Old 03-09-2011, 01:31 AM   #31  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figgypudding View Post
My son hadn't seen me for a couple of months. He walked in and saw me and just started screaming OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!
That is AWESOME!! It put a huge smile on my face.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:48 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 345/ticker/150

Height: 5'10

I used to date guys who were... well.. not cute. And kind of losers. And not very intelligent. Okay, total losers. And I usually went for them because they were big, big guys and made me feel less like a cow. But they were always losers. (I had lowww self esteem!) Well, I've lost over 100 pounds and I'm kind of starting to date again.. Anddd I met this guy recently.. who may or may not be a loser (that is yet to be determined) but if he IS a loser.. he is at least a HOTT loser. My first hottie ) He's obsessed with working out, and is in reallly good shape. And is just so good looking! Haha, I sound so shallow - he's also hilarious and pretttttty smart! And fun! But anyways, I deserve a hottie I think. Well, I was feeling a little insecure about my weight, and wondering if maybe he was thinner than me and I looked huge next to him.. so I said to Emily (my best friend) (after she met him), "Do you think we look disproportionate together? Like too big, too small?" And she goes, "What? Guys are supposed to be bigger than girls..? You think... you look too... skinny next to him???" And I was like, "What? No? I meant, he's too skinny for me? I look fat next to him." And she was like, "Wait, what? No? You're stupid. You're skinny. You look skinny next to him. Because you're skinny. He's just buff. You guys look like a muscular guy and a skinny girl. Weirdo." Very nice compliment from my best friend. Where would we be without friends?

Also, my best guy friend has been gone for about a year (basic training in the Army) and hasn't seen me since I started my diet. I was talking to him on Facebook one night, and I said something like, "right, because that's not unnecessary calories" and he was like "What do you care!" and I was like, "Um I care a lot, have I not told you how obsessed I am with losing weight, loser?" Andd he was quiet for a bit then he comes back and goes, "I just looked through your pictures, you've lost a ton of weight... how much weight have you lost?!" And i was like "Personal question!" but told him over 100 pounds, and he was like "wow.. keep it up." And ever since has been IMing me more often about it - not exactly a compliment... but I used to have a huge crush on him so idk, it feels good that he noticed and cares.
sweetsmmr91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:29 AM   #33  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

CoWorkers - The best was at work. I was at one of our copiers making copies and someone who has not seen me since December said, "Oh I saw you from the back and I was like no that isn't her, but your long hair gave you away....your back is getting so small....ok how much have you lost and what are you doing....

I am in a family of all size 0 to size 4's (I hate them all...lol), so dealing with this all my life I always called myself the big girl...going shopping in the big girl store....anyway I saw my mom after not seeing her for about 6 weeks and her face was worth a thousand words and she said to me please do not call yourself a big girl anymore it upsets me....plus there is no reason for it look at you.....her face and words will always be with me and motivate me.

Friends....oh they are funny. I still do weekly going out to dinners and stay OP. They are great with the comments....Look at this B**** getting skinny....Aww Ally look how beautiful u are......Sean (my bf) is going to die when he sees you! (doing the long distance thing since he is in med school)

My ultimate compliments is....having doors held open again for me.....I do not know if anyone else experienced this but being heavy they would rush for the door and it would close in front of your face now I am a short distance away and someone will wait and keep the door open....that makes me happy!
Beachbella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:04 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 175/159/125

"you are glowing! your skin looks great and I can't stop looking at your butt."
I love my DH.
redbugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:44 AM   #35  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

I was laying in bed and my husband was rubbing my stomach and he asked "are you sucking in?" I said "no". "You are turning into all skin an bones woman!" He probably has no idea how much that comment meant to me.

I have a daughter who is 11 and wears size small adult pj bottoms. I was getting ready for bed and put on my PJ bottoms. She comes up to me and asked "mom do you want me to get you one of mine? Those are falling off you"
Alaskaipjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:47 AM   #36  
Started IP 1/3/11

S/C/G: 198.9/167.3/150

Height: 5'4"

On Monday my boyfriend of 4 year proposed! When I went in to my coach and told her her response was can you imagine how wonderful you're going to look in your wedding dress?! It was such a wonderful compliment and I can't wait to start trying them on!!
Rach can do it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:15 PM   #37  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaipjourney View Post
I was laying in bed and my husband was rubbing my stomach and he asked "are you sucking in?" I said "no". "You are turning into all skin an bones woman!" He probably has no idea how much that comment meant to me.

