3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Ideal Protein -FAQ part 2

Old 05-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by star2nite View Post
Due to the phenomenal success of my honey on IP I have begun my journey today, he is at a 30 lb. weight loss in 6 weeks and the before and after pictures show just what IP does in such a short time...Can I just say WOW!

I am a mother of 4, all grown and on their own except my youngest. I realized that I actually weigh more now than when I was pregnant with my children. YIKES, when did that happen?!

Approximately 4 years ago I went through a divorce after being married for 18 years and that was quite a life changing event. Then 3 years ago I met the most amazing man and love him dearly. Our only problem is we spent a lot of our time eating out socially and sad to say it's added up to WEIGH more than we realized..haha.

So now I'm ready... ready to not cry when I try on clothes, ready to be able to breathe because my pants aren't digging into my waist, ready to be proud when I look in the mirror, and most of all to be strong and healthy. Today is the day that journey begins!!!

So for food questions...I am excited but there are a few things I couldn't seem to find on the boards any my coach's answer wasn't solid.

Can we have I Can't Believe it's Not Butter on veggies? What's the word on Sugar Free Jello? Is it true in the first part of Phase 1 the bars can slow your progress??

I don't want to fail, I have the worst time with my willpower and was hoping these few things would help me through the tough times

I have been reading these boards for days and I am so excited. You are all amazing and such an inspiration...now to just get through the next few days. I want to rock their socks off at first weigh in. My fiance lost 13 lbs over the course of a week and a half. Dr. says being a female I probably won't have the same success, why does that seem like a challenge now
Yes, you can have I Can't Believe its Not Butter. I don't know about the sugar free jello. Anything not on the Phase 1 sheet has to be 0 fat, 0 calories, and 0 carbs. You can buy Knox gelatin and make your own jello by adding MIO (liquid flavoring sold at grocery stores with the Crystal Light). There are mixed opinions among coaches about the bars. I've had one every day since I started IP, and I am happy with my weight loss. Wuv has too, and she has lost 150 lbs. in 55 weeks (I think those numbers are correct). You must read her story and see her pictures. She usually starts the daily chats, so check them out. Some coaches won't let their clients have bars until a couple of weeks in, but I personally don't agree with that. (Neither does my clinic.)
Andie0606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:18 PM   #137
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie0606 View Post
Yes, you can have I Can't Believe its Not Butter. I don't know about the sugar free jello. Anything not on the Phase 1 sheet has to be 0 fat, 0 calories, and 0 carbs. You can buy Knox gelatin and make your own jello by adding MIO (liquid flavoring sold at grocery stores with the Crystal Light). There are mixed opinions among coaches about the bars. I've had one every day since I started IP, and I am happy with my weight loss. Wuv has too, and she has lost 150 lbs. in 55 weeks (I think those numbers are correct). You must read her story and see her pictures. She usually starts the daily chats, so check them out. Some coaches won't let their clients have bars until a couple of weeks in, but I personally don't agree with that. (Neither does my clinic.)
Andie, you are correct I have had a restricted since day one and for the first 2 weeks (not knowing any better) had 2 restricted a day. The sugarfree Jello is not allowed in Phase 1. And you were pretty close I've loss 156lbs in 54 weeks.....thanks for keeping up with me

my YouTube videos, subscribe and you will be alerted when I post new ones
http://www.youtube.com/user/wuv2bloved?feature=guide
My continued Weight loss Journey https://www.facebook.com/CornerYourI...ghtLossJourney
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:32 PM   #138
Restart IP 05/19/14

S/C/G: 370/349/150

Height: 5'5"

Is the reason the sugar-free jello isn't allowed because it contains aspertane?
Goal #1: Lose 10% of starting weight (333)
Goal #2: Below 300

WI#1 -12
WI#2 -5
WI#3 -3
WI#4 -1
mylastdiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:34 PM   #139

Honestly, If its not 0/0/0 or on the sheet we can't have it. I never looked into it cuz I was told no so I didn't question it. There are other items allowed that contain the aspertane so I don't think its that but I am not completely sure

My continued Weight loss Journey https://www.facebook.com/CornerYourI...ghtLossJourney
Old 05-17-2012, 08:36 PM   #140
Start date: 5/17/12

S/C/G: 188/172/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Thank you all for your quick replies :)

Thank you for the warm welcome and such lightening fast responses

Day 1 - I have made it through breakfast and lunch so far

In regards to the Sugar Free Jello I have a box here and it states Calories 10, Fat 0g, Sodium 65 mg, Total Carbohydrate 0, Sugars 0, Protein 1. It does contain aspartame.

