Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 10:52 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 265/244/185

Height: Started IP 12/8/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastergirl411 View Post
I am not a big vegetable eater but would like to be. I need help though, please.

I haven't really had Cauliflower cooked, grilled just raw. I did not care for broccoli at all. I have never really had asparagus that wasn't covered in sauce. I don't like mushrooms.

Mostly just stick with cucumbers, pickles, onions, cabbage, celery, green beans, corn and carrots.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TIA
Make sure you avoid the carrots and corn. I believe green beans are ocassional foods. I wasn't a veggie eater but I looked at the recipe thread and grilled cauliflower and now like it. I stick more with spinach and the turnip fries. But just try different and also my taste buds did change.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:56 PM   #242  
Started IP 2/24/11

S/C/G: 189/185/150

Height: 5'4

Isn't that a great feeling to have clothes fall off of you!! I can't wait to get back into all of my 12s and 10s hanging in the closet. These 16s and 14s need to go!!! WTG PAU!
Outback was a wonderful very lean filet.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:56 PM   #243  

Love your avatar. I have the issue of now I can fit things in my closet but now need to rid myself the bigger sizes. Keep up the good work!
Old 02-27-2011, 12:01 AM   #244  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

I went to the movie tonight with a container full of red, yellow and orange pepper strips and an english cucumber. munched away and was quite content while DH scarfed down a jumbo tub of you know what... but i felt great anyway! now i'm ready for a IP friendly salted caramel hot cocoa for my snack. a nice finish to a great day!

tomorrow i'm making cauliflower fried rice with chicken. mmmmm that was my standby the first weeks. it's gonna be so good and one head makes about 3 servings. so lunch on monday is covered as well!

stay warm everyone-
Old 02-27-2011, 02:26 AM   #245  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmilk View Post
Hey y'all... I'm a new kid on the block =) Been reading through the boards for a few weeks now and there were so many interesting things to read that I never got around to actually making a profile id. So here I am...

Unlike most of you, I DON'T have a coach...and am doing this all on my own.... So I'm finding it hard to keep myself in check and motivated...but this forum will surely help. I'm on mat leave...so this is the perfect time for me to do this as I have full control over my meals....no unexpected group lunches at work, etc.... Except...I have a girls night planned for Saturday and I'm tripping....trying to stay motivated to not drink alcohol and stick to a salad, dressing on the side. I'm sure it won't be easy. Do you think Smirnoff Ice Lite would be ok?? Zero carbs....

Say.....I've been looking for hours today to find something on the forum...maybe I haven't figured out how to search well yet...but I have a box of these Banana Pineapple shakes that are just making me gag... They taste so "artificial" and "chemical". I was wondering if there is anything to do with them...like recipes or mods so that I can at least use them up.

Any help with this would be appreciated!!
Welcome to the forum you have come to a great place for support and information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljpmo55 View Post
Just finished my 1st week of IP and lost 8.6 lbs! I am amazed. My leader told me about this site and I am grateful for all your posts..love the tips!
Welcome to the forum you have come to a great place for support and information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa333 View Post
Good morning everybody!!

Last week was HORRIBLE!! I cheated a lot I felt horrible I had stomach pain it was awefull, I didn't drink enough water, missed some vitamines SO, really bad week. I'm back on track this week and ON protocol. I can do this!

have a good OP day!
You are darn right you can do this don't worry about last week look forward to a successful week to come you can do this. I believe in you.

Vous êtes sacrément droite, vous pouvez le faire ne vous inquiétez pas la semaine dernière s'attendre à une bonne semaine à venir, vous pouvez le faire. Je crois en toi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelCash View Post
Hello Everyone,
I am new to posting on the forum but I have been reading it for about 8 weeks now. Everyone here is so inspirational and helpful. Thank you so much and I look forward to being a more active member. Have a great night everyone.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:27 AM   #246  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBG View Post
NSV Alert! NSV Alert! My 'new' smaller pants I purchased before Christmas were getting somewhat saggy and baggy and so went shopping and tried on the next smaller size. Pretty pleased that the size 11 fit perfectly! Matched them with a cute little top and have a new outfit I can't wait to wear to work on Monday. Of course I am planning to enjoy the weekend first! Had a great steak, steamed asparagus and am enjoying a lovely glass of red wine. Yup, it is 'cheat' day today on phase IV...think I might get used to this
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljpmo55 View Post
Just finished my 1st week of IP and lost 8.6 lbs! I am amazed. My leader told me about this site and I am grateful for all your posts..love the tips!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Morning everyone
I just have a quick second to check in before I'm off for the day but wanted to share with you all. Had my first official weigh in this morning and although she didn't measure me this week I am down.....

