Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 06:48 PM   #91  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
Anyone want to join me for Boot Camp? We could take it one week at a time and see how we do.
i could use a bit of boot camp in my life. i'll start today!
Old 02-28-2011, 06:50 PM   #92  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
To post a thread: Go up to the t op of the page, right above the stickies on the left hand side. Immediately above the Threads in the Forum you'll see something that says "New Thread." But I sure hope this isn't an open sesame to start new threads at the drop of a hat, just for personal questions. Often people don't read them; just stick to the daily thread. On the other hand if someone has a new idea that would benefit everyone, go to it. And then there some old threads like "How I Got My Signature Name" that can be really interesting and fun, but don't get bumped enough.
Thank you so much Linden! I belong to another forum as well for my business and have never been able to figure out how to start a thread. I probably never will but it is at least nice to know that I could if I wanted.
Hope all is well with you!
Old 02-28-2011, 07:14 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 265/244/185

Height: Started IP 12/8/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
I'm in for the boot camp! Why don't we start a thread for it where we post our food/water? I can set one up this evening, if you want.

Alaska, 135 for Disney is in reach!

Coastal, yay! Better be one heck of a seamstress!

That would be great. We can either start it today or tomorrow ( IP Bootcamp Week of Feb
28) if ok with everyone else.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:38 PM   #94  

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Good morning all! Here is to another wonderful day and start of a week.

I had posted yesterday, but would like some opinions on phasing off by April. I would like to enjoy my 32 birthday, but want to phase off properly. I will jump right back on protocol right after and continue my journey. Would like to hear from those of you who phased off for a cruise or vacation. I have an idea how to do this but would like some further input. Either post here or feel free to PM me.

Thanks in advance. WE CAN DO THIS!
Quote:
Thank you for your thoughts. I will return to protocol after the event. I am not rewarding myself with food, I want the opportunity to be able to enjoy any cake, cupcakes, drinks that are there. So are you saying that you will never eat cake or a special holiday food again because it is a reward?

I will come back on protocol, PROMISE and you all can hold me to it.

Happy early birthday.

Like I said before, I am not rewarding myself, I just want the opportunity to enjoy this day/party or whatever it may hold. I am not telling everyone to run out and buy me 32 cakes, 32 cupcakes, 32 beers and I am just going to sit down at a feeding trough. I want to be able to enjoy whatever is there. Will you never have birthday cake or treats ever again?

Thank you for your thoughts.

I too had my Birthday during my Phase 1, oh yeah, and my son's birthday, and Thanksgiving, and Christmas, and Halloween, and my friends birthday. I enjoyed every single one of those days knowing that I didn't stop the roller coaster of success by eating what wasn't on plan. I just kept telling myself that I can have all those off plan foods some day, just not now, and in moderation later. Your birthday is just a day, you can celebrate that any day. Even when you're at your goal. It sounds like you're determined to eat off plan on your birthday, but please consider sticking with this. Good luck on your decision.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:59 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Not trying to be Debbi Downer here, but I do want to tell you how hard it is to start back up after you have stopped following Phase 1. I have started Phase 1 twice now after I hit my goal to lose that last 10 lbs I want and I have not yet been able to succeed like I did the first time. I never cheated once when I did Phase 1 the first time and now I tell myself "one bite won't hurt"

My 37th birthday is this Friday and I am going to continue with protocol, because I think the idea for all of us, is that we don't need to reward an event or ourselves with food anymore. I am going to enjoy that my friends and family are buying me outfits that are 4 sizes smaller this year than last year.
carlasherea- you my dear, are one tough cookie! i am hoping to be at goal by my birthday and thusly looking forward to a very well earned drink! but i agree with your point of view on not making food a reward. it's a lifestyle change....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
Good Morning!

Today feels like another great day, but it was a rough weekend!

I would love to hear from anyone who is exercising. I ran six miles on Saturday and used a coach-recommended banana as my fuel source. The run felt fine, but by the end of the day I was shaky and sickly. I'm doing an "alternative protocol" that adds extra food for the exercising, but Saturday still didn't feel great.

Is this something I should expect for every long run (more than an hour) or will it get better as I get used to it? Thanks!
marcus- wow! 6 miles that is impressive. have you read any about the athletic alternative protocol? not something i know anything about but it sounds like it might be for you...that or you're probably going to have to back off the intense stuff...

