Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 02:18 PM   #46  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post
hi all!

has anyone else been feeling urges to somehow mark the weightloss milestone in their life when you hit goal?

like a new tatoo, drasticly different hair cut, job change, completing a "bucket list" item or something significant like that?

i'm not all the way there yet, but find i'm having an internal yearning to do "something".

comments please... and if yes, please what the action is why the action is significant to you.

have a great day everyone! and welcome back carla!
Great topic...I think about this lots and have decided jewelry is in my future- jewelry has marked significant occasions in my life (wedding, birth of my daughter) so why not mark this significant occasion with something just for me--every time I look at it I will be reminded of how far I have come. (I am also considering buying a piece of art that i have had my eye on for some time...that is also something I collect- and my life's story is told by the pieces of art hanging in my home)

For those who want tattoos, nose piercings, hair cuts, new jeans, a horseback ride to a zip line...I say GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-25-2011, 02:29 PM   #47  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
hi all!

has anyone else been feeling urges to somehow mark the weightloss milestone in their life when you hit goal?

like a new tatoo, drasticly different hair cut, job change, completing a "bucket list" item or something significant like that?

i'm not all the way there yet, but find i'm having an internal yearning to do "something".

comments please... and if yes, please what the action is why the action is significant to you.

have a great day everyone! and welcome back carla!
YES! I'm going to bump up a thread about goals (if I can find it) so you'll see lots of us are thinking the same way. I loved reading about everyone's goal rewards. Mine is a trip, but I'll probably do something extra just for me...I'm not interested in a piercing or tattoo, and my hair changes frequently anyway, so I'll be following Mrs. D's fabulous example and getting my boobs fixed. I don't want them smaller, just higher! I'd like to do a full body lift (thanks to those pesky twins!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
Carla glad you had a chance to pop in here.

Yesterday I had my WI. I was only down .6 pounds but that put me at exactly 61 pounds lost, but its also TOM.
My coach told me that I was the most drastic case as far as before/after success! WOW, I couldn't believe that! ME??? So she wanted me to do a testimony of IP and put it in the newsletter with pics.
Have a great weekend all! As my son said, "There's frosting on the roof, but no snow"
That's awesome, Amy! So happy for you.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:44 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default Great Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
Great topic...I think about this lots and have decided jewelry is in my future- jewelry has marked significant occasions in my life (wedding, birth of my daughter) so why not mark this significant occasion with something just for me--every time I look at it I will be reminded of how far I have come. (I am also considering buying a piece of art that i have had my eye on for some time...that is also something I collect- and my life's story is told by the pieces of art hanging in my home)

For those who want tattoos, nose piercings, hair cuts, new jeans, a horseback ride to a zip line...I say GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really like the jewelry idea! I wear cuff bracelets daily and I think maybe I'll find a class and make myself a silver one! That way I'll get the class and the bracelet. How fun. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:47 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
Yes!! I'm getting my nose re-pierced. I had it pierced forever and took it out for a sales job. The stud I wear is so tiny that it's barely noticeable but I love it. Who cares if I'll be a 30 year old mom with a nose ring. It'll be a huge reminder daily of how hard I worked to lose over 70 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
hi rondar! i'm not sure yet, but i was thinking about cutting all of my hair off. i have really long hair that goes to the small of my back. i've had it this way for the last 6 years. i was thinking that if losing weight is going to give me a different body, why not completely change my hair so that i look almost unrecognizable? i think it would be fun. i like to think about running into people that i haven't seen in a year (after the weight is lost and the hair is gone) and them not even knowing it was me. to me, that seems like the ultimate reward... if that makes sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd447 View Post
I have been thinking about this alot! When we got the referral for our first child (adopted from China), I got a tatoo. Have been thinking about doing something dramatic with my hair - new color and style but not sure at what weight. Also thinking about going back to contacts. Wore them for 20 years but haven't had them for the last 10.
I did tell my husband that I want a warm island vacation when I have lost all the weight I want to lose. Have always wanted to go to Figi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by willbethin2011 View Post
My 19 year old daughter and I have a bucket list that we have been writing since I started on the program. Some of the things that she would like us to do together are ride horses again, go white water rafting, ride every roller coaster at the amusement park, go scuba diving, and go zip lining. At the top of my list is getting my knee replaced after living with the pain of arthritis for way to many years. I hope to be at goal by August and will have the surgery in September.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollmark View Post
Hi all,
I've rewarded myself with a cut and color. I would like to get my nose pieced, too. I am a 36 year old mom and I know mom's a lot older with nose piercings!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
YES! I'm going to bump up a thread about goals (if I can find it) so you'll see lots of us are thinking the same way. I loved reading about everyone's goal rewards. Mine is a trip, but I'll probably do something extra just for me...I'm not interested in a piercing or tattoo, and my hair changes frequently anyway, so I'll be following Mrs. D's fabulous example and getting my boobs fixed. I don't want them smaller, just higher! I'd like to do a full body lift (thanks to those pesky twins!).

all such good ideas! i will be 44 at goal if all progresses well. I did a tatoo with my boys names after the death of BFF's child who was same age as my youngest, it helped me grieve and mend somehow i can't explain. thought i already went through my midlife crisis with a divorce in my 30's, but now all these sentiments are stirring inside me and i feel i need to honor them somehow. i thought i was just having one of those hormone surges we all get..... but it is so emotional and soul changing isn't it! i would love to see the bumped thread, so alert me somehow please! thanks for the comments so far!