14.5 lbs

I couldn't be happier! Thank you all so much for helping me through this week. I'm looking forward to the new me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggiemagu View Post
Good Morning All

The scale finally moved this morning and I couldn't be happier.....I'm in the 150's finally, well 159.5 but It's good enough for me, I'm remotivated to get to my goal!!! YIPPIE!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweety bird View Post
Well I was not sure what to wear this morning, everything except for 1 pair of pants that needed washing fit anymore. Need to go shopping I guess, went to a closet with my small clothes in it ( you know the ones, the ones you think you will never get into but hang on just in case) Well pulled out a pair of jeans have not worn in at least 10 years and they fit perfectly. made me feel so much bettter since my wieght loss lately has been slow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post
Well ladies and gents I finally did it! Its not official but this morning

!!!!!!!139!!!!!!!!!
OMG you have no idea! Don't give up! I was stuck for weeks and was seriously thinking of quitting. But look what happened!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcswain View Post
Just got back from WI. I have lost another 4 pounds which brings my weight loss down to -56.2. My original goal was to lose 60 pounds but I am thinking I will move my goal back to 70 pounds. I plan to start phasing off at the end of March. One of my sons is getting married in mid June and I want to enjoy all the celebration / food, etc. Plus by the end of March I will have been on IP for six months (seven months including phasing off during April) and I think it will be a good time for a break.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paupau View Post
well started IP 7 weeks ago and down 25lbs... I had a planned cheat weekend last weekend and lucky for me, still lost .04lbs...went straight back on plan on Monday and can't wait for my weigh in on wednesday. Today was a great day..took all my size20, 18 and 16 pants and my 1x and 2x tops to the consignment clothes store, so hopefully I can get a little shopping money back. Then went to our local thrift shop, where there was a 50 percent off sale. Bought 3 pairs of size 12 pants and some large tops! so pumped. don't want to spend alot of money on clothes right now, because the weight just keeps melting away...so if I can get a few items here and there to tide me over, than I'm happy! Now that was just my fall and winter clothes, haven't even touched my summer wardrobe yet! Tons of room in my closet now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post
I went to the movie tonight with a container full of red, yellow and orange pepper strips and an english cucumber. munched away and was quite content while DH scarfed down a jumbo tub of you know what... but i felt great anyway! now i'm ready for a IP friendly salted caramel hot cocoa for my snack. a nice finish to a great day!

tomorrow i'm making cauliflower fried rice with chicken. mmmmm that was my standby the first weeks. it's gonna be so good and one head makes about 3 servings. so lunch on monday is covered as well!

stay warm everyone-
Congrats to all of you for your weight loss and NSV. You can all do this and are doing a great job. Keep it up we can all do this!!!
Old 02-27-2011, 02:44 AM   #247  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Very nice Avatar Couts. It's the new you!

Lynn
Old 02-27-2011, 04:05 AM   #248  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Weigh in # 4 today - it was actually the end of my 5th week. Pretty disapponting, I only lost 1 lb. in the last (almost) 2 weeks. I lost some inches, but the scale needs to move more than this. My coach discussed my food journal - and while I've not eaten anything off program, I do have a restricted every day. Actually, I usually have half of a salty restricted and half a sweet restricted. I'm a Type II diabetic and my sugars have risen eating this way which is why I'm not losing weight. So I have to cut out the restricteds and even the higher carb unrestricteds (the omelette, the cholocate drink) for a week and see if I can get back into ketosis. I drink all my waters, get all my supplements, eat 3/4 of my veggies raw, don't use any WF products. I feel like I have to work so much harder at losing weight since I became a diabetic 5 years ago. In addition to that - I'm a direct descendent of the Mayflower- I come from one of those 17 women who survived that first winter. My geneology can literally make fat out of rock soup and hay. So - I have to follow a stricter protocol than other people. Pray God I can do it. I'm just feeling like it's all a little unfair.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:10 AM   #249  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by paupau View Post
well started IP 7 weeks ago and down 25lbs... I had a planned cheat weekend last weekend and lucky for me, still lost .04lbs...went straight back on plan on Monday and can't wait for my weigh in on wednesday. Today was a great day..took all my size20, 18 and 16 pants and my 1x and 2x tops to the consignment clothes store, so hopefully I can get a little shopping money back. Then went to our local thrift shop, where there was a 50 percent off sale. Bought 3 pairs of size 12 pants and some large tops! so pumped. don't want to spend alot of money on clothes right now, because the weight just keeps melting away...so if I can get a few items here and there to tide me over, than I'm happy! Now that was just my fall and winter clothes, haven't even touched my summer wardrobe yet! Tons of room in my closet now!
Fabulous! Very inspiring. Reading this and other posts help me get focused for the day!
Old 02-27-2011, 08:15 AM   #250  

S/C/G: 198/168/?