[QUOTE=4meandbrandon;3734761]
Quote:
Thank you for your thoughts. I will return to protocol after the event. I am not rewarding myself with food, I want the opportunity to be able to enjoy any cake, cupcakes, drinks that are there. So are you saying that you will never eat cake or a special holiday food again because it is a reward?

I will come back on protocol, PROMISE and you all can hold me to it.

Happy early birthday.

Like I said before, I am not rewarding myself, I just want the opportunity to enjoy this day/party or whatever it may hold. I am not telling everyone to run out and buy me 32 cakes, 32 cupcakes, 32 beers and I am just going to sit down at a feeding trough. I want to be able to enjoy whatever is there. Will you never have birthday cake or treats ever again?

Thank you for your thoughts.[/QUOTE

HEY

Just my 2 cents! Have you thought about staying on phase 1 and just using that one day as a cheat day. Then the next day keep low everything as would after a cheat day in maintenance. The good thing about the forum is you will always get to points of view. The hardcore and not- so harcore. I tend to be on the hardcore side now. But that's what I did in December 1 day and it worked out for me. But I have vowed not to do it again until I'm ready to phase off for the summer. But only you know whatts easier for you. Have 1 cheat day on phase 1 or phase off and then jump back one phase 1 again. I hope whatever you do works for you!
this is a great topic! interesting the phasing off for a cheat day, or just having a cheat day in the middle of phase 1. hmmmmmm. juice, my bday is in april too and i'm contemplating the same. i'm afraid if i phase, i'll prob like it too much and not get back on. i'll probably opt for the cheat in the middle of phase 1 if i'm not at goal by then. not sure, i'll have to read everyone's reply's. and i for one as i think about my life after this loss, do see an occasional unmentionable in my diet. special occasions, and small portions is my mental game plan so far but i'll have to see how it plays out in real life!

Last edited by rondar; 02-28-2011 at 08:00 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:05 PM   #96  
Pat R

S/C/G: 219/209/175

Height: 5'6.5"

WooHoo!! Today's WI registered at 7 pounds and 5 inches!!! After three weeks of 2 lbs a week, I was shocked and elated!! Did the happy dance right off the scale. Grand total of 38 pounds lost since 12/7 start date. I am only 12 pounds from my first 50 pound goal. I love, love, love IP!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 08:06 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanmly View Post
Just got back from WI #1 and I lost. . . . . . . . 11.4 lbs, OMG I am sooooo excited I just can't contain myself
Amazing!!! Congratulations to you. Here's to another IP week!!
Old 02-28-2011, 08:08 PM   #98  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I had those bumps. They were very bad! I even had scaring on my arms from them. After being on the program 5 months, they were all gone and, now, I am nearly rid of the scares too. I think in fixing my weight issues I removed foods that aggravates that skin disorder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
The bumps are most likely keratosis pilaris
and now that you mention it, I'm going to have to check my arms when I get home and see if it has gotten any better! (It just wouldn't do to be stripping down in the middle of Starbucks...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Yes! Check! I have that and mine improved DRAMATICALLY. People didn't comment much on it before but, I knew they could see it (VERY UGLY for me) but, once it was improving... EVERYONE said something.
Well, well, well, what do you know? No bumps! Still some red spots from where they were, but hopefully they'll fade! Yay!
Old 02-28-2011, 08:09 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Hi everyone!
This late into the day I can't possibly respond to everyone however I have read all the posts So happy to see so many more lbs. lost as usual! You all inspire me so much!
I haven't been around much today as I had a 7 month old in the studio today and then got news that a close friend's baby is not doing so well so I've been busy garnering prayers for her. Her name is Ella and she was born 16 weeks early and was doing good until a bowel infection came up. Now she just got our of surgery and could still use more prayers so if anyone here wouldn't mind saying one for her, I would be so grateful. Ella's Mommy has already lost a little girl last year (stillbirth), which is how we met, and really REALLY needs her newest little girl to pull through. Thanking you all in advance.

As for IP for me today has been another great day! I spaced my meals out better than usual and just finished eating some baked parsnip chips and LOVED them. I'd never even tried a parsnip before, who knew?! I'm looking forward to adding to the 14.5 lbs. lost and getting my measurements taken this week too

Have a good night everyone.

