Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 05:01 PM   #91  

S/C/G: Weight loss goal 60 pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by esammy12 View Post
Hello Fello IP'ers,

Congrats on all of the losses this week. I went through my closet over the weekend and have a HUGE pile of clothes that no longer fit. In just one month, I skipped over sizes that I've been trying to get in to for years. I'm still astonished at how much smaller I am, even though I haven't lost that much weight yet. I'm hoping for 185 by this Saturday. I haven't exercised at all for 4 days now, just seeing how that affects weight loss. I can't keep that up for long, but I'm experimenting.
The biggest challenge for me right now - is patience. Now that I see that this program is going to work - I am itching to get down to a weight where I can wear the clothes that I've kept hidden in drawers like so many buried wishes. It's like an ocean at my back and I can barely contain myself. How does anyone bear the slow, daily, slog of it? Does anyone else feel this?
I feel you in the patience department! never been my strong suit and this is not helping! I am feeling like time is going by at a snails pace and I keep counting down the days till my next WI...till Easter...till I'm done...its getting a bit rediculous! I'm three weeks in tomorrow and I intend on being at it for likely another 13-15 weeks which is a long time it seems (its really not I"m just a baby). Really I just keep telling myself...its working! you are finally loosing weight and guess what if you don't stick it out and get this done you will continue to be unhappy with yourself and just keep getting fatter! I'm only 24 so thats a long time to be unhappy!
Anything thats worth it takes time and some hard work!
Old 02-22-2011, 05:02 PM   #92  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Not really a NSV, but signs that I am still shrinking, my wedding band falls off my finger now.

I will not be able to get it resized either as it is Tungsten. Will have to buy a new one or just add some tape! Lol. Better make sure I do not lose it.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:06 PM   #93  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
Hello everyone

Just reading todays posts so far and it seems everyone is doing so well today. That is so wonderful! I did some more shopping yesterday I am having a hard time finding dress pants/jeans. I am in between sizes right now. Its all good though. Down 2 sizes in 6 weeks...not bad...I am not complaining. I think I am going to take my 2nd set of pics tonight when I get home. The first ones were total horror to look at.

I hope everyone has a positive day today.

I hate to sound like a broken record here and I have seen alot of people ask the same question but does anyone know where Carla is? Did something happen on the threads that she does not post anymore? She is so inspiring and and very motivating. I really miss her. Just wondering if anyone has heard from her.
When I looked at her profile yesterday, the last time she had logged in was 2/17. I don't know if something has happened or if she is just busy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
I was excited earlier as my mouth had a fruity taste to it. Ohhhh, could it be?? Really??? Ohh I would so excited! But then again, it could have been my lip gloss... drats!
You know, I've never had the fruity taste - I tend to get furry teeth. Don't you WI tomorrow? You're going to be just fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephine216 View Post
I have a quick question and I'm not sure if I should post it in the FAQ but here goes.... does drinking coffee inder or slow down weight lost? I've been drinking 1 sometimes 2 coffee per day for the past 3 weeks but have never really been a coffee drinker before. I'm wondering if I'm hurting myself.

I'm only using 2% milk with sweetener.

Thanks (and if I should have posted somewhere else, let me know)
Nope, here is the perfect place to post that question - like you posted later, I'm wondering if you're using too much milk. You're allowed 1 oz. of milk a day (2 Tbs). Do you feel like your loss might be slowing down or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaTracy View Post
Wow, thanks guys. I have been having the same problem too. I am down 22 pounds and not one person has said, one thing. Gets you a little down, but I pick myself back up with the way that I am feeling. Its so great, and my energy level has done a triple. I don't get those afternoon slumps, where you could just fall alseep. Instead, I feel great, until time for bed. So, thanks for the words of wisdom here.

Also I am allowed a ticker now, and I've set one up, many times. But just cannot get it to show up on my messages. I guess I will just have to forgoe one, unless anyone has words of wisdom here. I have read, and re read everything about doing it, but it just does not work for me. Did anyone else have these problems. Somehow, looking at the loss on a ticker, just is so encouraging and you can really see it, even if sometimes, in your mind you can't. Thanks again all.
I totally understand about the ticker - when I get home from WI, the first thing I change is the ticker! So, I left pretty elaborate instructions on tickers in yesterday's thread, but are you copying and pasting the ticker code into your signature and clicking save? Your ticker code begins with [url...] and ends with [.../url]. Let me know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
bittersweet NSV: size 16 jeans are literally falling off of me this week. i only have 1 pair of size 14 jeans from my thinner days of yore (wearing them today). i don't want to by any pants right now because i know 14 is just a brief stop along the clothing size train. what to do?!? i work from home, so technically i could, but i really don't want to have to spend the next couple of months wallowing in the sadness of sweat pants. i have a closet full of vintage dresses that i have been trying to wear as often as possible, but they too are becoming rapidly enormous (darn you curvy ladies of the 60s!). oh, the trials and tribulations of a shrinking fashionista!!
I know - I hate sizing out of my favorite clothes, but I love knowing that smaller clothes are in my future! I hate wearing too big jeans, so I allow myself 1 pair in each size. I get mine at Maurice's,, so I only spend $25 a pair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoChica View Post
So, do any of you know what the max amount of carbs are permitted per day in order to stay on program?