Height: 5'2

If you read my Avatar - friends are like bras, close to the heart and always there for support.... this describes you all...what an amazing bunch!
Old 02-27-2011, 08:17 AM   #251  

Quote:
Originally Posted by esammy12 View Post
Weigh in # 4 today - it was actually the end of my 5th week. Pretty disapponting, I only lost 1 lb. in the last (almost) 2 weeks. I lost some inches, but the scale needs to move more than this. My coach discussed my food journal - and while I've not eaten anything off program, I do have a restricted every day. Actually, I usually have half of a salty restricted and half a sweet restricted. I'm a Type II diabetic and my sugars have risen eating this way which is why I'm not losing weight. So I have to cut out the restricteds and even the higher carb unrestricteds (the omelette, the cholocate drink) for a week and see if I can get back into ketosis. I drink all my waters, get all my supplements, eat 3/4 of my veggies raw, don't use any WF products. I feel like I have to work so much harder at losing weight since I became a diabetic 5 years ago. In addition to that - I'm a direct descendent of the Mayflower- I come from one of those 17 women who survived that first winter. My geneology can literally make fat out of rock soup and hay. So - I have to follow a stricter protocol than other people. Pray God I can do it. I'm just feeling like it's all a little unfair.

Please don't get discouraged, we all have to tweak the program while still staying OP. I have found that I cannot have restricted everyday either. I tried but at the most, once a week. Also I seem to do better having my big meal at lunch instead of dinner. Also when I do have the restricted I used to have it as a late snack and have learned that it is a no_no. So now I will have it after breakfast or lunch. Try it for a week, it may be the answer.keep us posted because what may help you can also help others. just stay OP.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:31 AM   #252  

S/C/G: 210/172/137

Height: 5.4

[QUOTE=Camio87;3731743]Has anybody else experienced ridiculous mood swings? It seems like I am crying all the time lately for no reason. I don`t feel happy, I`m losing interest in the diet because of boredom and lack of appeal with the food choices from IP. I was expecting to feel better, happier but all I`m feeling is in a slump. My coach has no advice and I feel like I`m hitting a dead end.[/QUOTe

When I get bored I try a new IP recipe. It seems to make me feel like I have more variety. Or go to the store and find a new seasoning, a new WF, or even something that is pre made, Like there is Talapia premade at my shoprite that is awesome.

I stick to mostly the Choc. Shake. I also use a rocket blender - cheap alternative to the magic bullet. It really helps with an even consistency. Also it you blend and put it in the fridge for a bit and it tastes just like the choc. premade. Or add some ice for a frosty drink. I take the choc shake in the blender cup with me to work with the blender lid on it and some cucumber with sea salt or some veggie or salad.

My favorite with the choc!!!!! Is make some strong decafe Mint Tea and put in the fridge to ice, I like trader joes. Then use that as your water with the choc. tastes just like mint choc and its natural flavoring. Might even help with calming the stomach with the mint?

There are few packets that I will eat also and I try to stay away from restricted. but they really help to avoid a cheat. Just tried the apple cinnamon last night and they were great. and the oreo bar is wonderful.

Also, I have cheated and it takes much longer. I should be done already, but now I am looking at all of the other IP's here and Im using their example to keep me on the non cheat track. I want to be down by the summer and feel comfortable in my skin.

Cheer up!!! you are giving yourself a great gift and I know there is no other diet that I have been so successful on that will get me to my goal If I keep on program.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:03 AM   #253  

S/C/G: 190.4/136/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by esammy12 View Post
I've had few WIs where I lost a pound and a half or so, too. I try to stay positive....at least we're losing. How many inches did you lose? I am more interested in the inches lost rather than the number on the scale.
I don't think I can have restricted items every day either...I am going to cut down and only have 2-3 this week and see if it matters. I was a carb junkie, I love sweets..I mean loved sweets! LOL
Keep your head up, be positive!! You can do this...we all can!
Old 02-27-2011, 09:05 AM   #254  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcswain View Post
Just got back from WI. I have lost another 4 pounds which brings my weight loss down to -56.2. My original goal was to lose 60 pounds but I am thinking I will move my goal back to 70 pounds. I plan to start phasing off at the end of March. One of my sons is getting married in mid June and I want to enjoy all the celebration / food, etc. Plus by the end of March I will have been on IP for six months (seven months including phasing off during April) and I think it will be a good time for a break.
Wow, that's impressive! Congrats!!
Old 02-27-2011, 09:07 AM   #255  

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Well I have had a NSV and decided I am going to play indoor box lacrosse again. I haven't played for about 25 years and found a oldtimers league here at home to join. I have been afraid to play any sport just because I was too heavy but now I have no excuse and need to get active. I have also posted a updated picture of my weight loss after being on IP for 14 weeks if you wish to look click on the link at the bottom of my signature. Have a great IP day everyone.
Looking pretty fab!!! What an awesome job your doing...such an inspiration!!
You're almost to your goal, congrats to you!! Cheers!!
Closed Thread