Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 10:31 AM   #16  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deve67 View Post
Hi, I am new here. Saw a story about IP in the newspaper. Decided to research and was let to this forum. Wow! you are all so full of info. Can't wait to try your recipes.I ordered from idealtogo.My order came yesterday.They want you to order 12 boxes for 1st order. Now I have 12 boxes,a new steamer and new veggie slicer,vitamins,sea salt etc. all over my counter. I have no pantry and limited storage. Can you share how you store and oragnize everything?
When I started my people gave me brown lunch bags for each group, breakfast, drinks, puddings, restricted. I am still using them but I basically get what I need for the week the day I weigh in so I then go home and sort them into the bags and am plannig to have a little tray and put them on a shelf in my cupboards but just haven't yet.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:40 AM   #17  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got2benow View Post
Okay. I am probably going to get a beat down for this, but here goes: it will be 3 weeks tomorrow and I have only lost a little over 5 lbs. Not ip fault, but mine! I do not have a coach, at all, they just handed me the products and an info sheet and took my money. What I have learned, I learned from you guys and it is appreciated. I do not even have wi's. I have had a couple of bad slips. Here is what I am debating, next week we will be going on a trip an since my success has not been that great, I thought of going off and restarting when we return. This is really expensive and I am not doing as great as the majority....I love seeing all the exciting stats. I just can't seem to invision myself ever totally giving up sweets. Isn't that so pitiful?
You know I thought I would never be able to do it either. I have a wonderful support group at work and here online. If you stick to it and after the first week you really do NOT crave the sweets. I think for me it is because I can still have the sweet drinks, or have a restricted bar, or chocolate puff thingy.. The first week is a struggle. This is the start of my 4th week and I weighed in yesterday 3lbs down and 5 inches. So you do see the results if you stick to it. Even if you start over you might want to see if there is another coach in your area. We have 5 people from our office on it and we all have different coaches and they all do things a little different. Maybe you just need to find a coach that can help you through that first big week of not having sweets.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:54 AM   #18  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Wow, so many new people. WELCOME!!! Also congrats to everyone on amazing losses and NSV's!!!!

I was felling a bit down on myself because yesterday I had a small slip. I ended up having an extra packet wich would have been fine except it was a restricted so that meant I had 2 restricteds yesterday. it was that or do something pretty bad so I think i made the better choice. I have been involved with IP in some form or another since Oct 2009, and while I felt bad for a little bit I am starting to wrap my brain around the fact that we all have choices and in this case I made the better choice. That is really what this journey is about right. I want to be able to make better choices than I have before. I don't think the extra "soy puffs" will set me back and I am commited to continuing my journey.

Have a Super day everyone and a GREAT weekend!!!
Old 03-04-2011, 11:06 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 185.6/148/145

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
Wow, so many new people. WELCOME!!! Also congrats to everyone on amazing losses and NSV's!!!!

I was felling a bit down on myself because yesterday I had a small slip. I ended up having an extra packet wich would have been fine except it was a restricted so that meant I had 2 restricteds yesterday. it was that or do something pretty bad so I think i made the better choice. I have been involved with IP in some form or another since Oct 2009, and while I felt bad for a little bit I am starting to wrap my brain around the fact that we all have choices and in this case I made the better choice. That is really what this journey is about right. I want to be able to make better choices than I have before. I don't think the extra "soy puffs" will set me back and I am commited to continuing my journey.

Have a Super day everyone and a GREAT weekend!!!

I agree with you, I have been in situations as well where I had to make choices, life happens and you can't always control where your going to be or what food will be available at that moment. I have done the same as you and had an extra bar or packet with me and I chose that over non IP foods and I felt good about my choice. Your comment about "choices" is 100% right on in my opinion, that's what we all need to learn and practice for a lifetime of success. Good for you for sticking to the IP choice restricted or not.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:27 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

Just wanted to say goodmorning and see my ticker! LOL!
Spent 15 hours behind the wheel of my van yesterday and I must say I am dreading getting back in today! Wasn't the best OP day! Oh well forward I go or downward hopefully! I will see on Tuesday (my weigh in day) if I messed myself up!

Just remember the closer you stick to the protocal the faster you lose the weight the sooner your struggle is over!
Old 03-04-2011, 11:38 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 248/239/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaipjourney View Post
Funny Story, I was cutting up apples cuz I was making apple pie for the family. When I was cleaning up I noticed one slice I missed putting in the pie. Without even thinking i stuck it in my mouth and chomped down on it. I literally freaked, I spit that thing out like I had just put rat poison in my mouth. If someone saw me they would have thought I had lost my mind. LOL!
That is so funny! I don't know how many times I have just barely stopped myself from putting something in my mouth. It really makes it hard to cook for the rest of the family when I can't taste something! I've even did the old throw the spaghetti on the refrigerator trick the other night to see if it was done!
Old 03-04-2011, 11:38 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

Just checked out some of the comments on my progress pics, which need to be updated but... Thank you everyone, That made me smile! The thinner ones were from almost 15 lbs. ago!
Old 03-04-2011, 11:40 AM   #23  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
I'm very excited...My husband joined this week he has about 30 lbs to lose..
My son joined two week ago..he did 9 his first week and 5 the second...he has about 60 lbs and his cholesterol was 300..I was soo upset so now I see great changes in him and he is working out at the gym again too...I'm so happy he is fighting to get back his health and is enjoying it..
I have 14 lbs to go and I want to finish it by the end of march.....I can see an end to my weight loss and a beginning to the new me...
I've got to post some more pictures...
When I lose that 14 lbs...I'm getting a hot red swimsuit...yeaaaaa!!!!!!
My sons favorite so far is the turnip fries...to funny....

