Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 02:25 PM   #61  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Dang, I'm off today. I burnt STEAMED broccoli. Don't ask how. I don't know. Then, washing the dishes, instead of using dish soap...Windex. Seriously. Somebody make today go faster, please. I just want to go to sleep.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:29 PM   #62  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosinthemirror View Post
PATIENCE - Know where I can get some? I'd be willing to trade some carmel nut bars for it... I think. hmmm... have to think about that one!

You think you are impatient!!! Try needing to lose 150 pounds!!! I have SO FAR to go and have to remind myself DAILY that at no other time in my life have I lost weight this quickly. It wasn't over night that I got here, but if it only takes months or a year to get it off, that's a miracle! I have been struggling seeing others who have lost the about the same amount of weight and have dropped multiple sizes... I am still in JUST BAGGY land. Really baggy, but still not down 4 sizes! Not getting the daily comments of WOW what are you doing! Etc. I try to tell myself that I just wear my weight well and now that it is coming off it's not as noticeable, but I see it... and there it is.... drumroll please........the big revelation....that's all that matters. I see it... I feel it and I LOVE IT!!! I feel so much better. I swear I look in the mirror more often and think wow! Or look down at my legs when sitting in a chair and notice they don't spread out as much! Just sitting in a chair and not having my butt sticking out the sides! I guess those are all my NSV's that I have daily but never write about. Now, I need to write that on about 50 stickies and put them all over work and home so I don't forget it!

I know, without a doubt that I wouldn't be doing this without this forum. I am not using a coach or IP products, but am still succeeding. I thank each and everyone of you for your thoughts, input, recipes and general butt kicking! I read the posts daily...without fail. I may not post often, but trust me.. I am here and cheering!
You ARE doing great. Remember, I'm barely 5'3 in shoes, so pounds show more on me. I think you're amazing and love reading what you write.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:31 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 248/239/160

Height: 5'6"

I had some pretty good NSV's this weekend. We went to the movies and I took an IP bar - was very satisfied and wasn't even tempted by the kids' popcorn. Also have worked out a system with my husband that I make dinner and he puts away the leftovers. That way I'm not tempted to take a bite or two when no one is looking! This weekend wasn't nearly as hard as last weekend. Really no cravings - this is week 3 on IP. Hoping each one just gets easier and easier.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:33 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5'5

HUGE NSV for me.... I went to lunch with a couple of colleagues (which I have been to scared to do since I started back on IP).......and I stayed 100% OP...... so excited and proud....one step at a time
Old 02-22-2011, 02:34 PM   #65  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Hello everyone

Just reading todays posts so far and it seems everyone is doing so well today. That is so wonderful! I did some more shopping yesterday I am having a hard time finding dress pants/jeans. I am in between sizes right now. Its all good though. Down 2 sizes in 6 weeks...not bad...I am not complaining. I think I am going to take my 2nd set of pics tonight when I get home. The first ones were total horror to look at.

I hope everyone has a positive day today.

I hate to sound like a broken record here and I have seen alot of people ask the same question but does anyone know where Carla is? Did something happen on the threads that she does not post anymore? She is so inspiring and and very motivating. I really miss her. Just wondering if anyone has heard from her.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:40 PM   #66  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Jumping down from the rafters. You guys are doing great with your no "sneaks" and no "cheats" ! For those of you that have falled off the wagon, you need to jump right back on and get with the program!

I'm enjoying my butterscotch pudding, YUM... very good, but not as good as the

I was excited earlier as my mouth had a fruity taste to it. Ohhhh, could it be?? Really??? Ohh I would so excited! But then again, it could have been my lip gloss... drats!

Have a great OP day guys, behave yourselves out there! We can do this!

Old 02-22-2011, 02:40 PM   #67  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
PATIENCE - Know where I can get some? I'd be willing to trade some carmel nut bars for it... I think. hmmm... have to think about that one!

You think you are impatient!!! Try needing to lose 150 pounds!!! I have SO FAR to go and have to remind myself DAILY that at no other time in my life have I lost weight this quickly. It wasn't over night that I got here, but if it only takes months or a year to get it off, that's a miracle! I have been struggling seeing others who have lost the about the same amount of weight and have dropped multiple sizes... I am still in JUST BAGGY land. Really baggy, but still not down 4 sizes! Not getting the daily comments of WOW what are you doing! Etc. I try to tell myself that I just wear my weight well and now that it is coming off it's not as noticeable, but I see it... and there it is.... drumroll please........the big revelation....that's all that matters. I see it... I feel it and I LOVE IT!!! I feel so much better. I swear I look in the mirror more often and think wow! Or look down at my legs when sitting in a chair and notice they don't spread out as much! Just sitting in a chair and not having my butt sticking out the sides! I guess those are all my NSV's that I have daily but never write about. Now, I need to write that on about 50 stickies and put them all over work and home so I don't forget it!

