Old 02-07-2014, 07:02 PM   #16  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

Why don't you get an X-ray and a proper diagnosis rather than wasting money on a whole lot of things that are not proven to achieve anything.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:18 PM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattience View Post
Why don't you get an X-ray and a proper diagnosis rather than wasting money on a whole lot of things that are not proven to achieve anything.
Like physical therapy?
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:23 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Giving this thread a bump as I am experiencing really bad right hip pain while sitting. Walking, standing, laying down are not issues and I did not have this problem until this Sunday - 9 days in. I am prone to back problems and have seen a chiro on / off for over 10 years - but this is new. Before if I started experiencing this type of pain, my back would lock for a few days and gradually sort itself out (after a couple adjustments). This is 100% concentrated in my hip. I am glad to read there are / could be legitimate reasons this might be occurring - I was getting scarred it could be my kidney rebelling against ketosis.
I started doing my sciatic nerve yoga / stretching yesterday - and a warm heating pad helps a great deal.
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:40 PM   #19  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
Giving this thread a bump as I am experiencing really bad right hip pain while sitting. Walking, standing, laying down are not issues and I did not have this problem until this Sunday - 9 days in. I am prone to back problems and have seen a chiro on / off for over 10 years - but this is new. Before if I started experiencing this type of pain, my back would lock for a few days and gradually sort itself out (after a couple adjustments). This is 100% concentrated in my hip. I am glad to read there are / could be legitimate reasons this might be occurring - I was getting scarred it could be my kidney rebelling against ketosis.
I started doing my sciatic nerve yoga / stretching yesterday - and a warm heating pad helps a great deal.
I suffer from pinched nerve pain that runs from buttock down to shin, too... Not sciatic nerve but another close to it. It really began acting up for me after I had lost about 35 lbs.... I had a long drive to SC from VA... Thought I would cry from the pain.

My IP coach is also a fitness trainer and the IP business is part of a chiropractor practice. Trainer coach says that my body reacts to carrying less weight by changing how it is carrying my weight - alignments shift. I began seeing the chiropractor and my alignment is improved, but I am still feeling pain after about one hr in any car seat... Pain more in buttocks than hip.... And I notice that I need to work on building up my glutes... They have deflated into a very flat flabby area of little padding for me to sit on....

I need to really embrace some physical activities that will help build muscle.... Losing weight feels good, but one does still need some booty, I think....
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:54 PM   #20  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Others have been told that the fat created pressure on the joints. With that going away, we have to increase muscle strength to stabilize the joints. Since increasing exercise improved yours, I'm inclined to agree with this theory.
This sounds accurate, could even be that you have had inflammation around the joint (protecting it from pain) that has now gone as a result of the detoxing via IP.

I had pain at the top front of the thigh where it joins the hip for the first week or so, but started walking at that stage and although it twinged for a couple of weeks it did disappear completely.
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 01:24 PM   #21  

I also saw a mention of soy? Being hypothyroid for 6 years now, I do my best to avoid products with soy & IP products are laden with soy, as are the EAS shakes I'm using as a replacement.
My coach doesn't seem to think there is a true link to problems with soy...but from searching around I see a few 3FC members have done IP soy-free and am wondering if the joint pain is soy-induced (as I just started the EAS drinks on Friday 2/6).
Old 02-10-2015, 01:41 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
I also saw a mention of soy? Being hypothyroid for 6 years now, I do my best to avoid products with soy & IP products are laden with soy, as are the EAS shakes I'm using as a replacement.
My coach doesn't seem to think there is a true link to problems with soy...but from searching around I see a few 3FC members have done IP soy-free and am wondering if the joint pain is soy-induced (as I just started the EAS drinks on Friday 2/6).
Coaches really don't have much training and surely don't know if soy would be the cause. They are there to sell a product and most of the products contain soy. Of COURSE they're not going to think it is a problem!

Try cutting out soy (purchasing some other products) for about 21 days and see if you notice a difference. Sometimes an elimination diet will reveal many things unique to us as individuals. I'm not using soy protein b/c it makes my stomach have more problems.

If the use of soy protein is an issue and you still need RTD, try the Pure Protein brand shakes. They don't use soy protein. I use mostly powders and not RTD so that isn't as much as an issue. It is much easier to find soy-free powders.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 01:52 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Coaches really don't have much training and surely don't know if soy would be the cause. They are there to sell a product and most of the products contain soy. Of COURSE they're not going to think it is a problem!

Try cutting out soy (purchasing some other products) for about 21 days and see if you notice a difference. Sometimes an elimination diet will reveal many things unique to us as individuals. I'm not using soy protein b/c it makes my stomach have more problems.

If the use of soy protein is an issue and you still need RTD, try the Pure Protein brand shakes. They don't use soy protein. I use mostly powders and not RTD so that isn't as much as an issue. It is much easier to find soy-free powders.
Lol - it's like being told the calcium pills wouldn't be an issue either until I said "my hyperthyroid Rx has a label, from the pharmacy, that says to not take calcium for 4 hours"...then it was "oh, I see. We'll work around that then"

Yah - the last 4 days have been interesting to say the least. I keep asking myself if it's possible to react so quickly...but then I think about my cousin who has celiac's and seeing the very quick reaction he had when he accidentally ingested gluten (from a supposedly gluten-free pizza).

My left knee has also started bothering me - it actually started before the hip. It's like my joints are flaring up / inflamed...

Yes, the grab & go shakes are convenient but I can live without them - thank you for the suggestion though!

Wegman's has a great soy-free vanilla protein powder I've used before - think it's time to grab a can!
Old 02-13-2015, 03:57 PM   #24  

S/C/G: SW 323/281/180

I had terrible knee pain before starting IP. The pain was so bad I thought I was going to need a knee replacement at 32 years old. 1-2 weeks into the protocol my knee pain and back pain were gone. I have since fallen off the wagon and my knee pain is back. Back on plan tomorrow
Mitsu23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 09:08 PM   #25  

Stopped soy (EAS shakes) and voila, hip and knee pain are gone! Interesting to know. So now how limited am I with the IP foods...?
Old 02-15-2015, 08:12 PM   #26  

Looks Like I am going to be limited *sigh*

Ate the broccoli cheddar soup yesterday and after 2 days pain free, went to lay down last night and felt that nail in my hip again - its not as bad but it was achy today wonder if this intolerance would show up on an allergy test?