To be honest I haven't read about aspartame on here so I don't know the reasons everyone is against.

Also my coach says NO MIO, she stated that they are finding they contain hidden sugars. Part of the time I wonder if they say those things so you don't find substitues for the IP food?
star2nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:09 PM   #141

Does anyone else feel racy heart after taking Potassium supplement in the morning. This is my second day and it's happening again.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:42 PM   #142

Quote:
Does anyone else feel racy heart after taking Potassium supplement in the morning. This is my second day and it's happening again.
No, I haven't experienced that. I only take one IP calcium/potassium in the morning and one non-IP potassium in the evening. It has less potassium than the IP one. How many are you taking in the a.m.? Maybe cut back it you're taking more than one. May want to consult your dr.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:40 PM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie0606 View Post
No, I haven't experienced that. I only take one IP calcium/potassium in the morning and one non-IP potassium in the evening. It has less potassium than the IP one. How many are you taking in the a.m.? Maybe cut back it you're taking more than one. May want to consult your dr.
I only take one as prescribed. It doesn't last long, but I sure will talk to her when I go in next Friday. If for any reason before than I feel uncomfortable I might hold off on taking that particular one until I have an appointment, or at least call her to see what she thinks THank you
Old 05-18-2012, 01:49 PM   #144

Quote:
I only take one as prescribed. It doesn't last long, but I sure will talk to her when I go in next Friday. If for any reason before than I feel uncomfortable I might hold off on taking that particular one until I have an appointment, or at least call her to see what she thinks THank you
I take the lesser dosage plain potassium in the evening to prevent foot/leg cramps.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:40 PM   #145

S/C/G: 276/212.4/160

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgirl View Post
Does anyone know where I can get MIO in Canada?
My friend found it in Walmart in toronto
wendywendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #146

S/C/G: 156/138.8/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendywendy View Post
My friend found it in Walmart in toronto
I've found mio in every grocery store in medicine hat, Alberta. It's with the crystal light.
Cootermom125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #147

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgirl View Post
Does anyone know where I can get MIO in Canada?
MIO scares me. I bought some before I started IP. I thought it would be nice to have around for me and the kids. I thought it tasted like sweetened chemicals. I'm not a super health nut, but I would rather have plain water flavoured with lemon or cucumber slices over that any day. Needless to say, the MIO hit the trash bin. No need to give my kids chemical laced water either.
CoolChickInAFatSuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #148

Height: 5'4.5"

I just checked for the ingredients in MIO and found this:

Here is the ingredient list:

Water, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Malic Acid, Contains Less than 2% of Natural Flavor, Sucralose and Acesulfame Potassium (Sweeteners), Potassium Citrate, Red 40, Blue 1, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative).

What are you getting here? Propylene Glycol is a clear and slightly bitter liquid that is used to prevent discoloration of foods during storage. It has been shown to cause various diseases in animal studies when consumed in large quantities.

Acesulfame Potassium is a fake sweetener that is potentially carcinogenic.

“Natural Flavor” with fake colors to cause you to imagine the berries depicted on the package. Unfortunately those artificial colors may cause cancer and hyperactivity too.

Last but not least, potassium sorbate is a mold inhibitor* – it allows this product to sit on a shelf for months.

So, Mio is a gobbledegook of chemicals designed to entice consumers, but mostly to increase Kraft profits.

Read the whole article here:
http://blog.fooducate.com/2011/04/11...ng-real-in-it/
CoolChickInAFatSuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:51 PM   #149

Hello everyone,
Hope someone knows this info. What are the two products used to reduce cellulite and how do I use them. I know one is the gelatin. Any ideas what the other is?
Than you in advance
ceeaimage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:24 PM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceeaimage View Post
Hello everyone,
Hope someone knows this info. What are the two products used to reduce cellulite and how do I use them. I know one is the gelatin. Any ideas what the other is?
Than you in advance
Blueberry cranberry drink

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.