Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 08:46 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
Oh thank you, thank you, thank you Rondar & Jace!

So this will probably slow down the weight loss, is that true?

***pet pet pet*** cute Jace on the head...
sherry- if you ingested say 500 cal in oil, it will set you back 500 of the approximately 3500 needed to lose a pound. i wouldn't worry about it much. the important thing is not cheating with a carb. THAT would set you back to day 1, and you would have to induce ketosis all over again. so in the big picture, i would say you chose the lesser of two evils!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrean View Post
is anyone having an issue with meg dry skin?? mine is usually dry (nice Alberta winters for ya!) but it has been esspecially dry since I started this diet and I am getting what looks like exzema on one of my hands. Any suggestions on how to deal with this? I am going through lotion at a very rapid rate!
adrean- coconut oil or olive oil. i prefer coconut oil to anything else. pm me if you want more info about brand, where to buy and easy ways to use it. dermatologist likes me to use Vanicream available at costco in the pharmacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Sure- send me your email thru a personal message,where I can you send you some pics, and I will reply with my email .. Then send me a pic of your face and I'll give you more ideas.. glad to help!

I gave DAMGI (from the IP boards) a new cut and foil highlights, and she loves it! She's been back again and again! .. and she looks great!! from size 14 to size 6 and slim!!!
coastal- will do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4meandbrandon View Post
Got a quick question.....I try to stay away from restricted but is it better to have them in the morning vs. Late at night???????.......mmmmmmm. I ask because when we can add crabs its in the morning from my understanding. I'm trying to treat myself with restricted instead of a cheat.
4meandbrandon- i'm not sure i understand your question, but i'll give it a shot. logic would lead me to say the higher carb products would have more time to be used over the course of the day if you have them early vs. late at night. Total carbs should only be 20-25 per day including all the veggies and IP foods. I wouldn't ADD any bar to the scheduled foods, but perhaps position it as your snack and place it where you need it most during your day and even have a nibble here or there or half in the am and half in the pm. does that help?

Last edited by rondar; 02-25-2011 at 08:48 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:49 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 265/244/185

Height: Started IP 12/8/14

Thanks all...it seems like every week I'm tweaking IP to maximize the benefits. I have had to switch my main meal to lunch which is working out better. I hate going to bed feeling stuffed after having my third packet.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:51 PM   #93  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post
hi all!

has anyone else been feeling urges to somehow mark the weightloss milestone in their life when you hit goal?

like a new tatoo, drasticly different hair cut, job change, completing a "bucket list" item or something significant like that?

i'm not all the way there yet, but find i'm having an internal yearning to do "something".

comments please... and if yes, please what the action is why the action is significant to you.

have a great day everyone! and welcome back carla!
I think that this is a totally normal feeling - I mean, you are going through a MAJOR life change. Maybe it's a drastic hair change - a lot of people with long hair are unwilling to cut it because it's their veil, something to hide behind. Or they've always thought that when they were heavier, they couldn't pull off a cute short haircut, so now they're cutting it all off. For some people, their entire life is changed by weight loss and through the process, they have realized that in more than just their physical appearance, they're "settled" for less than they deserve. Losing the weight frees them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
Carla glad you had a chance to pop in here.

Yesterday I had my WI. I was only down .6 pounds but that put me at exactly 61 pounds lost, but its also TOM.
My coach told me that I was the most drastic case as far as before/after success! WOW, I couldn't believe that! ME??? So she wanted me to do a testimony of IP and put it in the newsletter with pics.
Yay for you! Is it on to phase 3 now? You'll have to send us the link to the newsletter, or just scan it in here so we can see it! Or mail it to me and I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
hi rondar! i'm not sure yet, but i was thinking about cutting all of my hair off. i have really long hair that goes to the small of my back. i've had it this way for the last 6 years. i was thinking that if losing weight is going to give me a different body, why not completely change my hair so that i look almost unrecognizable? i think it would be fun. i like to think about running into people that i haven't seen in a year (after the weight is lost and the hair is gone) and them not even knowing it was me. to me, that seems like the ultimate reward... if that makes sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post
long division- you could donate your hair to locks of love....how awesome would that be???
Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
oh, absolutely! that is something i have always wanted to do anyhow since my mom has had cancer twice already and my aunt died of cervical cancer. locks of love is a great cause!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Just so you know- 'locks of love' requires 12" of hair length or more( has to be tied before cutting) you can google Locks of Love and print out the form. ( I have done it) Now 'wigs for kids" will take 10" or more.. Each site has requirements. It takes about 8-12 donations of hair to make a wig..
The volunteers separate the hair by colors and length. It's quite a process. Both are wonderful causes!

