Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 03:18 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default positive vibes

It is so nice having everyone so positive and helpful. I just wanted to say Thank You.
Finally a forum with a great attitude.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:19 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
It is so nice having everyone so positive and helpful. I just wanted to say Thank You.
Finally a forum with a great attitude.
I'm having ticker issues! Help!

Old 02-24-2011, 03:23 PM   #78  
Start date 12/27/2010

S/C/G: 316/226/158

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by willbethin2011 View Post
So I have been faithfully working the program since September and have not been this happy with myself in a very long time, but today i had a very strange experience. I ran into someone I hadn't seen in a few months and he commented on my weight loss and ask how much i had lost. Instead of being excited and proud to announce that I had lost 102.5 pounds so far, I was ashamed and embarrassed to admit the number. I felt so bad about myself and wondered how I could have let myself get that overweight.

I am so proud of myself for doing this, but tell me what I should say to all the people who want to know the numbers? Would you say the number or just keep it to yourself??
I have been thinking about this too. I have not lost anywhere near that amount yet, but it makes me wonder what they start thinking... do they start adding it up in their head.. like wow, if she lost that much and still has a long way to go... or do they judge me? Because honestly they probably don't have a clue how much I weighed before or now. Putting a number to it might shock the heck out of them. It's embarrassing to admit that I let myself get so far, even though I am working hard to improve upon it. I don't know the answer for you, or even what I will do. Something I will have to think about. But just know you aren't alone in those feelings. When they ask how much we have lost, maybe we should say something along the lines of "more than I ever thought possible!"??? I know I still have doubts that it will happen, so I could say that for sure when I get where you are at. You have done AMAZING!!! 100 pounds in 5 months! I didn't know that was possible! I have only lost 26 in 2 months! What's your secret? Are you exercising at all? Super strict with no restricted packets? You inspire me. Have you posted any pictures? I would love to see some. I find them VERY inspirational! Keep up the incredible journey! So proud for you!
Old 02-24-2011, 03:24 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 190.4/136/140

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon,
I was getting ready for work this morning and my niece looked at me and said "holy, do you ever look skinny"!!! That's a big compliment coming from a 16 year old and it certainly made my day!
I love this diet, I haven't felt this good about myself in a very long time, WI # 7 tomorrow!
Old 02-24-2011, 03:25 PM   #80  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrean View Post
woo hoo WI #3 today down 4.3 lbs and 2 more inches for a grand total of 10.5 inches and almost 15 lbs in three weeks!!!
That is so wonderful. Way to go!

Quote:
So I have been faithfully working the program since September and have not been this happy with myself in a very long time, but today i had a very strange experience. I ran into someone I hadn't seen in a few months and he commented on my weight loss and ask how much i had lost. Instead of being excited and proud to announce that I had lost 102.5 pounds so far, I was ashamed and embarrassed to admit the number. I felt so bad about myself and wondered how I could have let myself get that overweight.

I am so proud of myself for doing this, but tell me what I should say to all the people who want to know the numbers? Would you say the number or just keep it to yourself??
Funny you should say this. I've had the same experience and didn't want to give up numbers either (although mine are not nearly as impressive as yours. 102.5 pounds since September? That is truly inspirational!). I'm not sure why. I find myself stammering, saying "Thanks, I have lost some weight" and leaving it at that. I'd like to hear how others handle it.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:28 PM   #81  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Having a pretty good day today except it is really cold here. I am totally excited!!! As most of you know I own my own business selling Scentsy and last year I earned the incentive trip to Hawaii for two people. I was so excited and we had such an amazing time., WELL....I just found out that this year I earned an all expense paid vacation to Disney World in Florida for three people!!! I am so blessed I am just beside myself. I cannot wait to see Mickey and all his amazing friends. I will be going in June and am just super excited, I had to share.
Hope you all have an amazing day!!!
Old 02-24-2011, 03:29 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Numbers are nobody's business but your own. I don't keep track of numbers honestly, they swim around in my head like fish, hard to keep track of. When people ask "How much weight have you lost" I would just say "almost all of it".
Old 02-24-2011, 03:34 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 226/172/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:

I think you should own it! I don't think there is anybody in the world that wouldn't be impressed. And in my opinion it shouldn't matter if they do the math and figure out how much you weighed before-you're not there anymore! I'd flaunt my numbers at all times if I had done as well as you, haha.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:41 PM   #84  
Started IP 9/7/10

