Old 02-25-2011, 05:29 PM   #1  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

Default Disney World - Any Recommendations

I know there is a specific thread for traveling on IP, but I wanted to see if there is anyone that had specific recommendations for Disney World. I am currently still on Phase 1 but have been told that I can follow Phase 2 during my vacation. We do have the meal plan included with our package.
Alaskaipjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 294/294/150

Height: 5'3"

I don't have any ideas as I just started IP a week ago but I am anxious as we will be spending 3 weeks in Disneyworld this summer with the dining plan.
kamikazecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:22 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

I too will be keeping an eye on this thread. My plan is to have my approved oatmeal ( or soup) for breakfast in the hotel room before I go out for the day. Some bars in my bag for a snack during the day. I won't be on a meal plan so I will probably actually save $ by being on this plan.

Remember that even though you are buying a meal plan you can still say no to somethings. ( I tend to get out of control at buffets - almost frenzied, so I need to practice what I preach).
in4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:14 PM   #4  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

Someone mentioned to me that they lived on the turkey legs, they are inexpensive and really good. I have also been checking out the menus and it looks like there are a lot of options. My only worry is trying to get in 2 cups of veggies during lunch time. Dinner I think will be fine.
Alaskaipjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:40 AM   #5  
Started IP Feb 4,2011

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaipjourney View Post
Someone mentioned to me that they lived on the turkey legs, they are inexpensive and really good. I have also been checking out the menus and it looks like there are a lot of options. My only worry is trying to get in 2 cups of veggies during lunch time. Dinner I think will be fine.
LOL, when I saw this thread, turkey legs are the first think I thought of! You might also look for places selling pre-made salads with grilled chicken on top. I have had some very satisfying salads in theme parks. Top with italian dressing to get your oil for the day.
HokieHi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:47 AM   #6  
Started IP Feb 4,2011

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaipjourney View Post
I know there is a specific thread for traveling on IP, but I wanted to see if there is anyone that had specific recommendations for Disney World. I am currently still on Phase 1 but have been told that I can follow Phase 2 during my vacation. We do have the meal plan included with our package.
I've been planning a trip to Orlando for my son's HS band and found this great website that lists menus for many of the theme parks. Here ya go...
http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/menus.html#mk

Last edited by HokieHi; 02-28-2011 at 09:47 AM.
HokieHi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:57 AM   #7  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Hi! Boy, do I ever. I actually write for The Affordable Mouse (my series is called Minnie Minus Mickey: Doing Disney as a Single Parent), and right now I am in the planning stages of a Disney vaca in September. I plan on being in Phase 4 by then (hopefully, lol), but I've found that my attitude towards food has changed a great deal. When I am in Disney, I also will be writing from the POV of a dieter at Disney.

We have the meal plan, as well (which do you have? Quick Service, Standard, or Deluxe?), and we have the Deluxe because we love character breakfasts and signature restaurants. When you make your reservations, there is a box for special dietary considerations. You simply type in low-carb, low-fat, and your server will be able to help you. Allears.net also has a menu list FOR EVERY restaurant and most quick service locations on property. Lately, Disney has become more health-conscious and is offering healthier, as well as more economical choices. Anywhere you go, you'll be able to find grilled chicken, fish, lean beef, etc. I HIGHLY recommend the smoked chicken platter. You can get it with veggies. All meals pretty much come with a dessert, but you could use this option to get something packaged like Mickey ears Rice Krispy Treats and take these home as souveniers for children young and old in your life.

Gosh, I could go on and on about this...former cast member here, lol. If you want to PM me, I can give you my number or e-mail address to recommend some places for ADRs (Advance Dining Reservations) depending on what theme park you'll be touring and your preferences. Yay for Disney World!
Joliebug82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:49 AM   #8  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

That is so funny that I looked on here and saw this thread this morning. I posted a few days ago on the main thread that I had just earned an all expense paid vacation to Disney world in June. I will be phased off by then (hopefully) but still wanting to be cautious of what I eat.
mepeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:06 AM   #9  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
That is so funny that I looked on here and saw this thread this morning. I posted a few days ago on the main thread that I had just earned an all expense paid vacation to Disney world in June. I will be phased off by then (hopefully) but still wanting to be cautious of what I eat.
Saw your post the other day and am SO JEALOUS!!! I hope you have a wonderful trip!
Joliebug82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:24 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 265/246.5/200

Height: 5'7"

Default Disney World travel

Have a magical time! I would suggest preplanning on the dining out aspect. There are the single Walden Farm packets to take with you and you could always do the dill pickle for a snack. I always suggest the dining plan for the DW vacation. Also, take snack baggies to save the uneaten foods or veggies for a later treat (o, and to put your cel phones in on the wet rides). Have fun and make MAGICAL MEMORIES!
sheila605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:59 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

We too are going to Disney in just over 2 months and while I plan to not be silly about it, I do also plan to go off plan at least a bit while we're there. I just can't imagine eating at a place like O'hana's and not enjoying every bit of it. I will be smart about it though and not go crazy, I'm very happy with my results already and will NOT sabotage my goal completely on the trip We're not on the dining plan so it should be a bit easier for me to plan my days, food wise, accordingly. Hope everyone has a blast!
ontariophotogal is offline   Reply With Quote