Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 12:02 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
I'm fairly certain that your tylenol pm isn't going to hurt anything. Though from a medical standpoint, you CAN just buy the active sleep ingredient (diphenhydramine, 25 mg - they have generic but it's also marketed under "Simply Sleep") and that would be better for your body than getting extra tylenol that your body (and liver) doesn't need.
also marketed under a better known name as "Benadryl". i always get the generic antihistamine at superstore or costco. same thing, super cheap! i agree w/ mrs B- why take on the tylenol if not necessary? just turn em over and read the labels. same, same, same.

diphenhydramine info at- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhe...539-brandNames

mrs b- maybe if i take a couple of these i won't be restless and get up for a midnight nibble on my bar! of course if i don't get up, i'll likely wet the bed!

but honestly, is there anyone here who can sleep through the night with all the water we drink???
Old 02-25-2011, 12:03 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 188/188/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosinthemirror View Post
I have been thinking about this too. I have not lost anywhere near that amount yet, but it makes me wonder what they start thinking... do they start adding it up in their head.. like wow, if she lost that much and still has a long way to go... or do they judge me? Because honestly they probably don't have a clue how much I weighed before or now. Putting a number to it might shock the heck out of them. It's embarrassing to admit that I let myself get so far, even though I am working hard to improve upon it. I don't know the answer for you, or even what I will do. Something I will have to think about. But just know you aren't alone in those feelings. When they ask how much we have lost, maybe we should say something along the lines of "more than I ever thought possible!"??? I know I still have doubts that it will happen, so I could say that for sure when I get where you are at. You have done AMAZING!!! 100 pounds in 5 months! I didn't know that was possible! I have only lost 26 in 2 months! What's your secret? Are you exercising at all? Super strict with no restricted packets? You inspire me. Have you posted any pictures? I would love to see some. I find them VERY inspirational! Keep up the incredible journey! So proud for you!
26lbs in 2 months is very good, congratulations you are well on your way to your goal

Last edited by Tweety bird; 02-25-2011 at 12:04 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:17 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 188/188/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post
Okay Tweety I need to know where in Alberta are you from? Super curious! I am from the Edmonton area. I want to talk more but the clo****pam is making me foggt anf much more susseptible to saying things I shouldn't so good night all see you an the flip side! I am going to kick some IP *** this weekend and have my best weigh in ever next Tuesday! BOYA! like -5lbs OH YA! You all ROCK, we can be bullies now and kick some fatass ***...our own! lol
Hi I am from a medium size town in east central Alberta.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:34 AM   #124  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by willbethin2011 View Post
So I have been faithfully working the program since September and have not been this happy with myself in a very long time, but today i had a very strange experience. I ran into someone I hadn't seen in a few months and he commented on my weight loss and ask how much i had lost. Instead of being excited and proud to announce that I had lost 102.5 pounds so far, I was ashamed and embarrassed to admit the number. I felt so bad about myself and wondered how I could have let myself get that overweight.

I am so proud of myself for doing this, but tell me what I should say to all the people who want to know the numbers? Would you say the number or just keep it to yourself??
You have already received several good responses to your post. Thank you for bringing up this number issue. As I thought about this point, I realized that this point applies to all of us on this forum. It's not about the amount we have allowed ourselves to gain, how much we have lost or how much we have to go, when people bring up the number thing. We don't always know why someone is inquiring about numbers, therefore that can make us feel uncomfortable. I put this in the pot with questions like, " How much did you pay for your car?" " How much did you pay for your house?" or worst yet, "How much money do you make a year?" I feel like our weight numbers are ours to tell those we want to tell. I have told some people my numbers, but there are some people I don't intend to tell. Think of a response that fits your personality, one that you can deliver and feel good about. In other words, answer their question, but not tell them info you don't want to. Another suggestion, answer their question with a question. Example: I look good don't I? ( If you think they have the nerve to ask for numbers, have the nerve to brag a little and smile). Sometimes a big SMILE is a good answer, if they have walking around sense they will get the point. Remember SMILE and look pleased with yourself. Hope this has helped. I am soooo proud of you. Judy
Old 02-25-2011, 05:46 AM   #125  

Height: 5'3"

Default Weigh in #5

Lost another 3 lbs........... it's amazing how good this is working. I'm starting to notice it in my clothes and in the way I feel.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 02-25-2011, 07:54 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 250/199/170

Height: 65

I haven't sleep thru the night since starting IP diet. Approx 2 Times a night to go to the bathroom. But - I feel very rested when waking up in the morning. It's always before my alarm! Keep up the Good Work!
Old 02-25-2011, 08:28 AM   #127  
Start date 12/27/2010

S/C/G: 316/226/158

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweety bird View Post
got room for another, it was -40 with the windchill in Alberta this morning, I can't wait for spring. Did I mention I like to take pictures and scrapbook them.
Ahhhh...scrapping.... those were the days... the days before kids!!! I love to look back at my one "complete" album. My wedding album! I started one with my first son and got through about 6 months worth. Now with my second son I can't even keep up with getting them printed out anymore!!! I get a photobook made every year that covers the whole year and the rest sit on the hard drive. One day when I get old and gray (and sit with my iPad12 in my automated rocking chair) I will get them organized into some kind of digital scrapbook I am sure. But for now I am savoring the kisses!
Old 02-25-2011, 10:42 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 188.6/182.2/155

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
ok, this may be way outside any of my business, but the last time someone posted something like this (about being nauseous) I did not chime in and I felt badly afterwards.... Depending on what your life/circumstances are, is there ANY chance you could be pregnant? IP is very,very well known to throw off your hormones to such a level that if all you are using is the pill, you can easily get pregnant. So if there is ANY chance of that, please test right away, ok? If that is not it, then I would say it is the increased estrogen from weight loss, which is common. So sorry if I have freaked you out!