S/C/G: 353/200/160

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosinthemirror View Post
I have been thinking about this too. I have not lost anywhere near that amount yet, but it makes me wonder what they start thinking... do they start adding it up in their head.. like wow, if she lost that much and still has a long way to go... or do they judge me? Because honestly they probably don't have a clue how much I weighed before or now. Putting a number to it might shock the heck out of them. It's embarrassing to admit that I let myself get so far, even though I am working hard to improve upon it. I don't know the answer for you, or even what I will do. Something I will have to think about. But just know you aren't alone in those feelings. When they ask how much we have lost, maybe we should say something along the lines of "more than I ever thought possible!"??? I know I still have doubts that it will happen, so I could say that for sure when I get where you are at. You have done AMAZING!!! 100 pounds in 5 months! I didn't know that was possible! I have only lost 26 in 2 months! What's your secret? Are you exercising at all? Super strict with no restricted packets? You inspire me. Have you posted any pictures? I would love to see some. I find them VERY inspirational! Keep up the incredible journey! So proud for you!
I never tell anyone how much more I want to lose as I know they will do the math and find out how much I originally weighed. Then I would REALLY be ashamed!!
I don't have any secrets. I just follow the protocol and keep at it. I don't do any exercise and I do have a restricted every single day. I am such a great loser, but I haven't been good at keeping it off. This time I am losing it for good!
Old 02-24-2011, 03:59 PM   #85  
Slowly Shrinking!

S/C/G: Size 18/Size 18/Size 12

Height: 5'8

Default YAY! Go Juiceman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Back from WI 7 and lost 3.8 and an inch from my waist. Good results. I know last night I had more than my 5 oz of meat. I got out the grill and had steaks along with roasted skewers of bell peppers and mushrooms. Couldn't put the steak down it was so good and juicy. Much better than a pan cooked steak.

Thanks for all the support!

Way to go! You have made such a huge change, I know you're going to do great on your own. Good luck!!!
Old 02-24-2011, 04:01 PM   #86  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

I don't this there is an absolute answer for this question, except you should do what you are comfortable with and what feels right for you. It is so funny you brought this up, since I went through the exact same thing yesterday. I gal I work with looked at me funny and asked if I had lost weight. I told her 'not since the last time you saw me' which was only a few days ago. Then she asked me how much I had lost, and I flat out lied! I told her 20 lbs since Oct (the truth is closer to 35).

I know our weight loss journeys are different, but when I was confronted with the same question, I didn't hesitate to lie, for the same reasons that went through your head. I suspect we all feel the same, to varying degrees. So I would suggest you figure out what you are comfortable with, and run with it. You are truly an inspiration to all of us here. Don't focus on what you were, focus on how great you are!
Old 02-24-2011, 04:36 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Back from WI 7 and lost 3.8 and an inch from my waist. Good results. I know last night I had more than my 5 oz of meat. I got out the grill and had steaks along with roasted skewers of bell peppers and mushrooms. Couldn't put the steak down it was so good and juicy. Much better than a pan cooked steak.

Thanks for all the support!
That's awesome! Wtg
My husband grilled up some steaks the other night and they were SO good and reminded me of summer...we got them at Costco and even without anything super fancy on mine, it was delicious!
Old 02-24-2011, 04:56 PM   #88  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Great. I just found out that the center where I WI is closed today due to weather. All this stress about WI #2 and I can't go. I hope I have enough packets to get me through until they can fit me in again... Sad.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:07 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 228/228/150

Height: 5'1"

Default to tell or not to tell

Quote:

First congrats on your success. I have averaged 2.6 lbs per wk and have lost 28 lbs so far. As the 30 lb mark approaches I have decided if the same situation came up for me as it did you, I would respond, "Alot!, and I feel great, thanks." Only my husband, and one sis and this site know what weight I started out at. I am proud of my journey and success but not that I got here in the first place. As people come back from being gone for the winter they will see the difference so I know the ques will be coming, and even though it is a natural ques, I feel no obligation to say the amt. and I know they will be fine with that. I have and will share that it is IP that I used so if it can help someone else the info will be out there. Hope this helps.

Last edited by thumper; 02-24-2011 at 06:13 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:38 PM   #90  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

back from WI#7. good things happening... 30 lbs lost so far. my best friend hadn't seen me since friday, and he came over today and when he saw me he said, "wow, you're getting really thin!", and i replied with a "yeah, that's the whole point!". anyhow, this made me really happy because he hasn't noticed my weight loss at all until today. he doesn't even see it in the before and after pictures. 25 lbs down - nothing, but 6 days away and he notices! oh, boys...

for those of you who have asked for the pickling recipe, i would be more than happy to share. just tell me which thread is the appropriate place to put it.
Closed Thread