I know, without a doubt that I wouldn't be doing this without this forum. I am not using a coach or IP products, but am still succeeding. I thank each and everyone of you for your thoughts, input, recipes and general butt kicking! I read the posts daily...without fail. I may not post often, but trust me.. I am here and cheering!
whosinthemirror - You are doing awesome! Keep it up. I loved this post! I just bought new clothes over the weekend and have on a new outfit today and all of the sudden everyone is like....ummm not to be too personal but have you lost weight...haha...enjoy the ride girl! I am sure you are looking fab!
Old 02-22-2011, 02:40 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 226/172/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by esammy12 View Post
Well, I've only been doing this for a month, so the more experienced IP'ers will be more helpful, but I've been living low carb for years (diabetic) and I sometimes substitute 1 egg plus 1/2 cup of egg whites, with some veggies for breakfast. I have an enormous salad with most of a can of tuna, EVOO and apple cider vinegar for lunch, I have substituted Atkins bars (check for equitable calorie and fat level) and still lost weight, low sugar protein powder and unsweetened soy milk can work for a shake, and then have your regular dinner. There are also other places (nashuanutrition) where you could order some very similar items and maybe they chould ship very quickly - they're less expensive than IP so maybe it would still be cost effective to have rush delivery.
You could still experience weight loss this way.
canned tuna and eggs are excellent suggestions.

Quote:

On average people don't notice weight loss on another person until they've lost 30-40 pounds, so don't get discouraged. You are doing so wonderfully, so keep it up
Old 02-22-2011, 02:41 PM   #69  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:

YOU ARE DOING GREAT! If you can notice, others are noticing too! Keep at it and we will all succeed!

Great Job!
Old 02-22-2011, 02:54 PM   #70  
Started IP Dec 4, 2010

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolberger View Post
Way to go Josephine. You CAN do it. You have already come so far. I will think of you today. Check back in tonight and let us know how today went.

Lynn
Thanks Lynn, so far so good. Drinking a lot of water and making sure that I eat when I start to be hungry (I eat often, spreading the IP and other foods throughout the day, I find it's better for me). I won't be able to chek in tonight but I promise, I'll be good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgadsMe View Post
Sounds like you need some of this: , and maybe just an extra sprinkling for an emergency

Hang in there! You can do it!!

HAHAHA, you make me laugh. I'll carry that thought with me the next few days. Thanks EgadsMe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalison View Post
Hey everyone. I am in need of your help!

Out here in the Northwest everything shuts down when it snows and getting around is nearly impossible. That being said, IT'S SNOWING! And I am stranded an hour away from home. With another 4-6 inches expected tonight I doubt I will be able to get to my WI, which means I won't have my food for the next week. I am SO anxious over this.

So my question is, how the heck can I substitute a whole weeks worth of food? Any suggestions would be very helpful. I was thinking I could just eat protein and veggies for breakfast, lunch and dinner and maybe a protein shake for a snack? I would have to check the protein powder I have to see if it is acceptable. Help! Haha.
Can you call the IP coach up and order some stuff and they could send it over with someone else from your area? Even if it's 1-2 days late at least it's not a week. I'm from a small town so we do things like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
Dang, I'm off today. I burnt STEAMED broccoli. Don't ask how. I don't know. Then, washing the dishes, instead of using dish soap...Windex. Seriously. Somebody make today go faster, please. I just want to go to sleep.
Jolie, you crack me up. I often laugh at your posts and my kids think I'm crazy. Good luck for the rest of the day, do not cross the road or wash any cloths, who knows what will happen.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:18 PM   #71  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:

