3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 09:40 PM   #106

S/C/G: 225/156/125

Height: 5' 0"

Hello everyone.

I have a question for you all. How much fat is too much? Odd question, I know. I have these chicken sausages that I have been eating that have 9 grams of fat each and about 140 calories. I have to eat 2 and a 1/2 of them to equal my 7 ounces of protein and that comes out to 22.5 grams of fat! I am worried that is too much. Are these alright to eat? Perhaps I should just eat them occasionally? What do you guys think?
Old 02-24-2011, 10:18 PM   #107
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalison View Post
Hello everyone.

I have a question for you all. How much fat is too much? Odd question, I know. I have these chicken sausages that I have been eating that have 9 grams of fat each and about 140 calories. I have to eat 2 and a 1/2 of them to equal my 7 ounces of protein and that comes out to 22.5 grams of fat! I am worried that is too much. Are these alright to eat? Perhaps I should just eat them occasionally? What do you guys think?
Are they like breakfast sausage, or kind of like bratwurst? I would say that it is too much. Your body is going to be using that fat for energy before it is going to start burning yours, so you don't want to give it that much. IP says that you need to be going for lean meats. I don't think this qualifies. Maybe occasionally as a treat, but definitely not every day or even week. But, THIS IS JUST MY OPINION!

My journey in pictures! UPDATED 5/10!!!
Old 02-24-2011, 10:23 PM   #108
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

So... I was reading one of the other threads and someone posted something about pain medications causing weight gain. Is that true? Is it all pain meds? My coach hasn't mentioned that to me and I sometimes take a tylenol pm at night to help me sleep. Any words of wisdom?
Old 02-24-2011, 10:24 PM   #109

They are like bratwurst. It seemed to be a lot to me but once I looked at how much fat other meat had in it, it didn't seem to be that much. My 93/7 burgers have just as much and they are considered extra lean so I'm not sure. I will make sure I only have them every once in awhile. I'm afraid I have been eating them way too often these days! Oops. Hopefully it won't impact me too much. Thanks for your input
Old 02-24-2011, 10:29 PM   #110

S/C/G: 265/244/185

Height: Started IP 12/8/14

I totally agree with your opinion! Not directed at Newbies because there are so many questions at the beginning.....but I feel that after time, it's so easy to rationalize why we can eat something not on protocol. But, we basically are just sabotaging ourselves. Then we wait a week for our body to get back on protocol and start losing again. Wastes time and money. I know.....easier said than done. I'm learning this lesson now.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:34 PM   #111

Quote:
They are like bratwurst. It seemed to be a lot to me but once I looked at how much fat other meat had in it, it didn't seem to be that much. My 93/7 burgers have just as much and they are considered extra lean so I'm not sure. I will make sure I only have them every once in awhile. I'm afraid I have been eating them way too often these days! Oops. Hopefully it won't impact me too much. Thanks for your input
Your 93/7 burgers have 22 grams of fat in them? That seems soooo high, but maybe it isn't. When I do burgers, I mix them 1/2 & 1/2 with ground turkey. Have you ever looked for ground turkey brats? One thing to look out for with sausage is carbs from fillers.

Old 02-24-2011, 10:36 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
So... I was reading one of the other threads and someone posted something about pain medications causing weight gain. Is that true? Is it all pain meds? My coach hasn't mentioned that to me and I sometimes take a tylenol pm at night to help me sleep. Any words of wisdom?
I'm fairly certain that your tylenol pm isn't going to hurt anything. Though from a medical standpoint, you CAN just buy the active sleep ingredient (diphenhydramine, 25 mg - they have generic but it's also marketed under "Simply Sleep") and that would be better for your body than getting extra tylenol that your body (and liver) doesn't need.

Old 02-24-2011, 10:38 PM   #113
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinO View Post
I appologize in advance to the men on this site - but I have something to ask the more experienced IP ladies on here - ready - okay - has anyone experienced significant breast tenderness/soreness on this diet? This is not a symtom that is normal to me - and my hunch is that it is related to the soy in the food - but just a guess.... sorry again boys! lol.
ok, this may be way outside any of my business, but the last time someone posted something like this (about being nauseous) I did not chime in and I felt badly afterwards.... Depending on what your life/circumstances are, is there ANY chance you could be pregnant? IP is very,very well known to throw off your hormones to such a level that if all you are using is the pill, you can easily get pregnant. So if there is ANY chance of that, please test right away, ok? If that is not it, then I would say it is the increased estrogen from weight loss, which is common. So sorry if I have freaked you out!