Rocky Monarch - I thank you so much for your concern - pregnant again - boy wouldn't that be a trip - ugh. Anyway - I currently have an IUD - so as far as I know - it's a bit safer than "the pill" but geez - you think my coach might have mentioned this before. Wow. But thank you!
Old 02-25-2011, 10:49 AM   #129  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
Hey all! Just finished reading and so happy we're happy today! I woke up in the middle of the night, and remembered this poem from when I first started in December. I think it was Pegsi who posted it originally, but it's stuck with me, and I hope some of you newer newbies will benefit from it like I have...

Just One Pound Poem
Hello, do you know me? If you don’t you should. I’m a pound of fat, and I’m the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet. Want to know why? It’s because no one ever wants to lose me; I’m Only One Pound, just a pound. Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds or fifteen pounds, but never only one, so I just stick around and happily keep you fat. Then I add to myself ever so slyly so that you never seem to notice it, that is until I’ve grown to ten, twenty or even more pounds in weight. Yes, it’s fun being Only One Pound of fat, left to do as I please. So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying “Oh, I only lost one pound.” (as if that were such a terrible thing!) For you see, if you do this you’ll encourage others to keep me around because they will think I’m not worth losing. And I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you. Happy Days!! After all, I’m Only One Pound of fat!!!
Jolie,

I am so glad you like the poem. It was me who first posted it; it's in the inspirations thread. It is an anonymous poem that was given to me about 6 years ago now when I was doing another lower carb type diet. Our forum team leader (we had fun little groups and competitive type contests over there) supplied that to those of us in her group. She never took credit for the poem and couldn't say where she got it from. She did say that it was very helpful to her as she lost well over 100 pounds.

That poem didn't mean to much to me back then. I liked it but didn't quite "get" it. Then, just before I started IP, I was struggling, REALLY struggling to lose anything. I found that poem and then a few weeks later learned about IP. I began IP with the idea and commitment, "IF I can just lose 1 pound a week, I will be moving in the right direction." That poem kept me focused during some very hard weeks and over a few sticking points. I thought it might also be helpful to others on this plan.

Thanks for posting it again, here. It and the reminder of what is stood for in my mind is just what I needed to start my day with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
You are allowed to use 1 oz of skim milk in your coffee. It won't add any flavor per se, but it will knock the bitterness out!
WOW!! I love your new picture. You are always so GORGEOUS!! REALLY... You have such beauty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
I made my own using the Good Seasonings Italian dressing packets. I used my Olive Oil, Vinegar, Water and the packet and it didn't inhibit my weight loss at all. I ok'ed it with my coach also.
I used a few low carb premade organic dressings (usually by ANNIE's) which also did not effect my loss. I was really careful to measure out my portion and never used something with more than a carb per serving. It never seemed to make a difference for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willbethin2011 View Post
So I have been faithfully working the program since September and have not been this happy with myself in a very long time, but today i had a very strange experience. I ran into someone I hadn't seen in a few months and he commented on my weight loss and ask how much i had lost. Instead of being excited and proud to announce that I had lost 102.5 pounds so far, I was ashamed and embarrassed to admit the number. I felt so bad about myself and wondered how I could have let myself get that overweight.

I am so proud of myself for doing this, but tell me what I should say to all the people who want to know the numbers? Would you say the number or just keep it to yourself??
You should say what you are comfortable saying and that will likely be different for each person. If you are comfortable sharing your loss, do it. Be proud of that.

We like to think we are hiding how much we had/have to lose but, many people can guess. They may start guessing in ranges of 25, 50 or 100 pounds but, they can gauge about how much we are over just like we can. Unfortunately, It isn't really that big of a secret. When I worked in retail and helped women find clothes every day and in every size (petites, misses and, woman were all my departments at one time or other) I got to the point I could not only guess the right size but often pin point a person within 10 pounds. People who really know you, who have seen what is happening for you in the past 5 months, can TELL that you have made huge strides. YES, they know that you are a work in progress and they know that it is a ways still to the finish line but, YOUR COMMITMENT is showing all over the place and they can tell how far you've come.

WHEN you are comfortable sharing that number DO IT. Be proud of it! Many people have a hard time losing 10 or 20 pounds. Having the stamina, commitment, and focus to lose over 100 is something that people will be happy to cheer about with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothgirl View Post
Well after months of not going to my IP coach, I have an appointment for tomorrow. They have been letting me buy my IP stuff and I've been ordering on line without weighing. I really like the accountability and the knowledge that I have to set my feet on the scale and someone else KNOWS my weight. It helps me rethink that "cheat".
HEY THERE!! I haven't been around much so, I'm not sure if you have posted in the past month but, it is nice to see you!
Old 02-25-2011, 11:46 AM   #130  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post
also marketed under a better known name as "Benadryl". i always get the generic antihistamine at superstore or costco. same thing, super cheap! i agree w/ mrs B- why take on the tylenol if not necessary? just turn em over and read the labels. same, same, same.

diphenhydramine info at- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhe...539-brandNames

mrs b- maybe if i take a couple of these i won't be restless and get up for a midnight nibble on my bar! of course if i don't get up, i'll likely wet the bed!

but honestly, is there anyone here who can sleep through the night with all the water we drink???
Benadryl has other active medications in it too - that's why I was just recommending the sleep aid part. After years of reading about antibiotic resistance, etc, I'm a big proponent of not putting any medication into your body that you don't really need.
Closed Thread