This post makes me laugh and get a little teary (well not really I am at work) at the same time --- I know exactly how you feel about no one noticing - I am almost down 30 pounds (I say almost because I have yet to go for my official weigh -in this week) and not one person has said anything to me...not one. Like you, I am not dropping sizes like everyone else seems to be doing - I was just thinking to myself...who loses 30 pounds and only barely drops 1 pant size. (forget about shirt size - my chest is still there -- no loss in that department unfortunately)-- I called my coach because it was kind of bothering me - which isn't really my style - but I had to ask. She was so lovely and said to me that some of her clients drop inches as consistently as they drop weight - others will drop weight and then all of a sudden....whoosh they have dropped 2 dress sizes in a week - she says she was like me and then all of a sudden it just happened. I thought I would share this with you because it did make me feel better - and in passing it along I hope it makes you feel better too. You have done such an fantastic job without a coach...a mix of willpower, knowledge, perseverance and some serious internal accountability. I am sending you thoughts of a whoosh
Old 02-22-2011, 03:18 PM   #72  
Started IP Dec 4, 2010

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'5"

I have a quick question and I'm not sure if I should post it in the FAQ but here goes.... does drinking coffee inder or slow down weight lost? I've been drinking 1 sometimes 2 coffee per day for the past 3 weeks but have never really been a coffee drinker before. I'm wondering if I'm hurting myself.

I'm only using 2% milk with sweetener.

Thanks (and if I should have posted somewhere else, let me know)
Old 02-22-2011, 03:27 PM   #73  
Lynn

S/C/G: 218/186/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephine216 View Post
I have a quick question and I'm not sure if I should post it in the FAQ but here goes.... does drinking coffee inder or slow down weight lost? I've been drinking 1 sometimes 2 coffee per day for the past 3 weeks but have never really been a coffee drinker before. I'm wondering if I'm hurting myself.

I'm only using 2% milk with sweetener.

Thanks (and if I should have posted somewhere else, let me know)

While I believe there is a "coffee" thread buried somewhere in here, you're okay to have coffee. The general rule of thumb is to drink an extra water for each cup of coffee. You can have 1 oz of skim milk which is within protocol for your coffee and of course Splenda and the like. Many also use the DaVinci and/or Torani sugar-free syrup. I love it in my coffee. Also, many (including me) will use their IP vanilla or chocolate RTD and mix with their coffee. Makes a delightful latte type drink. My fave of all IP treats!

Good luck!
Old 02-22-2011, 03:31 PM   #74  
Tracy

S/C/G: 198/169.4/140

Height: 5'2"

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
This post makes me laugh and get a little teary (well not really I am at work) at the same time --- I know exactly how you feel about no one noticing - I am almost down 30 pounds (I say almost because I have yet to go for my official weigh -in this week) and not one person has said anything to me...not one. Like you, I am not dropping sizes like everyone else seems to be doing - I was just thinking to myself...who loses 30 pounds and only barely drops 1 pant size. (forget about shirt size - my chest is still there -- no loss in that department unfortunately)-- I called my coach because it was kind of bothering me - which isn't really my style - but I had to ask. She was so lovely and said to me that some of her clients drop inches as consistently as they drop weight - others will drop weight and then all of a sudden....whoosh they have dropped 2 dress sizes in a week - she says she was like me and then all of a sudden it just happened. I thought I would share this with you because it did make me feel better - and in passing it along I hope it makes you feel better too. You have done such an fantastic job without a coach...a mix of willpower, knowledge, perseverance and some serious internal accountability. I am sending you thoughts of a whoosh

Wow, thanks guys. I have been having the same problem too. I am down 22 pounds and not one person has said, one thing. Gets you a little down, but I pick myself back up with the way that I am feeling. Its so great, and my energy level has done a triple. I don't get those afternoon slumps, where you could just fall alseep. Instead, I feel great, until time for bed. So, thanks for the words of wisdom here.

Also I am allowed a ticker now, and I've set one up, many times. But just cannot get it to show up on my messages. I guess I will just have to forgoe one, unless anyone has words of wisdom here. I have read, and re read everything about doing it, but it just does not work for me. Did anyone else have these problems. Somehow, looking at the loss on a ticker, just is so encouraging and you can really see it, even if sometimes, in your mind you can't. Thanks again all.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:09 PM   #75  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

bittersweet NSV: size 16 jeans are literally falling off of me this week. i only have 1 pair of size 14 jeans from my thinner days of yore (wearing them today). i don't want to by any pants right now because i know 14 is just a brief stop along the clothing size train. what to do?!? i work from home, so technically i could, but i really don't want to have to spend the next couple of months wallowing in the sadness of sweat pants. i have a closet full of vintage dresses that i have been trying to wear as often as possible, but they too are becoming rapidly enormous (darn you curvy ladies of the 60s!). oh, the trials and tribulations of a shrinking fashionista!!
Closed Thread