Old 02-19-2011, 02:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Default Does any one ever feel cold, or flushed ?

This is my third week on IP, so far its been pretty simple to follow. Thanks of course to all the knowledge I have read on here. So many people taking the time to help us newbies. It is much appreciated, ty.

I find that sometimes I feel so cold. Like at bedtime, takes me an hour to warm up. Even slept with socks. Its not cold in the house, I have flannel sheets, flannel pjs and socks. Then maybe 3 am I am too hot. Not sweaty but just dont need the covers anymore.

Sometimes in the day I am flushed. The same feeling I get when I drink wine and feel the buzz lol. Doesnt last long, comes and goes.

Does anyone else have these strange temperature drops?
locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: Weight loss goal 60 pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by locks View Post
This is my third week on IP, so far its been pretty simple to follow. Thanks of course to all the knowledge I have read on here. So many people taking the time to help us newbies. It is much appreciated, ty.

I find that sometimes I feel so cold. Like at bedtime, takes me an hour to warm up. Even slept with socks. Its not cold in the house, I have flannel sheets, flannel pjs and socks. Then maybe 3 am I am too hot. Not sweaty but just dont need the covers anymore.

Sometimes in the day I am flushed. The same feeling I get when I drink wine and feel the buzz lol. Doesnt last long, comes and goes.

YES! I definitely have experienced this! I find that my hands are constantly frozen these days and I have a hard time warming up (ie always have a blanket on me, socks slippers etc) and I will randomly find myself flushed (similar to drinking wine) but less often than I am cold. My coach explained being cold as my metabolism changing but I'm not sure about the flushedness.....
Adrean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:56 PM   #3  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by locks View Post

the coldness will get better. my hands and feet were frozen for about the first 5 weeks. i'm on my 7th week now and the coldness has gotten much better. something to look forward to!
longdivision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/188/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
the coldness will get better. my hands and feet were frozen for about the first 5 weeks. i'm on my 7th week now and the coldness has gotten much better. something to look forward to!
Hi yes I find the cold really bothers me now, my nose always seems cold, and sometimes worse than others. my coach told me at the start this might happen because you are losing body fat.
Tweety bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Good thing spring is coming soon, I took a warm bath this afternoon seemed to help a lot for a while. Thats good to know I am losing fat, so easier to acept for sure lol.
locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:24 PM   #6  

I spent all last summer being cold all day & all night... then suddenly in probably December, all that was over & I was fine -- 'til yesterday & today... believe it or not, it was 78 degrees here today (crazy weather!), & I spent the day shivering... I've got the furnace cranked up tonight, trying to warm up... I hope it's a sign of another whoosh, losing body fat again...

hugs

P.S. Come to think of it, December was when I stopped being 100% on protocol... I've been back on for about a month... maybe there's really a connection...

Last edited by Aunt Sheshie; 02-23-2011 at 11:26 PM. Reason: to add P.S.
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:25 PM   #7  
started IP: Jan 24th 2011

S/C/G: 195/173/125

Height: 5'2"

Hello fellow IPers!

I've been on the programs for a little over 5 weeks. And this past week, I really noticed feeling cold all the time, teeth jittering cold, sometimes. Especially my feet, hands and nose... I can't seem to warm up at all.
I'm glad that I found this particular thread. At least I know that it's normal and that I am not alone feeling this way.

... now, if I can only stop fantasizing about fresh baked bread! lol
Anyone got any tips?

Thanks!
Ginger Lily is offline   Reply With Quote