IP Weekend Chat - 25-27 February 2011

You're on Page 8 of 21
Go to
  • Quote: Day 19 and and starving. Someone please help out. I have posted before about not being in ketosis, and still am not. I even email the Ideal Protein website, but got no response. Does the hunger ever pass? I had my bloodwork done, and all is perfect, but am dog tired and frustrated. I already had an extra packet today, but it just ain't cutting it. I have been chewing sugar free gum, til my gums hurt. I don't expect any great loss on Monday for my weigh in - so if I'm not in ketosis, can having aspertane hurt? Please forward any pointers if you can be of help - frustrated and in a snow storm in Atlantic Canada....
    When I was experiencing hunger my coach said I could do an extra IP packet, or a little more protein or more veggies. I've been better with a little extra protein in my dinner -extra chicken, beef or fish. And I really try to make sure I love my protein. I got sick of chicken and have been eating more beef and fish a couple of times a week. My evening cravings don't seem as bad. I can't do the restricted items - gets me wanting more carbs. About aspartame - my coach said IP believes it may cause cravings. I thought it would kill me to give up my diet pop but I stopped. I use Truvia instead. When I need a drink I add lemon juice and Truvia to water for a pretty tasty lemonade.
  • RONDAR.... LOL, I'm still working on my tummy, It's my worst feature that's why the reward for actually getting it to look good, I can't wait to get there it's what keeps me motivated.

I so agree with you about the food others eat around me, I even stated it once to someone that was upset about others eating around her. It's not always easy but it sure helps make us stronger and more conscious of why were in the position we are.
  • Quote: Thanks Mrs D. I had pudding for breakfast, spinach for lunch and am trying to get in a little bit of pork and spinach for supper and will try to get my desert packet in. I didn`t get my packet in at lunch today - I am keeping up with the floralax and am going to e-mail my coach. I just am not enjoying the intense abdominal pain I am getting and the total lack of desire to eat is making it terribly hard to get anything in, however I do not want my body to go into starvation mode. So, I am getting what I can and will hope it doesn`t affect my loss too much.
    Get feeling better soon Camio!!!!
  • Speaking of Tummys.....

Do you think I will lose my pooch by the time I hit my goal? You know the pooch I'm talking about, it sits right below my waist line...

I have never had kids, just doggies.... lol.
  • Quote: Thanks Mrs D. I had pudding for breakfast, spinach for lunch and am trying to get in a little bit of pork and spinach for supper and will try to get my desert packet in. I didn`t get my packet in at lunch today - I am keeping up with the floralax and am going to e-mail my coach. I just am not enjoying the intense abdominal pain I am getting and the total lack of desire to eat is making it terribly hard to get anything in, however I do not want my body to go into starvation mode. So, I am getting what I can and will hope it doesn`t affect my loss too much.
    I think the most important thing your body needs is the protein to protect your muscles - if the only thing you want is chocolate shakes for all three packets, go with it! Are you sure there is nothing else going on that could be causing the abdominal pain?
  • Quote: Speaking of Tummys.....

Do you think I will lose my pooch by the time I hit my goal? You know the pooch I'm talking about, it sits right below my waist line...

If nothing else, it should shrink! Never having seen pictures of you, where else do you store your fat? Boobs, butt, thighs?
  • Camio - how long have you felt sick?

Do you have fever or chills? Are you tinkling ok? Are you having cramping?
  • Quote: If nothing else, it should shrink! Never having seen pictures of you, where else do you store your fat? Boobs, butt, thighs?
    Mostly my stomach area. My chest is pretty small (as a matter of a fact I asked my coach if he could save my boobs...) lol and I have never had a butt. Maybe my thighs, but not much there either.

Here's to it shrinking!!!
  • Hey y'all... I'm a new kid on the block =) Been reading through the boards for a few weeks now and there were so many interesting things to read that I never got around to actually making a profile id. So here I am...

Unlike most of you, I DON'T have a coach...and am doing this all on my own.... So I'm finding it hard to keep myself in check and motivated...but this forum will surely help. I'm on mat leave...so this is the perfect time for me to do this as I have full control over my meals....no unexpected group lunches at work, etc.... Except...I have a girls night planned for Saturday and I'm tripping....trying to stay motivated to not drink alcohol and stick to a salad, dressing on the side. I'm sure it won't be easy. Do you think Smirnoff Ice Lite would be ok?? Zero carbs....

Say.....I've been looking for hours today to find something on the forum...maybe I haven't figured out how to search well yet...but I have a box of these Banana Pineapple shakes that are just making me gag... They taste so "artificial" and "chemical". I was wondering if there is anything to do with them...like recipes or mods so that I can at least use them up.