If I may suggest, You'd look great with hair just below your shoulders with a dragged forward angle in front that would create layers down the sides, and you could even do a side bang to show off that pretty face! Or ir you decide to go braver, I have some cute pics I could send you..

May I suggest donating your hair to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths program, rather than Locks of Love? BL actually gives away the wigs to patients while LoL requires payment, either through a sponsorship by someone else, or from the actual patient. And longdivision, I think you'd be gorgeous with short hair! I think it's a great idea! (then again, I'm obvs a fan of short hair... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camio87 View Post
I have been feeling under the weather for a couple of weeks now. I know it is mostly just a cold, but the last couple of days I have felt really sick to my stomach. I am having to force myself to eat and it is just making me feel worse. I am taking the Floralax daily (with supper) as well as the multi, cal-mag and pot-cal. I also take an Omega 3 and Enzymes. Should I continue to force myself to eat? Will it stall my progress if I don`t?
At the very least, I'd try to get all your packets in, and if you can get some veggies in, that's a bonus. Forcing yourself to eat when you REALLY aren't feeling like it (and then them making you feel worse) isn't going to help you out at all. Maybe try to eat an egg or two a day also. Then your body is getting calories and protein and you're giving your system a little rest. I'd keep up with the floralax though, because without the veggies, you're more likely to be dealing with the big C. Feel better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
Great topic...I think about this lots and have decided jewelry is in my future- jewelry has marked significant occasions in my life (wedding, birth of my daughter) so why not mark this significant occasion with something just for me--every time I look at it I will be reminded of how far I have come.
This is a great idea - I love Tiffany jewelry and think that hitting my goal might be the time to pick out something new. After all, I got my first piece the week that I moved across the country with a friend to try life on my own - it's the teardrop necklace and is symbolic of the tears of joy and sadness that I cried throughout the whole process. It's still my favorite necklace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
I'm not interested in a piercing or tattoo, and my hair changes frequently anyway, so I'll be following Mrs. D's fabulous example and getting my boobs fixed. I don't want them smaller, just higher! I'd like to do a full body lift (thanks to those pesky twins!).
Start saving girl! So far my hospital bills are up to $37,000 for this experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Kate View Post
Day 19 and and starving. Someone please help out. I have posted before about not being in ketosis, and still am not. I even email the Ideal Protein website, but got no response. Does the hunger ever pass? I had my bloodwork done, and all is perfect, but am dog tired and frustrated. I already had an extra packet today, but it just ain't cutting it. I have been chewing sugar free gum, til my gums hurt. I don't expect any great loss on Monday for my weigh in - so if I'm not in ketosis, can having aspertane hurt? Please forward any pointers if you can be of help - frustrated and in a snow storm in Atlantic Canada....
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
Aspartame can sometimes fool the body into gearing up for sugar (meaning insulin is produced, pancreas is pumping etc) so you may want to avoid aspartame if possible. Also one thing that helped me with hunger and I feel a coming on...but getting a bit more fat. I know for me the allotted 2 tsps of fat/olive oil was not enough...and even consuming another packet didn't help as it just gave me more carbs when what I needed was fat. You may want to try eating an egg (I eat mine hard boiled) and I mean the WHOLE EGG. For me doing this with a bit more olive oil helped immensely. (and actually helped me lose more weight)

Are you taking the IP supplements? what type of salad are you eating? how about your veggies? Which packets are you consuming and when? How tall are you? If you could let us know what you have done so far today maybe we can help by going over your diet line by line.