Quote:
Originally Posted by locks View Post
Congrats Judo , I just saw yesterday the hot new colour is red in bathing suits too, so your just in time lol
Well, what do you know? judoGirl has gotten me to thinking about a red swimsuit. I will have to buy a swimsuit this year. Red is one of my favorite colors in clothing. I looked at Belk the other day, they are just beginning to creat an inventory of swimsuits. They did not have red one, they did have some beautiful colors and a variety of styles. Some of the prices were more than I want to pay, I would like to have 2 new suits. I did see a few in my price range, not sure if the styles are for me. Judo, let us know where you find a red suit.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:41 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Morning everyone

Just a quick check in here as I have a beautiful, sweet newborn on the way to the studio.

Had weigh in number 2 this morning and got good news and bad news. The bad news is, I'm not showing a loss of weight here in week 2 but we're certain it's because a) TOM and b) the big C. I honestly didn't realize until last night that I haven't been in the bathroom but ONCE this week, other than to pee, so ya, that's a big issue. Thing is, I don't feel particularily uncomfortable which is weird and I guess that's why I didn't realize. I've been dealing with a sore back for about 3 weeks now and coach said that the big C issue probably isn't helping any SO she upped my floralax and told me to get on it LOL

Anyway, good news is that in 2 weeks, I've managed to lose 11.5 inches total so that's exciting Definitely feeling it in my clothing already and just feeling better in general. Also exciting is that I'm at the point now that I'm allowed to have a daily restricted so that's something new to look forward to.
I can't say enough how much all of you here inspire me, between my amazing coach and you guys, if it wasn't for that, I probably would have cried when I saw that the scale didn't move this morning. Instead, I know it can only go DOWN from here and that my friends, is an exciting prospect!

Have a great OP day everyone!

Last edited by ontariophotogal; 03-04-2011 at 11:42 AM.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:33 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteandcute View Post
Well, what do you know? judoGirl has gotten me to thinking about a red swimsuit. I will have to buy a swimsuit this year. Red is one of my favorite colors in clothing. I looked at Belk the other day, they are just beginning to creat an inventory of swimsuits. They did not have red one, they did have some beautiful colors and a variety of styles. Some of the prices were more than I want to pay, I would like to have 2 new suits. I did see a few in my price range, not sure if the styles are for me. Judo, let us know where you find a red suit.

Why not aim for the goal of a beautiful good quality suit from Victorias' Secret? they are truly one of a kind and you KNOW you wont see the same thing at the beach / pool. I think we deserve this...and we have worked for this new body we are aiming for this summer!
Old 03-04-2011, 12:38 PM   #26  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

All this talk about red bathing suits....It is so good to hear that you all are rewarding yourselves with items that willl show off the new you. Congrats to all and I hope you find that perfect suit.

Me on the other hand will not look any different in red or any color of swim trunks. Color is not going to matter, but atleast mine will be smaller than last year.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 03-04-2011, 12:39 PM   #27  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Thank you to all who have commented on my progress photo's. I was worried about putting them up for all to see. Thanks again, you all are very supportive and helpful. Thanks again!
Old 03-04-2011, 12:39 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
All this talk about red bathing suits....It is so good to hear that you all are rewarding yourselves with items that willl show off the new you. Congrats to all and I hope you find that perfect suit.

Me on the other hand will not look any different in red or any color of swim trunks. Color is not going to matter, but atleast mine will be smaller than last year.

Have a wonderful day!
hahha true! Tend to forget that there are a few 'guys' here on the site... YES ! you will be a much smaller size... yay you !
Old 03-04-2011, 01:01 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 248/239/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
Why not aim for the goal of a beautiful good quality suit from Victorias' Secret? they are truly one of a kind and you KNOW you wont see the same thing at the beach / pool. I think we deserve this...and we have worked for this new body we are aiming for this summer!
Ok - I would never have thought to look at Victoria Secret - have never been brave enough to even walk into one of their stores. Now I really want one of those suits!!! I have always worn a one piece - even when I was 125 lbs in college! Would love to get a tankini but that will probably have to wait for next summer. Might just splurge on a VS one piece this summer. Thanks for the idea!!
Didn't have an official WI this week. Doing official WI every two weeks as it is quite a drive to the clinic I go to. Down 3 lbs this morning by my scale which has been the same as the one at the clinic. Whoo Hoo! Have been feeling really good all week.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:13 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd447 View Post
Ok - I would never have thought to look at Victoria Secret - have never been brave enough to even walk into one of their stores. Now I really want one of those suits!!! I have always worn a one piece - even when I was 125 lbs in college! Would love to get a tankini but that will probably have to wait for next summer. Might just splurge on a VS one piece this summer. Thanks for the idea!!
Didn't have an official WI this week. Doing official WI every two weeks as it is quite a drive to the clinic I go to. Down 3 lbs this morning by my scale which has been the same as the one at the clinic. Whoo Hoo! Have been feeling really good all week.
I think if you keep up with how you are doing now...you will be pleasantly surprised for this summer and a tankini might be in order ! Yep, VS suits, even one pieces are sooooooo original looking... and the quality is very very good. I kwow what you mean re: walking into thier stores... I felt the same way about a store here called 'bikini village' ...i went in there my very first time last month before my punta cana trip and OMG... i thought NO way anything would fit and low and behold it did... I was stunned....just wait! you will see! the over whelming feeling of both shock , and pride, and disbelief........as you look at the new you in clothes you never thought you would wear........ so stick to it! you can do it... the pay off is ohhhhh so great. For emotional and physical health...
Closed Thread