I have a daughter who is 11 and wears size small adult pj bottoms. I was getting ready for bed and put on my PJ bottoms. She comes up to me and asked "mom do you want me to get you one of mine? Those are falling off you"
AWWW! That is so precious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach can do it View Post
On Monday my boyfriend of 4 year proposed! When I went in to my coach and told her her response was can you imagine how wonderful you're going to look in your wedding dress?! It was such a wonderful compliment and I can't wait to start trying them on!!
CONGRATULATIONS!! How exciting! I am sure you will be excited. Be aware, we have had some gals on here lose so much they have been unable to tailor their dresses. Get a design that will allow for that or wait as long as you can, as close as is reasonably possible on your deadline to order so, you are nearest to your final size.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:52 PM   #38  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

I think it is odd....but more men approach me than women. In fact two men that bowl with my fiance have approached me (and I would say I have never spoken to either before) and said they didn't want to offend me, but I looked great. I was almost afraid to tell my fiance....but I did. It made me feel great....2 guys over 2 months apart....totally random.....I felt amazing. Made my month(s)!!!

On the wedding dress front....I am worried. I ordered a dress 1 size smaller than I was wearing at the time. BUT, I ordered it in a corset, so hopefully I can suck it in....or they can hopefully alter it slightly so it can be smaller. I have kind of moved to a modified phase 1.....I want to get into my dress to see how it fits before I decide to stop or lose more! sucks to spend that much money on something that has to be ordered a million years prior to the wedding, and then not fit!!!!
wyoangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:19 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figgypudding View Post
My son hadn't seen me for a couple of months. He walked in and saw me and just started screaming OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!
This is my dream compliment, GOOD FOR YOU! How great that must have made you feel.
I am going to see my boys in another 20 days, last time I saw them I was at 214. Hopefully I'll be 175 when I see them again. I know they'll be shocked! I can't wait!
mamarix1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:37 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 294/294/150

Height: 5'3"

I am a teacher and my high school students noticed today for the first time. It made me feel great.
kamikazecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:38 PM   #41  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Got my first real compliment today. Someone at work who I haven't seen in a few weeks. She knew I was starting the diet at the beginning of March. I saw her today and her reaction, "Oh my God! Look at you!". I am smiling from ear to ear.

Second work compliment. A coworker looked at me strangely and kicked her head to the side. she said "you look smaller...". I think she was puzzled because she saw me a few weeks ago and I guess the difference is dramatic. Yay!

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 03-25-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:03 PM   #42  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Bump
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:24 PM   #43  
IP START: March 20th 2011

Height: 5'5''

well I have only been on IP for 5 days.
today my fiance said "your thighs and hips are smaller already"
I could have cried, because he is very honest. Past diet attempts he never commented on the weight loss. I would tell him "I lost a few lbs." he would just say "good for you, keep it up" but he has NEVER outright told me I look smaller.
Shrinking Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:39 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 236/217/195

Height: 5ft4

I went to lunch w/ a friend yesterday (from my old job) we hadn't seen each other since november. And the very first thing she said to me was "my gosh your wasting away! what have you lost like 30lbs?" Of course I think she may have been over reacting to my loss.. or just being extra nice. But it felt sooo good to hear it. I wanted to hug her.
MzHopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:44 PM   #45  
just getting started

S/C/G: 213/201/160

Height: 5'7''

So I'm really just getting started so I haven't gotten those kind of replies yet. But one I have gotten alot when someone finds out how much I weigh, they do that step back and look me top to bottom move and say "There's no way". (which makes me feel good, because it tells me I hold the weight well and am not a total fashion disaster, lol, and I can't wait to see how I look once I start to lose some!)
LoniFTW is offline   Reply With Quote