Last edited by ontariophotogal; 02-28-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:15 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by caraab View Post
Just had my 2 WI. Down 9 !/2 pounds in two weeks. It hasn't been easy and I've experienced much the same things that have been mentioned. My question is this. I found that if I had a sugar free candy after a meal it satisfied me and I was able to stay on the protocal. After doing this for 3-4 days I couldn't figure out why these little candies were helping me so much. I checked the label closer and found that there were 4 grams of Carbohydrates in each one and something called sugar alcohol. So my question is.....are these little candies sabotaging my program or can I keep having 2 or 3 a day? (Baskin Robbins Mint chocolate chip sugar free candy)
if it were me i'd wean off of them. they are just a crutch and yes the sugar alcohol can cause a stall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
I just ordered THE DRESS.. owner of store said for me to order the size I am now and she has a master seamstress who can take in the dress easily..It is a Cameron Blake designer dress coming from Calif, It will be in the end of May, so plenty of time for alterations....I'm excited!!!!!!!!
Rosemary- I want a pic of it when it gets here, can't wait to see the real thing!

i went shopping in my boxes yesterday and came up with about 6 transition outfits and 2 jeans. an old pair of silvers i never really liked at the time because they were fat pants, now suddenly look more attractive as my new skinny jeans!
Old 02-28-2011, 08:28 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default Boot Camp-- Mary and Holly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollmark View Post
I'd like to try bootcamp..when should we start??? I have a few restricted items left in my cupboard, but they can wait till bootcamp is over!!
I WI tomorrow, so I thought since I'm ordering, I'll order only non-restrictive packages for this week. I thought we could start tomorrow morning. Is that going to work for you?
I have a party the first week of April. I'm thinking this may help me get down a little easier.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:30 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 186/150/130

Height: 5'3" 1/2

QUOTE=CarrieA;3733843]First, thanks for your insight and daily blogs...this is the website I found that convinced me IP was the diet for me. I also have a friend that is doing IP and lost 32 pounds in 3 months.

As part of my Christmas present I told my husband I wanted him and I to do this program. With some reluctance and reservation he gave in. We started the Wednesday after the superbowl, February 9th.

I'm 5'3" 1/2 and weighed in at 186. After the first week I lost 4 lbs (I was hoping more like 6 to 8 lbs and so was my coach) and 1 inch around my waist. The second week I lost 2 lbs and 2 inches. Of course my husband has lost a total of 10 lbs...that's a man for ya! I think I'm following the program correctly. We will be weighing in on Tuesday and I'm hoping for at least 3 lbs.

I have some questions that you might be able to help with:

1. do you measure your vegi's before or after you cook them?
2. how do you measure things like spinch, do you pack it into measuring cup, and radishes, to bulky to fit into a measureing cup?
3. I keep mushrooms that I've sauted in a teaspoon of oil in my refrigerator. I use some in my omelet, mushroom soup and with our meat. Do I have to count the oilf in the mushrooms as part of my oil for the day or do you think it's a negligible amount to count?
4. If you go over your meat allowance by a couple or few ounces will it matter?
5. Do you count romaine and mixed green lettuce as part of you vegi's or is it part of the unlimited lettuce (didn't know if it was just iceberg lettuce that was considered under the unlimited lettuce)?

I'm just concerned about having to many vegi's or carbs and to much oil. My coach says having a little extra meat or vegi's won't hurt.

I appreciate any advice you can give me.[/QUOTE]

I posted this on another thread. Someone posted that I should post this on the daily thread to get more feed back. I go in for my third WI tomorrow...hope it's better.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:30 PM   #103  

Default Mary, Holly and Laura doing Boot Camp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
i could use a bit of boot camp in my life. i'll start today!
We're really close to the same weight. We're on it!
Old 02-28-2011, 08:32 PM   #104  

Default All right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4meandbrandon View Post
!

I AM ALL IN!!! Should we start a bootcamp thread for this week?
I don't know how to start the thread, but if you do, that would be great! I think we have 4 so far that want to join. I would like to start tomorrow. March 1 a new beginning.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:39 PM   #105  

So many of us want to do boot camp, I am so happy you are all willing to accompany me on this mission! Thank you all so much. Let us know when the new thread is started, ok?
Closed Thread