Why the curious question, is that I just had lunch and for my veggies and 2 cups of steamed spinach and 1 cup of salad mix. I think I hit the carb max for the day.

Thanks,
GoChica (Elena)
I answered your question in the thread you posted on the main page. But if you've only had lunch and all the veggies you had are on the non-occasional list, you should be just fine carb wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
Just thought I'd pop in and say hello.
Hi Dave! How are you?
Old 02-22-2011, 05:11 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
Just thought I'd pop in and say hello.
Dave! How awesome to hear you pop in! Hope all is well!
Old 02-22-2011, 05:19 PM   #95  

Has anyone tried microwaving a cinnamon bar for 10-15 seconds? OMG. My coach always told me to try it, but I finally did today. A-freaking-mazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Hi everyone! There's so many great posts here already and I'm short on time so I can't reply to everyone but can I just tell you how amazing I think you all are? In the short time I've been here, I already look so forward to coming here for advice, inspiration and to offer what I can, which I hope will be more as I get more adapted to all this.
I must tell you I had an AWFUL night last night...it was one of those nights where I was working (I do a lot of work from home) and got so focused on it that I didn't even realize what time it was. 1 am hit and at the same time, a headache, hunger, sadness and just general blah hit me like a train. I shut the computer down and went to bed hoping that I would be able to fall asleep fast and get over it. Didn't happen. My mind would just NOT shut off no matter what. I even started to think of excuses why I didn't absolutely HAVE to do this. Then 2 seconds later, I would get mad, then sad, that barely done day 4 and here I was having these issues I was afraid of...I mean, who can't do this for at least 1 week? Then I got to thinking, here I am, a pretty hugely successful professional photographer which obviously took (and still takes) a lot of hard work and determination to keep being as successful as I have been, yet I can't do this after 4 days??? I was mad and sad for myself (big time pity party) so I got up, took 2 advil, drank a green tea and came to the forum. I will tell you that I read from 2 to about 3, all over the forum, especially in the picture updates threads and I finally started to feel better. I went back to bed at 3, fell asleep about 330 and woke up at 930 feeling really good that I had made it through without cheating. I'm sure a tea with splenda at 2 AM isn't great for me right now but it beats what I would have normally done. Evenings are the toughest on me bar far and I guess I should just be thankful that I had been feeling REALLY good up until last night, and even then, I WAS able to get through.
So, I'd like to thank all of you for helping me to get through my first "bump", not sure I'm completely over it but definitely feel better than last night. Oh and my coach texted me this morning to find out how I was doing (again) and I told her what happened. She told me to immediately message her when I got home today to talk about it. Love her. Going to message her now.
You are all rocking my socks IP friends, keep up the great work!

Stacy
Stacy, I am so glad that you pushed through it in a good way! Nothing wrong with drinking green tea with splenda - it's caffeine free and 000. Probably one of the best things you could have chosen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camio87 View Post
How many of you add crystal light to your water? I looked at my grocery store and all of the packets I found (including those sweetened with splenda) had sugar and/or carbs in them!
I have been adding Arizona Peach Iced Tea stix to my water 1x per day (2stix to 1L of water). They have no carbs/sugar/fat - they are sweetened with sucralose. They are hugely delish and help change things up. However, I still love my freezing cold ice water!
Okay, I'll admit it right here that I use the CL individual packs. I don't use them every day (maybe 2-3 days per week) and I usually use them on days when I have gotten behind in my water drinking. Using CL helps me get my 32 oz. bottle much faster! I've looked for the nestea that other people have mentioned, but I have never seen them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by argiles2002 View Post
Hey Everyone! I'm only on day 3 of the program and was wondering what the first week was like for all of you experienced IP people? I feel sort of depressed...and of course super irritated...........and the second a food thought pops into my head I have to push it out immediately or else my stomach will suddenly feel hungry and I'm afraid I will cheat. Did you feel 'on edge' when you started too? I really hope this goes away... I truly WANT this to work for me and I WANT to stop the horrible cycle of starting and stopping that I have always found myself in before! Maybe day 4 will be my magical day where I wake up and life is roses and sunshine? =-)
Oh yes, I was definitely on edge and cranky for the first couple of days! Twitchy, angry, frustrated and HUNGRY. It passes - I swear. Just push through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Not really a NSV, but signs that I am still shrinking, my wedding band falls off my finger now.

