me on this program) and they had never heard of it and said I shouldn't have it.
thinmint - Search for "miracle noodles" in the IP threads. There are lots of conversations about them and different recipe ideas, too. (I like to have them in low-sodium, non-fat chicken broth with a splash of soy sauce and some lime.) The consensus that I get from the IP community is to listen to your coach. However, if your doctor has never heard of the noodles, I suggest you print out a nutrition sheet from the miracle noodles website and talk about it on your next visit.

For me, they have solved my slightly lingering carb cravings on the weekends. They do not affect your body or your diet at all, because they are 0/0/0, but I am limiting my intake of them to just the weekend days that I am home without anything to distract me from hunger!! Good luck
katiebeth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:48 AM   #20  

Hey there!

I'm new here, new on the IP diet, and had a quick question. Hope no one asked it already! Basically, I hate the omelette. With a passion. I know there are other breakfast options, but egg fills me up! I hate yolk anyways, so I was wondering if it was permissible to use 2-3 egg whites in coconut oil or pam or something, and then have a protein drink? The drinks on their own don't fill me up in the mornings like egg does. So are egg whites okay in phase one?

Thanks for all your help This website is a godsend!!!!
shamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:33 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 159/150/129

Height: 5'2

N run
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamm View Post
Hey there!

I'm new here, new on the IP diet, and had a quick question. Hope no one asked it already! Basically, I hate the omelette. With a passion. I know there are other breakfast options, but egg fills me up! I hate yolk anyways, so I was wondering if it was permissible to use 2-3 egg whites in coconut oil or pam or something, and then have a protein drink? The drinks on their own don't fill me up in the mornings like egg does. So are egg whites okay in phase one?

Thanks for all your help This website is a godsend!!!!

I know I was having troubles eating all of my normal meal protein. My coach did say I coul allocate 2 oz to the am and have a hard boiled egg white. You would have to count this as your "protein meal" and just have salad and veggies for your other meals.

Have you tried the oatmeal or a chocolate pudding with more water for a larger shake?
Are you having a big glass of water the moment you start your day?
Thefireresides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:19 PM   #22  
New to IP Program

S/C/G: 223/208/160

Height: 5'9"

My coach said that egg whites with veggies were fine for breakfast
TinaCleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:23 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 251/176/150

Height: 5'4"

I had my first weight in as i finished my first week on the IP diet. I lost 6.2 lbs and a total of 12.5 inches all over. I was a little disappointed with the amount of weight i lost as i have heard some people losing 10 to 12 lbs. What does that mean losing 12.5 inches but only losing 6 lbs?
kelly1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:49 PM   #24  

Hi, this is my first day on IP, i had the yogurt drink this morning and could barely drink it, not good at all..then for lunch i had the broc-cheese soup, i put broc and cauliflower in it but have to say, not very good!! Looking for honest responses on if all the protein shake food is this bad bc i am afraid i will really struggle!
Also, when to eat what is another question...i was a little hungry so I ate half the southwest puffs (its 4pm), can i save the rest for after dinner tonight? and should i have taken one of the natura-cal-mag's now and the other later? also do you have to eat the lettuce if you aren't hungry?
Sorry for all the questions, my coach is out of town until thursday...any help and advice will be greatly appreciated!
dpark2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:15 PM   #25  
skp

Height: 5'8"

What are miracle noodles?
skp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:43 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone,

So I was visiting family this past weekend, and one of my brothers in law is diabetic, so he was checking his blood glucose level, and then decided to check everybody's. After lunch mine was 85, which is normal, but it got me thinking.. what's the effect of ketosis on blood glucose level?

I know that since we are consuming fewer carbs, our glucose level should be lower than it normally would be, but I'm wondering if a certain blood glucose level by itself could be an indicator of a person being in ketosis?

Anyone has information on this?
Gika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:46 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 159/150/129

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by skp View Post
What are miracle noodles?
http://www.miraclenoodle.com/ - Here is a link to what they are all about.

The Miracle Noodle Low Down* made of naturally water soluble fiber with no fat, sugar, or starch.
* contain zero net carbohydrates and zero calories, no gluten -made of a healthy natural fiber called Glucomannan.
* wheat & gluten free and kosher.
* Easily absorbs the flavors of any soup, dish, or sauce.
* are instant and come in a variety of styles
* have shown beneficial effects backed by medical studies for Type II Diabetes, Constipation, Obesity, and Cholesterol!
Thefireresides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:34 PM   #28  

I am new to this thread but have been on Ideal Protein since March 17 and have lost 37 lbs. It is a great diet. My coach says to weigh everything after it cooks.
bren61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:25 PM   #29  
wannabe thinner

S/C/G: 167/116/115

Height: 5'

My coach only sells the IP food by the box. Is there some way one can buy a pouch to taste it?
Calypso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:29 PM   #30  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefireresides View Post
http://www.miraclenoodle.com/ - Here is a link to what they are all about.

The Miracle Noodle Low Down* made of naturally water soluble fiber with no fat, sugar, or starch.
* contain zero net carbohydrates and zero calories, no gluten -made of a healthy natural fiber called Glucomannan.
* wheat & gluten free and kosher.
* Easily absorbs the flavors of any soup, dish, or sauce.
* are instant and come in a variety of styles
* have shown beneficial effects backed by medical studies for Type II Diabetes, Constipation, Obesity, and Cholesterol!
Are they allowed in phase 1?? I sure hope SO!!
abbykitty1126 is offline   Reply With Quote