Hang in there ... and let us know exactly what you are doing

I don't have any advice to you, especially since you haven't posted what your daily intake of food looks like (that would really be helpful - specific veggies you're eating, packets, what you put in your coffee, etc). What does your coach say? I have to say, my hat is off to you - I would never make it 19 days feeling that way. How much have you lost already? Have you gotten any ketostix to see if you are showing ANY ketones in your urine? For some people, the body responds to aspartame in a similar manner as it does to sugar - that's why it isn't advised. I agree with Cheeky - a little extra fat might help you just feel better. Even a restricted packet might help.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:52 PM   #94  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Thanks for your imput Rondar....

I guess it's not all that bad, but I don't want to be set back at all! lol.

Time to move pass it.

Tho this should be an interesting weekend as my MIL is in from Houston.
They are already talking about going out to breakfast in the morning and dinner tomorrow night (the kids get to choose the dinner restaurant) I just have a feeling it will be some pizza joint. AGH!
Old 02-25-2011, 08:57 PM   #95  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Thanks for your imput Rondar....

I guess it's not all that bad, but I don't want to be set back at all! lol.

Time to move pass it.

Tho this should be an interesting weekend as my MIL is in from Houston.
They are already talking about going out to breakfast in the morning and dinner tomorrow night (the kids get to choose the dinner restaurant) I just have a feeling it will be some pizza joint. AGH!
Well, if you want to eat breakfast at the restaurant, you could treat breakfast as your "real" meal of the day, get eggs, or a ham & veggie omelet. Then just get a salad at the pizza place. You could even bring extra veggies with you for your salad so that you knew you were getting your 2 cups in.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:04 PM   #96  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
Well, if you want to eat breakfast at the restaurant, you could treat breakfast as your "real" meal of the day, get eggs, or a ham & veggie omelet. Then just get a salad at the pizza place. You could even bring extra veggies with you for your salad so that you knew you were getting your 2 cups in.
Well thanks Mrs. D....

I feel a like misguided by restaurants after today.. lol. An don't they usually add milk or something to their eggs for scrambling or omletes. I could get poached eggs I guess, that would work.

Here's another issue, I LOVE my RTD's... lol

I'm definately planning on just a salad at dinner, especially if it's a pizza joint. I'm gonna have hubby try and find out where they are thinking about going before I have lunch so I have a plan and I can look at a online menu.

Yea know I hate to say it.. I just don't like interruptions in my life on this plan, plus my MIL is one of those "Oh heck, two bites won't hurt ya" Couldn't you just &itch slap someone when they say crap like that?

Sorry, I'm venting.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:06 PM   #97  

**running for my shaker and pudding for dinner**

Old 02-25-2011, 09:10 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Well thanks Mrs. D....

I feel a like misguided by restaurants after today.. lol. An don't they usually add milk or something to their eggs for scrambling or omletes. I could get poached eggs I guess, that would work.

I'm definately planning on just a salad at dinner, especially if it's a pizza joint. I'm gonna have hubby try and find out where they are thinking about going before I have lunch so I have a plan and I can look at a online menu.

Yea know I hate to say it.. I just don't like interruptions in my life on this plan, plus my MIL is one of those "Oh heck, two bites won't hurt ya" Couldn't you just &itch slap someone when they say crap like that?

Sorry, I'm venting.
Sherry your posts always make me smile. It will be OKAY the extra oil you had a lunch. It will make your skin not as dry and it is a good for you oil.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:15 PM   #99  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmsgrrl View Post
Sherry your posts always make me smile. It will be OKAY the extra oil you had a lunch. It will make your skin not as dry and it is a good for you oil.
Awwww, I'm glad I can make ya CMS! That makes me happy.

Glad to hear there's a silver lining to a boo boo that I made today,
god knows I need help in the dry skin department.

I have always had really dry skin (thanks Colorado) and I know of Rondar's
trick with the coconut oil and an used deoderant casing. I can't wait to try it!
I even have coconut oil that I bought about 2 weeks ago. I really need to put it in the shower with me.

Does it really work in your hair too? I thought about putting it just on my lenght, but then I kind of freaked out... lol (yea, imagine that... lol)
Old 02-25-2011, 09:15 PM   #100  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggiemagu View Post
Hello my IP friends and happy Friday!!!

Rondar....I want to pierce my belly button, I will be 45 this year and married 25 years but I don't care I'm going to wear a bikini (which I have never in my life worn) and show off my belly button ring

Another idea is both my husband and son (my other son will to when he is 18)have matching tattoos with the kanji sign for strength, I may do that as well to remind me of the strength it took to get the weight off and a reminder of the strength I will need to keep the weight off.