"...the way I figure it, Heaven and **** are right here on Earth. Heaven is living in your hopes and **** is living in your fears. It's up to each individual which one he chooses."
Old 02-24-2011, 10:40 PM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
Your 93/7 burgers have 22 grams of fat in them? That seems soooo high, but maybe it isn't. When I do burgers, I mix them 1/2 & 1/2 with ground turkey. Have you ever looked for ground turkey brats? One thing to look out for with sausage is carbs from fillers.
Well, my burgers have about 10 grams each and when I have to eat 2 of them to get 7 oz, it comes out to 20 grams of fat. These are ground chicken sausages so I didn't think they would be that bad. There aren't any fillers in them. They are gluten free and only have 1 carb per link. The ingredients are chicken and spices! They must use fatty parts of the chicken.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:41 PM   #115

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinO View Post
Top of the morning to you all! Today is day 8 for me - and my first weigh in is tomorrow morning :P I have to admit - the past few days have been fantastic! I am really enjoying the way I feel - the fog has lifted and with it came a general sense of happiness. Sunday the family and I leave for a week long vacation - I am planning my meals and am not concerned at all with staying on track. I have read all the "traveling" posts and am thankful for everyone's insite. Honestly - the one thing I am worried about is the fact that I can't bring my trusty liter water bottle on the plane lol. That thing has been by my side none stop for 8 days.
YOu can bring it......just pack it in your checked luggage! Don't want to be without your security water bottle. haha

1 belly dancer for each 5 lbs gone!!
Old 02-24-2011, 10:49 PM   #116

S/C/G: 265/244/185

Height: Started IP 12/8/14

I would just stay away from it for now and stick with lean meats as Mrs D stated. Learn early from the mistakes of others.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:50 PM   #117

S/C/G: Weight loss goal 60 pounds

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
ok, this may be way outside any of my business, but the last time someone posted something like this (about being nauseous) I did not chime in and I felt badly afterwards.... Depending on what your life/circumstances are, is there ANY chance you could be pregnant? IP is very,very well known to throw off your hormones to such a level that if all you are using is the pill, you can easily get pregnant. So if there is ANY chance of that, please test right away, ok? If that is not it, then I would say it is the increased estrogen from weight loss, which is common. So sorry if I have freaked you out!

K seriously why don't coaches tell you this when you sign up?? I am one of those people who ALWAYS thinks they are pregnant and definitely am not wanting a baby yet! yeesh thank goodness I read this post I will definitely be using a back up method from here on in. AHH freaking out now...I'll likely take a test tomorrow (no reason to think I'm pregnant I am just super paranoid!). Also I am already experiencing mess ups with my TOM and I'm only three weeks in and I'm on the pill...so really things should be normal...I hope that eventually my body settles down.....But seriously WHY DONT THEY TELL YOU THIS!!??

Started IP February 2, 2011

Mini Goals: loose 20 lbs (Goal Met March 9, 2011!!). Loose 35-40 lbs by Easter (then have planned cheat)Met April 19, 2011 down 39 lbs!. Be on phase 2 and down 60 lbs by the beginning of June!

Progress pics updates March 27, 2011

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...ml#post3777907
Old 02-24-2011, 11:05 PM   #118

Quote:
Well, my burgers have about 10 grams each and when I have to eat 2 of them to get 7 oz, it comes out to 20 grams of fat. These are ground chicken sausages so I didn't think they would be that bad. There aren't any fillers in them. They are gluten free and only have 1 carb per link. The ingredients are chicken and spices! They must use fatty parts of the chicken.
Ahhhh - I started under the old protocol of 5 oz of beef, chicken, pork, turkey/7 oz. of seafood, so I still pretty much keep to that. The only thing I know is that no one is going to know how your body is going to react to it like you do. So, if you feel like they are holding you back, go for a couple weeks without them and see how your WIs go. If nothing changes, then maybe it isn't the sausages...

Old 02-24-2011, 11:40 PM   #119

S/C/G: 188/188/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosinthemirror View Post
Stacy,
You can come bunk with me in Texas (60's/70's) as long as you teach me photography! I am hobbiest with no time to take classes but love when I get those perfect shots!!! My two kiddos give me the perfect practice though I have always wanted to do weddings and baby portraits! Maybe one day that door will open! Just let me know when to get your room ready!! LOL
Jen
got room for another, it was -40 with the windchill in Alberta this morning, I can't wait for spring. Did I mention I like to take pictures and scrapbook them.

Just starting IP again

Last edited by Tweety bird; 02-24-2011 at 11:41 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 02-24-2011, 11:53 PM   #120

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

Okay Tweety I need to know where in Alberta are you from? Super curious! I am from the Edmonton area. I want to talk more but the clo****pam is making me foggt anf much more susseptible to saying things I shouldn't so good night all see you an the flip side! I am going to kick some IP *** this weekend and have my best weigh in ever next Tuesday! BOYA! like -5lbs OH YA! You all ROCK, we can be bullies now and kick some fatass ***...our own! lol

I AM MY OWN WORST ENEMY
my progress photos

IP Aug.01/10-Nov.15/10 182-150
IP+alt March 23/10 -????? 146-
Closed Thread