Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 01:53 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 201/147/155

Height: 5"9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
Good morning all ! I was just noticing the other day that my closet REALLY needs some cleaning out..... my question to you all is: is anyone KEEPING their old fat clothes? I have so many capris, some are like NEW , brand new... from last summer... I am so happy they FALL DOWN on my now...but still that is a lot of $$. I do not plan on gaining...but if we are honest with ourselves, we know that happens..For whatever reasons. Kind of nervous to bite the bullet and donate bags and bags of these clothes. advice? ideas?
I got rid of everything except for the next size up (12's-which I don't have alot of anyway since I was going down when I hit that size). Hopefully, if I gain I will get control before I go up another size...cause if I do I won't have any clothes!!
Old 02-17-2011, 01:57 PM   #47  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
I actually love the orange pancakes (but not as pancakes). I make muffins with them (use only 2 oz of water). I, also, add either cinnamon and allspice or WF Maple syrup to them, cook for 10 min on 400. I get 3 tasty muffins that are waaaaaaaaay better than the pancakes.

I'm not sure about excel unless it is a size issue. I've had more problems attaching things than luck on here, but then again I'm an IT person who expects things to react a certain way and these forums do not always act the way I think they should.

PS. I love when we have great peppers. It has become one of our favorite snacks and sides.

I say donate them. I got mine out of the house as fast as possible, because I don't want to spend money to buy new "fat" clothes ever again. For me it is extra incentive to make sure I always fit in my old and/or new "skinnier" clothes. Every one needs to handle these things differently but I gave mine away.

Congrats on the smaller jeans!!!

I was a slow loser the entire time I was on phase 1. It didn't matter if I did boot camp or had an extra protein. I rarely lost even 2 lb. a week. Hang in there. I know it is difficult after the bigger losses, but every 1 lb. is still a loss. Is it around TOM? Sometimes that can slow weight loss down for some women.

If it isn't around TOM, you may want to try an extra protein pack a day to see if that helps or try IP boot camp for a week to see if that helps.

Stick with it. You are still making progress in the right direction. Congrats again on those size 14s.

DO NOT worry about it. Try being the girl who forgot to open the daily thread all together Also, I make mistakes all the time...like keeping 2010 as the year for the first week or 2 of this year. Mistakes happen. It isn't the end of the world. THANK YOU again for getting thread open for everyone. I'm very very grateful.
Those muffins sound great!! So gonna try those Saturday morning!! What is IP Boot Camp?
Old 02-17-2011, 02:02 PM   #48  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Back from WI 6 and lost 6 lbs! Feeling good.

I have also taken a leap and bought a variety pack of restricteds. I hope this does not change my weekly results in a negative way. Had one at lunch today and it was great, it was the cranberry or raspberry crunch bar. I hope to see good results adding in Restricteds.

Congratulations to all NSV and SV's today! Keep up the good work. WE CAN DO THIS!
Old 02-17-2011, 02:06 PM   #49  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Way to go juiceman!

Yes, what is IP boot camp? I haven't lost but a pound and a half in the last two weeks combined. I know it works, and I know there are slumps...I'd just like to get out of mine!
Old 02-17-2011, 02:22 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Wow...I'm just back from my WI and 1lb past my 130 goal. I'm flipped. I cannot believe I really did this!!!!
I'm on phase 4, after having lost another 3 lbs on phase 3. My coach said this is a great sign that I now have activated my fat burning enzymes in my body and that the pancreas is doing it's job.
I did notice my gallbladder acting up, some nausea in the morning, and feels like theres some gravel trying to move thru. My coach said the gallbladder is putting out more bile to digest the extra oils I've added back into my diet. Since I've had gallbladder issues in the past,he suggested not having red meat or hard cheese for 2 weeks and monitor myself.
I am looking forward to the maintenance part of this program...something I was very frightened of before while on phase 1. Now I see I can do this and my system has been radically altered as the program promises. Have a great rest of the day everyone!
Old 02-17-2011, 02:25 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 225/156/125

Height: 5' 0"

Hey everyone.

Getting ready for my 4th WI today. I am a little anxious because I didn't do as well as I should have this week. I didn't cheat but there were a few days where I didn't get as much water as I should have. That combined with my monthly gift may make for a sour appointment. Oh well, I guess I will see. The bottom line is I KNOW it works even though sometimes it may be slow.

Hope everyone has a great day! I will come back and check in after my WI.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:26 PM   #52  

Just thought I'd fess up, for those of you who don't read the Exercise thread... since I started IP protocol, I have not been on the scales, so I haven't known how much I weighed or how many lbs. I've lost... I still don't know what I weighed at the beginning, but I have an idea in my head... but this week, I joined a gym & in my fitness assessment, they weighed me, reluctantly on my part... the verdict -- 160 lbs... a little more than I was guessing, but not much... still, it's just a number to me, one I refuse to obsess over... I probably won't get back on the scales for another month or 6 weeks, whenever they do my next assessment...

Back to the business at hand, staying on protocol 100%!!!..

hugs
Old 02-17-2011, 02:44 PM   #53  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

I am in the same boat as you. Week five was 1.6 pounds and not much movement yet at all. It's the dreaded plateau. Just keeping a positive attitude, just gotta keep on doing what we are doing it is early in our weight loss journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
I'm borderline frustrated and I know this is the only place I feel comfortable venting. I'm been having large losses but last week (week 5) I lost under 2 lbs and the scale hasn't been moving much since that weigh in a few days ago. What gives? I know there is a healing time and slow down for most people but 2 weeks long?! I have not cheated one bit this entire time, drink all my water, take my salt and vitamins.