Last edited by rondar; 02-25-2011 at 02:49 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:48 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

long division- you could donate your hair to locks of love....how awesome would that be???
Old 02-25-2011, 02:50 PM   #51  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

The thread has been bumped. It's awesome to know so many people think alike. One of my rewards is a new Vera Bradley hipster...I've been so self-conscious of anything "wrapping around" my big body, I can't wait for it not to look silly on me!
Old 02-25-2011, 03:13 PM   #52  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
long division- you could donate your hair to locks of love....how awesome would that be???
oh, absolutely! that is something i have always wanted to do anyhow since my mom has had cancer twice already and my aunt died of cervical cancer. locks of love is a great cause!
Old 02-25-2011, 03:31 PM   #53  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Just had WI#14 today and I am happy to say that I am down -3.8 lbs for a total weight loss of -78.2 lbs since starting IP. I have also lost 5.5 inches this week for a total loss of 54 inches since starting IP. I hope everyone has a AWESOME weekend and good luck to everyone on their weight loss journey.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:33 PM   #54  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Just had WI#14 today and I am happy to say that I am down -3.8 lbs for a total weight loss of -78.2 lbs since starting IP. I have also lost 5.5 inches this week for a total loss of 54 inches since starting IP. I hope everyone has a AWESOME weekend and good luck to everyone on their weight loss journey.
Way to go! You are doing great and are so close to your goal. Hats off to you and your success.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:34 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 139.1/132.4/119

Height: 5'2"

Day 19 and and starving. Someone please help out. I have posted before about not being in ketosis, and still am not. I even email the Ideal Protein website, but got no response. Does the hunger ever pass? I had my bloodwork done, and all is perfect, but am dog tired and frustrated. I already had an extra packet today, but it just ain't cutting it. I have been chewing sugar free gum, til my gums hurt. I don't expect any great loss on Monday for my weigh in - so if I'm not in ketosis, can having aspertane hurt? Please forward any pointers if you can be of help - frustrated and in a snow storm in Atlantic Canada....
Old 02-25-2011, 03:40 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 185/155/155

Height: 5.6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Great Job my friend....that is incredible weight and inch loss.
wow! you look fantastic !!
Old 02-25-2011, 03:44 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 185/155/155

Height: 5.6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Kate View Post
Day 19 and and starving. Someone please help out. I have posted before about not being in ketosis, and still am not. I even email the Ideal Protein website, but got no response. Does the hunger ever pass? I had my bloodwork done, and all is perfect, but am dog tired and frustrated. I already had an extra packet today, but it just ain't cutting it. I have been chewing sugar free gum, til my gums hurt. I don't expect any great loss on Monday for my weigh in - so if I'm not in ketosis, can having aspertane hurt? Please forward any pointers if you can be of help - frustrated and in a snow storm in Atlantic Canada....
oh geez, that must be so frustrating. how do you know your not in ketosis? i am too much of a newbie to be much help i am afraid, but i do know that my coach said NO gum as it tells your stomach food is coming. i was a big gum chewer! now its listerine breath strips...are you drinking your water? sounds like your doing everything else right. Please dont give up, and hopefully some of the more 'seasoned' folk can help you out
Old 02-25-2011, 03:48 PM   #58  
IP Success Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Way to go! You are doing great and are so close to your goal. Hats off to you and your success.
Thanks Juice, I have read that you are going to alternative program but I hope you are going to stay here and post your successes I would hate to lose one of the token males here on the site. I know you will be successful with your weight loss journey just stay and keep us informed.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:49 PM   #59  
IP Success Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2rideagain View Post
Great Job my friend....that is incredible weight and inch loss.
wow! you look fantastic !!
Thanks Girl, you are looking pretty fantastic yourself keep up what you are doing.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:51 PM   #60  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Kate View Post
Aspartame can sometimes fool the body into gearing up for sugar (meaning insulin is produced, pancreas is pumping etc) so you may want to avoid aspartame if possible. Also one thing that helped me with hunger and I feel a coming on...but getting a bit more fat. I know for me the allotted 2 tsps of fat/olive oil was not enough...and even consuming another packet didn't help as it just gave me more carbs when what I needed was fat. You may want to try eating an egg (I eat mine hard boiled) and I mean the WHOLE EGG. For me doing this with a bit more olive oil helped immensely. (and actually helped me lose more weight)

Are you taking the IP supplements? what type of salad are you eating? how about your veggies? Which packets are you consuming and when? How tall are you? If you could let us know what you have done so far today maybe we can help by going over your diet line by line.

Hang in there ... and let us know exactly what you are doing

Last edited by CheekyWit; 02-25-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Closed Thread