3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein -FAQ part 2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/227314-ideal-protein-faq-part-2-a.html)

calliem 06-23-2014 01:06 PM

they are allowed. I was told 1/2 bag was a serving to add to a meal without having to count it as anything.. i have yet to try them, but would like to.

JLUS 06-23-2014 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calliem (Post 5028838)
they are allowed. I was told 1/2 bag was a serving to add to a meal without having to count it as anything.. i have yet to try them, but would like to.

Sorry... No idea what you are referencing here. Most of the Previous posts are from a number of months ago.

Go to the post you are referring to and select quote in the lower right corner, then you can respond with he content quoted in your responding post! :)

oneuh2 07-12-2014 12:21 PM

Is Sobe Lifewater an acceptable alternative for water/H2O? Includes erythritol.

What is the story with erythritol and other sugar alcohols as acceptable sweeteners on IP? For example - how about Lifewater made by South Beach Beverage Company?

Lifewater in the 20 oz bottle has:
Calories: 0
Carbs: 0.8 grams
Sodium: 60 mg
Sugars: 0
Protein: 0

Water
Erythritol (a sugar alcohol, plant based i believe)
REB A (stevia extract)
Plus the usual citric acid, natural flavor, ascorbic acid, etc. - stuff that I believe is not a problem on IP

Can this be an acceptable alternative to plain water, and/or ok in addition tO the daily intake of regular water on IP?

lisa32989 07-12-2014 01:22 PM

You may want to ask in the daily chat. You'd probably get more answers there.

Hmm123 12-10-2014 03:28 PM

Has anyone used the Trader Joe's miso ginger broth? I compared the Nutritional label to the low sodium chicken broth and there were half the carbs in the ginger/miso broth which only had 2carbs/serving.

Any reason why this would be enjoying this?

Cheers

scorbett1103 12-10-2014 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hmm123 (Post 5103685)
Has anyone used the Trader Joe's miso ginger broth? I compared the Nutritional label to the low sodium chicken broth and there were half the carbs in the ginger/miso broth which only had 2carbs/serving.

Any reason why this would be enjoying this?

Cheers

College Inn Fat Free Low Sodium Chicken broth has 1g carb per cup. That is the only one I've found that is within range to be used on Phase 1. To be honest I usually make my own broth so that I do not have to worry about hidden carbs/sugar.

Carb-wise the TJ's Miso Ginger soup might be ok to have once in a while on Phase 1, but it's a bit high in sodium (28% of your recommended daily intake) - that is going to cause water retention. If you decided to have it, I would recommend it as a once-in-a-great-while treat, not something to have on a weekly basis.

College Inn Fat Free Low Sodium Chicken Broth
Serving Size 1 cup (240mL)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 5 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0g 0%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 420mg 18%
Total Carbohydrate 1g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 1g
Protein 0g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0%
Iron 0%

SweetRelease713 12-21-2014 06:30 AM

Zevia Sparkling Cider

So I am thinking about bringing Zevia Sparkling Cider--a no calorie beverage made with stevia--to a New Year's Party. Does this sound IP friendly? They also make 0 calorie sodas. Thoughts?:df:

scorbett1103 12-21-2014 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetRelease713 (Post 5106967)
So I am thinking about bringing Zevia Sparkling Cider--a no calorie beverage made with stevia--to a New Year's Party. Does this sound IP friendly? They also make 0 calorie sodas. Thoughts?:df:

You may actually want to post this in the daily chat thread - the FAQ thread is really meant for general FAQ about the diet, plus you will get more responses in the daily :)

ideal_hack 01-05-2015 06:10 PM

question about restricted vegetables

I posted this elsewhere but this seems like a better place for it
Hi all,

I'm doing this diet without a diet coach or diet center and have some questions about restricted veggies. I see that I'm only allowed to eat certain veggies -- tomatoes, Brussel sprouts, beans only once a week. Does this mean I can only only eat one of these once a week or can i eat each one once a week -- meaning i can pretty much have one of these every day.

And, if I can only have one once a week, how much of it do I get to eat? I would love to have tomatoes a lot. And I love roasted brusselsprouts.

Also, if I want to have eggs for dinner, how many can i eat? same question re: Tofu. I get sick of meat. Are there any restrictions with eggs etc.

thanks for the help. Doing this diet without buying the official products and without paying to go to a diet center or coach makes this affordable for me, but i do still have a bunch of questions. Also -- any advice -- about dinner recipes, allowance, restrictions or alternative products is much appreciated!

oneuh2 01-05-2015 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ideal_hack (Post 5112720)
I posted this elsewhere but this seems like a better place for it
Hi all,

I'm doing this diet without a diet coach or diet center and have some questions about restricted veggies. I see that I'm only allowed to eat certain veggies -- tomatoes, Brussel sprouts, beans only once a week. Does this mean I can only only eat one of these once a week or can i eat each one once a week -- meaning i can pretty much have one of these every day.

And, if I can only have one once a week, how much of it do I get to eat? I would love to have tomatoes a lot. And I love roasted brusselsprouts.

Also, if I want to have eggs for dinner, how many can i eat? same question re: Tofu. I get sick of meat. Are there any restrictions with eggs etc.

thanks for the help. Doing this diet without buying the official products and without paying to go to a diet center or coach makes this affordable for me, but i do still have a bunch of questions. Also -- any advice -- about dinner recipes, allowance, restrictions or alternative products is much appreciated!

here is a link to the most current protocol sheet - it answers your Q's re eggs, and spells out the select and occasional veggies in more detail than previous protocol sheets I have seen for Phase 1.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atta...2014-06-25.pdf

Check out the thread "What are you eating today iPeeps" for menu ideas, and you will see at least 4 (more really) recipe threads on the first posting each day in the Daily Chat -- lots of good info.

lisa32989 01-05-2015 08:43 PM

ideal_hack
This is the FAQ thread, where we place info.
It really isn't the place to ask questions.

Your best place to ask a question is on the Daily Chat thread. If it is new info that requires a thread, someone will start one, or put the info on the FAQ.

I'll try to find the other place you asked the questions and if they haven't been answered, I'll answer there.

Kendall93SlimThick 04-10-2015 12:56 AM

Am i able to drink multiple cups of tea a day?

Yorkbiz 06-29-2015 09:56 AM

Join inflamation or pain?

Good Morning! I am entering week 3 today and have lost 12 pounds! Love it! I have noticed in the last few days an increased feeling of inflammation or pain in my knees and elbows (strange I know:). Anybody else experience that? I have read that sometimes the body reacts to increased protein this way? I admit I am not great at getting all my water in every day...maybe a culprit?
Any info welcomed! Thanks!

frawniemae 06-29-2015 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yorkbiz (Post 5179139)
Good Morning! I am entering week 3 today and have lost 12 pounds! Love it! I have noticed in the last few days an increased feeling of inflammation or pain in my knees and elbows (strange I know:). Anybody else experience that? I have read that sometimes the body reacts to increased protein this way? I admit I am not great at getting all my water in every day...maybe a culprit?
Any info welcomed! Thanks!

Welcome aboard! I really think your body may still be adjusting to the lower carb lifestyle. Give it a couple more weeks and mention it to your coach. Unless it worsens, I would think it's just part of the process. For more answers and for any questions you might post in the Daily Chat thread (a new one is started 2-3 times a week - look for the latest date for the most recent posts).

Yorkbiz 06-29-2015 10:21 AM

Thanks so much! Will wait it out:)