On another, happier note, I'm wearing size 14 Gap jeans (a bit tight) at work today and I started at a tight 18. Love that.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:04 PM   #54  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

WI #6 today and it is pouring rain outside. i don't drive and i have to go downtown for my appointment. i don't even want to get out of bed today (yes, i am working for BED today). wah, wah, wah... life is so hard living in a city that has had the entire winter in the 70s!
Old 02-17-2011, 03:21 PM   #55  
1/6/14

S/C/G: 296/271/225

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaTracy View Post
Hello Everyone. Has anyone used the orange pancakes? I am disappointed withe them this morning. I mixed them properly but even with some olive oil in the pan, they stuck something terrible. I ended up eating this pile of yuck. Does anyone have any wisdoms with this? I have cooked many pancakes in my day, but these are so terribly thin. Thanks
I found you have to have a non-stick pan. When I first tried to make them in a regular frying pan, oil, etc.., it just didn't work, and it was a mess. I love the pancakes & crepes ever since I got a flat non-stick pan.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:25 PM   #56  
1/6/14

S/C/G: 296/271/225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaipjourney View Post
I am in the same boat as you. Week five was 1.6 pounds and not much movement yet at all. It's the dreaded plateau. Just keeping a positive attitude, just gotta keep on doing what we are doing it is early in our weight loss journey.
I had been dropping 5lbs at a time, then just a 2lbs drop. My coach grinned and said I'm greedy, then showed me my totals. However, she did review my foods, and asked me whether I was regular. I had noticed I wasn't regular every day. I added a supplement to help with that. I also cooked at home. My next WI, yesterday was 6lbs. So, I'm happy and greedy again!
Old 02-17-2011, 03:29 PM   #57  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I think you may be missing a whole lot if you don't have access to ALL the threads and stickies. They're here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

If you ever find yourself in the same position, just post in the day-before thread which will still be open.
Thanks for the link Linden. Now I'll never get anything done! (jk)
Old 02-17-2011, 03:38 PM   #58  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

Default Petiteandcute!!

I just wanted to let you know I've read thru some of your prior post. I just love your attitude and find you inspiring! Thank you so much. I have been going thru a bit of plateau which gets frustrating but reading your accomplishments has really helped to keep me motiviated. Thanks for being here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteandcute View Post
Tomorrow is my first day on phase 4, I have a general idea of what to do. I think my problem is moving from 3 exact phases to a phase with more choices. I appreciate all the help I can get, so post the info you get. I plan to slide into phase 4 gently. I have been on this program 9 months. I have really enjoyed blueberries the past 2 weeks. They say "You don't miss the water till the well runs dry." Judy
P.S. Keep your head up and your weight down.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:43 PM   #59  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymae View Post
Wow...I'm just back from my WI and 1lb past my 130 goal. I'm flipped. I cannot believe I really did this!!!!
I'm on phase 4, after having lost another 3 lbs on phase 3. My coach said this is a great sign that I now have activated my fat burning enzymes in my body and that the pancreas is doing it's job.
I did notice my gallbladder acting up, some nausea in the morning, and feels like theres some gravel trying to move thru. My coach said the gallbladder is putting out more bile to digest the extra oils I've added back into my diet. Since I've had gallbladder issues in the past,he suggested not having red meat or hard cheese for 2 weeks and monitor myself.
I am looking forward to the maintenance part of this program...something I was very frightened of before while on phase 1. Now I see I can do this and my system has been radically altered as the program promises. Have a great rest of the day everyone!
Congrats!! Please let us know how maintenance goes....to me, that is the scariest part of all, when we are left to our own devices. I am starting phase 3 next week.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:48 PM   #60  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
Good morning all ! I was just noticing the other day that my closet REALLY needs some cleaning out..... my question to you all is: is anyone KEEPING their old fat clothes? I have so many capris, some are like NEW , brand new... from last summer... I am so happy they FALL DOWN on my now...but still that is a lot of $$. I do not plan on gaining...but if we are honest with ourselves, we know that happens..For whatever reasons. Kind of nervous to bite the bullet and donate bags and bags of these clothes. advice? ideas?
Get rid of them - don't give yourself any reason to go backwards. A dear friend of mine started losing weight right around the same time that I did and she is 2-3 sizes up from me, so everytime I clean out my closet, she gets more clothes! Good for her and good for me. I don't want to ever have a reason to wear those clothes again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
I'm borderline frustrated and I know this is the only place I feel comfortable venting. I'm been having large losses but last week (week 5) I lost under 2 lbs and the scale hasn't been moving much since that weigh in a few days ago. What gives? I know there is a healing time and slow down for most people but 2 weeks long?! I have not cheated one bit this entire time, drink all my water, take my salt and vitamins.

On another, happier note, I'm wearing size 14 Gap jeans (a bit tight) at work today and I started at a tight 18. Love that.
Push on through! January was a TERRIBLE month for me - slow, minute losses, so frustrating. So far in February, my 2 losses have been 4.8 & 6 lbs. Your body will let go of it - I swear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinobowerRN View Post
Those muffins sound great!! So gonna try those Saturday morning!! What is IP Boot Camp?
IP Boot Camp is no occasional veggies, no restricted packets. Sometimes people do it when they feel like their in a slump. So, only unrestricted veggies & packets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaipjourney View Post
I just wanted to let you know I've read thru some of your prior post. I just love your attitude and find you inspiring! Thank you so much. I have been going thru a bit of plateau which gets frustrating but reading your accomplishments has really helped to keep me motiviated. Thanks for being here.
Petiteandcute is the best - she and RockyMonarch kicked my butt back in week 3 or 4 when I was screwing around!
Closed Thread