I will not be able to get it resized either as it is Tungsten. Will have to buy a new one or just add some tape! Lol. Better make sure I do not lose it.
Hehehe - I haven't been able to wear my wedding ring since November. I'm holding off on getting it resized until this whole thing is done. I got a cheap sterling silver band to wear and then my husband gave me a ring for our anniversary that I got sized to wear on that finger. I'll probably have to size it up to wear on my other hand after I get my wedding ring done, but hey, that's why we pay for jewelry maintenance plans! ;-)
Old 02-22-2011, 05:20 PM   #96  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
bittersweet NSV: size 16 jeans are literally falling off of me this week. i only have 1 pair of size 14 jeans from my thinner days of yore (wearing them today). i don't want to by any pants right now because i know 14 is just a brief stop along the clothing size train. what to do?!? i work from home, so technically i could, but i really don't want to have to spend the next couple of months wallowing in the sadness of sweat pants. i have a closet full of vintage dresses that i have been trying to wear as often as possible, but they too are becoming rapidly enormous (darn you curvy ladies of the 60s!). oh, the trials and tribulations of a shrinking fashionista!!
Laura,

As my size was shrinking I discovered Consignment Stores. What fun!! I got a "new" pair of Chicos jeans for $20. I'll bet there are a lot of consignment stores in the Bay Area with great clothes. The other plus? You can take your too big clothes to sell and use that money to buy your new wardrobe. It's a great way to reward yourself for all the hard work and you can still be a "Fashionista"!

Lynn
Old 02-22-2011, 05:35 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 222/207.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

....."Wallowing in the sadness of sweat-pants." LOVE IT! You made me laugh!
Thanks!
Old 02-22-2011, 05:40 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by argiles2002 View Post
Hey Everyone! I'm only on day 3 of the program and was wondering what the first week was like for all of you experienced IP people? I feel sort of depressed...and of course super irritated...........and the second a food thought pops into my head I have to push it out immediately or else my stomach will suddenly feel hungry and I'm afraid I will cheat. Did you feel 'on edge' when you started too? I really hope this goes away... I truly WANT this to work for me and I WANT to stop the horrible cycle of starting and stopping that I have always found myself in before! Maybe day 4 will be my magical day where I wake up and life is roses and sunshine? =-)
Hi there and welcome! I too have just started and am on day 5 and yesterday and last night for me were what today is for you. It's to be expected and if you read through the posts here, you'll see that if you push hard and through it, it DOES get better. I'm less than 24 hours from a meltdown last night in which I finally "gave in" and had a green tea at 2 AM with some splenda and it was enough to get me through and to sleep. Woke up feeling much better this morning although, I can say that I'm probably not 100% over it but way better than last night. Talked to my coach too and she advised focusing on OTHER things that bring comfort in rotten times like these so I went out and bought some lavender candles, a new photo prop and some more nestea for my water. Little things will help you through and I can't stress enough how much this forum helps me, especially the progress in pictures threads...HUGELY helpful to see that it CAN be done!
Good luck and make sure to check in
Old 02-22-2011, 05:43 PM   #99  
Tracy

S/C/G: 198/169.4/140

Height: 5'2"

Thanks Mrs. D. I am retrying that ticker again. Hope it works.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:44 PM   #100  
Tracy

S/C/G: 198/169.4/140

Height: 5'2"

Thanks Mrs. D. It did work. You're advice is the greatest!!!
Old 02-22-2011, 05:47 PM   #101  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

There are spacers for rings too! Fits inside and makes it size down until you're ready to size it permanently. FYI.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:54 PM   #102  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaTracy View Post
Thanks Mrs. D. It did work. You're advice is the greatest!!!
Good job!
Old 02-22-2011, 06:01 PM   #103  
OneBadGRANDmotherRunner

S/C/G: 152/143/120

Height: 5'

Just stopping in to say 2.5 more lbs. down and 17 inches total so far.

2.5 seems to be "my" average.

I'm accepting it (it's in the right direction anyway) but is anyone else losing slower than the guaranteed "3-5 lbs." per week?

Congrats to all working the program! You all inspire me!
Old 02-22-2011, 06:03 PM   #104  

S/C/G: Weight loss goal 60 pounds

Gah I must say trying to remember to eat salt is such a foreign concept! I am terrible at it as I never had to worry about it before but I notice a huge difference when I don't take the salt (headache, dizziness) I have got to figure out how to factor this into my day.....
Old 02-22-2011, 06:07 PM   #105  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonieRuns View Post
Just stopping in to say 2.5 more lbs. down and 17 inches total so far.

2.5 seems to be "my" average.

I'm accepting it (it's in the right direction anyway) but is anyone else losing slower than the guaranteed "3-5 lbs." per week?

Congrats to all working the program! You all inspire me!
They never guaranteed 3-5 lbs a week - they say that women lose an average of 3-4 lbs a week. Some are going to lose more, many are going to lose less. My average has been 2.8 lbs per week.

Last edited by Mrs Diettrich; 02-22-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Closed Thread