NSV...I have a pair of Jeans 10's that I was finally able to take the tags off of and wear today (they were actually loose), bought them in November and grew right out of them, now I shrunk back into them!!! YIPPIE!!!
maggiemagu- i would have to be able to find my belly button first to pull of the belly button ring.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Kate View Post
Day 19 and and starving. Someone please help out. I have posted before about not being in ketosis, and still am not. I even email the Ideal Protein website, but got no response. Does the hunger ever pass? I had my bloodwork done, and all is perfect, but am dog tired and frustrated. I already had an extra packet today, but it just ain't cutting it. I have been chewing sugar free gum, til my gums hurt. I don't expect any great loss on Monday for my weigh in - so if I'm not in ketosis, can having aspertane hurt? Please forward any pointers if you can be of help - frustrated and in a snow storm in Atlantic Canada....
sister kate- i'll prob catch H*!! for this but i recommend reading some atkins material about forcing ketosis. i'm going to white out the next few lines so others don't have to see anything off protocol....* you could probably google "forcing ketosis" or "ketosis resistance". it i were in your shoes, i would carefully calculate ALL of my carbs and make sure i was under 20. exercise to help burn the glycogen stores in the body. drink lots of water. you've probably done all that, right? if so, i would knock out the carbs completely for 1-3 days and use only animal proteins and fat. that....my friend.... will surely do the job. i speak from experience on that one.... i never even heard of ideal protein packets the first time i used a ketogenic diet... also nectar by syntrax has zero carbs for a whey protein isolate. i get it from netrition. you can pm me anytime for more details. *
Old 02-25-2011, 09:21 PM   #101  

ok honestly... I have to admit....

I LOVE white ... (lol) I feel like I'm sneaking in for a peak of something bad... LOL. Then again, I LOVE secrets, ohhh and the secrets I will take with my to my grave...

Last edited by Coloradodivegirl; 02-25-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:26 PM   #102  

Hmmmmm....

I wonder where Amber's been. I wonder if she's mad at me for her. I haven't seen her since....

Sorry Amber, come back and tell us how your doing!

Last edited by Coloradodivegirl; 02-25-2011 at 09:26 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:33 PM   #103  

Quote:
Well thanks Mrs. D....

Sorry, I'm venting.
sherry- hmmmm......i always wanted to &itch slap my ex MIL anyways... PM me if you want some coconut oil education!!

erino- my fam pulled the bad word, round, flat flying saucer food thing delivery on me my first week. OMG i actually yelled at them went in my bedroom and slammed the door! pretty juvenile, right?! but after i collected myself i joked with my 16 year old that maybe i could lick the cardboard (DH rushed the box outside to the trash) That's when it got easier for me. i accepted that the tv wasn't going to quit running food commercials, people around me were not going to stop eating, restaurants and stores would still stand, and now i'm ok with that. it was my choice to over eat and gain weight. Now I choose to honor my body by losing it and no one around me has to pay a price for it. i'm so much happier and balanced having made the conscious decision to let it go! have a great trip!
Old 02-25-2011, 09:35 PM   #104  

LOL Rondar.....

**running to PM Rondar & Jace**

*pet pet pet*
Old 02-25-2011, 09:45 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 288/268.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
At the very least, I'd try to get all your packets in, and if you can get some veggies in, that's a bonus. Forcing yourself to eat when you REALLY aren't feeling like it (and then them making you feel worse) isn't going to help you out at all. Maybe try to eat an egg or two a day also. Then your body is getting calories and protein and you're giving your system a little rest. I'd keep up with the floralax though, because without the veggies, you're more likely to be dealing with the big C. Feel better!
Thanks Mrs D. I had pudding for breakfast, spinach for lunch and am trying to get in a little bit of pork and spinach for supper and will try to get my desert packet in. I didn`t get my packet in at lunch today - I am keeping up with the floralax and am going to e-mail my coach. I just am not enjoying the intense abdominal pain I am getting and the total lack of desire to eat is making it terribly hard to get anything in, however I do not want my body to go into starvation mode. So, I am getting what I can and will hope it doesn`t affect my loss too much.
Closed Thread