Any help with this would be appreciated!!
  • Quote: Well yesterday was the 4 week mark and i am down 12.5lbs and 12 inches.
    i am soooo excited now for summer for 2 reasons, 1. i hope not to feel as self consious in shorts! and its freezing here again! need some heat badly..
    have a great weekend everyone.
    Quote: Morning Ladies and Gents.... gosh I feel like this is rude of me to brag about my weigh in - but I guess that is PART of the reason we are all doing this right - so... drum roll please.... week 1 - down 6.4 lbs and 4 inches
    Quote: Carla glad you had a chance to pop in here.

Yesterday I had my WI. I was only down .6 pounds but that put me at exactly 61 pounds lost, but its also TOM.
    My coach told me that I was the most drastic case as far as before/after success! WOW, I couldn't believe that! ME??? So she wanted me to do a testimony of IP and put it in the newsletter with pics.
    Have a great weekend all! As my son said, "There's frosting on the roof, but no snow"
    Quote: Hello everyone!

I hope everyone is ready for the weekend. I know I am. I went to my WI and I am down -5 lb this week. Which is a total 42 lbs in 8 weeks. I have never in my life been on a diet that I have lost this much weight already. I am on cloud nine right now. It is totally unbelievable.

So as promised for the newbies out there I started the Novi Cleanse today sold by IP. It is for 23 days and it cost me $67.00. I have a sheet of instructions that I will scan to email and then post to you guys on Monday. So here's to my 23 day cleanse journey. I am told parts will be ugly while the toxic waste is being eliminated from my body but I am up for the challenge. My coach recommends the cleanse after AT LEAST 4 weeks of being on IP stage 1. Just a FYI for everyone. So this one is for you newbies, I am taking one for the team and will let you know how I am doing.
    Quote: WI #2 and down another 4.6 lbs for a total of 9 in 2 weeks. I'll take it. Also down another 7.5 inches (but I think my coach was willing the tape measure tighter in a couple spots). LOL
    Quote: Just got back from WI # 7 with a loss of 1.5 lbs and 5.5 inches!! I was hoping for a little more, but I'll take whatever loss I get!!
    Half-way there!
    Congrats to all of you on your successful loss of weight. Keep up the great job you are doing.
  • Quote: Speaking of Tummys.....

Sherry, you crack me up

Had what I consider a great NSV tonight....went to one of those house parties where your friends are selling something, you know like Fantasia or candles and stuff....this one was for home organizing and decor. I knew there was going to be food and drinks so I planned ahead, made my shrimp stirfy (which was delicious btw), brought a bottle of water and a nesta packet and off I went. As expected, there was a whole layout of food and while I allowed myself to glance at it, I kept walking, ate what I had with me and didn't even think about the other stuff just sitting there waiting. Feels good to know that in just 8 days, I've already learned a lot

My official weigh in is tomorrow now since this morning's was re-scheduled due to weather. Praying that scale is good to me!

Have a great night everyone!
  • Hi Gotmilk!

You have found your way to a great forum. These guys & dolls will keep you motivated and focus! I have all of them to thank for me starting the program.

Check the http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...n-packets.html thread... it should give you some great ideas.

My personal fav is the banana pudding with a few drops or walnut or almond extract.. yum!

I wouldnt recommend the smirnoff, alcohol is a big no no. Try water with lemon or water with any number of extracts. Does anyone have the recipe for a faux mohito on hand???
  • Quote: Sherry, you crack me up

Had what I consider a great NSV tonight....went to one of those house parties where your friends are selling something, you know like Fantasia or candles and stuff....this one was for home organizing and decor. I knew there was going to be food and drinks so I planned ahead, made my shrimp stirfy (which was delicious btw), brought a bottle of water and a nesta packet and off I went. As expected, there was a whole layout of food and while I allowed myself to glance at it, I kept walking, ate what I had with me and didn't even think about the other stuff just sitting there waiting. Feels good to know that in just 8 days, I've already learned a lot

My official weigh in is tomorrow now since this morning's was re-scheduled due to weather. Praying that scale is good to me!

Have a great night everyone!

on staying on OP!!!!! Yea for you! and here, I'll do a little cheer for ya!

You go show Mr. Scale who's boss!!!!
  • I have been feeling the abdominal/stomach pain for a few days now - I saw my coach on Wednesday and she said nothing about it. The worst part I find is the fact that thinking of food makes me feel sick. I cannot think of anything else that would be causing my pain - it is not TOM, it is not gallbladder or appendix - I just wish it would all stop - it is making me want to quit the diet and I don`t want to do that. I am just feeling at a loss for what else to do. I am waiting to find out if I should be doing the cleanse or not - I am trying to focus on the protein while I am not feeling well, but honestly the thought of eating at all makes my stomach toss and I feel like I need to grab a garbage can.
  • Hello everyone thanks so much for the congrats on the weigh loss so far. I am enjoying it.

Juiceman and Couts71 thanks so much for always giving me a "high five" I really appreciate it. You guys are doing great as well!

Carla - So good to finally hear from you. I will take a once a week check in from you then nothing at all. So glad you are still around.

I hope everyone has a wonderful night.